Car Rental at Dubrovnik Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located in the far south of Croatia, Dubrovnik is often called one of the most idyllic seaside towns in Europe. Best known for its old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it punches way above its weight when it comes to historic landmarks and is also just a short drive away from a number of spectacular beaches and nature areas. Here are some interesting facts about it:
Dubrovnik has a fascinating history, dating back to the 7th century when it was an important trading center and naval power.
The Dubrovnik Old City Walls stretch for hover 1.5 miles and were built between the 13th and 16th century. Walking the circumference of the walls is one of the top tourist activities in Dubrovnik.
Dubrovnik is known for its stunning, crystal-clear water beaches and excellent seafood restaurants.
Dubrovnik is the filming location for “Kings Landing” in the famous Game of Thrones series.
The Old City of Dubrovnik is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its well-preserved architecture ranging from Gothing to Baroque.
And here are some interesting things to do and see in and around Dubrovnik:
- City walls. One of the main attractions of the Old Town of Dubrovnik is, in fact, the city walls that encompass it. Stretching for about 1.5 miles, the walls have three entrances/exits: the Customs House, Pile gates, and St. John’s (or St. Ivana) Fort. Many of Dubrovnik’s landmarks are inside the walls, and they are also the best place for enjoying the views of the Adriatic Sea below.
- Sponza Palace. One of the oldest buildings in town, the Sponza Palace dates back to the 16th century; 150 years after its construction it was one of the very few structures in Dubrovnik that survived the earthquake of 1667. A mixture of Gothic and Renaissance styles, the palace is right behind Luža Square, one of the busiest and culturally active parts of the city.
- Mljet. A scenic island just off the coast of the mainland, Mljet is one of the most popular day trips from Dubrovnik. The island is known for its picturesque beaches, a national park of the same name, and opportunities for water sports. There is a ferry from Dubrovnik, but you cannot take a rental car with you; if you’d like to take your vehicle, you can take an hour’s drive north to the village of Prapratno and take a car ferry from there. If you go for the latter option, make sure to ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Maritime Museum. Dubrovnik was settled and became important thanks to its favorable location on the Adriatic Sea — it is what also made the city a prized possession of several empires. The best place to learn about this heritage is the city’s Maritime Museum, fittingly located practically on the coast in the southeastern corner of the Old Town.
- Montenegro. One of the up-and-coming travel destinations of Europe, Montenegro is just a 50-minute drive east of Dubrovnik — and the quaint coastal towns Herceg Novi and Kotor are just a bit further. Unlike Croatia, Montenegro is not a member state of the European Union, but visitors of most Western countries can visit visa-free (it’s nonetheless a good idea to look up the policy regarding citizens of your country). There are a number of rental car companies that permit cross-border trips, but make sure to ask them in advance— and to check the rental conditions before booking.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $69 per day
- Station wagons - from $19 per day
- Large cars - from $16 per day
- Medium cars - from $12 per day
- Vans - from $19 per day
- Premium cars - from $25 per day
- Small cars - from $9 per day
- SUVs - from $15 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Zagreb (618 km / 384 mi)
- Tivat (70 km / 43 mi)
- Podgorica (151 km / 94 mi)
- Ljubljana (674 km / 419 mi)
- Sibenik (296 km / 184 mi)
- Tuzla Airport (360 km / 224 mi)
Dubrovnik Airport (DBV)
- IATA: DBV
- ICAO: LDDU
- Name: Dubrovnik Airport (DBV)
- Distance from city: 8.1 miles / 13 km
Top 20 Locations near Dubrovnik Airport
Car Rental at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel from $45.72 per day16.2 km / 10.1 miles away
Car Rental at Dubrovnik Aci Marina from $39.49 per day16.9 km / 10.5 miles away
Car Rental in Dubrovnik with delivery within city limits from $64.01 per day17.4 km / 10.8 miles away
Car Rental in Dubrovnik (Downtown) from $11.87 per day17.8 km / 11.1 miles away
Car Rental at Dubrovnik Hotel Lapad from $45.72 per day18.6 km / 11.6 miles away
Car Rental in Split (Downtown) from $16.35 per day181.5 km / 112.8 miles away
Car Rental in Split with delivery within city limits from $64.01 per day181.6 km / 112.8 miles away
Car Rental at Split Port from $45.72 per day181.8 km / 113.0 miles away
Car Rental at Split Airport from $10.47 per day193.5 km / 120.2 miles away
Car Rental at Zadar Airport from $11.07 per day292.2 km / 181.6 miles away
Car Rental in Zadar (Downtown) from $15.85 per day298.8 km / 185.7 miles away
Car Rental at the Port of Zadar from $85.72 per day300.7 km / 186.8 miles away
Car Rental at Osijek Airport from $13.08 per day325.5 km / 202.3 miles away
Car Rental at Zagreb Airport from $8.79 per day394.9 km / 245.4 miles away
Car Rental at Zagreb Train Station from $45.72 per day404.2 km / 251.2 miles away
Car Rental in Zagreb with delivery within city limits from $64.01 per day404.7 km / 251.5 miles away
Car Rental at Panorama Zagreb Hotel from $18.30 per day405.2 km / 251.8 miles away
Car Rental at Rijeka Airport from $14.94 per day418.3 km / 259.9 miles away
Car Rental at Pula Airport from $11.07 per day434.9 km / 270.2 miles away
Car Rental in Rovinj (Downtown) from $18.30 per day464.1 km / 288.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Dubrovnik Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Dubrovnik Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Dubrovnik Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Garage Nr1, Avia, Ok Mobility, Carwiz, GreenMotion|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Vans|
|Lowest price||$9 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Ok Mobility|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Garage Nr1||Hyundai i20||5||2||Small cars|
|Avia||Skoda Fabia||5||1||Small cars|
|Avia||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Avia||Volkswagen Golf||5||4||Medium cars|
|Avia||Volkswagen Up||5||2||Small cars|
|Garage Nr1||Volkswagen Up||3||2||Small cars|
|Garage Nr1||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|Ok Mobility||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
|Garage Nr1||Opel Crossland X||5||2||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.