Car Hire in Mykonos
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Why hire a car in Mykonos?
One of the most visited Greek islands in the so-called Cyclades group, Mykonos is known for its pristine coastline and fun nightlife. Scratch beneath the surface and you’ll also discover plenty of history and lovely natural scenery.
Top ways to enter Mykonos
- Mykonos Airport. The main entry point for foreign visitors, Mykonos Airport is located immediately to the southeast of Mykonos Town, the main settlement of the island. During the summer months, Mykonos Airport has flights by around 30 airlines, providing connections with destinations all across Europe and beyond.
Top destinations and activities
- Beaches. The main reason why thousands of visitors come to Mykonos every year, the splendid shoreline is the island’s main draw. From tourist hotspots like Psarou and Paraga beaches on the south coast to the relatively tranquil Fokos Beach in the northwest and everything in between, there is a wealth of lovely coastal stretches waiting to be explored.
- Windmills. Not particularly characteristic of Greece (and therefore all the more interesting), the Windmills of Mykonos is one of the island’s main tourist objects. Mostly dating back to the 16th century when Mykonos was ruled by the Venetian Empire, they can be found near the settlement of Mpaoumi, immediately to the south of Mykonos Town.
- Archaeological Museum of Mykonos. Inhabited for millennia and home to a developed culture for at least 4,500 years, the Cycladic Islands are a hotspot for archaeological finds, and this museum is one of the best places to see them. Located in Mykonos Town, it has an interesting collection of artefacts found on the nearby island of Rheneia. Another great place to learn about the history of Mykonos is the Folklore Museum, also located in Mykonos Town.
Traffic and parking
- There are no highways on Mykonos (nor on any other Greek islands).
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 90km/h (56mph) on roads outside populated areas and 50km/h (31mph) in populated and built-up areas.
- Many petrol stations might be closed on the weekends and public holidays.
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers. Exceeding these limits can lead to steep fines and a license ban. Exceeding the limit of 0.08% is a criminal offence and can lead to up to two years of imprisonment.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The general emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112. The number for the police is 100, the number to call an ambulance is 166, and the number for the fire department is 199.
There are no toll roads on Mykonos.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Marathi. Mykonos is all about the beach, but that doesn’t mean that the inland parts of the island have nothing to offer to the curious visitor. One of the nicest interior destinations is the village of Marathi — located in the northwestern part of the island, it has a very different look and feel than the coastal resorts with much of the traditional architecture surviving to this day. The village is also home to an artificial lake of the same name.
Most popular cars
The most hired car in Mykonos is the Toyota Aygo, followed by the Skoda Citigo and the Fiat Panda. The most popular car types are economy, mini, and compact.
Car Hire Prices in Mykonos
- Large cars - starting at £ 148 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 127 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 311 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 103 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 175 per day
These are some good methods to save money on your car:
- Compare rates of different car providers
- Book your car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the car hire prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Nice is the cheapest in March when renting a car is about 60% cheaper than the yearly average and a whole 70% cheaper than renting a car in August.
Top 13 Cities near Mykonos
Heraklion starting at £ 26.58 per day233.5 km / 145.1 miles away
Athens starting at £ 12.72 per day160.7 km / 99.9 miles away
Corfu starting at £ 75.45 per day539.6 km / 335.3 miles away
Rhodes starting at £ 561.22 per day278.6 km / 173.1 miles away
Chania starting at £ 21.80 per day237.2 km / 147.4 miles away
404.4 km / 251.3 miles away
Kos starting at £ 21.80 per day170.3 km / 105.8 miles away
Zakynthos starting at £ 53.91 per day411.6 km / 255.8 miles away
Santorini starting at £ 33.58 per day115.8 km / 71.9 miles away
Kefalonia starting at £ 83.16 per day433.7 km / 269.5 miles away
Preveza starting at £ 62.55 per day435.8 km / 270.8 miles away
Skiathos starting at £ 41.49 per day251.8 km / 156.5 miles away
289.5 km / 179.9 miles away
Top 13 Destinations around Mykonos
Mykonos Airport starting at £ 46.34 per day0.5 km / 0.3 miles away
Mykonos Port starting at £ 70.80 per day2.3 km / 1.4 miles away
Mykonos Old Port starting at £ 92.12 per day2.3 km / 1.4 miles away
Tinos Port starting at £ 107.72 per day20.2 km / 12.5 miles away
Naxos Chora starting at £ 82.24 per day36.8 km / 22.9 miles away
Syros Megas Gialos starting at £ 62.12 per day38.6 km / 24.0 miles away
Gavrio Hotel Delivery starting at £ 63.41 per day73.3 km / 45.5 miles away
Mylopota starting at £ 64.48 per day80.1 km / 49.8 miles away
Kea Port starting at £ 55.04 per day94.3 km / 58.6 miles away
Patmos Skala Port starting at £ 106.38 per day106.9 km / 66.4 miles away
Milos Hotel Delivery starting at £ 89.30 per day111.6 km / 69.3 miles away
Milos Airport starting at £ 47.06 per day112.3 km / 69.8 miles away
Santorini Mesaria starting at £ 50.60 per day115.3 km / 71.6 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car in Mykonos?
What is the usual period for which people keep their hire cars, on average, in Mykonos?
What month is the most favoured for hiring a car in Mykonos?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|EXER||Toyota Aygo||5||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Citroen C1||4||1||Small cars|
|Alma Car Hire||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Dirent a car Greece||Seat Mii||5||1||Small cars|
|Avance Rent a Car||Nissan Micra||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||Hyundai i20||5||2||Medium cars|
|Autounion||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.