Car Rental at Rabat Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The Moroccan capital is neither the largest nor the most historic city in the country and therefore often gets overlooked by foreign visitors. But If you give Rabat a chance, you’ll discover impressive fortifications, notable landmarks, charming side streets, and plenty of character. These are six of the most notable attractions in and around the city:
- The Kasbah of the Oudaias. Not just the fortress itself, Rabat’s Kasbah is the oldest and arguably most interesting part of the capital. Built in the 12th century, it is notable for its Great Gate, the Old Mosque, and the Andalusian Gardens, as well as great views of the Atlantic Ocean below.
- Chellah. Dating back millennia when it was established by the Phoenicians, and later ruled by the Romans and Almoravids, Chellah is a former trading site and necropolis. Now largely abandoned, it has been taken over by thousands of birds and can be a fascinating, if unusual, place to visit. A World Heritage site, part of Chellah hosts the Mawazine Festival, a traditional and jazz music festival, every year.
- The Old Medina. Another historic part of the city and another World Heritage site, Rabat’s Medina is characteristically made up of ornate passages, narrow side streets, colorful houses, and busy markets. While smaller than some other Moroccan historic city centers, it boasts just as much atmosphere and character.
- Hannan Tower. The Hassan Tower, also known as the Tour Hassan, is a stunning historical monument and the most famous place to visit in Rabat. Built at the end of the 12th century, this unfinished minaret stands as a symbol of the great architectural ambitions of the Almohad dynasty and is a must-see for history and architecture buffs.
- Mausoleum of Mohammed V. A majestic architectural masterpiece and a revered national monument in Morocco, the Mohammed V Mausoleum is located in Rabat. Home to the tomb of King Mohammed V, this magnificent mausoleum is renowned for its intricate marble work and its role in the preservation of Morocco's royal heritage.
- Salé. Located just across the Bou Regreg River, Salé is the quieter neighbor of Rabat. While generally residential and not particularly touristy, its well-preserved, atmospheric old town is definitely worth a visit if you’re in the area. The area was first inhabited by the Phoenicians while present-day Salé was founded in 1030, meaning that the city is about to celebrate its1,000th birthday in several years' time.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $21 per day
- Large cars - from $19 per day
- Medium cars - from $13 per day
- Vans - from $21 per day
- Premium cars - from $45 per day
- Small cars - from $10 per day
- SUVs - from $27 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Marrakesh (349 km / 217 mi). A historic and impressive city, Marrakesh’s Jemaa el-Fnaa market square might just be the most famous spot in all of North Africa. The city can also serve as a great base from which to explore the nearby Atlas mountains.
- Fes (192 km / 119 mi). Another historic destination, Fes claims to have both the world’s oldest university and oldest library. The city’s old town or medina is a sight to behold, and Fes is home to ancient tanneries, Islamic architecture, and religious schools.
- Tangier (236 km / 146 mi). Located on the edge of Morocco (and the continent of Africa) just across Spain, Tangier has attracted and fascinated Westerners for centuries. The city is home to plenty of historic landmarks as well as stunning nearby beaches, but it’s number one attraction is its atmosphere.
- Essaouira (506 km / 314 mi). Located on the Atlantic coast, Essaouira is characterized by a strong ocean breeze, but that doesn’t make this scenic city any less hospitable. Once the favorite holiday spot of Jimi Hendrix, it is home to a picturesque harbor and arguably the best seafood restaurants in the country.
- Agadir (573 km / 356 mi). Located in Southern Morocco, this primarily Berber-speaking city lures visitors with interesting museums and well-preserved historic sites. Agadir is also near some of the best surfing spots in Morocco and stunning nature like that found in the Paradise Valley.
- Casablanca (112 km / 69 mi). The largest city of Morocco might not have the historic appeal of Marrakesh or Fez, but its high pace of life and many entertainment opportunities keep attracting guests from all over the world.
Rabat Airport (RBA)
- IATA: RBA
- ICAO: GMME
- Name: Rabat Airport (RBA)
- Distance from city: 4.3 miles / 7 km
Top 16 Locations near Rabat Airport
10.6 km / 6.6 miles away
Car Rental at Casa-Voyageurs Train Station from $12.66 per day93.0 km / 57.8 miles away
Car Rental at Casa-Port Train Station from $12.66 per day94.1 km / 58.5 miles away
Car Rental in Casablanca (Downtown) from $9.50 per day95.2 km / 59.2 miles away
Car Rental at Casablanca Hotel Club Val d’Anfa from $12.66 per day99.8 km / 62.0 miles away
Car Rental at Casablanca Airport from $6.92 per day108.6 km / 67.5 miles away
Car Rental at Fes Airport from $6.65 per day164.1 km / 102.0 miles away
Car Rental at Tanger Airport from $7.34 per day201.3 km / 125.1 miles away
Car Rental in Tangier (Downtown) from $9.80 per day210.6 km / 130.9 miles away
Car Rental in Marrakech (Downtown) from $7.04 per day293.2 km / 182.2 miles away
Car Rental at Marrakech Train Station from $12.66 per day294.2 km / 182.8 miles away
Car Rental at Marrakech Airport from $7.60 per day297.1 km / 184.6 miles away
Car Rental at Nador Airport from $19.68 per day356.7 km / 221.6 miles away
Car Rental at Oujda Airport from $19.68 per day450.3 km / 279.8 miles away
Car Rental at Agadir Airport from $9.60 per day484.1 km / 300.8 miles away
Car Rental in Agadir (Downtown) from $10.96 per day484.6 km / 301.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Rabat Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Rabat Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Rabat Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||United Rent A Car, AirCar, Budget, Locationauto, AddCar|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Vans|
|Lowest price||$10 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||United Rent A Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|United Rent A Car||Dacia Sandero||5||2||Small cars|
|United Rent A Car||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|AirCar||Kia Picanto||4||1||Medium cars|
|United Rent A Car||Dacia Logan||4||2||Medium cars|
|AirCar||Kia Picanto||4||2||Medium cars|
|AirCar||Dacia Lodgy Stepway||5||3||Vans|
|Locationauto||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Budget||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|EXER||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.