Car Rental in Poznan
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Poznan?
Poznan is a great city to explore. Although it is an industrial city, Poznan is also historic and sophisticated, and it has plenty to offer when it comes to museums, architecture, and art. Poznan’s convenient location means that from it, you can easily explore the rest of Poland like the country’s beautiful Baltic Sea coast in the north and the Tatra mountains in the southeast. Cities like Warsaw, Gdansk, and Krakow are close, and with a rental car you can even visit Poland’s neighbors, Germany and the Czech Republic.
One-Way Car Rentals in Poznan
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Poznan and drop off in another city include:
- From Poznan to Krakow - 167 offers from 18.63 USD per day
- From Poznan to Berlin - 18 offers from 10352.76 USD per day
- From Poznan to Warsaw - 357 offers from 18.63 USD per day
- From Poznan to Katowice - 29 offers from 22.39 USD per day
- From Poznan to Luton - 18 offers from 10352.76 USD per day
Top ways to enter Poznan
Poznan Airport: Poznań–Ławica Henryk Wieniawski Airport served 2.4 million travelers in 2018. The airport is a large hub for Enter Air, Ryanair, and Wizz Air and also hosts flights by 11 other airlines. Located just 7km (4 miles) northwest of the city center, the airport can be reached in 10-15 minutes.
Bydgoszcz Airport: A small airport serving the city of the same name in north-central Poland, Bydgoszcz Airport hosts flights to around 15 destinations across Europe, although many of them are only active seasonally. Located 140km (87 miles) northeast of Poznan, the distance between the two can be traveled in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Wroclaw Airport: Also known as Copernicus Airport after the famous Polish scientist who hailed from the city, Wroclaw Airport has been constantly growing for the last couple of years. As of July 2019, it offers flights by 16 different airlines. The airport is located 190km (118 miles) south of Poznan and can be reached in about two hours by car.
Szczecin Airport: Located in the far northwestern corner of Poland near the border with Germany, Szczecin-Goleniow is another Polish airport popular with low-cost carriers like Ryanair and Wizz Air. It hosts flights to and from a number of European countries including the United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, and the Republic of Ireland. The airport is about 290km (180 miles) north of Poznan and can be reached in less than three hours.
Warsaw Chopin Airport: By far the busiest in the country, Chopin Airport hosts nearly the same amount of international flights as all the other airports in Poland, combined. In addition to connections to many European countries, the airport also has flights to and from the Middle East, North Africa, and North America. Located 310km (192 miles) to the east, the distance between the capital and Poznan can be traveled in about three hours.
By rail: If arriving in Poznan by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at Poznan Glowny.
Useful city facts
- Poznan has a humid continental climate with oceanic influences. The average temperature is around 20°C (68°F) in July and August, the warmest months, with some days getting significantly hotter, and −1°C (30°F) in January, the coldest month. July is by far the most humid month and has frequent thunderstorms; February is the driest. Snowfall occurs in Poznan every winter.
- The first capital of Poland and seen by many as the birthplace of the nation, Poznan is a historically important place. Capital of the historic Greater Poland region, today it has a population of around 530,000 people, making it the fifth-largest city in the country. Around 900,000 more people live in the larger Poznan metropolitan area. The city is made up of five districts that are further divided into 42 neighborhoods. Stare Miasto, or the Old Town, is the district that has most of the city’s landmarks and some of the most beautiful architecture.
Top destinations and activities
- Town Hall. Located in Stary Rynek, the city’s famous old square, Poznan’s town hall is a mixture of Gothic and Renaissance styles. It has been called the most beautiful Renaissance building north of the Alps and is one of the symbols of the city. Its halls and courtrooms make it as impressive from the inside as it is from outside. Today, the town hall houses the Historical Museum of Poznan. It is also famous for its two mechanical goats who butt their heads each day at noon time.
- Old Jesuits’ College. Built as a school for the Jesuit religious order, the old college hosted Napoleon I when he marched towards Russia in the early 19th century and later held concerts for Frederic Chopin, Poland’s most famous composer. Even if you take all the history away, it would still be one of the most beautiful buildings in the city.
- Imperial Castle. Although not particularly old - it was built in the early 20th Century for the German emperor William II - Poznan's Zamek is one of the most impressive in Poland. The castle was built in a Neo-Romanesque style, with its fountain purposefully made to resemble the Fountain of the Lions of Alhambra in Granada.
Traffic and parking tips
- Poland drives on the right hand side of the road.
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits in Poland 140km/h (87 mph) on motorways, 120km/h (75 mph) on expressways with a dual carriageway, 100km/h (62.2 mph) on expressways with a single carriageway, 90km/h (56 mph) on all other urban roads, 60km/h (37.2 mph) in urban and built-up areas at night, 50km/h (31 mph) in urban and built-up areas during the day, and 20km/h (12.4 mph) in residential areas.
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.02% for both experienced and novice drivers. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a licence ban. Exceeding the limit of 0.05% is a criminal offence and can lead to up to 2 years imprisonment.
- While the general quality of roads in Poland has improved immensely during the last 2 decades, some rural roads, especially in the northernmost, southernmost, and easternmost parts of the country can still be in a rather bad shape. It is a good idea to set out your route in advance and look up the roads you’ll be driving.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The emergency number in Poland, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are a number of toll roads in Poland. Some roads use an open toll system while others use a closed toll system. In open toll system, the payment is made upon entering the toll road. In closed toll system, the driver will be given a printed ticket that will state the time and point of entry of the toll road; the toll fee will be calculated and paid when exiting the road.
Payment can be made either in cash or by credit card. If you choose to pay in cash, you can pay in three currencies, Euros, Polish zloty (PLN), or United States dollars (USD), but keep in mind that even if you pay in one of the two foreign currencies, you might be given change in zloty. As of July 2019, 1 EUR = 4.25 PLN.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Morasko Meteorite Nature Reserve. One of just two such places to be found in Europe, Morasko is a nature reserve dedicated to a meteor crater (or, to be more precise, seven of them). Scientists think that the impact happened about 5,000 years ago; several extremely heavy fragments of the meteorite have been found in the crater lakes. A place of otherworldly feel, the site is located just 12km (7.4 miles) north of Poznan city center.
- Kornik. The small town of Kornik is best known for its impressive 14th Century castle. Built in a Gothic Revival style, its arches were also inspired by the Islamic art of India. Nowadays, the castle houses a museum and library and is surrounded by Kórnik Arboretum, a beautiful green area of large alleys and many unique tree and shrub species. Located just 25km (16 miles) southeast of Poznan, Kornik can be reached in about 25 minutes.
- Wielkopolski National Park. Made up glacial lakes and thick woodlands and inhabited by many different species of fauna and flora, Wielkopolski is a great place to escape the business of the city. It’s near, too - Jeziory, where the park’s headquarters is located, is just 18km (11.1 miles) southwest of Poznan and can be reached in about 20 minutes by car, making it a perfect day-trip destination.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Poznan is the VW Golf, but many travelers also go for the Seat Ibiza and the Toyota Aygo. The most popular rental car types are compact, economy, and mini.
- The Baltic Sea. Poland might not be famous as a beach destination, but you shouldn’t miss the chance to see its extensive coastline. From modern coastal cities to impressive wooden piers, high-quality spas, and remote fishing villages, it has plenty to offer. Warm and enjoyable in summer and picturesque in winter, the Baltic coast is easily reached, with its largest city, Gdansk, just 330km (205 miles) northeast of Poznan and other destinations on the coast even closer.
- Krakow. With perhaps the highest concentration of stunning churches and cathedrals in Europe, Krakow is a prime historic destination. Take your time walking through its squares, medieval streets, and along River Vistula. Then get in your rental car and visit the salt mines in Wieliczka or go for the summits of the nearby Tatra Mountains. Located 465km (289 miles) southeast of Poznan, Krakow can be reached in about five hours.
- Berlin. Fun, charming, and way more affordable than London or Paris, the capital city of Germany remains one of the best travel destinations in Europe. Famous for its eclectic architecture, unique neighborhoods, world-class museums, and relaxed way of life, you shouldn’t miss your chance to visit, especially since Berlin is just 270km (167 miles) west of Poznan and can be reached in about three hours. To make this trip, you’d have to cross an international border between Poznan and Berlin, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit this.
Car Rental Prices in Poznan
- Station wagons - from $40 per day
- Large cars - from $62 per day
- Medium cars - from $36 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $92 per day
- Premium cars - from $128 per day
- Small cars - from $27 per day
- SUVs - from $73 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
Try these simple tips to get a great rental car in Poznan:
- Compare the rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Poznan is the cheapest in January when renting a car is about 64% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 18 Cities near Poznan
Warsaw Car Rentals from $19.23 per day282.3 km / 175.4 miles away
Krakow Car Rentals from $19.14 per day331.9 km / 206.2 miles away
Gdansk Car Rentals from $22.98 per day246.6 km / 153.2 miles away
Wroclaw Car Rentals from $23.86 per day146.5 km / 91.1 miles away
Katowice Car Rentals from $33.06 per day283.7 km / 176.3 miles away
Rzeszow Car Rentals from $24.25 per day443.0 km / 275.3 miles away
Lodz Car Rentals from $24.26 per day192.0 km / 119.3 miles away
Bydgoszcz Car Rentals from $22.74 per day107.9 km / 67.0 miles away
Lublin Car Rentals from $30.90 per day425.1 km / 264.2 miles away
Szczecin Car Rentals from $24.26 per day182.7 km / 113.5 miles away
Bielsko-Biala Car Rentals from $12.30 per day327.7 km / 203.6 miles away
Czestochowa Car Rentals from $27.06 per day238.9 km / 148.5 miles away
Elblag Car Rentals from $22.98 per day257.8 km / 160.2 miles away
Opole Car Rentals from $23.86 per day209.4 km / 130.1 miles away
Olsztyn Car Rentals from $24.77 per day300.2 km / 186.6 miles away
Walbrzych Car Rentals from $24.77 per day185.7 km / 115.4 miles away
Kielce Car Rentals from $27.06 per day314.1 km / 195.2 miles away
Stalowa Wola Car Rentals from $68.94 per day415.2 km / 258.0 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Poznan
Poznan Train Station Car Rentals from $22.74 per day0.8 km / 0.5 miles away
Poznan Airport Car Rentals from $22.74 per day5.3 km / 3.3 miles away
Bydgoszcz Airport Car Rentals from $22.74 per day106.1 km / 65.9 miles away
Wroclaw Airport Car Rentals from $23.86 per day144.3 km / 89.7 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $24.77 per day184.6 km / 114.7 miles away
Lodz Lublinek Airport Car Rentals from $24.26 per day186.7 km / 116.0 miles away
Szczecin Goleniow Airport Car Rentals from $24.26 per day187.7 km / 116.6 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $24.63 per day188.6 km / 117.2 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $23.86 per day205.6 km / 127.7 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $27.06 per day234.0 km / 145.4 miles away
Gdansk Airport Car Rentals from $22.98 per day243.2 km / 151.1 miles away
Gdansk Train Station Car Rentals from $22.98 per day246.3 km / 153.0 miles away
Warsaw Modlin Airport Car Rentals from $19.14 per day254.4 km / 158.1 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $22.98 per day256.4 km / 159.3 miles away
Katowice Airport Car Rentals from $14.54 per day262.1 km / 162.8 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $19.23 per day277.4 km / 172.3 miles away
Warsaw Airport Car Rentals from $19.43 per day277.8 km / 172.6 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $33.06 per day279.3 km / 173.5 miles away
Piaseczno Train Station Car Rentals from $109.92 per day282.3 km / 175.4 miles away
Olsztyn-Mazury Airport Car Rentals from $24.77 per day296.8 km / 184.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Poznan?
What’s the usual rental length in Poznan?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Poznan?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Global Rent a Car||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Tiguan||5||2||SUVs|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Jetta||4||2||Large cars|
|Global Rent a Car||Smart For Four||5||1||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf STW||5||2||Station wagons|
|Alamo||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 13 Suppliers in Poznan in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email