Car Hire at Barcelona Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
One of the most visited cities in Europe, Barcelona has plenty for visitors to enjoy. From the busy La Rambla to the Gothic quarter and the architecture of Gaudi, the city is home to a wealth of things to see and do. But the region of Catalonia is more than just one city, however great, and if you’ve hired a car, it would be a shame not to explore beyond Barcelona’s borders. Here are three destinations for an enjoyable day trip:
- Girona. Located in the north of Catalonia, Girona is a place with a special, calm atmosphere. Situated at the confluence of four rivers, the historic city boasts a well-preserved old town and landmarks like the medieval Jewish quarter, the old Arab baths (now turned into a museum), and the beautiful Benedictine church of Sant Pere de Galligants. Girona is also famous as the access point of the nearby Costa Brava or the wild coast, a stunning beach stretching all the way to the border with France. Located some 105 km (65 miles) northeast of Barcelona, Girona can be reached in about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Tarragona. Inhabited since antiquity, Tarragona was founded by Phoenicians. But it was the area’s next rulers, the Romans, who left the city’s most impressive landmark, the impressive Tarraco complex. A UNESCO World Heritage site, it includes old fortifications, an amphitheatre, a necropolis, and many other structures. In addition to that, the city is home to a number of annual festivities like the International Fireworks Display which takes place in the first week of every July. And this being Catalonia, there are also a number of blue flag beaches. Situated about 100 km (62 miles) southwest of Barcelona, Tarragona can be reached in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Lleida. Capital of the province of the same name, Lleida is the largest inland settlement of Catalonia. Markedly different in atmosphere from the resort towns on the coast, it is home to Seu Vella Cathedral, a number of other beautiful churches, Lleida Museum, and large green spaces. The city is perfectly situated to explore the bucolic Catalan countryside and vineyards, and it can also serve as an access point to the mighty Pyrenees. Located about 160 km (100 miles) east of Barcelona, Lleida takes two hours to reach.
Top international routes
- Buenos Aires Airport Ezeiza
Most popular types of hire car
- Convertibles - starting at £ 18 per day
- Station wagons - starting at £ 23 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 25 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 9 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 20 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 66 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 6 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 9 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Barcelona Airport (BCN)
- IATA: BCN
- ICAO: LEBL
- Name: Barcelona Airport (BCN)
- Distance from the city centre: 6.2 miles / 10 km
Top 15 Destinations around Barcelona Airport
Car Hire at Reus Airport starting at £ 16.90 per day78.0 km / 48.5 miles away
Car Hire at Girona Airport starting at £ 17.00 per day87.9 km / 54.6 miles away
Car Hire at Valencia Airport starting at £ 6.86 per day295.6 km / 183.7 miles away
Car Hire at Alicante Airport starting at £ 12.56 per day403.6 km / 250.8 miles away
Car Hire at Bilbao Airport starting at £ 7.59 per day466.8 km / 290.1 miles away
Car Hire at Region de Murcia International Airport starting at £ 14.19 per day475.9 km / 295.7 miles away
Car Hire at Madrid Airport starting at £ 11.60 per day483.1 km / 300.2 miles away
Car Hire at Almeria Airport starting at £ 16.55 per day626.6 km / 389.4 miles away
Car Hire at Granada Airport starting at £ 20.23 per day680.1 km / 422.6 miles away
Car Hire in Malaga (Downtown) starting at £ 38.65 per day761.2 km / 473.0 miles away
Car Hire at Malaga Airport starting at £ 22.72 per day766.0 km / 476.0 miles away
Car Hire at Seville Airport starting at £ 17.20 per day809.3 km / 502.9 miles away
Car Hire at Gibraltar La Linea Airport starting at £ 27.82 per day860.9 km / 534.9 miles away
Car Hire at Jerez Airport starting at £ 16.83 per day865.7 km / 537.9 miles away
Car Hire at Santiago de Compostela Airport starting at £ 15.71 per day883.3 km / 548.9 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Barcelona Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Barcelona Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Barcelona Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||Record-go, Goldcar, Nizacars Rent A Car, Drivalia, Centauro|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, SUVs, Medium cars, People Carriers|
|Lowest price||£ 6 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Record-go||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Record-go||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Drivalia||Citroen C1||3||1||Small cars|
|Nizacars Rent A Car||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.