Car Rental at Cancun Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
A mecca of nightlife and beach parties, Cancun is one of the tourist trademarks of Mexico. But while the city itself undoubtedly has lots to offer, getting a rental car will give you access to a number of other interesting destinations of the Yucatan peninsula. With that in mind, these are three of the most fun day trips from Cancun:
- Chichen Itza. Located a good two-and-a-half-hour drive southwest of Cancun, Chichen Itza is nonetheless worth the long trip. The largest Mayan site in Mexico, this pre-Columbian city is best known for the impressive Pyramid of Kukulcan (also known simply as El Castillo) and its sculptures of feathered serpents, but the rest of the temples and sites are just as awe-inspiring.
- Cozumel. Another very popular tourist destination, the island of Cozumel is known for its beautiful coastline and as a hub of scuba diving and snorkeling, chiefly thanks to the reefs that surround it; the island is also home to the Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park and Arrecife Alacranes National Park (also called the Scorpion Reef). A drive south from Cancun takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes and includes a ferry, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Sian Ka’an. One of the most beautiful nature areas in the region, Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve is known both for its diversity of flora and fauna and for its ecologically conscious tours. Made up of a tropical jungle, mangrove forests, and even a barrier reef, the area is home to unique wildlife species like kinkajous, ocelots, and coatis. There are tours you can join, but it’s possible to also visit the reserve independently, although, depending on the areas you want to access, you might need a 4x4 vehicle. The drive from Cancun takes about three hours. A trip to Sian Ka’an can be combined with a visit to Cozumel or to the nearby Mayan site of Tulum.
Top international routes
- El Salvador Airport
- Los Angeles
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
Cancun Airport (CUN)
- IATA: CUN
- ICAO: MMUN
- Name: Cancun Airport (CUN)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 23,601,509
- Distance from City: 9.3 miles / 15 km S of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 20 Locations near Cancun Airport
Car Rental at Cancun Dreams Natura Resort & SPA from $88.33 per day
Car Rental at Tijuana Airport from $35.30 per day13552.0 km / 8420.8 miles away
Car Rental on Tijuana Camino Real from $80.62 per day13555.7 km / 8423.1 miles away
Car Rental at Hermosillo Airport from $32.77 per day14130.5 km / 8780.3 miles away
Car Rental at Chihuahua Airport from $23.86 per day14327.0 km / 8902.4 miles away
Car Rental at Loreto Airport from $51.64 per day14439.9 km / 8972.5 miles away
Car Rental at La Paz Airport from $44.75 per day14674.8 km / 9118.5 miles away
Car Rental at Culiacan Airport from $36.12 per day14703.0 km / 9136.0 miles away
Car Rental at Monterrey Airport from $16.55 per day14766.7 km / 9175.6 miles away
Car Rental at Monterrey Sheraton Ambassador from $63.06 per day14775.7 km / 9181.2 miles away
Car Rental on Monterrey Fashion Drive from $41.32 per day14777.0 km / 9182.0 miles away
Car Rental at Monterrey San Pedro Garza Garcia from $48.62 per day14777.6 km / 9182.4 miles away
Car Rental at Los Cabos Int. Airport from $16.55 per day14795.3 km / 9193.4 miles away
Car Rental at Los Cabos Puerto Logistico from $51.90 per day14804.1 km / 9198.8 miles away
Car Rental at San Jose del Cabo Mariott Hotel from $63.21 per day14805.7 km / 9199.9 miles away
Car Rental at Los Cabos The Westin Hotel from $51.90 per day14810.5 km / 9202.8 miles away
Car Rental at San Jose del Cabo Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa from $75.36 per day14810.5 km / 9202.8 miles away
Car Rental at Cabo San Lucas Paraiso Escondido from $79.13 per day14815.2 km / 9205.7 miles away
Car Rental at General Guadalupe Victoria International Airport from $63.22 per day14855.0 km / 9230.5 miles away
Car Rental at Zacatecas International Airport from $63.22 per day15032.4 km / 9340.7 miles away
When are car rental prices cheapest at Cancun Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Cancun Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Cancun Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|MEX RENT A CAR||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Volkswagen Vento||4||2||Medium cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Kia Rio||4||1||Small cars|
|Flexways||Hyundai Elantra||4||2||Large cars|
|Ace Rent a car||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Europcar||Renault Kwid||4||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Chevrolet Aveo Aut.||4||2||Medium cars|
|SIXT||Nissan Versa||4||2||Large cars|
|Europcar||Chevrolet Beat||5||1||Small cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Nissan Versa||4||2||Large cars|
Many rental companies do not include collision damage waivers (CDW) for customers from the United States and Canada. If your car insurance or credit card does not cover rental cars in Mexico, you will be required to purchase a CDW at the rental desk.
A CDW is almost always included for international customers. However, some companies (particularly MEX) do not include third-party liability insurance in the price and you will have to purchase it at the rental desk. Look at each offer carefully to make sure both a collision (or loss) damage waiver and thor-party liability insurance are included to avoid having to purchase them at the rental desk.
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.