Car Rental in Lublin
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Lublin?
Lublin is a great city to visit. Historically important, it remains the home of many beautiful churches and castles. Travelers also love Lublin’s varied museums, traditional Polish restaurants, and many green spaces. The city can serve as a base for exploring the rest of southeast Poland, and with a rental car, even Warsaw and Krakow are easy to reach.
One-Way Car Rentals in Lublin
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Lublin and drop off in another city include:
- From Lublin to Warsaw - 79 offers from $32.20 per day
Top ways to enter Lublin
- Lublin Airport: A small and cozy international airport, it is expected to serve 500,000 travelers for the first time in its history in 2019. The airport hosts flights to and from Warsaw, as well as Belgium, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Norway, Ireland, and Israel. Located 17 km (10.5 miles) east of the city center and can be reached in about 20 minutes.
- Rzeszow Airport: Another small airport, Rzeszow-Jasionka handled about 770,000 travelers in 2018. The airport is served by five different airlines which mainly provide flights to and from Western Europe and holiday destinations in Southern Europe. Rzeszow Airport is 155 km (96 miles) south of Lublin and can be reached by car in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Warsaw Chopin Airport: By far the busiest in Poland, Warsaw Chopin Airport handled 17.7 million travelers in 2018. The airport is the main hub of LOT Polish Airlines and is served by around 30 other carriers. In addition to tens of European connections, the airport also hosts flights to and from the Middle East, East Asia, and North America. Located 180 km (112 miles) northwest of Lublin, Chopin Airport can be reached in about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Warsaw Modlin Airport: The smallest of the two airports serving the Polish capital, Warsaw-Modlin handles about three million travelers every year. More than 90% of all flights are provided by the low-cost carrier Ryanair. Located 215 km (133 miles) from Lublin, Modlin Airport can be reached in 2 hours and 50 minutes.
- By rail: If arriving in Lublin by train, you can pick up your rental car at the Lublin Main Railway Station (or Lublin Główny).
- Located far from the coast, Lublin has a humid continental climate with warm summers, cold winters, and four distinct seasons. The average high temperature is 23°C (74°F) in July with individual summer days getting significantly hotter and negative 1°C (31°F) in January. Precipitation is at its lowest in January and February but increases significantly from June to August.
- A historic center of trade and politics, Lublin was one of the largest cities of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, a 15th-17th-century state spreading from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea. Later, Lublin’s stature slightly decreased compared to other large Polish cities. However, over the last decades, Lublin has been reinventing itself as a hub of industry and finance and is often mentioned as one of the best places to live in Poland.
- In Poland, Lublin is often called the City of Festivals. The city is home to the Magicians Carnival l, the Night of Culture, the Jagiellonian Trades medieval fair, and many theater, music, cinema, and other festivals. Regardless of the time of your visit, it’s worth checking out what’s going on in the city - a fun festival will almost certainly be taking place.
Top destinations and activities
- Lublin Castle. A symbol of the city, Zamek Lubelski is often mentioned among the most beautiful castles in Poland. Built in the 12th century, it was the residence of High Duke Casimir II and, later, a number of other Polish kings. In the 14th century, the Chapel of the Holy Trinity, now the most famous part of the castle, was added. Heavily rebuilt in a neo-Gothic style in the 18th century, the castle continues to dominate the city skyline to this day.
- Lublin Underground Route. Lublin has plenty of old sites and well-preserved architecture, but a significant part of the historic life of the city was also happening under the street level. Lublin Underground Route lets tourists explore the old cellars, basements, and storehouses that were once crucial to the city's economy. To explore Lublin underground, you need to book a tour in advance, but the experience is worth it.
- Majdanek State Museum. A memorial dedicated to explaining the darkest chapter of Polish history, Majdanek State Museum is located at the site of Nazi Majdanek death camp. The experience is not for the faint of heart, but the museum does a great job in explaining the tragic events of the 1940s and their effect on the local Polish and Jewish communities.
- St. Stanislas Dominican Basilica and Monastery. The then-300-year-old St. Stanislas Basilica seemed to be lost forever when it was largely destroyed in a fire in 1575. But thanks to the efforts of local inhabitants, it was restored to its present form and proudly remains one of the most notable - and most visited - religious buildings in all of Eastern Poland.
Traffic and parking
- Poland drives on the right-hand side of the road.
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits in Poland are 40 km/h (87 mph) on motorways, 120 km/h (75 mph) on expressways with a dual carriageway, 100 km/h (62 mph) on expressways with a single carriageway, 90 km/h (56 mph) on all other urban roads, 60 km/h (37 mph) in urban and built-up areas at night, 50 km/h (31 mph) in urban and built-up areas during the day, and 20 km/h (12 mph) in residential areas.
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.02% for both experienced and novice drivers. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a license ban. Exceeding the limit of 0.05% is a criminal offense and can lead to up to 2 years imprisonment.
- Although not as big as Warsaw or Krakow, Gdansk is still a large, busy city with a lot of traffic. A lot of people who don’t live in Gdansk come to work from neighboring cities and towns every day. The evening rush hour generally last from 17.00 to 20.00 on working days.
- While the general quality of roads in Poland has improved immensely over the last two decades, some rural roads, especially in the northernmost, southernmost, and easternmost parts of the country, can still be in rather bad shape. It is a good idea to plan your route in advance and look up the roads you’ll be driving.
- Proof of insurance and the documentation of the car needs to be in it whenever you’re driving.
- When you are driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The emergency number in Poland, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are a number of toll roads in Poland. The nearest one to Gdansk is the toll road that connects Gdansk to the city of Torun.
Some roads use an open toll system while others use a closed toll system. In an open toll system, the payment is made upon entering the toll road. In a closed toll system, the driver will be given a printed ticket that will state the time and point of entry of the toll road; the toll fee will be calculated based on the distance driven and paid when exiting the road.
Payment can be made either in cash or by credit card. If you choose to pay in cash, you can pay in three currencies, Euros, Polish Zloty (PLN), or United States Dollars (USD), but keep in mind that even if you pay in one of the two foreign currencies, you might be given change in zloty. As of July 2019, 1 EUR = 4.25 PLN.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Zamość. A small town near the Ukrainian border, Zamość has some of the best-preserved renaissance architecture in Poland (and the rest of Eastern Europe). Attractions include the old Franciscan Church, the market square, and the impressive Zamość town hall, but everywhere you go, you’re likely to be impressed - all of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After seeing Zamość, you can also visit the nearby Roztocze National Park. Located 87 km (54 miles) southeast of Lublin, the city can be reached in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Polesie National Park. Eastern Poland is known for its vast wilderness areas, and while the most famous of them is Bialowieza (more on that below), others can be found significantly closer to Lublin. Located just an hour’s drive to the northeast, Polesie National Park is made up of forests, bogs, lakes, and a variety of plant and animal life, making this one of the nicest day trips in the area.
- Rzeszow. Another picturesque city with an interesting past, Rzeszow is known as the home of two impressive synagogues. Known as the Old Town Synagogue and the New Town Synagogue, they no longer fulfill their original functions but remain important historic monuments. Other attractions include the two Lubomirski palaces and the Wanda Siemaszkowa Theater, also known as the Falcon Building. Located 160 km (100 miles) southwest of Lublin, Rzeszow can be reached in 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Warsaw. Youthful and dynamic, Poland’s eclectic capital has something for everyone. Some travelers go for the architecture of Śródmieście, others can’t get enough of the iconic milk bars, and everyone agrees the city’s diverse museum scene is awesome. Whatever your reason for a visit, you’re in for an adventure. Located 180 km (112 miles) northwest of Lublin, Warsaw can be reached in about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Most popular cars
The most popular rental car in Lublin is the Toyota Corolla, closely followed by the Skoda Octavia and Toyota Yaris. The most popular rental car types are economy, compact, and intermediate.
- Białowieża National Park. A vast protected area spanning the border between Poland and Belarus, Białowieża in the last primeval forest in Europe. The national park, located on the Polish side of the border, is home to a large number of walking and cycling routes that let you experience the park’s amazing biodiversity. Białowieża is home to a large number of ancient oaks, the European bison, wolves, lynx, moose, deer, and other animal species. Located 250 km (155 miles) northeast of Lublin, the national park can be reached in 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Zakopane. A town that’s more than 1,100 m (3,600 ft) above sea level, Zakopane is the gateway to the stunning Tatra mountains. In wintertime, Zakopane is Poland’s main winter sports resort, but just as many travelers come to hike, climb, and boulder in the summer. The city itself also has a number of attractions, like the Tatra Museum and the beautiful Lake Morskie Oko. Located 410 km (255 miles) southwest of Lublin, Zakopane can be reached in about 5 hours and 30 minutes.
- Slovakia. Located south of Poland, the small landlocked country has been growing in stature as a tourist destination. Slovakia’s number one attraction is its nature, including even higher mountains than on the Polish side of the border and the Slovak Karst National Park made up of otherworldly caves. You shouldn’t ignore its cities, either - beautiful Kosice is 360 km (224 miles) south of Lublin and can be reached in about five hours. From there, it’s easy to see the rest of the country, including the capital, Bratislava. To go from Poland to Slovakia, you’ll have to cross an international border, so ask your rental provider in advance if they permit it.
Car Rental Prices in Lublin
- Station wagons - from $48 per day
- Large cars - from $78 per day
- Medium cars - from $41 per day
- Vans - from $82 per day
- Premium cars - from $94 per day
- Small cars - from $33 per day
- SUVs - from $57 per day
Increase your chances of getting a great rental car by keeping these tips in mind:
- Compare the rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Lublin is the cheapest in July when renting a car is about 46% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 19 Cities near Lublin
Warsaw Car Rentals from $19.04 per day153.4 km / 95.3 miles away
Krakow Car Rentals from $618.31 per day228.5 km / 142.0 miles away
Wroclaw Car Rentals from $19.04 per day387.0 km / 240.5 miles away
Gdansk Car Rentals from $18.58 per day434.6 km / 270.1 miles away
273.1 km / 169.7 miles away
Poznan Car Rentals from $19.04 per day405.8 km / 252.1 miles away
Rzeszow Car Rentals from $19.04 per day139.8 km / 86.8 miles away
Lodz Car Rentals from $19.04 per day219.7 km / 136.5 miles away
Szczecin Car Rentals from $19.04 per day587.0 km / 364.8 miles away
374.6 km / 232.8 miles away
Olsztyn Car Rentals from $19.04 per day311.4 km / 193.5 miles away
Bielsko-Biala Car Rentals from $46.55 per day294.6 km / 183.1 miles away
Czestochowa Car Rentals from $29.03 per day245.5 km / 152.6 miles away
Kielce Car Rentals from $29.03 per day141.5 km / 88.0 miles away
Stalowa Wola Car Rentals from $77.88 per day82.1 km / 51.0 miles away
Elblag Car Rentals from $18.58 per day387.7 km / 240.9 miles away
285.6 km / 177.5 miles away
477.2 km / 296.5 miles away
217.6 km / 135.2 miles away
Top 17 Locations near Lublin
Lublin Airport Car Rentals from $17.99 per day10.4 km / 6.4 miles away
Rzeszów–Jasionka Airport Car Rentals from $7.35 per day132.1 km / 82.1 miles away
Warsaw Airport Car Rentals from $5.50 per day150.3 km / 93.4 miles away
Warsaw-Modlin Airport Car Rentals from $7.18 per day187.6 km / 116.6 miles away
Lodz Kaliska Train Station Car Rentals from $32.50 per day224.4 km / 139.4 miles away
Lodz Lublinek Airport Car Rentals from $12.72 per day225.6 km / 140.2 miles away
Kraków Train Station Car Rentals from $19.04 per day226.3 km / 140.6 miles away
Krakow Airport Car Rentals from $6.67 per day235.2 km / 146.1 miles away
Katowice Airport Car Rentals from $7.03 per day259.3 km / 161.1 miles away
Olsztyn-Mazury Airport Car Rentals from $19.04 per day272.4 km / 169.3 miles away
Car Rentals from $79.82 per day293.2 km / 182.2 miles away
Bydgoszcz Airport Car Rentals from $19.04 per day374.4 km / 232.6 miles away
Wroclaw Airport Car Rentals from $8.78 per day396.2 km / 246.2 miles away
Poznan Train Station Car Rentals from $19.04 per day409.2 km / 254.3 miles away
Poznan–Lawica Airport Car Rentals from $12.77 per day415.2 km / 258.0 miles away
Gdansk Airport Car Rentals from $10.35 per day443.9 km / 275.8 miles away
Szczecin Goleniow Airport Car Rentals from $19.17 per day580.8 km / 360.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Lublin?
What’s the usual rental length in Lublin?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Lublin?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Carwiz||Skoda Fabia||4||1||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
|Carwiz||Volkswagen Up||5||1||Small cars|
|PANEK||Kia Ceed||5||2||Medium cars|
|Carwiz||Seat Leon STW||5||2||Station wagons|
|Rentis||Volkswagen Golf||5||4||Medium cars|
|Carwiz||Toyota Aygo||4||1||Small cars|
|PANEK||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|