Car Rental in Poland
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Poland?
It is a great idea to get a rental car in Poland. It has a wide variety of attractions, from historic landmarks and medieval cities to impressive mountains and unique nature areas. The roads are in increasingly better shape, too. Come and explore this up-and-coming European travel destination!
If you want to know more about renting a car in Poland, don't miss our complete guide.
One-way Car Rentals in Poland
Here are the most popular one-way rental options for pickup in Poland and drop off in another country:
- From Poland to Germany - 495 offers from US$ 10120.26 per day
- From Poland to United Kingdom - 288 offers from US$ 10120.26 per day
- From Poland to Netherlands - 54 offers from US$ 10239.36 per day
- From Poland to Belgium - 36 offers from US$ 10239.36 per day
- From Poland to France - 45 offers from US$ 10120.26 per day
Top ways to enter Poland
- Warsaw Chopin Airport: Poland’s largest international airport serves flights to and from most countries in Europe, as well as destinations in Asia, North America, and Africa
- Krakow Airport: Poland’s second most busy international airport is popular with low-cost carriers like Wizz Air and Ryanair, and is an entry point for Southern Poland.
- Gdansk Airport: Flying to Gdansk is a great way to reach the Tricity Area and Poland’s Baltic Sea Coast.
- By land: It is also possible to rent a car in a neighboring country and then drive to Poland. Some large cities with international airports near Poland are Berlin in Germany, Prague in the Czech Republic, and Vilnius in Lithuania.
Top cities and places to visit
- Warsaw: Almost completely rebuilt after World War II, Poland’s capital city nowadays is modern, busy, and offers countless cultural activities.
- Krakow: Very few cities can rival Krakow in terms of history, classical architecture, and the amount of impressive churches.
- Białowieża: The great national park in the northeast of the country is one of the remaining primeval forests in Europe and home to wildlife like European bison, wolf, moose, lynx, and hundreds of other species.
- The Tatras: The highest part of the Carpathian Mountains, the Tatra range in Southeast Poland is both wild and serene.
- Baltic Coast: More than 500 km long, Poland’s Baltic shore is home to distinct coastal cultures and the beautiful port city of Gdansk.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Poland is the Fiat 500. The Opel Astra and the Ford Fiesta are second and third.
Driver license requirements
- Poland recognizes valid foreign driver’s licenses that are written in a Latin alphabet and if you’re visiting for a period of shorter than six months. If you’re staying for longer or are living in Poland permanently, you need to acquire a local driver’s license.
- If your driver’s license is printed in a non-Latin alphabet (Cyrillic, Arabic, etc.), you’ll need an International Driving Permit (IDP).
- Similarly, if your driver’s license doesn’t show your photograph, you might be required to have an IDP.
- Even if you have an IDP, you must also carry your original driver’s license as you will be required to present both.
- You must carry your driver’s license, not a copy, with you at all times.
- You need to have had your driver’s license for at least two years.
- Some rental car suppliers charge a young driver fee for drivers between the ages of 22 and 25 and a senior driver fee for drivers over the age of 65.
- There may be additional requirements depending on the car supplier and category, so make sure to check the rental conditions before booking.
Poland shares a border with Belarus, Ukraine, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Russia (the Kaliningrad exclave), and Lithuania. Poland is a member of the Schengen Area, and so are Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Germany, and Poland. If you’ll need a Schengen visa to visit Poland, you’ll also be able to visit these four other countries.
Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia are not members of the Schengen Area. Each of these countries has its own visa policy, so you may or may not need a visa to enter them, depending on your citizenship. If you plan to visit one of these Poland’s neighbors during your rental period, we strongly advise you to get in touch with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs in advance to find out about the visa requirements.
Some car rental providers allow you to cross national borders and even drop off your car in a different country, while others don’t. If you’d like to cross a national border during your rental period, make sure to check the terms and conditions before booking a car. Learn more about cross-border rentals in our FAQ section.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car type in Poland is an Economy, but Compact and Mini are also popular choices.
Top driving routes
- Szczecin. While Gdansk is Poland’s most popular coastal destination (and for a good reason — it’s a lovely city with lots to do), Szczecin at the other end of Poland’s Baltic coastline shouldn’t be overlooked. The capital of the historic Pomerania region, it is known for its recently restored Old Town, promenade along the Oder River, and Pomeranian Dukes Castle. Accessible road trips from Szczecin include Wolin Island, Szczecin Lagoon Nature Park, and, naturally, beaches.
- Poznan. Often named Poland’s most liveable city, Poznan is attractive for locals and visitors alike. Located in the central-west portion of the country on the road between Warsaw and Berlin, it has long been famous for its trading prowess, a fact exemplified by its merchants and craftsmen districts, beautiful town hall, and Stary Rynek or the Old Market Square, one of the most impressive in Europe. Wielkopolski National Park, known for its beautiful lakes, is just a short drive from the city.
- Lower Silesia. A large and distinct cultural region with a strong German vibe to it, Lower Silesia is one of the most interesting parts of Poland. Highlights include the sophisticated university city of Wroclaw, as well as many spa towns, two national parks, industrial heritage, and Jawor and Swidnica Peace churches which have both been named world heritage sites.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $41 per day
- Large cars - from $56 per day
- Medium cars - from $37 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $94 per day
- Premium cars - from $101 per day
- Small cars - from $29 per day
- SUVs - from $66 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Poland:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Poland is the cheapest in January when renting a car is about 28% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 14 Most Popular Cities in Poland
Car Rental in Warsaw from $8.92 per day
Car Rental in Krakow from $8.92 per day
Car Rental in Katowice from $8.92 per day
Car Rental in Gdansk from $11.60 per day
Car Rental in Poznan from $8.92 per day
Car Rental in Wroclaw from $8.52 per day
Car Rental in Rzeszow from $8.52 per day
Car Rental in Lodz from $14.94 per day
Car Rental in Szczecin from $14.94 per day
Car Rental in Bydgoszcz from $14.94 per day
Car Rental in Lublin from $14.94 per day
Car Rental in Bielsko-Biala from $18.24 per day
Car Rental in Olsztyn from $14.94 per day
Top 19 Most Popular Locations in Poland
Car Rental at Warsaw Airport from $8.92 per day
Car Rental at Krakow Airport from $8.92 per day
Car Rental at Warsaw Modlin Airport from $8.92 per day
Car Rental at Kraków Train Station from $11.60 per day
Car Rental at Katowice Airport from $8.92 per day
Car Rental at Gdansk Airport from $8.92 per day
Car Rental at Wroclaw Airport from $8.52 per day
Car Rental at Poznan Airport from $8.92 per day
Car Rental at Rzeszów Airport from $8.52 per day
Car Rental at Poznan Train Station from $21.16 per day
Car Rental at Szczecin Goleniow Airport from $14.94 per day
Car Rental at Lodz Lublinek Airport from $14.94 per day
Car Rental at Bydgoszcz Airport from $14.94 per day
Car Rental at Lublin Airport from $14.94 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Poland?
What’s the average rental length in Poland?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Poland?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Global Rent a Car||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Golf STW||5||2||Station wagons|
|Global Rent a Car||Smart For Four||5||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Fiat 500||2||1||Small cars|
|Global Rent a Car||VW Tiguan||5||2||SUVs|
|Carwiz||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
|Carwiz||Volkswagen Up||5||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Mazda 2||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.