Car Rental at Manchester Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
A former industrial hotspot, Manchester has reinvented itself as a modern metropolis. As known for its distinct neighborhoods as it is for great museums, the city offers plenty for any curious traveler. Manchester is also near a surprising amount of beautiful natural areas that can be easily accessed with a car. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around this great northern city:
- Curry Mile. While not strictly living up to its name -— it is only about half a mile (or 800 m) long and has a lot more than just curry — visiting this stretch of the Wilmslow Road in the central Rusholme area can be one of the most interesting gastronomic adventures in all of Britain. Mainly known for offering the whole diversity of the food from the Indian subcontinent, the area has also become a hotspot of culinary delights from the Middle East. Manchester is home to one of the largest Chinatowns in Europe, and the city is also a dream destination for all East Asian food lovers.
- Imperial War Museum North. Opened in the 2000s and located in one of the most futuristic buildings of the city, the IWM North explores not just the conflicts that the United Kingdom has been involved in during the last couple of centuries but the wider societal and psychological consequences of these wars. Interactive and inventive, the museum has an impressive archive of written, artistic, audial, visual, and other sources arranged in a number of interesting exhibitions. Visit the museum’s website to learn more. The IVM North is in the Trafford area of Greater Manchester, about a 20-minute drive southwest of the city center.
- Lake District. A large nature area and a national park, the greenery of the Lake District holds a special place in the public imagination of British society. Consequently, the area can be quite busy, especially during the holiday season, but that shouldn’t stop you from making the 80-minute drive north. Characterized by scenic villages, equally impressive lakes, and a myriad of hiking routes, the area is a joy to explore.
Top international routes
- Palma de Mallorca
- Montego Bay Sangster Airport
It also takes just an hour to drive to either Peak District National Park or Liverpool.
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $84 per day
- Large cars - from $70 per day
- Medium cars - from $51 per day
- Small cars - from $32 per day
- SUVs - from $86 per day
Car rental desks
Green Motion, Easirent, Ace, Arnold Clark all have off-airport locations and provide sperate shuttle services for their customers.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- London (323 km / 201 mi)
- Liverpool (57 km / 36 mi)
- Bradford (82km / 51 miles)
- Preston (55km / 34 miles)
- Burnley (47km / 29 miles)
- Telford (125km / 78 miles)
- Shrewsbury (135km / 84 miles)
- Blackburn (43km / 27 miles)
- Bolton (20km / 13 miles)
- Lancaster (84km / 52 miles)
- Blackpool (92km / 57 miles)
- Barrow-in-Furness (172 km / 107 mi)
Manchester Airport (MAN)
- IATA: MAN
- ICAO: EGCC
- Name: Manchester Airport (MAN)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 203,631
- Passengers (per year): 27,791,274
- Distance from City: 8.7 miles / 14 km SW of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +44 (0) 161 489 3000
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Manchester Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Manchester Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Manchester Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||3||Medium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Vauxhall Zafira||4||2||People Carriers/Vans|
|Ace Rent a car||Citroen Berlingo||4||2||People Carriers/Vans|
|Ace Rent a car||Hyundai I10||3||2||Medium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Citroen C3||4||2||Medium cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Up||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.