Car Hire in Naples
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Why hire a car in Naples?
Inhabited since antiquity, Naples has a past that very few other cities in Europe can compare with — as testified by its many classical sites and the largest historical city centre on the continent. Other draws of this timeless destination include the proximity to a number of beautiful coastal areas and, naturally, the local cuisine.
One-way Car Hire in Naples
The most popular one-way car hire options for pick up in Naples and drop off in another city include:
- From Naples to Bari - 125 offers from £ 15.89 per day
- From Naples to Rome - 119 offers from £ 15.89 per day
- From Naples to Milan - 202 offers from £ 18.78 per day
- From Naples to Brindisi - 119 offers from £ 18.78 per day
- From Naples to Genoa - 83 offers from £ 15.89 per day
Top ways to enter Naples
- Naples Airport. One of the busiest in Southern Italy, Naples Airport handles about ten million travellers every year. Unlike many other southern airports, there are plenty of connections year-round, not just during the high tourist season. The airport is popular with a number of low-cost carriers including easyJet, Wizz Air, and Volotea.
Top destinations and activities
- Churches. Even if you’re not religious, exploring the sacral architecture of Naples can be a very special experience. Just inside the city’s UNESCO-recognized city centre, there are at least ten notable houses of prayer of different ages, histories, and architectural styles. You could do worse than begin with Gesù Nuovo, the highly distinctive 18th-century Baroque church that’s just as impressive from the inside as it is from the facade.
- Castel dell'Ovo. Although nobody has been able to find the egg that the legendary poet Virgil supposedly left inside the castle’s foundations (and that gives it its name), the seaside fortification is one of the most impressive buildings in Naples. The original construction in the area, done by Greek colonists, actually predates Virgil by some 500 years, although the present castle is dated to the 12th century and was built by the Normans.
- Royal Palace and the National Museum. Another must-visit place figuring on the lists of thousands of visitors to Naples, the National Museum is indeed rather special — not least for the works of El Greco, Titian, and other timeless masters that are on display here.
Traffic and parking
- The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h.
- Main highways are limited to 130 km/h, non-major highways to 110 km/h, and local roads to 90 km/h. During the rain, the limits are respectively lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Being over the allowed limit can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
- The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are numerous toll roads in Italy. The exact fee depends on the route you choose and the type of vehicle. See the official Italian toll road website for more information. Use the website’s toll road calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for day trips
- Pompeii. Buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius more than 2,000 years ago, but famous to this day, Pompeii is a truly unique place to visit (the same can be said of Herculaneum, another site near Naples that shared the same destiny). If possible, try to visit on a working day as the crowds might be relatively smaller. Visit the Pompeii official tourist website to learn more. The drive from Naples takes about 30 minutes.
- Amalfi coast. The island of Capri is naturally the most famous coastal destination in the area, but driving alongside the idyllic Amalfi coast can be just as rewarding. Reached in just an hour from Naples and stretching for some 70 km (42 miles) in the neighbouring province of Salerno, it is made up of lovely beaches, quaint towns, and the impressive Amalfi Cathedral.
Most popular cars
The most hired car in Naples is the Ford Fiesta, followed by the Toyota Aygo and the Fiat Panda. The most hired car types are economy, mini, and intermediate.
Car Hire Prices in Naples
- Station wagons - starting at £ 135 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 89 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 52 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 132 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 144 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 39 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 63 per day
These are some good methods to save money on the car you hire:
- Compare rates of different car hire suppliers
- Book your vehicle well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit in the month when the car hire prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Naples is the cheapest in November when hiring a car is a whole 70% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Naples
Rome Car Hire starting at £ 9.27 per day175.0 km / 108.8 miles away
Milan Car Hire starting at £ 4.98 per day651.2 km / 404.7 miles away
Bari Car Hire starting at £ 6.46 per day210.9 km / 131.0 miles away
Florence Car Hire starting at £ 7.25 per day413.9 km / 257.2 miles away
Venice Car Hire starting at £ 5.54 per day539.6 km / 335.3 miles away
Bergamo Car Hire starting at £ 3.71 per day650.6 km / 404.3 miles away
Bologna Car Hire starting at £ 5.69 per day476.0 km / 295.8 miles away
Pisa Car Hire starting at £ 3.65 per day448.0 km / 278.3 miles away
Turin Car Hire starting at £ 8.01 per day722.9 km / 449.2 miles away
Verona Car Hire starting at £ 7.12 per day574.3 km / 356.9 miles away
Lamezia Terme Car Hire starting at £ 8.72 per day274.5 km / 170.6 miles away
Brindisi Car Hire starting at £ 11.62 per day309.9 km / 192.6 miles away
Treviso Car Hire starting at £ 8.90 per day558.5 km / 347.0 miles away
Genoa Car Hire starting at £ 7.10 per day594.8 km / 369.6 miles away
Pescara Car Hire starting at £ 11.00 per day174.9 km / 108.7 miles away
Perugia Car Hire starting at £ 18.61 per day288.2 km / 179.1 miles away
Trieste Car Hire starting at £ 14.28 per day556.2 km / 345.6 miles away
Salerno Car Hire starting at £ 20.98 per day46.4 km / 28.9 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Car Hire starting at £ 19.35 per day328.1 km / 203.9 miles away
Ancona Car Hire starting at £ 7.90 per day315.6 km / 196.1 miles away
Top 19 Destinations around Naples
Naples Airport Car Hire starting at £ 7.96 per day3.1 km / 1.9 miles away
Pescara Airport Car Hire starting at £ 11.00 per day174.9 km / 108.7 miles away
Rome Ciampino Airport Car Hire starting at £ 9.27 per day175.0 km / 108.8 miles away
Rome Fiumicino Airport Car Hire starting at £ 3.52 per day199.1 km / 123.7 miles away
Bari Airport Car Hire starting at £ 6.46 per day210.9 km / 131.0 miles away
Brindisi Airport Car Hire starting at £ 11.62 per day309.9 km / 192.6 miles away
Ancona Airport Car Hire starting at £ 7.90 per day315.6 km / 196.1 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Airport Car Hire starting at £ 9.64 per day331.8 km / 206.2 miles away
Rimini Airport Car Hire starting at £ 23.70 per day377.0 km / 234.3 miles away
Florence Airport Car Hire starting at £ 7.25 per day413.9 km / 257.2 miles away
Pisa Airport Car Hire starting at £ 3.65 per day448.0 km / 278.3 miles away
Bologna Airport Car Hire starting at £ 5.69 per day476.0 km / 295.8 miles away
Venice Airport Car Hire starting at £ 5.54 per day539.6 km / 335.3 miles away
Trieste Airport Car Hire starting at £ 14.28 per day556.2 km / 345.6 miles away
Treviso Airport Car Hire starting at £ 8.90 per day558.5 km / 347.0 miles away
Verona Airport Car Hire starting at £ 7.12 per day574.3 km / 356.9 miles away
Genoa Airport Car Hire starting at £ 7.10 per day594.8 km / 369.6 miles away
Bergamo Airport Car Hire starting at £ 3.71 per day650.6 km / 404.3 miles away
Milan Airport Linate Car Hire starting at £ 4.98 per day651.2 km / 404.7 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car in Naples?
What is the usual period for which people keep their hire cars, on average, in Naples?
What is the most favoured month for hiring a car in Naples?
Car Hire Information
|Car hire locations||13|
|Popular suppliers||Brent, Sicily By Car, Noleggiare, Drivalia, Surprice|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||£ 8 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Brent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Opel Karl||4||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Drivalia||Lancia Ypsilon||4||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Brent||Renault Captur||5||3||Medium cars|
|Drivalia||Fiat 500L||5||2||Medium cars|
|RentalPlus||Fiat Panda||5||1||Medium cars|
|GaldieriRent||Citroën C3||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.