Car Rental at Tanger Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located just across the Mediterranean from Spain, Tangier in Morocco has long captured the imaginations of foreign travelers. A busy industrial port but also a historical place with plenty of stories, it has lots to enjoy, especially if you’re ready to scratch beneath the surface. These are five of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Grand Mosque of Tangier. Also called the Friday Mosque, the main house of prayer in Tangier took 150 years to build and was finished in the early 19th century. The site's habitation dates back considerably earlier, however, as it used to be the location of an Ancient Roman site. Nowadays, its green-and-white facade and minaret are among the most recognizable landmarks of Tangier.
- Kasbah. The largest fortress of Tangier is a former royal residence known not just for its mighty walls but also for the garden that can be found inside them. Nowadays, parts of Kasbah have been turned into a museum that houses various antique and medieval artifacts. Thanks to its elevated location, the Kasbah offers great views of the city and the port below.
- Hercules Caves. The Hercules Caves in Tangier is a natural wonder and historical site located at the foot of Cape Spartel. These caves are famous for their striking geological formations and the legend that Hercules rested here after completing his 12 labors, giving the caves their name. Visitors can explore the caves, admire the impressive openings to the Atlantic Ocean, and learn about the rich mythology and history associated with this fascinating site.
- Grand Socco. The Grand Socco, known as Place du Grand 9 Avril 1947, is a bustling square in the heart of Tangier, Morocco. This historic square is a focal point for locals and tourists alike, serving as a hub for commerce, entertainment and cultural events, making it an essential stop for those looking to immerse themselves in the vibrant atmosphere of Tangier.
- Asilah. Also called Arzila, this coastal town is one of the most popular day trips from Tangier. Home to a small, well-preserved medina (or old town), Asilah is best known for the beautiful Atlantic beaches that surround it. Don’t miss out on the local fruit market or, if you’re visiting in August, the Asilah Festival that mixes Northern Moroccan traditions and art styles with contemporary influences. The drive from Tangier takes about 45 minutes.
Top international routes
- Madrid, Spain
- Barcelona, Spain
- Paris, France
- Brussels, Belgium
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Lisbon, Portugal
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $17 per day
- Large cars - from $15 per day
- Medium cars - from $9 per day
- Vans - from $16 per day
- Premium cars - from $32 per day
- Small cars - from $7 per day
- SUVs - from $19 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Marrakesh (575 km / 357 mi)
- Casablanca (338 km / 210 mi)
- Nador (403 km / 250 mi)
- Fes (399 km / 248 mi)
- Agadir (799 km / 496 mi)
- Essaouira (732 km / 455 mi)
- IATA: TNG
- ICAO: GMTT
- Name: Tangier Airport (TNG)
- Distance from city: 6.8 miles / 11 km
Top 16 Locations near Tanger Airport
Car Rental in Tangier (Downtown) from $17.43 per day11.6 km / 7.2 miles away
Car Rental at Rabat Airport from $11.97 per day201.3 km / 125.1 miles away
210.6 km / 130.9 miles away
Car Rental at Fes Airport from $7.00 per day217.7 km / 135.3 miles away
Car Rental at Nador Airport from $19.80 per day274.5 km / 170.6 miles away
Car Rental at Casa-Voyageurs Train Station from $12.73 per day282.7 km / 175.7 miles away
Car Rental at Casa-Port Train Station from $12.73 per day282.9 km / 175.8 miles away
Car Rental in Casablanca (Downtown) from $12.72 per day284.0 km / 176.5 miles away
Car Rental at Casablanca Hotel Club Val d’Anfa from $12.73 per day287.0 km / 178.3 miles away
Car Rental at Casablanca Airport from $6.29 per day303.8 km / 188.8 miles away
Car Rental at Oujda Airport from $19.80 per day377.3 km / 234.4 miles away
Car Rental in Marrakech (Downtown) from $9.59 per day494.4 km / 307.2 miles away
Car Rental at Marrakech Train Station from $12.73 per day495.3 km / 307.8 miles away
Car Rental at Marrakech Airport from $7.78 per day498.3 km / 309.6 miles away
Car Rental in Agadir (Downtown) from $11.00 per day682.7 km / 424.2 miles away
Car Rental at Agadir Airport from $10.22 per day683.3 km / 424.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Tanger Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Tanger Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Tanger Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||AirCar, United Rent A Car, Locationauto, Optimo Rent, DiRent|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Vans|
|Lowest price||$7 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||United Rent A Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|United Rent A Car||Dacia Sandero||5||2||Small cars|
|AirCar||Kia Picanto||4||1||Medium cars|
|Optimo Rent||Dacia Logan||5||3||Medium cars|
|United Rent A Car||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|Locationauto||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Locationauto||Chevrolet Spark||4||1||Small cars|
|Locationauto||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|AirCar||Dacia Lodgy Stepway||5||3||Vans|
|Locationauto||Dacia Sandero||4||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.