Car Rental at London Heathrow Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
One of the most popular travel destinations in the world, London has enough landmarks and attractions to be explored for weeks. And London Heathrow has connections with cities all over the world. In particular, there are many cheap flights from New York City. But the other good thing about this metropolis is that it is near a number of interesting English destinations that can be easily visited on a day trip if you get a rental car. Here are three of them:
- Brighton. Arguably the most famous resort town in the United Kingdom, Brighton is a great place to visit. Even if you’re in England during the autumn or winter months, the city has plenty of reasons to visit. These include not only the beaches and the famous Brighton Pier, but also many historic streets and buildings, the lavish Royal Pavilion, the Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, and the Brighton Fishing Museum. Located some 130 km (80 miles) south of London, Brighton can be reached in less than two hours.
- Cambridge. Arguably one of the two most famous university cities in the world (its arch-rival Oxford is nearby and also worth a visit), Cambridge is a history lover's dream. Most of the city’s landmarks are unsurprisingly connected to education, such as the picturesque Queens’, Kings’, Trinity, and Jesus Colleges. Many of the Colleges also have museums and art galleries. Cambridge is 101 km (63 miles) north of London and can be reached in about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Suffolk. One of the largest counties in South England, Suffolk is also one of the most traditional and scenic ones. The region is known for its nature exemplified by the wild North Sea coast, as well as heaths and vales, but also has plenty of historic character, not least in the city of Bury St Edmunds known for its cathedral, market, and medieval ruins. The trip to the latter takes about two hours by car.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Those rental companies not located at the airport provide a shuttle service from the terminals to their locations.
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
If returning a car to Green Motion (and Ace, whose rentals are serviced by Green Motion), then a Shell station located on Holloway Lane, one block west of the Holiday Inn where Green Motion is located is the best station to fill up at. It is less than a mile away from the Holiday Inn.
If returning a car to Sixt’s location, you can conveniently fill up at the BP station that you must drive through anyway to reach the rental return gate.
Popular one-way rentals
- Cheltenham (156 km / 97 mi)
- Chesterfield (295 km / 161 mi)
- Brighton (104 km / 65 mi)
- Guernsey (310 km / 193 mi)
- Bromley (90 km / 56 mi)
- Loughborough (203 km / 126 mi)
- Poole (151 km / 94 mi)
- Weston-super-Mare (206 km / 128 mi)
- Gatwick Airport (61 km / 38 mi)
- Worthing (96 km / 60 mi)
- Basingstoke (55 km / 34 mi)
- Chelmsford (129 km / 80 mi)
- Portsmouth (105 km / 65 mi)
London Airport Heathrow (LHR)
- IATA: LHR
- ICAO: EGLL
- Name: London Airport Heathrow (LHR)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 475,783
- Passengers (per year): 78,047,278
- Distance from City: 13.7 miles / 22 km W of town
- Phone: +44 (0) 20 3368 8968
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 19 Locations near London Heathrow Airport
Car Rental at London Paddington Train Station from $45.80 per day
Car Rental in London Edgware Road from $76.74 per day0.5 km / 0.3 miles away
Car Rental at London Marylebone Train Station from $76.74 per day1.2 km / 0.7 miles away
Car Rental at London Mayfair from $93.44 per day2.0 km / 1.2 miles away
Car Rental at London Euston Train Station from $95.77 per day3.2 km / 2.0 miles away
Car Rental at London Shepherd’s Bush from $160.37 per day3.6 km / 2.2 miles away
Car Rental at London St Pancras Train Station from $50.76 per day3.9 km / 2.4 miles away
Car Rental at London Kings Cross Train Station from $50.76 per day4.3 km / 2.7 miles away
Car Rental at Waterloo Train Station from $92.00 per day4.7 km / 2.9 miles away
Car Rental in London Fulham from $95.03 per day4.7 km / 2.9 miles away
Car Rental at London Hammersmith Train Station from $61.03 per day4.8 km / 3.0 miles away
Car Rental at London Battersea Park Railway Station from $95.72 per day4.9 km / 3.0 miles away
Car Rental at London South Bank from $102.78 per day4.9 km / 3.1 miles away
Car Rental in London Cricklewood from $83.44 per day5.3 km / 3.3 miles away
Car Rental in London Kennington from $149.03 per day5.5 km / 3.4 miles away
Car Rental at London Lower Holloway from $171.53 per day5.7 km / 3.5 miles away
Car Rental at London Brent Park from $50.76 per day6.8 km / 4.3 miles away
Car Rental at London Tower Bridge from $130.66 per day7.1 km / 4.4 miles away
Car Rental in North Wembley from $94.32 per day11.1 km / 6.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at London Heathrow Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at London Heathrow Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at London Heathrow Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Surprice||Fiat 500||2||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Ford Fiesta||4||1||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|Hertz||Vauxhall Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.