Car Rental at Merida Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of the state of Yucatán, Merida is an interesting off-the-beaten-track destination. Notable for its colonial architecture and distinct culture, Merida can also serve as a base for exploring the rest of the Yucatán Peninsula with its beautiful beaches, tropical forests, and ancient sites. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Merida:
- Architecture. Merida is home to a large number of notable colonial buildings, making the architecture one of the highlights of the city. These include the San Ildefonso Cathedral which is the oldest in Mexico, the 16th century Montejo Palace, and the much more recent, but equally eye-pleasing Governor’s Palace. Many of the city’s architectural landmarks can be found in and around the Plaza Grande, the main square of Merida.
- Museums. Merida’s buildings are not only nice to look at, many of them also host interesting museums. These include the Contemporary Art Museum of Yucatán (or MUSAY), Merida City Gallery, Yucatán Music Museum, Regional Anthropology Museum, and Folk Art Museum. Some of the museums have bilingual exhibitions, and occasionally English guides are available — you should inquire about their availability at the entrance.
- Chichen Itza. Located only about a 90-minute drive southwest of Merida is Chichen Itza, one of the most famous Mayan sites in Mexico. The site’s highlights include the Pyramid of Kukulcan or El Castillo, the Interior Temple, and the Jaguar Temple. Although not building as magnificent sites as before, the Mayan culture survives in the area and can be explored in the surrounding villages.
Top international routes
- Belize City
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $36 per day
- Medium cars - from $34 per day
- Small cars - from $29 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Cancun (320 km / 199 mi). The party capital of Mexico is known for its stunning beaches and crazy nightlife, and offers both in abundance. But with a rental car, you can do even more like visiting the nearby tropical jungle or exploring the less-crowded coastal spots outside the city.
- Playa del Carmen (305 km / 189 mi). Also a beach destination, but with a more relaxed vibe, Playa del Carmen offers the idyllic holiday on the Caribbean. There are plenty of opportunities to dive, snorkel, or just enjoy the sun and sea.
- Campeche (169 km / 105 mi). Although not as popular as some other Mexican holiday destinations, the city of Campeche has plenty to offer. Travelers love its colorful and well-preserved city center, impressive botanical gardens, and the nearby ruins left by the Mayan civilization.
- Chetumal (400 km / 248 mi). Located right on the border with neighboring Belize, the city of Chetumal has its fair share of interesting attractions. These include the Museum of Mayan Culture, Fine Arts Cultural Center, diving opportunities in the nearby Caribbean reefs, and a number of well-preserved archaeological sites.
Merida Airport (MID)
- IATA: MID
- ICAO: MMMD
- Name: Merida Airport (MID)
- Passengers (per year): 2,148,484
- Distance from City: 3.1 miles / 5 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 20 Locations near Merida Airport
Car Rental at Playa del Carmen Sandos Playacar Beach Resort from $20.29 per day265.5 km / 165.0 miles away
Car Rental at Playa Del Carmen Tucan Hotel from $13.63 per day267.8 km / 166.4 miles away
Car Rental at Playa Del Carmen Ocean Riviera Paradise Hotel from $11.62 per day270.9 km / 168.3 miles away
Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya from $6.15 per day277.9 km / 172.7 miles away
Car Rental at Cozumel Airport from $15.86 per day284.5 km / 176.8 miles away
Car Rental at Playa del Carmen Airport from $17.65 per day284.5 km / 176.8 miles away
Car Rental at Cancun Airport from $13.63 per day285.4 km / 177.3 miles away
Car Rental at Cancun Hotel Zone from $17.65 per day298.7 km / 185.6 miles away
Car Rental at Chetumal Airport from $13.63 per day305.7 km / 190.0 miles away
Car Rental at Ciudad del Carmen Airport from $15.86 per day344.3 km / 213.9 miles away
Car Rental at Chiapa de Corzo Airport from $41.92 per day600.2 km / 372.9 miles away
Car Rental at Tuxtla Gutiérrez Airport from $14.04 per day606.8 km / 377.0 miles away
Car Rental at Veracruz Airport from $15.86 per day715.0 km / 444.3 miles away
Car Rental at Bahias de Huatulco International Airport from $15.86 per day907.5 km / 563.9 miles away
Car Rental at Puebla International Airport from $13.63 per day935.7 km / 581.4 miles away
Car Rental in Puerto Escondito Playa Zicatela from $23.98 per day968.6 km / 601.9 miles away
Car Rental at Puerto Escondido Airport from $15.86 per day970.2 km / 602.8 miles away
Car Rental at Mexico City International Airport from $13.63 per day1000.7 km / 621.8 miles away
Car Rental at Mexico - Santa Fe from $23.98 per day1022.0 km / 635.0 miles away
Car Rental in the Ventura Hotel & Suite from $29.63 per day1022.7 km / 635.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Merida Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Merida Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Merida Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|MEX RENT A CAR||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Volkswagen Vento||4||2||Medium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|MEX RENT A CAR||Kia Rio||4||1||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Volkswagen Vento||4||2||Medium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Hyundai Accent||4||1||Small cars|
|National||VW Gol||4||2||Medium cars|
|National||Dodge Attitude||4||3||Large cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.