Car Rental at Zagreb Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Sometimes overlooked in favor of the country’s long Adriatic coast, the capital of Croatia is a fascinating place to visit if you give it a chance. More Central European than Mediterranean in look and character, it has an impressive concentration of historical landmarks but also doesn’t lack more contemporary attractions. After seeing Zagreb itself, you can use the city as a hub for exploring the rest of the country’s northwest. With that in mind, these are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Zagreb:
- Upper Town. Divided further into two sections, Gradec and Kaptol, Gornji Grad or the Upper Town is the medieval core of Zagreb. Unsurprisingly, then, this part of the city is where you’ll find many of its landmarks such as the 13th century Zagreb Cathedral, the Old Town Gate, Klovičevi Dvori Gallery, and even the Sabor or the Parliament of Croatia.
- Art Pavilion. Dating back to 1898 and located in a beautiful, distinctly yellow historical building, the Art Pavilion is one of the most interesting places in Zagreb. In addition to works by all the most notable Croatian artists, pieces by world-famous creators such as Andy Warhol, Joan Miro, and Auguste Rodin are also on display. Many contemporary art shows and exhibitions also take place here. Visit the museum’s website to learn more.
- Rijeka. Located on the picturesque Kvarner Bay, Rijeka (or Fiume, as the city is known in Italian) is Croatia’s third-largest city and one of its most interesting destinations. A large port city, it is known for its commercial prowess, scenic architecture, and creative spirit. The drive from Zagreb takes about two hours. Rijeka is also known as a jump-off point for the region's idyllic islands like Krk (which is connected to the mainland by a bridge) and Cres (which can be accessed by ferry from either mainland or Krk — most ferry companies let you take a car with you, but ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it).
Top international routes
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Vienna, Austria
- Munich, Germany
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Brussels, Belgium
- Paris, France
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $36 per day
- Large cars - from $53 per day
- Medium cars - from $23 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $78 per day
- Premium cars - from $109 per day
- Small cars - from $15 per day
- SUVs - from $46 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Dubrovnik (609 km / 378 mi). Located on the Adriatic Coast near the borders with Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro, Dubrovnik is one of the most picturesque cities in Croatia. Internationally well-known as one of the filming locations of the Game of Thrones, the city attracts visitors with its beautiful old town, impressive city walls, and well-preserved churches.
- Split (418 km / 259 mi). Croatia’s second city and the capital of the historic Dalmatia region, Split is famous for its long, beautiful beaches and fun nightlife. But there’s even more about this city, from history that’s dating back for millenia to its proximity to Croatia’s most beautiful islands.
- Podgorica (723 km / 449 mi). The capital city of Montenegro is one of the sunniest cities in Europe. Although it is not that famous as a travel destination, the city has its fair share of delights like the Old Turkish baths and beautiful Serbian Orthodox churches. Podgorica’s number one attraction, however, is its proximity to Montenegro’s stunning beaches and nature areas. It’s important to keep in mind that if you plan to travel from Zagreb to Podgorica, Sarajevo, Budapest, or Belgrade, you’ll be crossing an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it. Also, make sure you don’t need a visa to enter (Croatia and Hungary are both part of the EU and Schengen Area, but every other country in the region has its own unique visa policy).
- Sarajevo (396 km / 246 mi). The capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo’s reputation suffered during the wars of the 1990s that followed the break-up uf Yugoslavia. Although the city still bears some scars of this gruesome experience, it is nowadays a perfectly safe place to visit, and has recently reinvented itself as a place of culture. After seeing Sarajevo, drive to see the rest of Bosnia and Herzegovina, its impressive natural parks, and well-preserved wooden mosques.
- Budapest (339 km / 210 mi). Although Hungary is not usually associated with the Balkan region, its capital, Budapest, is just a few hours’ drive north of Zagreb. Considered by many to be one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, it is home to many impressive castles, the Margaret Island in the middle of the Danube, and cozy restaurants serving traditionally spicy Hungarian food.
- Belgrade (387 km / 240 mi). Still undiscovered by tourist masses, Serbia remains a fascinating off-the-beaten-path destination in the heart of Southeast Europe. Its impressive capital, Belgrade, attracts visitors with the impressive Belgrade Fortress, Temple of Saint Sava, and many museums and galleries.
Zagreb Airport (ZAG)
- IATA: ZAG
- ICAO: LDZA
- Name: Zagreb Airport (ZAG)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 41,585
- Passengers (per year): 3,092,047
- Distance from City: 9.3 miles / 15 km SE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +385 1 456 22 22
Top 18 Locations near Zagreb Airport
Car Rental at Zagreb Hoyel Slisko from $21.72 per day
Car Rental at Zagreb Train Station from $22.52 per day1.5 km / 0.9 miles away
Car Rental in Zagreb Esplanade Hotel from $12.55 per day1.7 km / 1.1 miles away
Car Rental in Zagreb with delivery within city limits from $22.52 per day1.8 km / 1.1 miles away
Car Rental at Zagreb, Westin Hotel from $13.01 per day2.5 km / 1.5 miles away
Car Rental at Panorama Zagreb Hotel from $16.59 per day3.5 km / 2.2 miles away
Car Rental at Rijeka Airport from $7.38 per day128.9 km / 80.1 miles away
Car Rental in Rijeka with delivery within city limits from $22.52 per day132.9 km / 82.6 miles away
Car Rental at Pula Airport from $6.56 per day191.2 km / 118.8 miles away
Car Rental in Zadar with delivery within city limits from $22.52 per day194.5 km / 120.8 miles away
Car Rental at Zadar Airport from $6.56 per day195.3 km / 121.4 miles away
Car Rental at the Port of Zadar from $6.56 per day197.1 km / 122.5 miles away
Car Rental in Porec with delivery within city limits from $22.52 per day197.2 km / 122.5 miles away
Car Rental in Pula with delivery within city limits from $22.52 per day197.6 km / 122.8 miles away
Car Rental at Osijek Airport from $16.59 per day221.9 km / 137.9 miles away
Car Rental at Split Airport from $3.62 per day252.9 km / 157.1 miles away
Car Rental in Split with delivery within city limits from $22.52 per day257.1 km / 159.7 miles away
Car Rental at Split Port from $22.52 per day258.0 km / 160.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Zagreb Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Zagreb Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Zagreb Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AddCar||Suzuki Swift||5||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||VW Up||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Chevrolet Spark||5||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|Flizzr||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Corsa||3||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||Opel Karl 3d||3||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
Taking a ferry is usually possible, but you must tell the rental company in advance. You will also always be charged an additional fee for this and be liable for any damage that happens to the car onboard the ferry
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.