Car Rental at Split Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The second-largest city in Croatia and the capital of the historic region of Dalmatia, Split is one of the most interesting destinations in the country. In addition to beautiful beaches, it also offers impressive history and access to some of Croatia’s most idyllic islands. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Diocletian’s Palace. Formerly home to many classical civilizations, Croatia has no shortage of historical landmarks, and Diocletian’s Palace is one of the most impressive. Named after a Roman emperor who both was born and died in the area, the palace complex is a world heritage site that includes not just the main building itself, but also St. Duje’s Cathedral (said to be the oldest in the world), Jupiter Temple (which predates Christianity), and four impressive gates.
- Krka National Park. Named after the swift river of the same name, Krka National Park is one of the most beautiful protected areas in the country. Primarily known for its stunning waterfalls, the park also boasts lakes, hiking trails, and the island monastery of Visovac. Animal species native to the park include griffon vulture, long-fingered bat, and European otter. Krka National Park is 80 km (50 miles) northwest of Split and can be reached in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Hvar, Brač, and Šolta. Split is near a number of beautiful islands, most of which can be easily accessed by boat. Three of the nearest ones are Hvar, Brač, and Šolta, all of which offer beautiful beaches; historic, well-preserved cities; and hidden natural wonders in equal measure (the two former ones are more popular and busy while the latter is smaller and more relaxed). Some ferry companies permit taking a rental car with you while others do not — look this up in advance and also make sure to ask your rental car supplier if they permit it.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $45 per day
- Large cars - from $79 per day
- Medium cars - from $27 per day
- Vans - from $125 per day
- Premium cars - from $118 per day
- Small cars - from $23 per day
- SUVs - from $42 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Dubrovnik (241 km / 149 mi). Considered to be one of the most picturesque places on the Adriatic Sea, the whole of the city of Dubrovnik has the status of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A place of truly special atmosphere, it is home to a beautiful old town and impressive city walls.
- Zagreb (381 km / 236 mi). The capital city, Zagreb is located in the northwestern part of the country and has a very different atmosphere than the coastal cities of Croatia - it is more Central European than Mediterranean in character. Zagreb boasts a well-preserved architecture and many interesting museums.
- Pula (491 km / 305 mi). Pula is the capital of Istria, a peninsula and a unique historic region home to both Croatian and Italian influences. In addition to many beautiful beaches, the region also has an impressive Roman amphitheater and the scenic islands of Brijuni.
- Venice (615 km / 382 mi). One of the most famous cities in Europe (and, indeed, the world), Venice is a destination like no other. Although it’s best explored on foot or by gondola, you can drive to mainland Venice, park your car there, and head to discover the many world-famous landmarks that the sinking city can offer. To go from Split to Venice, you’ll have to cross two international borders, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Zadar (129 km / 80 mi). Located in Northern Dalmatia just a short ride from Pula, Zadar is another picturesque coastal town that blends impressive history and beautiful architecture with many amazing beaches.
- Sarajevo (255 km / 158 mi). The capital of neighboring Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo suffered heavily during the war in the 1990s, but has since reinvented itself as a safe and fascinating travel destination. The mountainous city is home to varied religious architecture, unique atmosphere and impressive nearby nature areas. Before going, make sure your rental car provider permits it. Also, check whether you need a visa to enter Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Split Airport (SPU)
- IATA: SPU
- ICAO: LDSP
- Name: Split Airport (SPU)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 2,818,176
- Distance from city: 15.5 miles / 25 km NW of town
- Phone: +385 21 203506
Top 15 Locations near Split Airport
Car Rental at Split Port from $42.02 per day
Car Rental in Split with delivery within city limits from $64.94 per day1.5 km / 0.9 miles away
Car Rental at Zadar Airport from $6.96 per day110.5 km / 68.7 miles away
Car Rental at the Port of Zadar from $87.29 per day118.8 km / 73.8 miles away
Car Rental in Dubrovnik with delivery within city limits from $64.94 per day164.5 km / 102.2 miles away
Car Rental at Dubrovnik Aci Marina from $23.56 per day165.3 km / 102.7 miles away
Car Rental at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel from $46.38 per day165.7 km / 103.0 miles away
Car Rental at Dubrovnik Airport from $5.00 per day181.8 km / 113.0 miles away
Car Rental at Rijeka Airport from $13.99 per day241.6 km / 150.1 miles away
Car Rental at Zagreb Airport from $4.67 per day250.6 km / 155.7 miles away
Car Rental at Pula Airport from $5.78 per day253.3 km / 157.4 miles away
Car Rental at Zagreb Train Station from $46.38 per day258.3 km / 160.5 miles away
Car Rental at Panorama Zagreb Hotel from $18.56 per day258.8 km / 160.8 miles away
Car Rental in Zagreb with delivery within city limits from $64.94 per day258.9 km / 160.9 miles away
Car Rental at Osijek Airport from $15.54 per day287.6 km / 178.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Split Airport?
What’s the most frequent rental length at Split Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Split Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Avia||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Renault Megane||4||3||Medium cars|
|Ok Mobility||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Nissan Micra||5||1||Small cars|
|Avia||Volkswagen Up||5||2||Small cars|
|Avia||Volkswagen Golf||5||4||Medium cars|
|Carwiz||Volkswagen Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Avia||Skoda Fabia||5||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Renault Clio||5||1||Small cars|
|Autowill||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.