Car Hire in Mykonos
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Why hire a car in Mykonos?
One of the most visited Greek islands in the so-called Cyclades group, Mykonos is known for its pristine coastline and fun nightlife. Scratch beneath the surface and you’ll also discover plenty of history and lovely natural scenery.
Top ways to enter Mykonos
- Mykonos Airport. The main entry point for foreign visitors, Mykonos Airport is located immediately to the southeast of Mykonos Town, the main settlement of the island. During the summer months, Mykonos Airport has flights by around 30 airlines, providing connections with destinations all across Europe and beyond.
Top destinations and activities
- Beaches. The main reason why thousands of visitors come to Mykonos every year, the splendid shoreline is the island’s main draw. From tourist hotspots like Psarou and Paraga beaches on the south coast to the relatively tranquil Fokos Beach in the northwest and everything in between, there is a wealth of lovely coastal stretches waiting to be explored.
- Windmills. Not particularly characteristic of Greece (and therefore all the more interesting), the Windmills of Mykonos is one of the island’s main tourist objects. Mostly dating back to the 16th century when Mykonos was ruled by the Venetian Empire, they can be found near the settlement of Mpaoumi, immediately to the south of Mykonos Town.
- Archaeological Museum of Mykonos. Inhabited for millennia and home to a developed culture for at least 4,500 years, the Cycladic Islands are a hotspot for archaeological finds, and this museum is one of the best places to see them. Located in Mykonos Town, it has an interesting collection of artefacts found on the nearby island of Rheneia. Another great place to learn about the history of Mykonos is the Folklore Museum, also located in Mykonos Town.
Traffic and parking
- There are no highways on Mykonos (nor on any other Greek islands).
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 90km/h (56mph) on roads outside populated areas and 50km/h (31mph) in populated and built-up areas.
- Many petrol stations might be closed on the weekends and public holidays.
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers. Exceeding these limits can lead to steep fines and a license ban. Exceeding the limit of 0.08% is a criminal offence and can lead to up to two years of imprisonment.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The general emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112. The number for the police is 100, the number to call an ambulance is 166, and the number for the fire department is 199.
There are no toll roads on Mykonos.
Ideas for day trips
- Marathi. Mykonos is all about the beach, but that doesn’t mean that the inland parts of the island have nothing to offer to the curious visitor. One of the nicest interior destinations is the village of Marathi — located in the northwestern part of the island, it has a very different look and feel than the coastal resorts with much of the traditional architecture surviving to this day. The village is also home to an artificial lake of the same name.
Most popular cars
The most hired car in Mykonos is the Toyota Aygo, followed by the Skoda Citigo and the Fiat Panda. The most popular car types are economy, mini, and compact.
Car Hire Prices in Mykonos
- Large cars - starting at £ 77 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 68 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 145 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 50 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 84 per day
These are some good methods to save money on your car:
- Compare rates of different car providers
- Book your car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the car hire prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Nice is the cheapest in March when renting a car is about 60% cheaper than the yearly average and a whole 70% cheaper than renting a car in August.
Top 18 Cities near Mykonos
152.9 km / 95.0 miles away
Corfu Car Hire starting at £ 31.47 per day539.6 km / 335.3 miles away
Thessaloniki Car Hire starting at £ 6.79 per day405.2 km / 251.8 miles away
Rhodes Car Hire starting at £ 33.49 per day278.8 km / 173.3 miles away
Santorini Car Hire starting at £ 8.79 per day115.8 km / 71.9 miles away
411.6 km / 255.8 miles away
Kos Car Hire starting at £ 9.80 per day181.5 km / 112.7 miles away
Kefalonia Car Hire starting at £ 8.12 per day432.7 km / 268.9 miles away
Preveza Car Hire starting at £ 6.07 per day433.4 km / 269.3 miles away
290.7 km / 180.6 miles away
Skiathos Car Hire starting at £ 16.72 per day251.8 km / 156.5 miles away
Kolymbia Car Hire starting at £ 33.49 per day282.9 km / 175.8 miles away
Chalkidiki Car Hire starting at £ 16.72 per day355.2 km / 220.7 miles away
Parga Car Hire starting at £ 10.83 per day477.8 km / 296.9 miles away
Kea Car Hire starting at £ 58.79 per day91.6 km / 56.9 miles away
Aigio Car Hire starting at £ 45.58 per day300.2 km / 186.5 miles away
274.8 km / 170.8 miles away
167.4 km / 104.0 miles away
Top 20 Destinations around Mykonos
Mykonos Airport Car Hire starting at £ 11.33 per day0.5 km / 0.3 miles away
Mykonos Port Car Hire starting at £ 13.79 per day2.3 km / 1.4 miles away
Santorini Airport Car Hire starting at £ 8.79 per day115.6 km / 71.8 miles away
Athens Airport Car Hire starting at £ 4.27 per day135.2 km / 84.0 miles away
Athens Koropi Car Hire starting at £ 8.44 per day139.5 km / 86.7 miles away
Athens Marousi Car Hire starting at £ 9.67 per day151.6 km / 94.2 miles away
Athens Acropoli Car Hire starting at £ 9.13 per day153.7 km / 95.5 miles away
Athens Port Car Hire starting at £ 23.41 per day160.4 km / 99.6 miles away
Kos Airport Car Hire starting at £ 9.42 per day170.6 km / 106.0 miles away
Skiathos Port Car Hire starting at £ 34.11 per day251.3 km / 156.1 miles away
Rhodes Airport Car Hire starting at £ 6.10 per day269.3 km / 167.3 miles away
Rhodes Kalithea Car Hire starting at £ 33.49 per day279.2 km / 173.5 miles away
Hotel Golden Odyssey Car Hire starting at £ 33.49 per day282.3 km / 175.4 miles away
Holiday Village Rhodes Car Hire starting at £ 33.49 per day283.2 km / 176.0 miles away
Kalamata Airport Car Hire starting at £ 9.49 per day296.4 km / 184.2 miles away
Zakynthos Airport Car Hire starting at £ 9.42 per day394.4 km / 245.1 miles away
Thessaloniki Airport Car Hire starting at £ 3.31 per day399.7 km / 248.4 miles away
Kefalonia Airport Car Hire starting at £ 8.12 per day432.3 km / 268.6 miles away
Preveza Aktion Airport (Lefkada) Car Hire starting at £ 6.07 per day433.1 km / 269.1 miles away
Corfu Airport Car Hire starting at £ 7.17 per day530.4 km / 329.6 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car in Mykonos?
What is the usual period for which people keep their hire cars, on average, in Mykonos?
What is the most favoured month for hiring a car in Mykonos?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Autounion||Citroen C1||4||1||Small cars|
|EXER||Toyota Aygo||5||1||Small cars|
|Alma Car Hire||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Dirent a car Greece||Seat Mii||5||1||Small cars|
|Avance||Nissan Micra||4||1||Small cars|
|EXER||Toyota Aygo||3||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Hyundai i20||5||2||Medium cars|
|Alamo||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Autounion||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.