Car Rental in Czech Republic
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Czech Republic?
Located in the center of Europe, Czech Republic, or Czechia, is a great country to travel around by car. It’s capital, Prague, is often called one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, but it is also a joy to explore the mountains, forests, winter resorts, famous vineyards, and charming little towns both in the east and the west of the country.
One-way Car Rentals in Czech Republic
Here are the most popular one-way rental options for pickup in Czech Republic and drop off in another country:
- From Czech Republic to Poland - 53 offers from $89.57 per day
- From Czech Republic to Germany - 60 offers from $85.38 per day
- From Czech Republic to Slovakia - 13 offers from $78.46 per day
- From Czech Republic to Hungary - 19 offers from $89.72 per day
- From Czech Republic to Austria - 13 offers from $86.88 per day
Top ways to enter Czech Republic
- Prague Airport: Czech Republic’s largest international airport.
- Brno Airport: Although much smaller than Prague Airport, this international airport hosts flights to and from such big European destinations as Munich, London, and Milan.
- By land: It is possible to rent a car in a neighboring country and then drive to Czech Republic. Large cities with international airports near Czech Republic include Krakow and Wroclaw in Poland, Vienna in Austria, and Berlin and Munich in Germany.
Top cities and places to visit
- Prague. As famous as the country itself, Prague is one of the most visited cities in all of Europe. History, culture, and landmarks can be found every step of the way, but Prague is also a contemporary culture and arts hub. In addition to being a stunning destination itself, the capital can serve as a hub for exploring the historical Bohemia region that surrounds it.
- Brno. Located in the southeastern corner of the country, Czech Republic’s second city is one of the country’s finest attractions. A lively place known for its many universities, Brno also boasts an impressive historical center and many landmarks such as the Capuchin Monastery and Tugendhat Villa, as well as vast green spaces in the heart of the city.
- Karlovy Vary. Also known by its German name, Carlsbad, this scenic northwestern town is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. Best known for the health properties of its mineral springs and many spas, Karlovy Vary is also home to some of the nicest historical architecture in the country, especially in the old town and around the riverfront.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Czech Republic is the VW Golf, but the VW Polo and the Skoda Fabia are also popular choices.
Driver's license requirements
- Czech Republic accepts all driver licenses issued in the European Union (EU).
- If your driver license is issued by a non-EU country, for it to be considered valid you’ll need a Czech visa. Another requirement is to have been in the EU for no more than six months at the time of the rental. If you’ve been in the EU longer, you’ll need a driver license issued by an EU country.
- If your driver license is printed in a non-Latin alphabet (Cyrillic, Arabic, etc.), you’ll need an International Driving Permit (IDP/IDL) or an official translation of your license into English or German.
- You must carry your driver’s license, not its copy, with you at all times.
- You need to have had your driver license for at least one or two years, depending on the car provider’s requirements.
- There may be additional requirements depending on the car provider and car category, so make sure to check the terms and conditions before booking.
Czech Republic is bordered by Germany, Poland, Slovakia, and Austria. It is a member of Schengen Area and so are all of its neighboring countries.If you’re not an EU citizen, you’ll need a Schengen visa to visit the Czech Republic. With a Schengen visa you can also cross the border to any of the Czech Republic’s neighbors.
Some car rental providers allow you to cross national borders and even drop off your car in a different country, while others don’t. If you’d like to cross a national border during your rental period, make sure to check the terms and conditions before booking a car. Learn more about cross-border rentals in our Help Center.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular car type in Czech Republic is Economy, but Compact and Mini are also chosen very often.
Top driving routes
- Vysočina. Located in the south-central part of the country, the Czech Highlands is one of the most interesting regions of the country. The capital, Jihlava, is known for its long network of underground corridors now turned into a tourist attraction, but the real beauty of this region is in its hilly landscapes.
- North Moravia. Better known for its industrial capital, Ostrava, than its touristic virtues, this northeastern region is among the most underrated in the country — if you want to get off the tourist path, this is the right place to go. Start at the city of Olomouc which boasts a UNESCO World Heritage site and is generally one of the most distinct in the country — its atmosphere has something Transylvanian about it. Then, continue to the region’s nature, which is arguably the wildest in all of the country.
- Šumava National Park. Located in the southwest of the country, on the border with Germany and near Austria, Šumava is one of the most scenic protected areas in the country. Characterized by highland lakes, bogs, and patches of primeval forest surrounded by more recent growths, Šumava is about two and a half hours from Prague.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $176 per day
- Large cars - from $265 per day
- Medium cars - from $117 per day
- Vans - from $345 per day
- Premium cars - from $125 per day
- Small cars - from $101 per day
- SUVs - from $125 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in the Czech Republic:
- Compare rates
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
Top 4 Most Popular Cities in Czech Republic
Car Rental in Prague from $17.35 per day
Car Rental in Brno from $18.50 per day
Car Rental in Ostrava from $33.17 per day
Top 5 Most Popular Locations in Czech Republic
Car Rental at Prague Airport from $17.35 per day
Car Rental at Brno–Tuřany Airport from $18.50 per day
Car Rental at Ostrava Airport from $33.17 per day
Car Rental at Ostrava-Svinov Train Station from $30.14 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Czech Republic?
What’s the average rental length in Czech Republic?
What's the most popular time of year to rent a car in Czech Republic?
Car Rental Information
|Car rental locations||11|
|Popular suppliers||RENT PLUS, NUCarrentals, Carwiz, RightCars, WheeGo|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, Station wagons, SUVs|
|Lowest price||$17 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|NUCarrentals||Skoda Fabia STW||4||4||Station wagons|
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Up||2||1||Small cars|
|NUCarrentals||Volkswagen Golf||4||2||Medium cars|
|Carwiz||Skoda Scala||5||2||Medium cars|
|RightCars||Skoda Fabia||5||3||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.