Car Rental in Oujda
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Oujda?
Oujda is a great place to experience by car. Having your own wheels will not only let you see the city itself, but also to travel to the nearby Mediterranean Coast, as well as different cities and nature areas in the near vicinity.
One-Way Car Rentals in Oujda
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Oujda and drop off in another city include:
- From Oujda to Nador - 52 offers from US$ 36.16 per day
- From Oujda to Tangier - 72 offers from US$ 36.16 per day
- From Oujda to Fez - 57 offers from US$ 36.16 per day
- From Oujda to Marrakech - 57 offers from US$ 36.16 per day
- From Oujda to Casablanca - 52 offers from US$ 36.16 per day
Top ways to enter Oujda
- Oujda Airport: Also known as Oujda-Angads, the primary airport serving the city handles about 700,000 travelers every year. The airport has flights by seven different airlines, including low-cost carriers like Ryanair and Transavia. In addition to domestic flights, there are connections with countries like France, the Netherlands, and Portugal. Located about 15km (9.3 miles) northeast of the city center, the airport takes some 25 minutes to reach.
- Nador Airport: Serving the large coastal city of the same name, Nador-Arwi Airport has flights by around 15 different airlines (although some only have scheduled flights during the summer months). The airport provides connections with cities like Barcelona, Paris, Brussels, and Cologne. Oujda is 160km (100 miles) southeast of Nador Airport and the distance between the two can be traveled in about two hours.
- Fez Airport: Serving the fabled city of Fez, this international airport in the interior of the country handles about 1.2 million travelers per year. Fez Airport has flights by around ten different airlines, including low-cost carriers like Ryanair and Vueling. Fez Airport is 335km (208 miles) southwest of Oujda and takes about 3 hours and 20 minutes to reach.
- By rail: If you’re arriving in Oujda by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at Oujda Train Station.
Useful city facts
- Although Oujda’s climate is technically classified as cold and semi-arid, the city is, in fact, one of the hottest places in Morocco outside the Sahara. The average high temperature is 33°C (92 °F) in August, the warmest month, with temperatures exceeding 40°C (104°F) on many days every summer. The average high temperature is 16°C (60°F) in January, the coolest. Summers are very dry; there is an increase in precipitation every winter, albeit not as big as in the Moroccan cities on the coast like Rabat or Essaouira.
- Although Oujda is located right on the border with Algeria, Morocco’s large eastern neighbor and Africa’s largest country, the border is closed for locals and tourists alike. In recent years, there have been frequent talks of opening the border, but as of January 2020, they are yet to come to a result.
- Oujda is one of the centers of Gharnati music. Originating in Spain’s Andalusia region when it was ruled by Muslims, it is now very popular in Morocco and neighboring Algeria. Considered part of Classical Andalusian music, you can often hear the haunting Gharnati sounds in Oujda’s streets and in many festivals that are held in the city.
Top destinations and activities
- Medina and the souks. Although perhaps not as large and busy as souks or markets in some other large cities of Morocco, Oujda’s medina is nonetheless the best place to learn about the city’s character, make new friends, and appreciate the skill of local craftsmen.
- Park Lalla Aicha. Just south of medina is Park Lalla Aicha, a beautiful green area that’s very popular with the locals. Park your rental car right outside it and go on a long relaxing walk, have a picnic, or enjoy a cup of real Moroccan coffee.
- Oujda Mosque. Very important for local believers, this religious building is famous for its large blue carpet and is as impressive from outside as it is from outside. The center of the mosque is reserved for Muslims on their prayers, but everyone is allowed to calmly observe and appreciate the beauty of the place.
Traffic and parking tips
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h on highways (autoroutes), 100 km/h on roads outside urban cities that are not highways, and 60 km/h within populated areas.
- Even inside some big cities, and in the most smaller towns and villages, there are no special lanes for cyclists or sometimes even sidewalks for pedestrians. In those cases, you’ll be sharing a road with them, so be extra careful.
- Road signs are written in both Arabic and French. If you don’t know either of these languages, it’s good to learn at least the main terms in one of them before renting a car.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.00% for both experienced and novice drivers. Drunk driving can lead to large fines and even jail time or deportation.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The nation-wide emergency police number is 19 and the nation-wide ambulance and fire safety department number is 15.
A toll needs to be paid for using most of Morocco’s highways or autoroutes. All of the toll roads in Morocco are administered by the state-owned company Autoroutes du Maroc (ADM).
Morocco uses a “closed system” for its toll roads, meaning that there is a toll booth both at the entrance and the exit of the toll road. You pay either by cash or by credit card (although some toll points might only accept cash so it’s good to have some available at all times). Make sure to keep any proof that you have paid for the toll road as police checks are frequent and fines can be hefty. The prices for using the toll roads are generally quite low.
Most of the toll roads connect the largest cities of the country. Oftentimes you can opt to use regional roads instead - while traveling along those will be much slower, the views are usually much more scenic.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Saïdia. Offering one of the longest beaches in Morocco, Saïdia’s golden sands have long attracted visitors from all over. Full of coastal restaurants and opportunities for water sports, it is only an hour’s drive from Oujda. Saïdia' is surrounded by a eucalyptus forest, and in the nearby forests and wetlands you’ll also find a bird preserve. If you’re visiting in August, make sure to visit the local folk music festival.
- Nador. Another destination of world-class beaches and long promenades, Nador is an exciting place to visit. Once you’ve properly enjoyed the Mediterranean Sea, take a walk through the city center where Iberian architectural influence can be observed in beautiful Catholic churches.
- Taza. This small town, lying in the corridor between the Rif Mountains and the Atlas Mountains and next to the Tazekka National Park, is famous for its impressive Medina Walls that offer picturesque views of the surrounding valleys. Just south of Taza you’ll find Friouato Grotte, a large cave and tunnel system.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car types in Morocco are Economy, Mini, and Intermediate. Most of Morocco’s national motorways are in great shape, but if you plan to drive in the mountains, it might be a good idea to rent a 4x4 vehicle. The most popular rental cars in Morocco are the Hyundai i10, the Dacia Logan, and the Renault Clio.
- Tetouan and Tangier. Drive along the Mediterranean Coast and you’ll reach Tetouan, a beautiful and traditional Moroccan city with extraordinary Medina. Just a bit further lies Tangier, perhaps the most international and free-thinking city of Morocco.
- Fez: One of the great cities of the Arab World, Fez is both an old time legend and a busy metropolis. Visit its many souks or markets where leather tanners still practice techniques that have been used for centuries.
- Atlas Mountains. Impressive yet accessible, the Atlas Mountains have something for every traveler, whether you’d like to visit small Berber villages on the mountainous foothills or to try to conquer the highest peaks.
Car Rental Prices in Oujda
- Station wagons - from $64 per day
- Large cars - from $84 per day
- Medium cars - from $46 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $65 per day
- Premium cars - from $109 per day
- Small cars - from $30 per day
- SUVs - from $102 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are some simple tricks to get a better car rental deal in Oujda:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Oujda is the cheapest in January when renting a car is about 60% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 11 Cities near Oujda
Casablanca Car Rentals from $8.43 per day545.1 km / 338.7 miles away
Marrakesh Car Rentals from $8.57 per day669.5 km / 416.0 miles away
Tangier Car Rentals from $10.36 per day377.3 km / 234.4 miles away
Rabat Car Rentals from $8.57 per day460.8 km / 286.3 miles away
Fez Car Rentals from $10.56 per day296.2 km / 184.0 miles away
Agadir Car Rentals from $10.71 per day859.1 km / 533.8 miles away
Nador Car Rentals from $15.97 per day103.2 km / 64.1 miles away
Essaouira Car Rentals from $27.52 per day815.1 km / 506.5 miles away
Ouarzazate Car Rentals from $15.97 per day632.2 km / 392.8 miles away
429.3 km / 266.8 miles away
Mohammedia Car Rentals from $55.50 per day516.6 km / 321.0 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Oujda
Oujda Airport Car Rentals from $12.12 per day10.3 km / 6.4 miles away
Nador Airport Car Rentals from $15.97 per day106.5 km / 66.1 miles away
Fez Airport Car Rentals from $10.56 per day293.7 km / 182.5 miles away
Tanger Ville Train Station Car Rentals from $11.82 per day371.1 km / 230.6 miles away
Tangier Port Ville Car Rentals from $11.83 per day373.3 km / 232.0 miles away
Tangier Airport Car Rentals from $10.36 per day381.0 km / 236.7 miles away
Rabat Airport Car Rentals from $8.57 per day449.3 km / 279.2 miles away
Theatre National Mohammed V Car Rentals from $10.10 per day457.3 km / 284.2 miles away
Le Pietri Urban Hotel Car Rentals from $10.10 per day457.3 km / 284.2 miles away
Rabat Hotel Sofitel Jardin des Roses Car Rentals from $42.53 per day458.5 km / 284.9 miles away
Agdal Train Station Car Rentals from $8.57 per day459.7 km / 285.6 miles away
Rabat Agdal Ryad Car Rentals from $42.53 per day460.5 km / 286.2 miles away
Rabat The View Hotel Car Rentals from $42.53 per day462.0 km / 287.1 miles away
Casa-Voyageurs Train Station Car Rentals from $14.12 per day536.3 km / 333.2 miles away
Casa-Port Train Station Car Rentals from $8.43 per day537.9 km / 334.2 miles away
Casablanca Hotel Novotel Car Rentals from $57.57 per day538.2 km / 334.4 miles away
Casablanca Hotel Sofitel Car Rentals from $57.57 per day538.3 km / 334.5 miles away
Casablanca Mowenpick Hotel Car Rentals from $57.57 per day539.5 km / 335.3 miles away
Casablanca Nouaceur Car Rentals from $11.83 per day541.6 km / 336.5 miles away
Casablanca Airport Mohammed V Car Rentals from $8.43 per day543.0 km / 337.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Oujda?
What’s the usual rental length in Oujda?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Oujda?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AirCar||Suzuki Celerio||4||1||Small cars|
|AirCar||Renault Clio||4||1||Medium cars|
|AirCar||Toyota Yaris||4||1||Medium cars|
|AirCar||Dacia Logan||4||1||Small cars|
|AirCar||Dacia Duster||4||1||People Carriers/Vans|
|Keddy||Peugeot 208||4||3||Small cars|
|Keddy||Fiat Tipo||4||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Dacia Logan||4||2||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|WANALOU||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|