Car Rental at Managua Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Nicaragua is quickly becoming one of Central America’s most popular travel destinations - and so is its capital city, Managua. The city suffered heavily in an earthquake in 1972, but a number of notable colonial buildings survived or have been restored. Managua is reimagining itself as a hub of culture and innovation. Better yet, the capital serves as a jumping-off point to explore the rest of Nicaragua’s beautiful nature. Renting a car in Managua to explore Nicaragua’s many stunning lakes, volcanoes, beaches, and lush jungles is a must! Below are some of the most notable attractions in Managua, and throughout Nicaragua. For more ideas of the best things to see and do in the country, see these Nicaragua itenerary.
- Old Cathedral of Managua. Also known as the Catedral de Santiago, this beautiful church dates back to the early 20th century. It was actually designed and built in Belgium, then shipped over to Nicaragua! Now in ruins after suffering through two earthquakes, this beautiful Neoclassical cathedral is closed and awaiting renovation. While in Managua, make sure to visit this cathedral and snap a photo of its lovely façade.
- Tiscapa Lagoon. A freshwater lagoon that has filled the crater of a now extinct volcano, Tiscapa is one of the most popular natural attractions in Greater Managua. The lagoon is part of the natural reserve of the same name and also has some landmarks related to Nicaragua’s turbulent political past. Tiscapa is northwest of the city center and the drive there takes about 15 minutes.
- Granada. The most beautiful colonial city in Nicaragua, Granada is definitely worth a visit. While there, make sure to stroll the old town, explore the little islands on Lake Cocibolca (Central America’s largest lake), browse the local market, hike up the Masaya Volcano, learn about chocolate-making, and visit nearby Laguna de Apoyo. The drive from Managua to Granada takes about 1 hour.
- León. The cultural capital of Nicaragua, León is one of the country’s most interesting destinations. Known for its impressive cathedral and other well-preserved architecture, the city also boasts such unique attractions as the Museum of the Revolution and the Museum of Myths and Legends. The city is surrounded by many volcanoes, including Cerro Negro. From the city, there are many tours that not only offer volcano climbing, but also volcano boarding. The drive from the capital to León takes about 2 hours.
Top international routes
- Miami, United States
- Houston, United States
- Panama City, Panama
- San Salvador, El Salvador
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Atlanta, United States
- Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Mexico City, Mexico
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $55 per day
- Medium cars - from $34 per day
- Small cars - from $30 per day
- SUVs - from $69 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Granada (50 km / 31 mi)
- San José (431 km / 268 mi)
- Rivas (112 km / 69 mi)
Managua Airport (MGA)
- IATA: MGA
- ICAO: MNMG
- Name: Managua Airport (MGA)
- Distance from city: 6.8 miles / 11 km
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Managua Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Managua Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Managua Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||SIXT, Avis, Ace Rent a car, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$30 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Ace Rent a car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|SIXT||Toyota Fortuner 4x4||5||2||SUVs|
|SIXT||Hyundai EON||4||Small cars|
|SIXT||Chevrolet Aveo||5||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Nissan Versa||4||1||Medium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Nissan Versa||4||2||Medium cars|
|Avis||Nissan Tiida||4||2||Medium cars|
|SIXT||Chevrolet Aveo Aut.||4||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Nissan Versa||4||1||Large cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.