Car Rental in Oujda
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Oujda?
Oujda is a great place to experience by car. Having your own wheels will not only let you see the city itself, but also to travel to the nearby Mediterranean Coast, as well as different cities and nature areas in the near vicinity.
One-Way Car Rentals in Oujda
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Oujda and drop off in another city include:
- From Oujda to Nador - 52 offers from $32.32 per day
- From Oujda to Tangier - 72 offers from $32.32 per day
- From Oujda to Fes - 57 offers from $32.32 per day
- From Oujda to Casablanca - 52 offers from $32.32 per day
- From Oujda to Marrakech - 57 offers from $32.32 per day
Top ways to enter Oujda
- Oujda Airport: Also known as Oujda-Angads, the primary airport serving the city handles about 700,000 travelers every year. The airport has flights by seven different airlines, including low-cost carriers like Ryanair and Transavia. In addition to domestic flights, there are connections with countries like France, the Netherlands, and Portugal. Located about 15km (9.3 miles) northeast of the city center, the airport takes some 25 minutes to reach.
- Nador Airport: Serving the large coastal city of the same name, Nador-Arwi Airport has flights by around 15 different airlines (although some only have scheduled flights during the summer months). The airport provides connections with cities like Barcelona, Paris, Brussels, and Cologne. Oujda is 160km (100 miles) southeast of Nador Airport and the distance between the two can be traveled in about two hours.
- Fez Airport: Serving the fabled city of Fez, this international airport in the interior of the country handles about 1.2 million travelers per year. Fez Airport has flights by around ten different airlines, including low-cost carriers like Ryanair and Vueling. Fez Airport is 335km (208 miles) southwest of Oujda and takes about 3 hours and 20 minutes to reach.
- By rail: If you’re arriving in Oujda by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at Oujda Train Station.
- Although Oujda’s climate is technically classified as cold and semi-arid, the city is, in fact, one of the hottest places in Morocco outside the Sahara. The average high temperature is 33°C (92 °F) in August, the warmest month, with temperatures exceeding 40°C (104°F) on many days every summer. The average high temperature is 16°C (60°F) in January, the coolest. Summers are very dry; there is an increase in precipitation every winter, albeit not as big as in the Moroccan cities on the coast like Rabat or Essaouira.
- Although Oujda is located right on the border with Algeria, Morocco’s large eastern neighbor and Africa’s largest country, the border is closed for locals and tourists alike. In recent years, there have been frequent talks of opening the border, but as of January 2020, they are yet to come to a result.
- Oujda is one of the centers of Gharnati music. Originating in Spain’s Andalusia region when it was ruled by Muslims, it is now very popular in Morocco and neighboring Algeria. Considered part of Classical Andalusian music, you can often hear the haunting Gharnati sounds in Oujda’s streets and in many festivals that are held in the city.
Top destinations and activities
- Medina and the souks. Although perhaps not as large and busy as souks or markets in some other large cities of Morocco, Oujda’s medina is nonetheless the best place to learn about the city’s character, make new friends, and appreciate the skill of local craftsmen.
- Park Lalla Aicha. Just south of medina is Park Lalla Aicha, a beautiful green area that’s very popular with the locals. Park your rental car right outside it and go on a long relaxing walk, have a picnic, or enjoy a cup of real Moroccan coffee.
- Oujda Mosque. Very important for local believers, this religious building is famous for its large blue carpet and is as impressive from outside as it is from outside. The center of the mosque is reserved for Muslims on their prayers, but everyone is allowed to calmly observe and appreciate the beauty of the place.
- Sidi Maafa Forest. A nature preserve of national status, Sidi Maafa is the most popular hiking destination in the area. Located just south of Oujda itself, the area is made up of woodland-covered hills that offer panoramic views of the city and the land below. The closed border with Algeria to the east is also allegedly visible on a clear day.
Traffic and parking
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h on highways (autoroutes), 100 km/h on roads outside urban cities that are not highways, and 60 km/h within populated areas.
- Even inside some big cities, and in the most smaller towns and villages, there are no special lanes for cyclists or sometimes even sidewalks for pedestrians. In those cases, you’ll be sharing a road with them, so be extra careful.
- Road signs are written in both Arabic and French. If you don’t know either of these languages, it’s good to learn at least the main terms in one of them before renting a car.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.00% for both experienced and novice drivers. Drunk driving can lead to large fines and even jail time or deportation.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The nation-wide emergency police number is 19 and the nation-wide ambulance and fire safety department number is 15.
A toll needs to be paid for using most of Morocco’s highways or autoroutes. All of the toll roads in Morocco are administered by the state-owned company Autoroutes du Maroc (ADM).
Morocco uses a “closed system” for its toll roads, meaning that there is a toll booth both at the entrance and the exit of the toll road. You pay either by cash or by credit card (although some toll points might only accept cash so it’s good to have some available at all times). Make sure to keep any proof that you have paid for the toll road as police checks are frequent and fines can be hefty. The prices for using the toll roads are generally quite low.
Most of the toll roads connect the largest cities of the country. Oftentimes you can opt to use regional roads instead - while traveling along those will be much slower, the views are usually much more scenic.
Ideas for day trips
- Saïdia. Offering one of the longest beaches in Morocco, Saïdia’s golden sands have long attracted visitors from all over. Full of coastal restaurants and opportunities for water sports, it is only an hour’s drive from Oujda. Saïdia' is surrounded by a eucalyptus forest, and in the nearby forests and wetlands you’ll also find a bird preserve. If you’re visiting in August, make sure to visit the local folk music festival.
- Nador. Another destination of world-class beaches and long promenades, Nador is an exciting place to visit. Once you’ve properly enjoyed the Mediterranean Sea, take a walk through the city center where Iberian architectural influence can be observed in beautiful Catholic churches.
- Taza. This small town, lying in the corridor between the Rif Mountains and the Atlas Mountains and next to the Tazekka National Park, is famous for its impressive Medina Walls that offer picturesque views of the surrounding valleys. Just south of Taza you’ll find Friouato Grotte, a large cave and tunnel system.
- Berkane. If you’re taking a trip to Saidia, visiting the city of Berkane is a possibility as it’s practically on the way. The place is decidedly non-tourist, but for some visitors that might be a plus. Check out the Church of St. Agnes which, like many other buildings in Berkane, has a characteristically reddish hue, as well as the local herbal markets. Berkane is an hour’s drive from Oujda and just 30 minutes from Saidia.
Most popular cars
The most popular rental car types in Morocco are Economy, Mini, and Intermediate. Most of Morocco’s national motorways are in great shape, but if you plan to drive in the mountains, it might be a good idea to rent a 4x4 vehicle. The most popular rental cars in Morocco are the Hyundai i10, the Dacia Logan, and the Renault Clio.
- Tetouan and Tangier. Drive along the Mediterranean Coast and you’ll reach Tetouan, a beautiful and traditional Moroccan city with extraordinary Medina. Just a bit further lies Tangier, perhaps the most international and free-thinking city of Morocco.
- Fez: One of the great cities of the Arab World, Fez is both an old time legend and a busy metropolis. Visit its many souks or markets where leather tanners still practice techniques that have been used for centuries.
- Atlas Mountains. Impressive yet accessible, the Atlas Mountains have something for every traveler, whether you’d like to visit small Berber villages on the mountainous foothills or to try to conquer the highest peaks.
Car Rental Prices in Oujda
- Station wagons - from $30 per day
- Large cars - from $39 per day
- Medium cars - from $21 per day
- Vans - from $24 per day
- Premium cars - from $39 per day
- Small cars - from $20 per day
- SUVs - from $31 per day
There are some simple tricks to get a better car rental deal in Oujda:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Oujda is the cheapest in January when renting a car is about 60% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 14 Cities near Oujda
Nador Car Rentals from $19.73 per day103.2 km / 64.1 miles away
Fes Car Rentals from $6.67 per day296.2 km / 184.1 miles away
Tetouan Car Rentals from $14.80 per day322.2 km / 200.2 miles away
Meknes Car Rentals from $51.05 per day347.5 km / 215.9 miles away
Tangier Car Rentals from $7.36 per day377.3 km / 234.4 miles away
Kenitra Car Rentals from $9.52 per day432.4 km / 268.7 miles away
Rabat Car Rentals from $9.68 per day450.3 km / 279.8 miles away
516.6 km / 321.0 miles away
Casablanca Car Rentals from $6.94 per day545.1 km / 338.7 miles away
Marrakech Car Rentals from $7.06 per day669.5 km / 416.0 miles away
808.3 km / 502.3 miles away
Essaouira Car Rentals from $17.66 per day814.7 km / 506.2 miles away
Agadir Car Rentals from $9.63 per day859.1 km / 533.8 miles away
1829.8 km / 1137.0 miles away
Top 17 Locations near Oujda
Oujda Airport Car Rentals from $19.73 per day
Nador Airport Car Rentals from $19.73 per day103.2 km / 64.1 miles away
Fes Airport Car Rentals from $6.67 per day296.2 km / 184.1 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $9.82 per day369.1 km / 229.3 miles away
Tanger Airport Car Rentals from $7.36 per day377.3 km / 234.4 miles away
Rabat Airport Car Rentals from $9.75 per day450.3 km / 279.8 miles away
459.6 km / 285.6 miles away
Casa-Voyageurs Train Station Car Rentals from $12.69 per day538.0 km / 334.3 miles away
Casa-Port Train Station Car Rentals from $12.69 per day539.6 km / 335.3 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $9.52 per day540.5 km / 335.9 miles away
Casablanca Airport Car Rentals from $6.94 per day545.1 km / 338.7 miles away
Casablanca Hotel Club Val d'Anfa Car Rentals from $12.69 per day545.7 km / 339.1 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $7.06 per day665.8 km / 413.7 miles away
Marrakech Train Station Car Rentals from $12.69 per day666.7 km / 414.3 miles away
Marrakech Airport Car Rentals from $7.62 per day669.5 km / 416.0 miles away
Agadir Airport Car Rentals from $9.63 per day859.1 km / 533.8 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $10.99 per day866.7 km / 538.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
What is the cheapest month to rent a car in Oujda?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
What’s the usual rental length in Oujda?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Oujda?
Car Rental Information
|Car rental locations||2|
|Popular suppliers||AirCar, Keddy, WANALOU, Budget, Dollar|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Vans|
|Lowest price||$20 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AirCar||Kia Picanto||4||1||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|WANALOU||Dacia Logan||5||2||Small cars|
|AirCar||Kia Picanto||4||2||Medium cars|
|AirCar||Renault Clio||4||1||Medium cars|
|AirCar||Dacia Lodgy Stepway||5||3||Vans|
|AirCar||Peugeot 208||5||1||Small cars|
|AirCar||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Medium cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.