Car Rental at Sarajevo International Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo is one of the most interesting cities in the Balkans. Thanks to its diverse historical heritage and easy access to beautiful nature, it has been steadily growing in stature as a popular tourist destination. These are five of its most interesting attractions:
- Baščaršija. The old market neighborhood is the historical heart of Sarajevo and, consequently, one of its most visited areas nowadays. Home to old caravanserais or roadside inns, diverse religious architecture, and narrow cobblestone streets, it has plenty of atmosphere to enjoy.
- Sebilj. Located in the heart of Sarajevo's historic Baščaršija, Sebilj, an iconic wooden fountain, serves to symbolize the city's rich Ottoman heritage. This elegant 18th-century structure has not only quenched the thirst of locals and travelers for centuries but also stands as a cherished symbol of Sarajevo's enduring cultural legacy.
- Yellow Fortress. Perched on a hill overlooking Sarajevo, the Yellow Fortress offers visitors a captivating vantage point for a panoramic view of the city and its surrounding hills. Dating back to the 18th century, this historic fortress has served not only as a strategic defensive structure but also as a testament to Sarajevo's rich history and resilience.
- War Childhood Museum. The memories are very painful, but it cannot be denied that the Bosnian War and the Siege of Sarajevo that took place in the 1990s is a crucially important, if tragic, page in the city’s history. There are several memorials and cultural institutions in Sarajevo that explain the events that took place and put them in the context, not least the War Childhood Museum, Museum of Crimes Against Humanity, and Tunnel of Hope.
- Konjic. A small and historical town, Konjic is best known for its great white water rafting opportunities on the Neretva River. Surrounded by stunning mountains, it is only an hour’s drive northeast of Sarajevo. From here, you can also easily reach the city of Mostar known for its impressive bridge and well-preserved Ottoman heritage.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $10 per day
- Large cars - from $9 per day
- Medium cars - from $6 per day
- Vans - from $37 per day
- Premium cars - from $49 per day
- Small cars - from $5 per day
- SUVs - from $12 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Tuzla (125 km / 68 mi)
- Mostar (125 km / 68 mi)
- Budapest (558 km / 347 mi)
Sarajevo International Airport
- IATA: SJJ
- ICAO: LQSA
- Name: Sarajevo Airport (SJJ)
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Sarajevo International Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Sarajevo International Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Sarajevo International Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||SIXT, Autounion, Euro Rent a Car, Carwiz, 387 Rent a Car|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$5 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Euro Rent a Car||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||Dacia Sandero||5||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Renault Captur||4||1||Medium cars|
|Autounion||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Euro Rent a Car||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|OTOQ||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Autounion||Volkswagen Golf||4||2||Medium cars|
|Europcar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|387 Rent a Car||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.