Car Rental at Zagreb Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Get your rental car right at Zagreb Airport! Go on to explore Zagreb, a city with stunning cathedrals and churches, fascinating museums, and history around every corner. The older areas of Gornji Grad and Donji Grad are full of landmarks and impressive architecture, and both are easy destinations by rental car.
History and fun go hand in hand here! Head to Strossmayer šetalište, the city’s artistic hub—full of painters, street musicians, and other performance artists. If it’s Sunday, drive your rental to Hrelič flea market at the outskirts of the city for a truly one-of-a-kind experience. On your way back, stop at a Croatian restaurant to sample some delicious ćevapčići and local wines.
Zagreb is fascinating, but Croatia has a lot more to offer. The coastal towns of Split, Dubrovnik, and Pula, each with its own unique flavor, are all a couple of hours away. If you’re up for a real road trip, the wild nature of Montenegro, beauty of Venice, and grandeur of Budapest are all reachable within a day. You can even pick up your rental car at Zagreb Airport and drop it off in a different city. Start your adventure now!
Zagreb Airport also known as Franjo Tuđman Airport.
Top international routes
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Vienna, Austria
- Munich, Germany
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Brussels, Belgium
- Paris, France
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $42 per day
- Large cars - from $51 per day
- Medium cars - from $33 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $79 per day
- Premium cars - from $110 per day
- Small cars - from $23 per day
- SUVs - from $50 per day
Top car rental companies
- Interrent (Tel: +385997503558)
- Carwiz (Tel: +38515626599)
- Pulse Rent-a-Car (Tel: +385916363335)
- Oryx (Tel: +38516260800)
- Keddy (Tel: +38598231089)
- Alamo (Tel: +385993824785)
- RightCars (Tel: +38513885809)
- Hertz (Tel: +38514562635)
- Enterprise (Tel: +385996094068)
- SIXT (Tel: +38516219900)
- Avia Rent A Car (Tel: +385993484020 / +385956582135)
- Europcar (Tel: +38598231089)
- Avis (Tel: +385914854680)
- Budget (Tel: +385914854680)
- Autounion (Tel: +385995936452)
- Mack (Tel: +38598485900)
- Surprice (Tel: +385954442442)
- GreenMotion (Tel: +385951177666 / +385951177222)
- Global Rent a Car (Tel: +38521444222)
- AVAX (Tel: +385993598127)
- Goldcar (Tel: +385997503558)
- NUCarrentals (Tel: +385994736188 / +385992659096)
- Ace Rent a car (Tel: +385997503558 / +3853172487251)
- Goldcar (Tel: +385997503558 / +34965233425)
- AddCar (Tel: +385956600220)
- Rhodium (Tel: +385997503558)
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Dubrovnik (609 km / 378 mi). Located on the Adriatic Coast near the borders with Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro, Dubrovnik is one of the most picturesque cities in Croatia. Internationally well-known as one of the filming locations of the Game of Thrones, the city attracts visitors with its beautiful old town, impressive city walls, and well-preserved churches.
- Split (418 km / 259 mi). Croatia’s second city and the capital of the historic Dalmatia region, Split is famous for its long, beautiful beaches and fun nightlife. But there’s even more about this city, from history that’s dating back for millenia to its proximity to Croatia’s most beautiful islands.
- Podgorica (723 km / 449 mi). The capital city of Montenegro is one of the sunniest cities in Europe. Although it is not that famous as a travel destination, the city has its fair share of delights like the Old Turkish baths and beautiful Serbian Orthodox churches. Podgorica’s number one attraction, however, is its proximity to Montenegro’s stunning beaches and nature areas. It’s important to keep in mind that if you plan to travel from Zagreb to Podgorica, Sarajevo, Budapest, or Belgrade, you’ll be crossing an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it. Also, make sure you don’t need a visa to enter (Croatia and Hungary are both part of the EU and Schengen Area, but every other country in the region has its own unique visa policy).
- Sarajevo (396 km / 246 mi). The capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo’s reputation suffered during the wars of the 1990s that followed the break-up uf Yugoslavia. Although the city still bears some scars of this gruesome experience, it is nowadays a perfectly safe place to visit, and has recently reinvented itself as a place of culture. After seeing Sarajevo, drive to see the rest of Bosnia and Herzegovina, its impressive natural parks, and well-preserved wooden mosques.
- Budapest (339 km / 210 mi). Although Hungary is not usually associated with the Balkan region, its capital, Budapest, is just a few hours’ drive north of Zagreb. Considered by many to be one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, it is home to many impressive castles, the Margaret Island in the middle of the Danube, and cozy restaurants serving traditionally spicy Hungarian food.
- Belgrade (387 km / 240 mi). Still undiscovered by tourist masses, Serbia remains a fascinating off-the-beaten-path destination in the heart of Southeast Europe. Its impressive capital, Belgrade, attracts visitors with the impressive Belgrade Fortress, Temple of Saint Sava, and many museums and galleries.
Zagreb Airport (ZAG)
- IATA: ZAG
- ICAO: LDZA
- Name: Zagreb Airport (ZAG)
- Type: Public / Joint Civil / Military
- Size: Large Airport
- Elevation AMSL: 108 m / 353 ft
- Runway Surface: Asphalt / Concrete
- Aircraft movements (per year): 41,585
- Passengers (per year): 3,092,047
- Distance from City: 9.3 miles / 15 km SE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +385 1 456 22 22
Top 20 Locations near Zagreb Airport
Car Rental Zagreb Esplanade Hotel from $17.38 per day
Car Rental at Zagreb Train Station from $22.68 per day0.2 km / 0.1 miles away
Car Rental at Zagreb, Westin Hotel from $12.42 per day0.8 km / 0.5 miles away
Car Rental at Panorama Zagreb Hotel from $18.81 per day1.8 km / 1.1 miles away
Car Rental in Zagreb (Downtown) from $8.95 per day2.8 km / 1.7 miles away
Car Rental at Rijeka Airport from $7.81 per day127.6 km / 79.3 miles away
Car Rental in Rijeka (Downtown) from $7.38 per day131.0 km / 81.4 miles away
Car Rental at Rijeka Train Station from $12.42 per day131.4 km / 81.7 miles away
Car Rental at Pula Airport from $7.81 per day189.8 km / 118.0 miles away
Car Rental at Zadar Airport from $8.08 per day195.1 km / 121.2 miles away
Car Rental in Umag (Downtown) from $18.81 per day195.4 km / 121.4 miles away
Car Rental in Porec (Downtown) from $18.81 per day196.3 km / 122.0 miles away
Car Rental in Pula (Downtown) from $8.70 per day196.3 km / 122.0 miles away
Car Rental from $48.07 per day196.8 km / 122.3 miles away
Car Rental in Zadar (Downtown) from $18.81 per day197.1 km / 122.5 miles away
Car Rental in Rovinj (Downtown) from $9.24 per day198.1 km / 123.1 miles away
Car Rental in Biograd (Downtown) from $22.09 per day211.9 km / 131.7 miles away
Car Rental at Osijek Airport from $18.81 per day223.6 km / 138.9 miles away
Car Rental in Sibenik (Downtown) from $11.13 per day230.7 km / 143.3 miles away
Car Rental in Primošten (Downtown) from $22.09 per day246.5 km / 153.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Zagreb Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Zagreb Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Zagreb Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|GreenMotion||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|GreenMotion||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Suzuki Baleno||5||2||Medium cars|
|SIXT||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Citroen C1||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Renault Clio||4||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Suzuki Swift||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Skoda Octavia||4||2||Large cars|
|GreenMotion||Chevrolet Spark||5||2||Small cars|
Taking a ferry is usually possible, but you must tell the rental company in advance. You will also always be charged an additional fee for this and be liable for any damage that happens to the car onboard the ferry
Our Customers Reviews
Top 26 Suppliers at Zagreb Airport in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email