Car Rental at Marseille Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Restless, enterprising, and sometimes characterized as hectic, Marseille tends to be overlooked by international travelers who instead flock to its smaller, more serene neighbors, but this great southern city has plenty to enjoy if you give it a chance. A true melting pot, it is home to manifestations of different cultures, but also doesn’t lack in architecture and sophistication. For some, Marseille can also serve as a base for exploring the surrounding part of France. With that in mind, these are three of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Notre-Dame de la Garde. Marseille’s own Notre Dame might not be the oldest church in the city — it dates back to the mid-19th century — but is arguably the most impressive one. Spectacularly sitting on top of the highest spot in Marseille, the basilica is a great example of Byzantine Revival architecture and is characterized by its many statues, fine interior, and views of the city and the sea below.
- Longchamp Palace. Visiting Palais Longchamp in the 4th district of Marseille ticks off several boxes at once. Not only is this one of the most impressive buildings in the city, it is surrounded by a large park of the same name, and also provides a home to two of the city’s finest museums — the Museum of Fine Arts, arguably one of the best of its kind in all of France, and the Natural History Museum which is notable for an exhibition which focuses on accidental wildlife imports that have reached Port of Marseille over the centuries.
- Calanques National Park. This fantastic national park covers the coastline just south of Marseille. Enjoy soaking up the sun on the rocky beaches and beautiful hikes along the coastline with jaw-dropping views.
- Avignon. There are many lovely beach and resort towns near Marseille — Toulon and Martigues come to mind — but arguably the most interesting day trip destination is located about an hour’s drive inland. Home of the Avignon Papacy which aimed to upend the dominance of the Vatican City, Avignon is home to the iconic Palace of the Popes (one of the largest Gothic buildings in the world), as well as landmarks like the Avignon Cathedral and the remains of the Avignon Bridge. It is an excellent addition to your itinerary if you are spending a weekend in Marseille.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $65 per day
- Station wagons - from $44 per day
- Large cars - from $37 per day
- Medium cars - from $28 per day
- Vans - from $66 per day
- Premium cars - from $54 per day
- Small cars - from $18 per day
- SUVs - from $31 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- IATA: MRS
- ICAO: LFML
- Name: Marseille Provence Airport (MRS)
- Distance from city: 16.8 miles / 27 km
Top 20 Locations near Marseille Airport
Car Rental at Aix-en-Provence Train Station from $26.35 per day8.5 km / 5.3 miles away
Car Rental at Marseille-Saint-Charles Train Station from $25.54 per day20.0 km / 12.4 miles away
Car Rental at Avignon Train Station from $24.83 per day64.0 km / 39.8 miles away
Car Rental at Nimes Airport from $34.19 per day73.5 km / 45.7 miles away
Car Rental at Toulon-Hyères Airport from $36.96 per day84.3 km / 52.4 miles away
Car Rental at Montpellier-Méditerranée Airport from $23.93 per day102.4 km / 63.6 miles away
Car Rental in Montpellier Sud de France from $34.19 per day105.5 km / 65.6 miles away
Car Rental at Cannes - Mandelieu Airport from $27.68 per day140.7 km / 87.4 miles away
Car Rental at Beziers Airport from $44.37 per day151.0 km / 93.8 miles away
Car Rental at Nice Airport from $12.78 per day163.2 km / 101.4 miles away
Car Rental at Grenoble Train Station from $36.99 per day199.1 km / 123.7 miles away
Car Rental at Perpignan Airport from $31.08 per day205.6 km / 127.8 miles away
214.4 km / 133.2 miles away
Car Rental at Carcassonne Airport from $21.23 per day236.4 km / 146.9 miles away
Car Rental at Moûtiers-Salins-Brides-les-Bains Train Station from $38.46 per day250.7 km / 155.8 miles away
Car Rental at Lyon St Exupéry Airport from $16.03 per day254.7 km / 158.3 miles away
Car Rental at Annecy Train Station from $39.50 per day283.3 km / 176.0 miles away
Car Rental at Chamonix Downtown from $63.03 per day305.9 km / 190.1 miles away
Car Rental at Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport from $38.46 per day307.6 km / 191.1 miles away
Car Rental at Toulouse Blagnac Airport from $27.63 per day310.9 km / 193.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Marseille Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Marseille Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Marseille Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Goldcar, Keddy, Alamo, Europcar, Enterprise|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$18 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Goldcar||Peugeot 108||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Peugeot 208||5||2||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Tipo||5||2||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Fiat 500X||4||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Opel Mokka X||4||2||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.