Car Rental at Merida Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of the state of Yucatán, Merida is an interesting off-the-beaten-track destination. Notable for its colonial architecture and distinct Mayan culture, Merida can also serve as a base for exploring the rest of the Yucatán Peninsula with its beautiful beaches, tropical forests, and ancient sites. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Merida:
- Architecture. Merida is home to a large number of notable colonial buildings, making the architecture one of the highlights of the city. These include the San Ildefonso Cathedral (Merida Cathedral), which is the oldest church in Mexico, the 16th century Montejo Palace (Museo Casa Monotejo), and the much more recent, but equally eye-pleasing Governor’s Palace (Palacio de Gobierno). Many of the city’s architectural landmarks can be found in and around the Plaza Grande, the main square of Merida.
- Museums. Merida’s buildings are not only nice to look at, many of them also host interesting museums. These include the Gran Museo del Mundo Maya (Merida Mayan World Museum), Museo Fernando García Ponce Contemporary Art Museum (MUSAY), Palacio de la Música (Yucatán Music Museum) and Regional Anthropology Museum (Museo Palacio Canton). Some of the museums have bilingual exhibitions, and occasionally English guides are available — you should inquire about their availability at the entrance.
- Chichen Itza. Located only about a 90-minute drive southwest of Merida is Chichen Itza, one of the most famous Mayan sites in Mexico, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. The site’s highlights include the Pyramid of Kukulcan or El Castillo, the Interior Temple, and the Jaguar Temple. Magnificent sites like this one show how the Mayan culture survived in the area. You can explore it further in the small villages surrounding Chichen Itza, like Piste and Valladolid.
Top international routes
- Belize City
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $33 per day
- Large cars - from $18 per day
- Medium cars - from $17 per day
- Vans - from $105 per day
- Premium cars - from $31 per day
- Small cars - from $16 per day
- SUVs - from $31 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Cancun (320 km / 199 mi). The party capital of Mexico is known for its stunning beaches and crazy nightlife, and offers both in abundance. But with a rental car, you can do even more, like visiting the nearby tropical jungle or exploring the less-crowded coastal spots outside the city.
- Playa del Carmen (305 km / 189 mi). Also a beach destination, but with a more relaxed vibe, Playa del Carmen offers an idyllic holiday in the Caribbean. There are plenty of opportunities to dive, snorkel, or just enjoy the sun and sea.
- Campeche (169 km / 105 mi). Although not as popular as some other Mexican holiday destinations, the city of Campeche has plenty to offer. Travelers love its colorful and well-preserved city center — which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site — impressive botanical gardens, and the nearby ruins left by the Mayan civilization.
- Chetumal (400 km / 248 mi). Located right on the border with neighboring Belize, the city of Chetumal has its fair share of interesting attractions. These include the Museum of Mayan Culture, Fine Arts Cultural Center, diving opportunities in the nearby Caribbean reefs, and a number of well-preserved archaeological sites.
Merida Airport (MID)
- IATA: MID
- ICAO: MMMD
- Name: Merida Airport (MID)
- Distance from city: 3.1 miles / 5 km
Top 20 Locations near Merida Airport
Car Rental at Cozumel Airport from $26.59 per day288.0 km / 179.0 miles away
Car Rental at Playa del Carmen Airport from $39.91 per day288.1 km / 179.0 miles away
Car Rental at Cancun Airport from $16.11 per day289.8 km / 180.1 miles away
Car Rental at Cancun Walmart from $24.63 per day294.6 km / 183.1 miles away
Car Rental in Cancun (Downtown) from $16.11 per day295.2 km / 183.4 miles away
Car Rental at Cancun Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort from $69.00 per day298.2 km / 185.3 miles away
300.7 km / 186.8 miles away
Car Rental at Cancun Hotel Zone from $24.63 per day303.3 km / 188.5 miles away
Car Rental at Veracruz Airport from $29.20 per day709.8 km / 441.0 miles away
Car Rental at Bahias de Huatulco International Airport from $29.20 per day901.7 km / 560.3 miles away
Car Rental at Puebla International Airport from $20.26 per day930.8 km / 578.4 miles away
Car Rental at Puerto Escondido Airport from $17.11 per day964.4 km / 599.3 miles away
Car Rental at Felipe Angeles International Airport(NLU) from $32.66 per day983.1 km / 610.9 miles away
Car Rental at Mexico City International Airport from $24.47 per day995.9 km / 618.8 miles away
997.3 km / 619.7 miles away
Car Rental at Queretaro Airport from $22.57 per day1094.6 km / 680.2 miles away
Car Rental at Acapulco Airport from $29.20 per day1158.9 km / 720.1 miles away
Car Rental at San Luis Potosi International Airport from $29.20 per day1174.3 km / 729.7 miles away
Car Rental at Monterrey Airport from $15.94 per day1193.9 km / 741.9 miles away
Car Rental at Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport from $20.26 per day1292.3 km / 803.0 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Merida Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Merida Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Merida Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Economy rent a car, MEX RENT A CAR, NUCarrentals, America Car Rental, Avis|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Large cars, Medium cars, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$16 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Economy rent a car||VW Gol||4||2||Small cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Volkswagen Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||VW Gol||4||2||Medium cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Kia Forte||4||3||Large cars|
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Golf||4||2||Medium cars|
|NUCarrentals||Nissan March||4||1||Small cars|
|Economy rent a car||VW Gol||4||2||Medium cars|
|NUCarrentals||Chevrolet Spark||4||2||Small cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Kia Rio||4||1||Small cars|
|Economy rent a car||Chevrolet Spark||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.