Car Hire at Kefalonia Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
Whether you spell it Kefalonia, Cephalonia, or even Kefallinia, most people can agree that this Greek island is a top travel destination. Part of the Ionian Islands archipelago just off the western coast of Greece, Kefalonia naturally attracts visitors with its picturesque beaches but also has quaint fishing villages, dramatic inland peaks, and delicious local cuisine up its sleeve. Here’s our pick of the best attractions:
- Beaches. Despite its small size (it’s about four times smaller than Lancashire), Kefalonia has a coastline of 250 km (155 miles), so naturally, there are many great places to take a dip, soak up the sun, and get an idyllic boost for your Instagram account. Whether you head for the crowded, but undeniably beautiful Myrtos Beach in the north of the island, visit the relaxed Petani on the western coast, or enjoy the clear water of Antisamos in the east, you’re likely to find what you’re looking for.
- Monasteries. This being Greece, there are many fascinating historic sites on Kefalonia, some of them dating back more than 2,000 years. Slightly more recent, but nonetheless cloaked in a calm and fascinating aura are the island’s many Greek Orthodox monasteries and churches. Most of them continue to fulfil their original function, but many are open for visitors, offering both a history lesson and — thanks to the mountaintop location of some — amazing views of the island and sea below.
- Mount Ainos. Located only some 15 km (9 miles) from the coast, Mount Ainos, the highest point on Kefalonia, stands an imposing 1,628 m (5,340 feet) above the sea. If you’ve hired a car, the summit is not hard to reach — drive to the weather transmitter station on its northern slope, park there, and you’ll be only a 20-minute climb from the top. Locals claim that on a clear day, you can see Zakynthos in addition to other nearby islands. Mount Ainos is also a part of the national park of the same name that has an environmental centre and a number of maintained hiking paths and is home to many local species of flora and fauna.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 44 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 24 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 15 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 8 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 40 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 6 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 12 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Crete (723 km / 449 mi)
Kefalonia Airport (EFL)
- IATA: EFL
- ICAO: LGKF
- Name: Kefalonia Airport (EFL)
- Distance from the city centre: 4.3 miles / 7 km
Top 15 Destinations around Kefalonia Airport
Car Hire at Zakynthos Airport starting at £ 6.79 per day53.1 km / 33.0 miles away
Car Hire at Preveza Aktion Airport (Lefkada) starting at £ 8.80 per day92.5 km / 57.5 miles away
Car Hire at Corfu Airport starting at £ 5.74 per day172.5 km / 107.2 miles away
Car Hire at Corfu Port starting at £ 10.76 per day175.0 km / 108.7 miles away
Car Hire at Kalamata Airport starting at £ 7.06 per day178.1 km / 110.7 miles away
Car Hire at Skiathos Port starting at £ 11.95 per day284.4 km / 176.7 miles away
Car Hire at Athens Airport starting at £ 4.07 per day302.3 km / 187.8 miles away
Car Hire at Thessaloniki Airport starting at £ 4.70 per day341.1 km / 211.9 miles away
Car Hire at Mykonos Port starting at £ 16.68 per day430.6 km / 267.6 miles away
Car Hire at Mykonos Airport starting at £ 9.27 per day432.7 km / 268.9 miles away
Car Hire at Santorini Airport starting at £ 9.99 per day480.3 km / 298.4 miles away
Car Hire at Kos Airport starting at £ 9.01 per day600.1 km / 372.9 miles away
Car Hire at Rhodes Airport starting at £ 6.97 per day697.6 km / 433.5 miles away
Car Hire at Hotel Golden Odyssey starting at £ 23.30 per day708.7 km / 440.4 miles away
Car Hire at Holiday Village Rhodes starting at £ 23.30 per day709.5 km / 440.9 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Kefalonia Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Kefalonia Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Kefalonia Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||Rent Car Kefalonia, Alma Car Hire, Avance, Dirent a car Greece, WheeGo|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, People Carriers, SUVs|
|Lowest price||£ 6 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Avance||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|WheeGo||Renault Twingo||5||1||Small cars|
|Rent Car Kefalonia||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Yours Car Rental||Hyundai i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Alma Car Hire||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Alma Car Hire||Suzuki Celerio||5||1||Small cars|
|Dirent a car Greece||Nissan Note||5||2||Medium cars|
|Dirent a car Greece||Seat Mii||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.