Car Rental Czech Republic
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Czech Republic?
Located in the center of Europe, Czech Republic, or Czechia, is a great country to travel around by car. It’s capital, Prague, is often called one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, but it is also a joy to explore the mountains, forests, winter resorts, famous vineyards, and charming little towns both in the east and the west of the country.
Top ways to enter Czech Republic
- Prague Airport: Czech Republic’s largest international airport.
- Brno Airport: Although much smaller than Prague Airport, this international airport hosts flights to and from such big European destinations as Munich, London, and Milan.
- By land: It is possible to rent a car in a neighboring country and then drive to Czech Republic. Large cities with international airports near Czech Republic include Krakow and Wroclaw in Poland, Vienna in Austria, and Berlin and Munich in Germany.
Top cities and places to visit
- Prague: One of Europe’s most visited capitals, Prague is fun, beautiful, and full of historical attractions.
- Brno: Czech Republic’s second city is home to an attractive old town, impressive cathedrals, and interesting museums.
- Karlovy Vary: Named after the bath of King Charles IV, this Bohemian town is home to countless thermal springs and great spas, as well as a highly-regarded international film festival.
- Bohemia: From river valleys to extinct volcanoes and highest mountains in the land, this historic region of Czech Republic is as wild and picturesque as it is hospitable.
- Moravia: The eastern part of Czech Republic is to be explored at a leisurely pace, enjoying the atmosphere of little towns and countryside communities where you can sample delicious brandy and wine.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Czech Republic is the VW Golf, but the VW Polo and the Skoda Fabia are also popular choices.
Driver license requirements
- Czech Republic accepts all driver licenses issued in the European Union (EU).
- If your driver license is issued by a non-EU country, for it to be considered valid you’ll need a Czech visa. Another requirement is to have been in the EU for no more than six months at the time of the rental. If you’ve been in the EU longer, you’ll need a driver license issued by an EU country.
- If your driver license is printed in a non-Latin alphabet (Cyrillic, Arabic, etc.), you’ll need an International Driving Permit (IDP/IDL) or an official translation of your license into English or German.
- You must carry your driver’s license, not its copy, with you at all times.
- You need to have had your driver license for at least one or two years, depending on the car provider’s requirements.
- There may be additional requirements depending on the car provider and car category, so make sure to check the terms and conditions before booking.
Czech Republic is bordered by Germany, Poland, Slovakia, and Austria. It is a member of Schengen Area and so are all of its neighboring countries.If you’re not an EU citizen, you’ll need a Schengen visa to visit the Czech Republic. With a Schengen visa you can also cross the border to any of the Czech Republic’s neighbors.
Some car rental providers allow you to cross national borders and even drop off your car in a different country, while others don’t. If you’d like to cross a national border during your rental period, make sure to check the terms and conditions before booking a car. Learn more about cross-border rentals in our FAQ section.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular car type in Czech Republic is Economy, but Compact and Mini are also chosen very often.
Top driving routes
- Prague–Brno (205 km / 127 mi) Traveling between the Czech Republic’s two largest cities is fast and convenient. If you’re feeling adventurous, you might want to make a small detour on the way to visit the town of Jihlava and its famous underground corridors.
- Prague–Vienna (333 km / 207 mi) From one iconic capital to other, you can leave Prague in the morning and be in Vienna by noon, which makes this a great day-trip or a weekend getaway. Note that you’ll have to cross the national border with Austria, so check with your car rental provider first to make sure they allow it.
- Prague–Ostrava (371 km / 230 mi) This drive will take you from the west to the very northeast of the country (or vice versa). Thanks to good road conditions, you can travel the distance in less than four hours, but you might want to take time to explore Brno or some of the smaller towns on the way.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $84 per day
- Large cars - from $83 per day
- Medium cars - from $58 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $162 per day
- Premium cars - from $172 per day
- Small cars - from $43 per day
- SUVs - from $143 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in the Czech Republic:
- Compare rates
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
Top 8 Most Popular Locations in Czech Republic
Car Rental at Prague Airport from $10.59 per day
Car Rental at Brno–Tuřany Airport from $11.66 per day
Car Rental at Ostrava Airport from $11.66 per day
Car Rental at Karlovy Vary Airport from $55.42 per day
Car Rental at Prague, Downtown from $14.62 per day
Car Rental at Ostrava-Svinov Train Station from $79.01 per day
Car Rental at Brno, Downtown from $43.69 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Czech Republic?
What’s the average rental length in Czech Republic?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Czech Republic?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|NuCarrentals||VW Golf||4||2||Medium cars|
|NuCarrentals||Dacia Logan||4||2||Small cars|
|NuCarrentals||VW Up||2||1||Small cars|
|NuCarrentals||VW Polo||4||2||Small cars|
|NuCarrentals||Skoda Fabia Combi||4||4||Station wagons|
|NuCarrentals||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|NuCarrentals||VW GOLF||4||1||Large cars|
|GreenMotion||Ford Fiesta||4||1||Small cars|
|NuCarrentals||VW Up||2||1||Small cars|
|NuCarrentals||VW Golf STW||5||4||Station wagons|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 6 Suppliers for Czech Republic in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email