Car Rental at Larnaca Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Larnaca is not only the location of the busiest airport in Cyprus but also one of the Mediterranean island country’s most interesting destinations. Notable for both its ancient heritage and beautiful beaches, the city can also serve as a hub from which the rest of southeast Cyprus can be explored. These are five of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Religious architecture. An overwhelmingly Orthodox Christian country, Cyprus is home to many beautiful churches and monasteries, and Larnaca is no exception to this. Some of the highlights include the St. Lazarus Church which is more than 1,000 years old, as well as the eclectic Faneromeni Church. Both are located in the city. Larnaca is also home to the Hala Sultan Tekke Mosque built during Ottoman times, which is located at the Salt Lake in Larnaca.
- Archaeological Museum of the Larnaka District. Inhabited since prehistoric times, Cyprus was heavily influenced by its famous neighbors, Ancient Greece, the Near East, and Egypt. While there are many historic sites and ruins all over the island, one of the best places to get a comprehensive insight into this fabled history is Larnaca’s Archaeological Museum. Located just a short walk north of the city center, it features many Hellenic and Assyrian artifacts.
- Larnaca Medieval Castle. Larnaca Castle is a medieval fortress crafted during the Middle Ages to safeguard the town's harbor. Today, this historic site has been transformed into a medieval museum, housing a captivating array of antique artifacts that offer a fascinating glimpse into the past.
- Larnaca Salt Lake. Located south-west of the city center and divided from the sea by a narrow strip of land, Larnaca Salt Lake is as popular a tourist attraction as many of the area’s Mediterranean beaches. The picturesque lake is best explored via a walking trail along its eastern coast — if you’re lucky, you might get to spot pink flamingos during the winter months, which rank among the area’s most popular inhabitants.
- Nicosia. Not located on the coast and politically divided between the Greek and Turkish-speaking parts, the capital of Cyprus has a very different atmosphere than coastal cities like Larnaca. With plenty of history and culture to explore, the city is also rumored to be home to some of the country’s most authentic restaurants. Keep in mind that many car rental suppliers don’t allow crossing the de-facto border with Northern Cyprus, but, if you can enter visa-free or have the proper visa, you can park your car on the Greek-speaking side and explore the city on foot. The drive from Larnaca to Nicosia only takes about 45 minutes.
- Lefkara. Lefkara is located in the heart of Cyprus, around 40 km from Larnaca. The picturesque village with a lace-making tradition is a must-visit place. While exploring the cobbled streets of Lefkara, you can witness artisans at work creating delicate lacework and silver craftsmanship.
- Wreck of Zenobia. Of special interest to divers (a notable segment of tourists visiting Larnaca) is the wreck of the MS Zenobia. The ferry was named after an ancient Syrian queen, but sadly that did not stop it from capsizing and sinking on its maiden voyage in 1980 — luckily, there were no casualties. Nowadays, the wreck has found a second life as a popular diving site and has often been named one of the top ten spots in the world.
Top international routes
- Tel Aviv
- Saint Petersburg
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $102 per day
- Station wagons - from $27 per day
- Large cars - from $20 per day
- Medium cars - from $14 per day
- Vans - from $47 per day
- Premium cars - from $47 per day
- Small cars - from $10 per day
- SUVs - from $25 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Paphos (133 km / 82 mi)
- Nicosia (52 km / 32 mi)
- Limassol (67 km / 41 mi)
Larnaca Airport (LCA)
- IATA: LCA
- ICAO: LCLK
- Name: Larnaca Airport (LCA)
- Distance from city: 1.2 miles / 2 km
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Larnaca Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Larnaca Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Larnaca Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Aercar, Get Your Car, AutoRent Cyprus, RightCars, AIDA|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Vans|
|Lowest price||$10 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||AutoRent Cyprus|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AIDA||Toyota Aygo||4||2||Small cars|
|Aercar||Volkswagen Up||5||2||Small cars|
|AutoRent Cyprus||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|Get Your Car||Citroen C1||5||1||Small cars|
|Aercar||Toyota Yaris||5||1||Small cars|
|Get Your Car||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|AutoRent Cyprus||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|Get Your Car||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|AutoRent Cyprus||Toyota Aygo||4||2||Small cars|
|Aercar||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.