Car Rental at Zagreb Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Sometimes overlooked in favor of the country’s long Adriatic coast, the capital of Croatia is a fascinating place to visit if you give it a chance. More Central European than Mediterranean in look and character, it has an impressive concentration of historical landmarks but also doesn’t lack more contemporary attractions. After seeing Zagreb itself, you can use the city as a hub for exploring the rest of the country’s northwest. With that in mind, these are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Zagreb:
- Upper Town. Divided further into two sections, Gradec and Kaptol, Gornji Grad or the Upper Town is the medieval core of Zagreb. Unsurprisingly, then, this part of the city is where you’ll find many of its landmarks such as the 13th century Zagreb Cathedral, the Old Town Gate, Klovičevi Dvori Gallery, and even the Sabor or the Parliament of Croatia.
Cathedral of Zagreb. The Cathedral of Zagreb is a magnificent masterpiece of Gothic architecture and is one of the most iconic landmarks in Croatia. With its soaring spires and intricate architectural details, this historic cathedral has symbolized the city for centuries and is a must-see for religious and architectural enthusiasts.
Museum of Broken Relationships. Dedicated to the stories of failed relationships from around the world, the Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb is a uniquely poignant and emotionally charged museum. Its collection features a diverse array of personal artifacts and memorabilia, each accompanied by heartfelt narratives. Visitors are treated to a powerful and thought-provoking exploration of love, loss and human connection.
St. Mark's Church. The St. Mark's Church in Zagreb is a historical and architecturally significant landmark, known for its colorful tiled roof, which features the coats of arms of Zagreb and Croatia. Located in the heart of the Old Town, this 13th-century church is not only a beautiful example of Gothic and Romanesque architecture but also a symbol of Zagreb's rich cultural and historical heritage.
- Rijeka. Located on the picturesque Kvarner Bay, Rijeka (or Fiume, as the city is known in Italian) is Croatia’s third-largest city and one of its most interesting destinations. A large port city, it is known for its commercial prowess, scenic architecture, and creative spirit. The drive from Zagreb takes about two hours. Rijeka is also known as a jump-off point for the region's idyllic islands like Krk (which is connected to the mainland by a bridge) and Cres (which can be accessed by ferry from either mainland or Krk — most ferry companies let you take a car with you, but ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it).
Top international routes
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Vienna, Austria
- Munich, Germany
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Brussels, Belgium
- Paris, France
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Dubrovnik (609 km / 378 mi). Located on the Adriatic Coast near the borders with Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro, Dubrovnik is one of the most picturesque cities in Croatia. Internationally well-known as one of the filming locations of the Game of Thrones, the city attracts visitors with its beautiful old town, impressive city walls, and well-preserved churches.
- Split (418 km / 259 mi). Croatia’s second city and the capital of the historic Dalmatia region, Split is famous for its long, beautiful beaches and fun nightlife. But there’s even more about this city, from history that’s dating back for millenia to its proximity to Croatia’s most beautiful islands.
- Podgorica (723 km / 449 mi). The capital city of Montenegro is one of the sunniest cities in Europe. Although it is not that famous as a travel destination, the city has its fair share of delights like the Old Turkish baths and beautiful Serbian Orthodox churches. Podgorica’s number one attraction, however, is its proximity to Montenegro’s stunning beaches and nature areas. It’s important to keep in mind that if you plan to travel from Zagreb to Podgorica, Sarajevo, Budapest, or Belgrade, you’ll be crossing an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it. Also, make sure you don’t need a visa to enter (Croatia and Hungary are both part of the EU and Schengen Area, but every other country in the region has its own unique visa policy).
- Sarajevo (396 km / 246 mi). The capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo’s reputation suffered during the wars of the 1990s that followed the break-up uf Yugoslavia. Although the city still bears some scars of this gruesome experience, it is nowadays a perfectly safe place to visit, and has recently reinvented itself as a place of culture. After seeing Sarajevo, drive to see the rest of Bosnia and Herzegovina, its impressive natural parks, and well-preserved wooden mosques.
- Budapest (339 km / 210 mi). Although Hungary is not usually associated with the Balkan region, its capital, Budapest, is just a few hours’ drive north of Zagreb. Considered by many to be one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, it is home to many impressive castles, the Margaret Island in the middle of the Danube, and cozy restaurants serving traditionally spicy Hungarian food.
- Belgrade (387 km / 240 mi). Still undiscovered by tourist masses, Serbia remains a fascinating off-the-beaten-path destination in the heart of Southeast Europe. Its impressive capital, Belgrade, attracts visitors with the impressive Belgrade Fortress, Temple of Saint Sava, and many museums and galleries.
Zagreb Airport (ZAG)
- IATA: ZAG
- ICAO: LDZA
- Name: Zagreb Airport (ZAG)
- Distance from city: 9.3 miles / 15 km
Top 20 Locations near Zagreb Airport
Car Rental at Zagreb Hoyel Slisko from $5.96 per day8.7 km / 5.4 miles away
Car Rental at Zagreb Train Station from $46.76 per day9.8 km / 6.1 miles away
10.0 km / 6.2 miles away
Car Rental in Zagreb with delivery within city limits from $65.46 per day10.3 km / 6.4 miles away
10.7 km / 6.6 miles away
Car Rental at Panorama Zagreb Hotel from $18.58 per day11.4 km / 7.1 miles away
Car Rental at Rijeka Airport from $12.98 per day130.7 km / 81.2 miles away
Car Rental at Zadar Airport from $5.96 per day190.4 km / 118.3 miles away
Car Rental at Pula Airport from $5.96 per day192.6 km / 119.7 miles away
Car Rental at the Port of Zadar from $87.88 per day192.6 km / 119.7 miles away
Car Rental in Zadar (Downtown) from $12.16 per day192.8 km / 119.8 miles away
199.1 km / 123.7 miles away
Car Rental at Osijek Airport from $6.73 per day215.5 km / 133.9 miles away
Car Rental at Split Airport from $5.46 per day245.7 km / 152.7 miles away
Car Rental in Split (Downtown) from $7.70 per day250.6 km / 155.7 miles away
Car Rental at Split Port from $46.76 per day250.6 km / 155.7 miles away
Car Rental at Dubrovnik Aci Marina from $33.60 per day378.9 km / 235.4 miles away
Car Rental in Dubrovnik (Downtown) from $6.73 per day379.8 km / 236.0 miles away
Car Rental at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel from $47.20 per day381.0 km / 236.7 miles away
Car Rental at Dubrovnik Airport from $5.96 per day394.9 km / 245.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Zagreb Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Zagreb Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Zagreb Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Avia Rent A Car, Ok Mobility, Garage Nr1, GreenMotion, Keddy|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$6 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Avia Rent A Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Avia Rent A Car||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Avia Rent A Car||Skoda Fabia||5||1||Small cars|
|Avia Rent A Car||Volkswagen Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Avia Rent A Car||Volkswagen T-Cross||5||2||SUVs|
|Ok Mobility||Peugeot 208||5||2||Small cars|
|Garage Nr1||Hyundai i20||5||2||Small cars|
|Avia Rent A Car||Volkswagen Up||5||2||Small cars|
|Garage Nr1||Opel Crossland X||5||2||SUVs|
|Avia Rent A Car||Peugeot 2008||5||2||SUVs|
|Ok Mobility||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.