Car Rental in Rzeszow
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Rzeszow?
Rzeszow is a great place to visit. Although not as famous as Warsaw or Krakow, this cozy little city has everything from classy architecture to interesting museums and traditional Polish restaurants. Rzeszow is near a number of national parks and mountain ranges that you can explore. With a rental car, you can even pop over the border to visit one of Poland’s neighbors.
One-Way Car Rentals in Rzeszow
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Rzeszow and drop off in another city include:
- From Rzeszow to London - 18 offers from US$ 10351.54 per day
- From Rzeszow to Krakow - 137 offers from US$ 16.08 per day
- From Rzeszow to Katowice - 128 offers from US$ 16.08 per day
- From Rzeszow to Brussels - 9 offers from US$ 10473.36 per day
Top ways to enter Rzeszow
- Rzeszow Airport: Also known as Rzeszow-Jasionka, this small and cozy airport handled almost 800,000 travelers in 2018. The airport is only served by five airlines, but in addition to European connections, it also hosts seasonal inter-continental flights to and from New York City. Rzeszow Airport is 12 km (7 miles) north of the city center and takes about 20 minutes to reach.
- Krakow Airport: Serving Poland’s second city, Krakow John Paul II Airport handled 6.7 million travelers in 2018. The airport is a large hub for low-cost carriers Ryanair and Wizz Air and is also served by around 20 other airlines. Krakow Airport is 180 km (111 miles) west of Rzeszow and can be reached in about 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- Katowice Airport: With nearly 5 million travelers served in 2018, Katowice Airport is the fourth-busiest in Poland. In addition to Katowice, the airport also serves the larger Upper Silesian metropolitan area, a region with more than 5 million inhabitants that spans two countries, Poland and the Czech Republic. Katowice Airport is 270 km (168 miles) west of Rzeszow and can be reached in 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Warsaw Chopin Airport: By far the busiest in Poland and one of the largest in the region, Chopin Airport handled 17.7 million travelers in 2018. In addition to domestic connections and flights to and from many European countries, it also hosts flights to the Middle East, North Africa, East Asia, and North America. Warsaw Chopin Airport is 318 km (197 miles) north of Rzeszow and can be reached in just over 4 hours.
- Warsaw Modlin Airport: The smallest of the two airports serving the Polish capital, Warsaw-Modlin is, as of November 2019, served only by three airlines, Ryanair, Enter Air, and Buzz. The airport provides connections with the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Greece, and many other countries. Modlin Airport is 350 km (217 miles) north of Rzeszow and can be reached in about 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- By rail: If arriving in Rzeszow by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at the Rzeszów Główny railway station.
Useful city facts
- Located in southeastern Poland, Rzeszow has a temperate climate with warm, enjoyable summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature is 24°C (75°F) in July and August, the warmest months, and 0°C (32°F) in January, the coldest. July is the month with the highest precipitation while January and February are the driest.
- Despite its relatively small size, Rzeszow is home to a number of interesting museums. Rzeszow Regional Museum, located in a former monastery with beautiful wall frescoes, houses many Polish and foreign artworks; the Ethnographic Museum is dedicated to the traditions, folk costumes, and wood carvings of Southeast Poland; the Rzeszow City Museum has an impressive tour through underground cellars; and the Museum of Bedtime Cartoons, one of a kind, is dedicated to the most popular children's films and fairy tales.
Top destinations and activities
- Rzeszow Castle. Built in the beginning of the 20th century, the castle stands on the location of the former House of Lubomirsi, the residence of a Polish aristocratic family. One of the most beautiful castles in southeastern Poland, it used to house a prison and is now home to a local court, so even though tourists cannot enter, even seeing it from outside is a great experience.
- Sts. Stanislaw and Adalbert Parish Church. Built in Gothic and Baroque styles, the most famous church of Rzeszow dates back to at least the 15th century. A national heritage monument of Poland, it is also one of the most photographed buildings in the city.
- Łańcut. A suburb of Rzeszow, the cute town of Łańcut is a great destination for a day trip. Home to beautiful castles, parks, and gardens, it also houses the unique Distillery Museum dedicated to Poland’s liquor-making industry. Located just 17 km (11 miles) east of Rzeszow, the town can be reached in about 20 minutes.
Traffic and parking tips
- Poland drives on the right-hand side of the road.
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits in Poland are 40 km/h (87 mph) on motorways, 120 km/h (75 mph) on expressways with a dual carriageway, 100 km/h (62 mph) on expressways with a single carriageway, 90 km/h (56 mph) on all other urban roads, 60 km/h (37 mph) in urban and built-up areas at night, 50 km/h (31 mph) in urban and built-up areas during the day, and 20 km/h (12 mph) in residential areas.
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.02% for both experienced and novice drivers. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a license ban. Exceeding the limit of 0.05% is a criminal offense and can lead to up to 2 years imprisonment.
- While the general quality of roads in Poland has improved immensely over the last two decades, some rural roads, especially in the northernmost, southernmost, and easternmost parts of the country, can still be in rather bad shape. It is a good idea to plan your route in advance and look up the roads you’ll be driving.
- Proof of insurance and the documentation of the car needs to be in it whenever you’re driving.
- When you are driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The emergency number in Poland, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are a number of toll roads in Poland.
Some roads use an open toll system while others use a closed toll system. In an open toll system, payment is made upon entering the toll road. In a closed toll system, the driver will be given a printed ticket that will state the time and point of entry of the toll road; the toll will be calculated based on the distance driven and paid when exiting the road.
Payment can be made either in cash or by credit card. If you choose to pay in cash, you can pay in three currencies, Euros, Polish Zloty (PLN), or United States Dollars (USD), but keep in mind that even if you pay in one of the two foreign currencies, you might be given change in zloty. As of July 2019, 1 EUR = 4.25 PLN.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Krosno. A picturesque little town near the border with Slovakia, Krosno is home to two unique museums - the Craft Museum showing unique Polish wood carvings and different traditional Polish household objects and the Glass Heritage Center where visitors can learn about the ancient and modern techniques of glass making, and even try their hand at it themselves. Located 56 km (35 miles) south of Rzeszow, Krosno can be reached in one hour by car.
- Tarnow. A historic city halfway between Rzeszow and Krakow, Tarnow is home to interesting religious architecture - the Tarnow Cathedral, the Holy Trinity Church, and the remains of the city’s synagogue or Binah. Other attractions include the beautiful city hall and the regional museum. Tarnow is located 86 km (53 miles) west of Rzeszow and can be reached in about one hour.
- Krakow. The second-largest city in Poland (and, according to many, the most beautiful one), Krakow is a large religious, cultural, and political center. The city’s well-preserved old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and there are plenty of landmarks to see, things to do, and restaurants to visit. Located 167 km (104 miles) west of Rzeszow, Krakow takes about two hours to reach.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Rzeszow is the Seat Ibiza, although many travelers also go for the Toyota Corolla and the Fiat 500. The most popular rental car types are economy, compact, and mini.
- Polish Tatras. Arguably the most impressive mountain range in Eastern and Central Europe, the Tatras is a stunning destination. From climbing, hiking, and paragliding in summer to skiing and snowboarding in winter, there’s plenty to do. Zakopane, the unofficial winter capital of Poland at the heart of the Polish Tatras, has great accommodation opportunities, as well as its own attractions like the Tatras Museum. Located 260 km (161 miles) southwest of Rzeszow, Zakopane can be reached in about three hours.
- Slovakia. This neighboring country of Poland might be small, but punches way above its size when it comes to things to see and do. Its mountains are just as majestic as the ones the Polish side, its wooden churches are among the most beautiful in Europe, and its capital city, Bratislava, is a real hidden gem. Prešov, a city in eastern Slovakia famous for its two beautiful cathedrals, is just 165 km (102 miles) south of Rezsow and can be reached in about 2 hours and 30 minutes. From here, you can explore the rest of Slovakia or even travel to Hungary or Romania, two other European countries that are just a short ride away. Do keep in mind, though, that if you plan to cross any international border with a rental car, it’s good to ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Lviv. Located just over the border, Lviv is one of the most famous cities of Ukraine. Famous for its beautiful architecture that is a mixture of Austrian, Polish, and Russian Orthodox influences, Lviv is home to more beautiful churches and castles than it’s possible to list. The city is also a hotspot for Ukrainian traditions and houses many cultural centers and folk music and art venues. Located 170 km (105 miles) east of Rzeszow, Lviv can be reached in about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Note: Most rental car providers in Poland don’t permit taking a rental car to Ukraine. A much easier way to travel would be to go by public transportation and then pick up a new rental car after arriving in Lviv. It’s also important to check in advance whether you need a visa to visit Ukraine - unlike Poland, the country is not a member of the European Union nor the Schengen area and has its own, unique visa policy.
Car Rental Prices in Rzeszow
- Station wagons - from $30 per day
- Large cars - from $63 per day
- Medium cars - from $21 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $152 per day
- Small cars - from $18 per day
- SUVs - from $30 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
Follow these simple tips to get a great rental car in Rzeszow:
- Compare the rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Rzeszow is the cheapest in August when renting a car is about 30% cheaper than the yearly average and a whole 54% cheaper than renting a car in November. Come to Poland for your late summer vacation!
Top 13 Cities near Rzeszow
246.3 km / 153.0 miles away
Krakow Car Rentals from $9.12 per day159.4 km / 99.1 miles away
Gdansk Car Rentals from $11.86 per day524.9 km / 326.2 miles away
Katowice Car Rentals from $11.86 per day214.5 km / 133.3 miles away
Poznan Car Rentals from $9.12 per day443.0 km / 275.3 miles away
Wroclaw Car Rentals from $8.72 per day378.6 km / 235.2 miles away
Lodz Car Rentals from $15.28 per day256.6 km / 159.5 miles away
Szczecin Car Rentals from $15.28 per day622.6 km / 386.9 miles away
Bydgoszcz Car Rentals from $15.28 per day433.7 km / 269.5 miles away
Lublin Car Rentals from $15.28 per day134.7 km / 83.7 miles away
Bielsko-Biala Car Rentals from $18.65 per day214.8 km / 133.5 miles away
Olsztyn Car Rentals from $15.28 per day382.8 km / 237.8 miles away
483.1 km / 300.2 miles away
Top 16 Locations near Rzeszow
Rzeszów–Jasionka Airport Car Rentals from $8.72 per day7.7 km / 4.8 miles away
Lublin Airport Car Rentals from $15.28 per day142.3 km / 88.4 miles away
Kraków Train Station Car Rentals from $11.86 per day146.4 km / 91.0 miles away
Krakow Airport Car Rentals from $9.12 per day158.0 km / 98.2 miles away
Katowice Airport Car Rentals from $9.12 per day212.9 km / 132.3 miles away
Piaseczno Train Station Car Rentals from $109.91 per day235.7 km / 146.5 miles away
Warsaw Airport Car Rentals from $9.12 per day246.9 km / 153.4 miles away
Lodz Lublinek Airport Car Rentals from $15.28 per day261.0 km / 162.2 miles away
Warsaw-Modlin Airport Car Rentals from $9.12 per day283.6 km / 176.2 miles away
Wroclaw Airport Car Rentals from $8.72 per day379.7 km / 235.9 miles away
Olsztyn-Mazury Airport Car Rentals from $15.28 per day389.9 km / 242.3 miles away
Bydgoszcz Airport Car Rentals from $15.28 per day438.7 km / 272.6 miles away
Poznan Train Station Car Rentals from $21.65 per day440.7 km / 273.8 miles away
Poznan–Lawica Airport Car Rentals from $9.12 per day446.4 km / 277.4 miles away
Gdansk Airport Car Rentals from $9.12 per day538.7 km / 334.7 miles away
Szczecin Goleniow Airport Car Rentals from $15.28 per day626.5 km / 389.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Rzeszow?
What’s the usual rental length in Rzeszow?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Rzeszow?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Global Rent a Car||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf STW||5||2||Station wagons|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Jetta||4||2||Large cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Tiguan||5||2||SUVs|
|Global Rent a Car||Smart For Four||5||1||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|