Car Rental in Fez
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Fez?
Fez is a great place for renting a car. The city is not only historic and beautiful, but also quite vast, so having your own car will let you see its whole diversity, as well as to visit interesting landmarks and nature areas nearby.
One-Way Car Rentals in Fez
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Fez and drop off in another city include:
- From Fez to Marrakech - 380 offers from 32.67 USD per day
- From Fez to Rabat - 245 offers from 32.67 USD per day
- From Fez to Tangier - 272 offers from 32.67 USD per day
- From Fez to Casablanca - 291 offers from 32.67 USD per day
- From Fez to Agadir - 189 offers from 32.67 USD per day
Top ways to enter Fez
- Fez Airport. Also known as Fez-Saïss, the primary airport serving the city handled 1.3 million travelers in 2019. The airport has flights by ten different companies, with most of the traffic provided by Air Arabia Maroc and the low-cost carrier Ryanair. Fez Airport is located 12 km (7.4 mi) south of the city center and can be reached in 20-25 minutes.
- Rabat Airport. Serving the capital city of Morocco, Rabat–Salé Airport handles about one million travelers every year. The airport has flights by nine different airlines that provide connections with destinations like France, the United Kingdom, and the United Arab Emirates. Located 190 km (118 mi) west of Fez, Rabat Airport can be reached in about two hours.
- Casablanca Airport. Not only the largest in Morocco, Casablanca Mohammed V Airport is among the ten busiest in all of Africa. The airport is the main hub of the national carrier Royal Air Maroc and has flights by tens of other airlines. In addition to domestic routes, Casablanca Airport also serves flights to and from the rest of Africa, the Middle East, Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Located 320 km (199 mi) southwest of Fez, Casablanca Airport takes 3 hours and 30 minutes to reach.
- Tangier Airport. Located in the northwestern corner of Morocco just across Spain, Tangier Ibn Battouta Airport has flights by 15 different airlines that include low-cost carriers like easyJet, Vueling, and Transavia. Situated 395 km (245 mi) from Fez, the airport can be reached in about four hours.
Useful city facts
- Although located near the Atlas Mountains and at a rather high elevation, Fez enjoys warm Mediterranean climate. The summers are very hot and it is not uncommon for temperatures to go above 30 °C (86 °F). The winters are cool and much more rainy. Fez experiences snowfall every couple of years.
- With a city population that exceeds 1,4 million, Fez is the second-most populated city in Morocco behind only Casablanca and ahead of Marrakesh, Tangier, and Agadir. Arab and Berber languages are the native tongues of the city, and French is also known by most inhabitants. The knowledge of English varies, but most people working in the tourism industry will have at least a rudimentary understanding of the language.
Top destinations and activities
- The Tanneries. Although Fez is known for different crafts, none are as admired as the works of its tanners. The unique leather-making techniques have barely changed since the Middle Ages. The best craftsmen and their workshops can be found in the city medina.
- Bou Inania Madrasa. Built almost 700 years ago, this important religious center is also a beautiful architectural complex, from wooden walls decorated with Arabic calligraphy to a minaret and a still-functioning mosque.
- Merenid Tombs. Although visiting tombs might not be everyone’s cup of tea, these ruins are much more monumental and peaceful than gloomy when it comes to atmosphere, and tell the interesting story of the Marinid dynasty that ruled Fez from 13th to 15th century. Located on a hilltop, they also offer great views of the city and the olive tree lined hills that surround it.
Traffic and parking tips
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h on motorways (autoroutes), 100 km/h on roads outside urban cities that are not motorways, and 60 km/h within populated areas.
- Even inside some big cities, and in the most smaller towns and villages, there are no special lanes for cyclists or sometimes even pavements for pedestrians. In those cases, you’ll be sharing a road with them, so be extra careful.
- Road signs are written in both Arabic and French. If you don’t know either of these languages, it’s good to learn at least the main terms in one of them before renting a car.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.00% for both experienced and novice drivers. Drunk driving can lead to large fines and even jail time or deportation.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The nation-wide emergency police number is 19 and the nation-wide ambulance and fire safety department number is 15.
A toll needs to be paid for using most of Morocco’s motorways or autoroutes. All of the toll roads in Morocco are administered by the state-owned company Autoroutes du Maroc (ADM).
Morocco uses a “closed system” for its toll roads, meaning that there is a toll booth both at the entrance and the exit of the toll road. You pay either by cash or by credit card (although some toll points might only accept cash so it’s good to have some available at all times). Make sure to keep any proof that you have paid for the toll road as police checks are frequent and fines can be hefty. The prices for using the toll roads are generally quite low.
Most of the toll roads connect the largest cities of the country. Oftentimes you can opt to use regional roads instead - while traveling along those will be much slower, the views are usually much more scenic.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Sefrou. Once home to Morocco’s largest Jewish community, nowadays Sefrou is a calm place where you can learn about the everyday life and traditions of local Berber people. If you’re visiting in June, make sure not to miss the annual cherry festival that takes place here during the harvest.
- Volubilis. About an hour and a half’s drive from Fez, this ancient and now partially excavated city was once the capital of the mysterious Roman province of Mauretania. Impressive ruins of ancient buildings abound, but the old Roman olive presses and Berber hammams or bath houses are just as interesting.
- Moulay Idriss. The small town next to Volubilis boasts the Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss, perhaps the most important ruler in the history of Morocco, but there are just as many who come here for its delicious foodstuffs, be them olive oil, keffa (ground beef), or nougat (sweets made of nuts and honey).
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car type in Morocco is an Economy, followed by Mini and Intermediate. Most national highways are in great shape, but if you plan to drive in the nearby Atlas Mountains, getting a 4x4 vehicle can be a good idea. The most popular rental cars in Morocco are the Hyundai i10, the Dacia Logan, and the Renault Clio.
- Chefchaouen. Located deep inside the Rif mountains, this traditional city is most famous for its beautiful white and blue buildings. Chefchaouen’s pleasures are subtle, so spend at least a couple of days to visit the local souks or markets and enjoy the leisurely pace of life. The city also serves as a great base for mountain expeditions.
- Azrou. A bit more than an hour’s drive south from Fez, the small town of Azrou that is about 1200 meters (3940 feet) above sea level is famous for its beautiful oak and cedar forests. If you’re lucky, you’ll even get to spot a Barbary ape family.
- Tangier. Located near the Strait of Gibraltar and the European continent, Tangier is perhaps Morocco’s most international city and a place of special atmosphere. If you’re here for the beach, you can choose between neat promenades near downtown and more rugged cliffs just outside the city limits.
Car Rental Prices in Fez
- Station wagons - from $17 per day
- Large cars - from $55 per day
- Medium cars - from $24 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $47 per day
- Premium cars - from $124 per day
- Small cars - from $21 per day
- SUVs - from $81 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Fez:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Fez is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 44% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 10 Cities near Fez
Casablanca Car Rentals from $5.97 per day249.7 km / 155.1 miles away
Marrakech Car Rentals from $5.97 per day385.1 km / 239.3 miles away
Tangier Car Rentals from $6.33 per day217.7 km / 135.3 miles away
Agadir Car Rentals from $6.33 per day578.6 km / 359.5 miles away
Rabat Car Rentals from $5.97 per day173.4 km / 107.7 miles away
Oujda Car Rentals from $10.13 per day296.2 km / 184.0 miles away
Nador Car Rentals from $10.13 per day214.2 km / 133.1 miles away
Essaouira Car Rentals from $7.04 per day522.4 km / 324.6 miles away
Ouarzazate Car Rentals from $6.33 per day378.5 km / 235.2 miles away
Mohammedia Car Rentals from $50.14 per day224.1 km / 139.3 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Fez
Fes Airport Car Rentals from $6.33 per day12.9 km / 8.0 miles away
Rabat Airport Car Rentals from $5.97 per day161.3 km / 100.3 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $5.97 per day168.9 km / 104.9 miles away
Agdal Train Station Car Rentals from $5.97 per day171.0 km / 106.3 miles away
Tanger Airport Car Rentals from $6.33 per day205.2 km / 127.5 miles away
Tanger Ville Train Station Car Rentals from $10.29 per day205.3 km / 127.5 miles away
206.6 km / 128.4 miles away
Car Rentals from $14.49 per day207.7 km / 129.1 miles away
Nador Airport Car Rentals from $10.13 per day209.1 km / 130.0 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $50.14 per day223.8 km / 139.0 miles away
Casa-Voyageurs Train Station Car Rentals from $50.14 per day244.6 km / 152.0 miles away
Casa-Port Train Station Car Rentals from $5.97 per day246.3 km / 153.0 miles away
247.2 km / 153.6 miles away
Casablanca Airport Car Rentals from $5.97 per day251.0 km / 156.0 miles away
Oujda Airport Car Rentals from $10.13 per day294.1 km / 182.8 miles away
388.2 km / 241.2 miles away
Ouarzazate Airport Car Rentals from $6.33 per day388.7 km / 241.5 miles away
Marrakech Train Station Car Rentals from $5.97 per day389.1 km / 241.8 miles away
Marrakech Airport Car Rentals from $5.97 per day392.1 km / 243.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Fez?
What’s the usual rental length in Fez?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Fez?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Thrifty||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|AirCar||Suzuki Celerio||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Dacia Sandero||5||2||Medium cars|
|AirCar||Renault Clio||4||1||Medium cars|
|LocationAuto||Suzuki Celerio||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Toyota Yaris||4||2||Medium cars|
|LocationAuto||Peugeot 107||5||1||Small cars|
|Dollar||Peugeot 208||4||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 15 Suppliers in Fez in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email