Car Rental Morocco
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Morocco?
Morocco is a great destination to travel around by car. The road network is an increasingly better shape, the regions are unique in culture and atmosphere, and the nature is varied, from the Atlantic and the Mediterranean coasts to Atlas Mountains and the Sahara desert. Having your own ride is the best way to experience it all.
Top ways to enter Morocco
- Marrakesh Airport: Serving Morocco’s most popular travel destination, Marrakesh Airport serves flights to and from many destinations in Europe and North Africa, and is popular with low-cost carriers like Ryanair and easyJet
- Casablanca Airport: Morocco’s most busy airport serves flights not only to and from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East, but also to many large cities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Tangier Airport: Located in Morocco’s northernmost city, Tangier Airport serves flights to and from such destinations as Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Barcelona, and many others.
- By land or sea: While most car providers won’t allow you to rent a car in Spain and then drive to Morocco, you can take a ferry from Tarifa or Algeciras in Spain to Morocco and rent a car after you’ve arrived in Tangier. Large airports in Spain near Tarifa or Algeciras are Malaga Airport and Seville Airport. It is currently not possible to enter Morocco from neighboring Algeria.
Top cities and places to visit
- Marrakesh: Ageless and beautiful, Marrakesh has been attracting visitors from all over the world for centuries, with its Medina and Jemaa el-Fnaa marketplace the most obvious attraction.
- The Atlantic Coast: Favored by rock stars such as Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, and the Rolling Stones, Western Morocco has the charming Essaouira and the busy Agadir, as well as some of the best surfing in Africa in the coastal region between the two cities
- Fez: Less busy, but more traditional than Marrakesh, Fez is an ancient learning center and the best place to dive into the atmosphere of the old Morocco.
- Atlas Mountains: Majestic in appearance and dotted with hospitable Berber villages, the Atlas Mountains are the best place in Morocco to escape the hustle and bustle of the big cities.
- The Sahara: Southern Morocco is where the world’s largest desert begins. Visiting Sahara is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and the oasis village of M’Hamid is perhaps the best place to start your desert explorations.
Most popular rental car
The most popular rental car in Morocco is the Hyundai i10, although travelers also love the Dacia Logan and the Renault Clio.
Morocco is bordered by Algeria and Mauritania. The border between Morocco and Algeria is currently closed, and it is therefore impossible to travel between the two countries. Mauritania has a different visa policy than Morocco, so you may or may not need a visa to visit it. We strongly advise you to get in touch with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs to find out if you need a visa to visit Mauritania.
Regardless of the visa situation, is it unfortunately not possible to rent a car in Morocco and then enter Mauritania - the travel between the two countries is only possible with a public transportation or a private vehicle.
Most popular types of rental car
The most popular rental car in Morocco is an Economy, followed by Mini and Intermediate. Most national highways are in good shape, but if you plan to drive in the Atlas Mountains or in the Sahara Desert, getting a 4x4 might be a good idea.
Top driving routes
- Marrakesh - Fez (530 km / 329 mi) The fastest route between these two historic cities goes through Casablanca, but you may also choose driving Highway N8 and than a number of regional roads - while doing this route will be more time-consuming, it will give you a chance to see more traditional parts of Morocco.
- Casablanca - Marrakesh (241 km / 150 mi) Modern Casablanca and timeless Marrakesh are just three hours drive apart, though you may want to make a stop in the nature areas around Sidi Bennour.
- Tangier - Casablanca (338 km / 210 mi) Traveling between the northwestern tip of Morocco and the country’s largest city only takes about three and a half hours, and most of the way will take you along or near the Atlantic Coast.
Car Rental Prices
- Station wagons - from $90 per day
- Large cars - from $99 per day
- Medium cars - from $66 per day
- People Carriers / Vans - from $157 per day
- Premium cars - from $397 per day
- Small cars - from $52 per day
- SUVs - from $176 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Morocco:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Morocco is the cheapest in October when renting a car is about 34% cheaper than the yearly average and 59% cheaper than renting a car in November.
Top 12 Most Popular Cities in Morocco
Car Rental in Marrakech from $40.31 per day
Car Rental in Casablanca from $34.47 per day
Car Rental in Agadir from $35.03 per day
Car Rental in Tangier from $27.80 per day
Car Rental in Fez from $27.80 per day
Car Rental in Rabat from $24.32 per day
Car Rental in Nador from $36.69 per day
Car Rental in Oujda from $27.80 per day
Car Rental in Essaouira from $36.69 per day
Car Rental in Ouarzazate from $36.69 per day
Car Rental in Dakhla from $45.93 per day
Car Rental in Mohammedia from $51.20 per day
Top 20 Most Popular Locations in Morocco
Car Rental at Marrakech Airport from $40.31 per day
Car Rental at Casablanca Airport from $34.47 per day
Car Rental at Agadir Airport from $35.03 per day
Car Rental at Tangier, Tanger Airport from $27.80 per day
Car Rental at Fes Airport from $27.80 per day
Car Rental at Rabat Airport from $24.32 per day
Car Rental at Nador Airport from $36.69 per day
Car Rental at Oujda Airport from $27.80 per day
Car Rental at Casablanca, Casa-Port Railway Station from $72.55 per day
Car Rental at Essaouira Airport from $36.69 per day
Car Rental at Marrakech, Downtown from $40.31 per day
Car Rental at Ouarzazate Airport from $36.69 per day
Car Rental at Rabat, Agdal Railway Station from $24.32 per day
Car Rental at Agadir, Downtown from $35.03 per day
Car Rental at Dakhla Airport from $45.93 per day
Car Rental at Fez, Downtown from $27.80 per day
Car Rental at Casablanca, Downtown from $36.19 per day
Car Rental at Tangier, Downtown from $27.80 per day
Car Rental at Casablanca, Casa-Voyageurs Railway Station from $51.20 per day
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Morocco?
What’s the average rental length in Morocco?
What’s the most popular time for renting a car in Morocco?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Thrifty||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Dollar||Peugeot 208||4||3||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|WANALOU||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|AirCar||Suzuki Celerio||4||1||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Suzuki Celerio||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|AirCar||Renault Clio||4||1||Medium cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 20 Suppliers for Morocco in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email