Car Hire at Split Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
The second-most-populous Croatian city, Split is a true Adriatic metropolis and tourist hub. The capital city of the historic Dalmatia region, it is as famous for its idyllic beaches as it is for magnificent history and architecture. Whether you spend days exploring all that Split has to offer or use the city as the base to travel to nearby islands and nature attractions, you’re all but guaranteed to have a good time. Here’s our pick of attractions in and around Split:
- Diocletian’s Palace. Named after the Roman emperor who ordered it to be built in the 4th century, it is not a single palace, but rather an architectural complex and embodiment of Split’s glorious history. History lovers will marvel at Jupiter’s Temple or the Egyptian Sphinxes which were sent to the emperor while fans of the Game of Thrones will recognize many sights that appeared in the series. The main attraction of the city, Diocletian’s Palace can be quite crowded with visitors — especially during the summer months — but the experience is, nonetheless, worth it.
- Beaches. There are plenty of amazing beaches in Dalmatia, and while you can find relatively empty and wild coastal stretches by driving up or down the coast, you don’t need to leave the city to visit other less secluded, but equally idyllic, spots. Popular with visitors and locals alike, beaches like Bene, Bačvice, Kašjuni, and Žnjan are all within a very short drive of the city centre.
- Šibenik. If you ever grow tired of all the unstoppable energy, busy sites, and crazy nightlife of Split, the town of Šibenik is the right place to recharge your batteries. Similar to Split in many ways, only smaller and calmer, it is great for a leisurely stroll among its cathedrals and palaces or a visit to one of its waterfront restaurants. Should you decide you miss Split, after all, you can easily turn back — it’s still waiting for you only an hour’s drive to the east.
- Makarska. Famous for its outstanding beaches, the resort town of Makarska offers so much more to do than just lying on the beach and soaking up the sun (although there’s that, too). The right place for those who are yearning for something more active, it offers parasailing, scuba diving, whitewater rafting, hiking in the nearby Biokovo Mountains, and plenty of other challenging entertainment. Located just 88 km (54 miles) from Split near the border with Montenegro, Makarska takes one hour to reach by car.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 28 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 39 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 18 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 60 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 84 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 12 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 33 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Dubrovnik (241 km / 149 mi). Considered to be one of the most picturesque places on the Adriatic Sea, the whole of the city of Dubrovnik has the status of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A place of truly special atmosphere, it is home to a beautiful old town and impressive city walls.
- Zagreb (381 km / 236 mi). The capital city, Zagreb is located in the northwestern part of the country and has a very different atmosphere than the coastal cities of Croatia - it is more Central European than Mediterranean in character. Zagreb boasts a well-preserved architecture and many interesting museums.
- Pula (491 km / 305 mi). Pula is the capital of Istria, a peninsula and a unique historic region home to both Croatian and Italian influences. In addition to many beautiful beaches, the region also has an impressive Roman amphitheater and the scenic islands of Brijuni.
- Venice (615 km / 382 mi). One of the most famous cities in Europe (and, indeed, the world), Venice is a destination like no other. Although it’s best explored on foot or by gondola, you can drive to mainland Venice, park your car there, and head to discover the many world-famous landmarks that the sinking city can offer. To go from Split to Venice, you’ll have to cross two international borders, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Zadar (129 km / 80 mi). Located in Northern Dalmatia just a short ride from Pula, Zadar is another picturesque coastal town that blends impressive history and beautiful architecture with many amazing beaches.
- Sarajevo (255 km / 158 mi). The capital of neighboring Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo suffered heavily during the war in the 1990s, but has since reinvented itself as a safe and fascinating travel destination. The mountainous city is home to varied religious architecture, unique atmosphere and impressive nearby nature areas. Before going, make sure your rental car provider permits it. Also, check whether you need a visa to enter Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Split Airport (SPU)
- IATA: SPU
- ICAO: LDSP
- Name: Split Airport (SPU)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Passengers (per year): 2,818,176
- Distance from the city centre: 15.5 miles / 25 km NW of town
- Phone: +385 21 203506
Top 13 Destinations around Split Airport
Split Delivery within city limits starting at £ 16.54 per day1.8 km / 1.1 miles away
Zadar Airport starting at £ 4.82 per day112.5 km / 69.9 miles away
Zadar Port starting at £ 4.82 per day120.9 km / 75.1 miles away
Zadar Delivery within city limits starting at £ 16.54 per day121.3 km / 75.4 miles away
Dubrovnik Delivery within city limits starting at £ 16.54 per day162.4 km / 100.9 miles away
Dubrovnik Aci Marina starting at £ 16.54 per day163.2 km / 101.4 miles away
Dubrovnik Airport starting at £ 2.58 per day179.8 km / 111.7 miles away
Zagreb Airport starting at £ 3.71 per day251.1 km / 156.0 miles away
Pula Airport starting at £ 4.82 per day255.2 km / 158.6 miles away
Pula Delivery within city limits starting at £ 16.54 per day258.1 km / 160.4 miles away
Zagreb Hotel Slisko starting at £ 15.95 per day258.5 km / 160.6 miles away
Zagreb Esplanade Hotel starting at £ 9.21 per day259.0 km / 160.9 miles away
Zagreb Delivery within city limits starting at £ 16.54 per day259.4 km / 161.2 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Split Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Split Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Split Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|AddCar||Suzuki Swift||5||2||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||Opel Corsa||3||1||Small cars|
|Flizzr||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|RightCars||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||VW Up||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Goldcar||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Carwiz||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Small cars|
|Autounion||VW Polo||5||2||Small cars|