Car Rental in Toulouse
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Toulouse?
Toulouse is the main city of southwestern France and also one of the country’s most interesting urban destinations. In addition to a well-preserved center and plenty of history, the city has seen a lot of fascinating redevelopment and is a hub of contemporary culture. Toulouse can also serve as a base from which to explore the rest of the historic Occitanie region and provides access to the French Pyrenees.
One-Way Car Rentals in Toulouse
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Toulouse and drop off in another city include:
- From Toulouse to Marseille - 128 offers from $29.41 per day
- From Toulouse to Nice - 94 offers from $29.41 per day
- From Toulouse to Bordeaux - 158 offers from $26.26 per day
- From Toulouse to Biarritz - 87 offers from $29.41 per day
- From Toulouse to Montpellier - 88 offers from $30.62 per day
Top ways to enter Toulouse
- Toulouse Blagnac Airport. Located about 7 km (4.2 mi) west of Toulouse city center, this airport serves flights to and from many destinations in Europe and North Africa.
- Carcassonne Airport. Located about an hour’s drive southwest of Toulouse, this small airport serves flights to and from Belgium, United Kingdom, Portugal, and the Republic of Ireland. Other international airports 200 km (125 mi) or less from Toulouse include Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées Airport, Beziers Airport, Perpignan Airport, Pau Pyrénées Airport, Bergerac Airport, and Brive Airport.
- By public transportation: If you’re arriving in Toulouse by train, you can conveniently pick up a rental car at the Toulouse Railway Station.
- With the urban population of almost 1,000,000, Toulouse is the largest city and the capital of the Occitanie Region.
- Like other southern French cities, Toulouse experiences mild winters and very hot summers, but the precipitation is somewhat higher than on the Mediterranean Coast.
Top destinations and activities
- Basilique Saint-Sernin. This church, first built in 11th Century, is perhaps the largest building in the world built in the Romanesque style. Historically a stopover on important pilgrimage routes, it is noted for its bell-tower and the impressive sound of the church organ.
- Saint Raymond Museum. From prehistoric and Iron Age artefacts to relics of Etruscans, Romans, and Visigoths, the collections of this museum tell the surprisingly diverse story of Toulouse’s history.
- Capitole de Toulouse. Located next to the main Toulouse square, this famous building is home to the City Hall with its awe-inspiring Salle des Illustres hall, as well as the city’s largest theater.
- Cité de l'Espace. With Toulouse being the center of French aviation and space research, it is only natural that one of the city’s main tourist attractions is related to these industries. Located a short drive southeast of the city center, Space City has a number of interactive exhibitions and real spacecraft for visitors to explore. If you like visiting it, you might also consider taking an Airbus tour and seeing the Aeroscopia Museum.
Traffic and parking
- The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h. Unlike with inter-city roads, the urban speed limit is unaffected by weather.
- Outside cities, as of July 2018 the speed limit depends on the type of the road. Highways are limited to 130 km/h, 4-lane expressways to 110 km/h, and 2- or 3- lane roads to 90 km/h. During the rain the limits are respectively lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- As of 2018, hands-free mobile phone use is banned in France and the fines are hefty.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
Most of the main highways in France (autoroute in French) are toll roads. Their names start with letter A and you can recognize them by a red number sign. The fare for taking a toll road depends on the specific route, the distance length, as well as the type of your vehicle - trailer cars and caravans have to pay more than regular cars. You can pay by a credit card or by cash. You’ll be given a ticket that you have to keep while on the toll road.
Some rental cars are equipped with toll road transporters and can use the automatic toll road payment booths (Télépéage). Ask your rental car provider to find out if they offer cars with toll road transporters.
See the official French toll road website for more information. Use the website's toll road calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Les Abattoirs. A testament to the imaginative capacities of native Toulousaine, the huge former abattoir has been turned into an art space and is now home to one of the most interesting contemporary art museums in France. Visit the museum’s official website to find out more about opening hours and admission.
- Carcassonne. This fortified city is one of the most notable medieval destinations in the whole of France and the largest walled city in Europe. In addition to honoring its belligerent heritage, Carcassonne is also one of the gastronomic hubs of this part of the country. The drive from Toulouse takes an hour and 10 minutes.
- National parks. There are quite a few beautiful protected areas near Toulouse. These include Pyrenees National Park which has some of the highest peaks of the famous mountain range, Haut Languedoc Regional Park with its peaceful landscapes and bucolic villages, and Pyrenees Ariegeoises Regional Park which is known for its swift rivers and variety of flora and fauna. All of these are within a two-hour drive from Toulouse.
Most popular cars
The most often picked rental cars in France are the Renault Twingo, the Volkswagen Polo and the Ford Fiesta. The most popular rental car types are economy, compact and mini.
- Perpignan and the Mediterranean Coast. Less visited than Provence but just as interesting, the eastern portion of France’s Mediterranean Coast is a relaxing destination of fishing villages and beaches that you can explore for days.
- Basque Country. The historical region of Basque country, both on the French side of the border as well as Spain, is a fascinating destination not only because of its proud yet hospitable population, but also in terms of culture, architecture, and cuisine.
- Catalonia. Sharing close ties with Toulouse and the rest of Occitanie, this region of Spain offers everything from beautiful countryside and great wine culture to stunning Barcelona.
Car Rental Prices in Toulouse
- Station wagons - from $184 per day
- Large cars - from $152 per day
- Medium cars - from $126 per day
- Vans - from $338 per day
- Premium cars - from $253 per day
- Small cars - from $88 per day
- SUVs - from $221 per day
There are many things you can do to get a good car rental deal in Toulouse:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Toulouse is the cheapest in October when renting a car is about 60% cheaper than the yearly average and 67% cheaper than renting a car in July.
Top 19 Cities near Toulouse
Paris Car Rentals from $43.54 per day586.8 km / 364.6 miles away
Marseille Car Rentals from $52.83 per day313.4 km / 194.7 miles away
Lyon Car Rentals from $76.84 per day364.2 km / 226.3 miles away
Nice Car Rentals from $37.18 per day473.1 km / 294.0 miles away
Lille Car Rentals from $56.32 per day792.4 km / 492.4 miles away
Nantes Car Rentals from $55.94 per day456.3 km / 283.5 miles away
Bordeaux Car Rentals from $41.42 per day212.0 km / 131.7 miles away
Beauvais Car Rentals from $76.47 per day652.5 km / 405.4 miles away
Montpellier Car Rentals from $66.55 per day205.0 km / 127.4 miles away
Strasbourg Car Rentals from $34.54 per day732.4 km / 455.1 miles away
288.3 km / 179.2 miles away
Figari Car Rentals from $84.11 per day677.3 km / 420.8 miles away
Grenoble Car Rentals from $40.92 per day389.7 km / 242.2 miles away
Cannes Car Rentals from $68.52 per day452.6 km / 281.2 miles away
Biarritz Car Rentals from $60.05 per day231.6 km / 143.9 miles away
Perpignan Car Rentals from $61.92 per day157.6 km / 97.9 miles away
Limoges Car Rentals from $86.00 per day250.5 km / 155.6 miles away
Aix-en-Provence Car Rentals from $66.55 per day321.5 km / 199.7 miles away
Caen Car Rentals from $29.75 per day632.1 km / 392.8 miles away
Top 15 Locations near Toulouse
Toulouse-Blagnac Airport Car Rentals from $37.92 per day3.7 km / 2.3 miles away
Toulouse Barriere de Paris Car Rentals from $69.99 per day8.2 km / 5.1 miles away
Toulouse North Car Rentals from $69.99 per day9.0 km / 5.6 miles away
Toulouse South Car Rentals from $128.46 per day9.5 km / 5.9 miles away
Carcassonne Airport Car Rentals from $76.54 per day90.1 km / 56.0 miles away
Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrenees Airport Car Rentals from $60.05 per day118.0 km / 73.3 miles away
Figeac Railway Station Car Rentals from $92.14 per day123.8 km / 76.9 miles away
Bergerac Airport Car Rentals from $73.02 per day149.7 km / 93.0 miles away
Perpignan Airport Car Rentals from $61.92 per day157.6 km / 97.9 miles away
Perpignan Train Station Car Rentals from $61.92 per day161.4 km / 100.3 miles away
Beziers Airport Car Rentals from $57.74 per day166.0 km / 103.1 miles away
Aurillac Airport Car Rentals from $105.21 per day166.6 km / 103.5 miles away
Aurillac Railway Station Car Rentals from $105.21 per day170.0 km / 105.6 miles away
Brive Airport Car Rentals from $38.40 per day171.4 km / 106.5 miles away
Brive Train Station Car Rentals from $60.05 per day172.1 km / 106.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Toulouse?
What’s the usual rental length in Toulouse?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Toulouse?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Goldcar||Peugeot 108||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Peugeot 208||5||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Fiat 500X||4||2||Medium cars|
|Avis||Peugeot 208||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Peugeot 308||4||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.