Car Rental at Amman International Airport Queen Alia
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Both historic and modern, hectic and timeless, the capital of Jordan is one of the most interesting cities in the Middle East. Continuously inhabited for millennia, Amman has plenty of fascinating sites left by different cultures and empires.
Served by Queen Alia International Airport (AMM), Amman can serve as a base for exploring the northern part of Jordan and some of its most famous landmarks. With that in mind, these are three of the most interesting attractions in Amman:
- The Amman Citadel. Ruled by the Assyrians, Babylonians, Romans, and Ottomans — and located in an area that’s allegedly been inhabited for 7,000 years — the Amman Citadel is definitely the main symbol of the city. A large complex rather than a single structure, it is home to sites like the Temple of Hercules, Umayyad Palace, and nowadays also the Archaeological Museum of Jordan.
- Jordan Museum. Dedicated to all the aforementioned chapters of Jordanian history and more, this is arguably the most important museum in the country. There is a significant focus on archaeology, but the museum also explores social, cultural, and ethnographic aspects of the country’s history. Most of the exhibits are in both Arabic and English. Visit the official website to learn more about admission and its collections.
- Roman Theater. Over 2000 years old, the 6,000-seat ancient theater is one of the city’s most iconic landmarks, built into the foot of Jabal Al-Jofah. The theater has been restored and is often home to summer concerts and festivals.
Within an easy day trip distance of Amman, you could also visit these popular attractions in the north of Jordan:
- Madaba. Located less than an hour’s drive southwest of the capital, Madaba is one of Jordan’s most interesting attractions. The little town punches way above its weight with attractions like the Greek Orthodox St. George Church (which remains active to this day), Madaba Archaeological Park, and the haunting dolmens of Al Fayha. If time permits, after seeing Madaba you can continue to nearby Umm-ar-Rasas (a world heritage site of different civilizations which is about a 40-minute drive to the south) or the stunning Mujib Canyon and Reserve near the Dead Sea (about an hour’s drive to the south).
- The Dead Sea. The world’s second-most salty body of water and the lowest point on earth holds a deep fascination for all those who visit. Just a 45-minute journey by road southwest of Amman (60 km/37 miles), you can access the water via the public beaches or one of the luxury resorts that line the shores for the thrilling experience of floating on water.
- Jerash. One of the best preserved Decapolis cities in the Middle East, the ancient city of Gerasa was all but buried for over 1,000 years beneath what is now modern-day Jerash. 45 km (28 miles) north of Amman, this is a fascinating trip back in time through colonnaded streets, grand theaters, public plazas, baths and fountains from the Graeco-Roman world.
Top international routes
- Kiev Boryspil Airport
Additionally, more than 40 airlines service the airport, including flydubai, Iraqi Airways, Pegasus Airlines, and Ryanair.
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Madaba (38 km / 23 mi). Located just a short ride south of the capital, Madaba is one of the most popular day-trip destinations for the visitors of Amman. Inhabited since antiquity and ruled by many civilizations at different periods of time, Madaba is home to impressive Neolithic sites, ruins of places inhabited at the Biblical times, and Paleochristian churches.
- Aqaba (333 km / 207 mi). Located just over a four hour ride south of Amman, Aqaba is a famous Red Sea resort. Best known for its beaches, diving opportunities, and Marine Science Center Aquarium, Aqaba is also a historic place and boasts an impressive castle, a church built by the Romans, and the Aqaba Heritage Museum.
Amman Queen Alia Airport (AMM)
- IATA: AMM
- ICAO: OJAI
- Name: Amman Queen Alia Airport (AMM)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 74,044
- Passengers (per year): 7,914,703
- Distance from city: 17.4 miles / 28 km S of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 6 Locations near Amman International Airport Queen Alia
Car Rental at Amman Park Plaza from $33.06 per day4.4 km / 2.7 miles away
Car Rental at Amman Rotana Hotel from $25.43 per day4.9 km / 3.0 miles away
Car Rental at Amman Abdali Boulevard from $33.06 per day5.1 km / 3.2 miles away
Car Rental at Amman Hotel Intercontinental from $25.43 per day6.5 km / 4.0 miles away
Car Rental at King Hussein Bridge from $31.14 per day33.8 km / 21.0 miles away
Car Rental at Aqaba Airport from $21.82 per day277.5 km / 172.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Amman International Airport Queen Alia?
What’s the most frequent rental length at Amman International Airport Queen Alia?
Which is the busiest month for car rental at Amman International Airport Queen Alia?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Arena Rent A Car, Auto Nation, Dollar, Direct Rent A Car, Thrifty|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$22 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Arena Rent A Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Dollar||Citroën C3||4||2||Small cars|
|Arena Rent A Car||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Auto Nation||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Arena Rent A Car||Renault Logan||4||2||Medium cars|
|Arena Rent A Car||Dacia Sandero Stepway||5||2||SUVs|
|Arena Rent A Car||Chevrolet Spark||5||1||Small cars|
|Auto Nation||Renault Logan||4||2||Medium cars|
|Auto Nation||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Dollar||Renault Logan||4||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.