Car Rental Marrakech
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Marrakech?
Marrakesh is a great city to experience by car. Having the freedom of your own wheels will let you see this wide city and to visit attractions inside it and just outside the city borders, as well as to travel to other nearby destinations like the Atlas Mountains.
Top ways to enter Marrakech
- Marrakesh Airport: Located just outside the city proper and second busiest in Morocco, Marrakesh Menara Airport serves flights to and from a wide array of destinations in North Africa, Middle East, and Europe.
- Ouarzazate Airport: Serving the mountainous and historic city of Ouarzazate, this small and cozy airport is three to four hours drive from Marrakesh.
- Essaouira Airport: Right on the Atlantic Coast and about two hours drive from Marrakesh, Essaouira Airport serves flights to and from Germany, France, and Belgium.
- Agadir Airport: Located in another coastal city, but further down south, Agadir Airport is about three hours drive from Marrakesh.
Useful city facts
- Marrakesh enjoys a hot semi-arid climate. Summers are very dry and hot, with temperature often exceeding even 35 °C (95 °F). The winters, on the other hand, can get quite wet cool, especially in the months of December and January.
- Together with neighboring Safi and a number of other provinces, Marrakesh makes up the Marrakesh-Safi Region that is home to more than 4.5 million people.
Top destinations and activities
- Djemaa el-Fnaa. Perhaps the most famous bazaar in the whole Arab World, Djemaa el-Fnaa is, for many, the number one attraction in the whole of Morocco. Traditional singers and drummers, snake-charmers, and storytellers will fight for your attention, tattoo artists will be ready to give you a new henna right on the street, and local craftsmen will proudly show their carpets, lamps, and jewellery. It’s a place that’s not to be missed.
- Majorelle Gardens and the Berber Museum. Should you ever go tired of the crazy energy of Djemaa el-Fnaa, beautiful Majorelle Gardens that are famous for their wide variety of cactus species are a place for a walk, picnic, and long relaxed conversations with new-made friends. Next to the gardens you’ll find the Berber Museum where you can learn more about the traditions and culture of the native inhabitants of Marrakesh.
- Bahia Palace. Although relatively young - it was built only in the 19th century - Bahia Palace is arguably one of the most unique buildings in Marrakesh. Surrounded by gardens of banana flowers and other plants and full of beautiful rooms and courtyards, it is a perfect place to explore and relax in.
Traffic and parking tips
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h on motorways (autoroutes), 100 km/h on roads outside urban cities that are not motorways, and 60 km/h within populated areas.
- Even inside some big cities, and in the most smaller towns and villages, there are no special lanes for cyclists or sometimes even pavements for pedestrians. In those cases, you’ll be sharing a road with them, so be extra careful.
- Road signs are written in both Arabic and French. If you don’t know either of these languages, it’s good to learn at least the main terms in one of them before renting a car.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.00% for both experienced and novice drivers. Drunk driving can lead to large fines and even jail time or deportation.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The nation-wide emergency police number is 19 and the nation-wide ambulance and fire safety department number is 15.
A toll needs to be paid for using most of Morocco’s motorways or autoroutes. All of the toll roads in Morocco are administered by the state-owned company Autoroutes du Maroc (ADM).
Morocco uses a “closed system” for its toll roads, meaning that there is a toll booth both at the entrance and the exit of the toll road. You pay either by cash or by credit card (although some toll points might only accept cash so it’s good to have some available at all times). Make sure to keep any proof that you have paid for the toll road as police checks are frequent and fines can be hefty. The prices for using the toll roads are generally quite low.
Most of the toll roads connect the largest cities of the country. Oftentimes you can opt to use regional roads instead - while traveling along those will be much slower, the views are usually much more scenic.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Amizmiz. Located in the nearby High Atlas Mountains, the small town of Amizmiz hosts one of the largest souks in the region every Tuesday, but even if you come on another day, it is still a great place to appreciate the local atmosphere, meet the locals, and enjoy the views of the nearby peaks.
- Ourika Valley. Just 40 minutes drive from Marrakesh, beautiful Ourika Valley has become a bit touristy during the last few years, but should still be on anyone’s list thanks to its waterfalls, long hiking paths, and different Argan oil products made by local women.
- Oukaimeden. Located more than 3000 meters (9840 feet) above the sea level, Oukaimeden is arguably the best ski resort in the whole North Africa. Very near is Jebel Toubkal, the highest peak in the Atlas Mountains.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car types in Morocco are Economy, Mini, and Intermediate. Most national highways are in great shape and fit for vehicle of any size, but if you plan to drive in the nearby Atlas Mountains, getting a 4x4 vehicle can be a good idea. The most popular rental cars in Morocco are the Hyundai i10, the Dacia Logan, and the Renault Clio.
- Essaouira. This charming beach city is just three hours drive west of Marrakesh. Local street performers will claim to be sons of Jimi Hendrix (who once indeed favored visiting the place) while cooks of local seafood will leave you breathless.
- Taghazout. A serene beach town and a surfer’s paradise, cozy Taghazout (near the much larger city of Agadir) offers the possibility to hit the waves year-round. From here, it’s also easy to visit the nearby Paradise Valley with its gorges and waterfalls.
- Ouarzazate. Located east of Marrakesh and high in the mountains, Ouarzazate is similar to Marrakesh in some ways, but is more tranquil and traditional. The dry desert landscapes that surround it will make you feel like you’re on another planet.
Car Rental Prices in Marrakesh
- Station wagons - from $69 per day
- Large cars - from $87 per day
- Medium cars - from $58 per day
- People Carriers / Vans - from $62 per day
- Premium cars - from $303 per day
- Small cars - from $41 per day
- SUVs - from $75 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
These are the things to keep in mind to get a good rental car deal in Marrakesh:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Marrakesh is the cheapest in October when renting a car is about 45% cheaper than the yearly average and about 67% cheaper than renting a car in May.
Top 9 Cities near Marrakech
Casablanca Car Rentals from $16.67 per day200.2 km / 124.4 miles away
Tangier Car Rentals from $21.98 per day498.3 km / 309.6 miles away
Agadir Car Rentals from $19.07 per day193.8 km / 120.4 miles away
Fez Car Rentals from $26.21 per day385.1 km / 239.3 miles away
Rabat Car Rentals from $16.67 per day288.3 km / 179.1 miles away
Nador Car Rentals from $32.97 per day598.2 km / 371.7 miles away
Oujda Car Rentals from $32.98 per day669.5 km / 416.0 miles away
Essaouira Car Rentals from $29.79 per day157.7 km / 98.0 miles away
Ouarzazate Car Rentals from $29.79 per day130.3 km / 81.0 miles away
Top 15 Locations near Marrakech
Marrakech Airport Car Rentals from $16.67 per day
Marrakech, Downtown Car Rentals from $19.82 per day
Ouarzazate Airport Car Rentals from $29.79 per day130.3 km / 81.0 miles away
Essaouira Airport Car Rentals from $29.79 per day157.7 km / 98.0 miles away
Agadir Airport Car Rentals from $19.07 per day193.8 km / 120.4 miles away
Casablanca Airport Car Rentals from $16.67 per day200.2 km / 124.4 miles away
Casablanca, Casa-Voyageurs Railway Station Car Rentals from $50.93 per day224.4 km / 139.5 miles away
Casablanca, Casa-Port Railway Station Car Rentals from $16.67 per day225.1 km / 139.9 miles away
Rabat, Agdal Railway Station Car Rentals from $16.67 per day288.3 km / 179.1 miles away
Rabat Airport Car Rentals from $16.67 per day297.1 km / 184.6 miles away
Fes Airport Car Rentals from $26.21 per day385.1 km / 239.3 miles away
Tangier, Tanger Airport Car Rentals from $21.98 per day498.3 km / 309.6 miles away
Nador Airport Car Rentals from $32.97 per day598.2 km / 371.7 miles away
Oujda Airport Car Rentals from $32.98 per day669.5 km / 416.0 miles away
Dakhla Airport Car Rentals from $23.09 per day1171.4 km / 727.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Marrakech?
What’s the usual rental length in Marrakech?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Marrakech?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Rental Agent||Make / Model||Doors||Luggage||Type|
|GreenMotion||Hyundai i10||4||1||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|WANALOU||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Dollar||Peugeot 208||4||3||Small cars|
|Thrifty||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Suzuki Celerio||4||1||Small cars|
|WANALOU||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Peugeot 107||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 20 Suppliers for Marrakech in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email