Car Rental at Kefalonia Airport
Airport Car Rental
The largest of the Greek Ionian islands to the west of the country’s mainland, Kefalonia is a beloved tourist destination. Also called by its Italian name Cefalonia due to its Venetian heritage, the island is known for its long, beautiful coastline, scenic caves, and historic sites. These are three of Kefalonia’s most interesting attractions:
- Caves. Kefalonia is home to not one, but two of Greece’s most notable caves, Melissani and Drogarati. Notable for their deep and azure waters, the caves are near the island’s eastern coast and just 6 km (3.7 miles) from each other. The car trip from Argostoli, the main settlement on Kefalonia, takes about 30 minutes.
- Beaches. Kefalonia’s number one attraction is its beautiful beaches and with a coastline of 254 km (158 miles), there’s plenty to choose from. Highlights include the popular Myrtos Beach on the northwestern coast which is known for its spectacular natural setting, Antisamos Beach in the east which is surrounded by a beautiful forest, and the relaxed Trapezaki Beach in the southwest.
- Monasteries. The Ionian islands are home to many ancient Greek Orthodox monasteries and churches, and some of the most notable ones can be found on Kefalonia. These include the Sacred Monastery of Agios Gerasimos which is named after the island’s patron saint, the church of Panagia Lagouvarda, and the Kipouria Monastery. Many of the monasteries and churches are located in the central part of the island, so going to visit them is also a good way to explore the lesser-visited inland areas of Kefalonia.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $244 per day
- Large cars - from $187 per day
- Medium cars - from $162 per day
- Vans - from $338 per day
- Small cars - from $121 per day
- SUVs - from $230 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Crete (723 km / 449 mi)
Kefalonia Airport (EFL)
- IATA: EFL
- ICAO: LGKF
- Name: Kefalonia Airport (EFL)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 5,903
- Passengers (per year): 629,671
- Distance from city: 4.3 miles / 7 km SW of town
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Kefalonia Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Kefalonia Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Kefalonia Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Avance||Skoda Citigo||5||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Suzuki Alto||4||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|Avance||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Alma Car Hire||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Rent Car Kefalonia||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Dirent a car Greece||Seat Mii||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|AddCar||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|WheeGo||Renault Twingo||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.