Car Rental Casablanca
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Casablanca?
Casablanca is a great place for renting a car. With the freedom of your own wheels you can both see this modern and diverse metropolis and travel to nearby landmarks and to cities full of history.
Top ways to enter Casablanca
- Casablanca Airport: The busiest in the country and among the ten busiest in all of Africa, Casablanca Mohammed V Airport handled 8.2 million travelers in 2018. The airport is a large hub for Air Arabia Maroc and Royal Air Maroc, and hosts flights to and from all over Africa, as well as other continents of the world. Located about 33 km (20.5 mi) southeast of the city center, the airport can be reached in 35 minutes.
- Rabat Airport: Also known as Rabat-Sale, the airport serving the Moroccan capital handled about one million travelers in 2018. The airport has flights by nine different airlines, including European low-cost carriers Ryanair and Transavia. Located 113 km (70 mi) northeast of Casablanca, the airport can be reached in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Marrakesh Menara Airport: Serving the beautiful city of Marrakesh, this airport handled more than 5.2 million travelers in 2018. The airport has flights by more than 20 different airlines, offering connections all over North Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. Located 248 km (154 mi) southeast of Casablanca, Marrakesh Airport can be reached in about three hours.
- By rail: If you’re arriving in Casablanca by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at the Casa-Port Railway Station or Casa-Voyageurs Railway Station.
Useful city facts
- Although located on the Atlantic Coast and influenced by the Canary Current, Casablanca enjoys warm and pleasant climate. Summers are hot and extremely dry, and even in winter the temperature rarely drops below 10 °C (50 °F).
- Although not the capital, Casablanca is by far the largest city in Morocco. More than 3 million people live within the city borders and another 3.5 million call the wider Casablanca Metropolitan Region their home.
Top destinations and activities
- Hassan II Mosque. Overlooking the nearby Atlantic Ocean, this impressive mosque is the second-largest in the world. Open to both worshippers and tourists, it can accommodate more than 25 thousand people at once. It boasts both an impressive courtyard and a transparent glass floor which lets you the sea under it.
- Museum of Moroccan Judaism. Although now very few still reside in Morocco, for hundreds of years Jews and Muslims shared their lives in Casablanca. Visiting the museum will let you see the displays of Moroccan synagogues, as well as Jewish clothing, paintings, and other objects from their daily life. This unique museum is the only museum dedicated to the Jewish people in the Arab world.
- The Arab League Park. Built 100 years ago, Casablanca’s largest park is the best place to relax among the palm trees and see different other unique plants, drink real Moroccan coffee, or meet locals who come here for the picnic on every sunny day.
Traffic and parking tips
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h on motorways (autoroutes), 100 km/h on roads outside urban cities that are not motorways, and 60 km/h within populated areas.
- Even inside some big cities, and in the most smaller towns and villages, there are no special lanes for cyclists or sometimes even pavements for pedestrians. In those cases, you’ll be sharing a road with them, so be extra careful.
- Road signs are written in both Arabic and French. If you don’t know either of these languages, it’s good to learn at least the main terms in one of them before renting a car.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.00% for both experienced and novice drivers. Drunk driving can lead to large fines and even jail time or deportation.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The nation-wide emergency police number is 19 and the nation-wide ambulance and fire safety department number is 15.
A toll needs to be paid for using most of Morocco’s motorways or autoroutes. All of the toll roads in Morocco are administered by the state-owned company Autoroutes du Maroc (ADM).
Morocco uses a “closed system” for its toll roads, meaning that there is a toll booth both at the entrance and the exit of the toll road. You pay either by cash or by credit card (although some toll points might only accept cash so it’s good to have some available at all times). Make sure to keep any proof that you have paid for the toll road as police checks are frequent and fines can be hefty. The prices for using the toll roads are generally quite low.
Most of the toll roads connect the largest cities of the country. Oftentimes you can opt to use regional roads instead - while traveling along those will be much slower, the views are usually much more scenic.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Azemmour. Located on the Atlantic Coast, just an hour’s drive from Casablanca, this colorful and friendly town is a great place to learn about the region’s diverse history through Jewish, Portuguese, and, of course, Muslim heritage that you can observe here.
- Safi. Although Safi is two-and-a-half hours drive south along the coast from Casablanca, the long distance is well worth the time. This old coastal city offers everything from beautiful mosques to stunning beaches, famous local pottery, interesting fishing port, and friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
- Oualidia. Known home and abroad for its oysters, Oualidia is a proper foodie destination. The many varieties of local seafoods can be enjoyed anywhere from small local taverns to high-class restaurants. If at any point you start to crave for more visual enjoyment, hit the local beach where pink flamingos can often be observed.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car type in Morocco is an Economy, followed by Mini and Intermediate. Most national motorways are in great shape and perfectly driveable by all types of rental cars. However, if you plan to drive in the Atlas Mountains or in the Sahara Desert, getting a 4x4 vehicle is a good idea. The most popular rental cars in Morocco are the Hyundai i10, the Dacia Logan, and the Renault Clio.
- Meknes. Although no more the national capital, Meknes is still an inviting destination to visit. Founded 1000 years ago, it boasts long and impressive history which is perhaps best observed in its stunning architecture, from the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail and the Museum of Moroccan Art to beautiful city medina.
- Fez. About three hours drive from Casablanca, Fez is one of the most famous cities of the Arab world. It is best known for its labyrinth of markets or souks, tanneries, and shops of local craftsmen, but Fez is also an important religious center as you’ll learn if you visit its many mosques and museums.
- Atlas Mountains. Another fabled destination and sometimes considered a rival of Casablanca, timeless Marrakesh is just three hours southeast of Casablanca. The city offers countless landmarks and things to do, but its number one attraction is its special atmosphere that can be best enjoyed by spending time in Jemaa el-Fnaa square.
Car Rental Prices in Casablanca
- Station wagons - from $151 per day
- Large cars - from $118 per day
- Medium cars - from $89 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $271 per day
- Premium cars - from $603 per day
- Small cars - from $60 per day
- SUVs - from $261 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
These are the first things you should try to find a great rental car deal in Casablanca:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Casablanca is the cheapest in January when renting a car is about 30% cheaper than the yearly average
Top 9 Cities near Casablanca
Marrakech Car Rentals from $39.88 per day200.2 km / 124.4 miles away
Tangier Car Rentals from $27.50 per day303.8 km / 188.8 miles away
Agadir Car Rentals from $34.66 per day379.6 km / 235.9 miles away
Fez Car Rentals from $27.50 per day249.7 km / 155.1 miles away
Rabat Car Rentals from $24.07 per day98.0 km / 60.9 miles away
Nador Car Rentals from $36.30 per day456.7 km / 283.8 miles away
Oujda Car Rentals from $27.50 per day545.1 km / 338.7 miles away
Essaouira Car Rentals from $36.30 per day294.2 km / 182.8 miles away
Ouarzazate Car Rentals from $36.30 per day277.5 km / 172.4 miles away
Top 15 Locations near Casablanca
Casablanca, Downtown Car Rentals from $35.80 per day
Casablanca, Casa-Port Railway Station Car Rentals from $71.78 per day
Casablanca, Casa-Voyageurs Railway Station Car Rentals from $50.66 per day2.2 km / 1.4 miles away
Casablanca Airport Car Rentals from $34.11 per day25.9 km / 16.1 miles away
Rabat, Agdal Railway Station Car Rentals from $24.07 per day83.1 km / 51.6 miles away
Rabat Airport Car Rentals from $24.07 per day94.1 km / 58.5 miles away
Marrakech Airport Car Rentals from $39.88 per day225.1 km / 139.9 miles away
Fes Airport Car Rentals from $27.50 per day246.3 km / 153.0 miles away
Tangier, Tanger Airport Car Rentals from $27.50 per day282.9 km / 175.8 miles away
Ouarzazate Airport Car Rentals from $36.30 per day303.1 km / 188.4 miles away
Essaouira Airport Car Rentals from $36.30 per day312.4 km / 194.1 miles away
Agadir Airport Car Rentals from $34.66 per day401.7 km / 249.6 miles away
Nador Airport Car Rentals from $36.30 per day448.5 km / 278.7 miles away
Oujda Airport Car Rentals from $27.50 per day539.6 km / 335.3 miles away
Dakhla Airport Car Rentals from $45.44 per day1364.8 km / 848.1 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Casablanca?
What’s the usual rental length in Casablanca?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Casablanca?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Thrifty||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Dollar||Peugeot 208||4||3||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Fiat Panda||2||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Dacia Logan||5||3||Medium cars|
|LocationAuto||Suzuki Celerio||4||1||Small cars|
|Dollar||Toyota Yaris Hybrid||5||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 20 Suppliers for Casablanca in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email