Car Hire in Naples
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Why hire a car in Naples?
Inhabited since antiquity, Naples has a past that very few other cities in Europe can compare with — as testified by its many classical sites and the largest historical city centre on the continent. Other draws of this timeless destination include the proximity to a number of beautiful coastal areas and, naturally, the local cuisine.
One-way Car Hire in Naples
The most popular one-way car hire options for pick up in Naples and drop off in another city include:
- From Naples to Bari - 125 offers from £ 15.88 per day
- From Naples to Milan - 202 offers from £ 18.77 per day
- From Naples to Rome - 119 offers from £ 15.88 per day
- From Naples to Florence - 127 offers from £ 15.88 per day
- From Naples to Brindisi - 119 offers from £ 18.77 per day
Top ways to enter Naples
- Naples Airport. One of the busiest in Southern Italy, Naples Airport handles about ten million travellers every year. Unlike many other southern airports, there are plenty of connections year-round, not just during the high tourist season. The airport is popular with a number of low-cost carriers including easyJet, Wizz Air, and Volotea.
Top destinations and activities
- Churches. Even if you’re not religious, exploring the sacral architecture of Naples can be a very special experience. Just inside the city’s UNESCO-recognized city centre, there are at least ten notable houses of prayer of different ages, histories, and architectural styles. You could do worse than begin with Gesù Nuovo, the highly distinctive 18th-century Baroque church that’s just as impressive from the inside as it is from the facade.
- Castel dell'Ovo. Although nobody has been able to find the egg that the legendary poet Virgil supposedly left inside the castle’s foundations (and that gives it its name), the seaside fortification is one of the most impressive buildings in Naples. The original construction in the area, done by Greek colonists, actually predates Virgil by some 500 years, although the present castle is dated to the 12th century and was built by the Normans.
- Royal Palace and the National Museum. Another must-visit place figuring on the lists of thousands of visitors to Naples, the National Museum is indeed rather special — not least for the works of El Greco, Titian, and other timeless masters that are on display here.
Traffic and parking
- The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h.
- Main highways are limited to 130 km/h, non-major highways to 110 km/h, and local roads to 90 km/h. During the rain, the limits are respectively lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Being over the allowed limit can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
- The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are numerous toll roads in Italy. The exact fee depends on the route you choose and the type of vehicle. See the official Italian toll road website for more information. Use the website’s toll road calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Pompeii. Buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius more than 2,000 years ago, but famous to this day, Pompeii is a truly unique place to visit (the same can be said of Herculaneum, another site near Naples that shared the same destiny). If possible, try to visit on a working day as the crowds might be relatively smaller. Visit the Pompeii official tourist website to learn more. The drive from Naples takes about 30 minutes.
- Amalfi coast. The island of Capri is naturally the most famous coastal destination in the area, but driving alongside the idyllic Amalfi coast can be just as rewarding. Reached in just an hour from Naples and stretching for some 70 km (42 miles) in the neighbouring province of Salerno, it is made up of lovely beaches, quaint towns, and the impressive Amalfi Cathedral.
Most popular cars
The most hired car in Naples is the Ford Fiesta, followed by the Toyota Aygo and the Fiat Panda. The most hired car types are economy, mini, and intermediate.
Car Hire Prices in Naples
- Station wagons - starting at £ 204 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 223 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 181 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 141 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 318 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 118 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 196 per day
These are some good methods to save money on the car you hire:
- Compare rates of different car hire suppliers
- Book your vehicle well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit in the month when the car hire prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Naples is the cheapest in November when hiring a car is a whole 70% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 17 Cities near Naples
Rome starting at £ 41.37 per day186.7 km / 116.0 miles away
Milan starting at £ 34.04 per day671.7 km / 417.4 miles away
Bergamo starting at £ 15.96 per day656.2 km / 407.7 miles away
410.8 km / 255.3 miles away
Bari starting at £ 68.54 per day217.7 km / 135.3 miles away
Venice starting at £ 47.57 per day541.5 km / 336.5 miles away
Bologna starting at £ 54.82 per day476.2 km / 295.9 miles away
Turin starting at £ 108.84 per day710.6 km / 441.5 miles away
Verona starting at £ 46.02 per day574.8 km / 357.2 miles away
Pisa starting at £ 121.47 per day430.0 km / 267.2 miles away
Brindisi starting at £ 50.98 per day316.0 km / 196.4 miles away
Mestre Venice starting at £ 122.59 per day541.9 km / 336.7 miles away
Treviso starting at £ 79.98 per day560.3 km / 348.2 miles away
Lamezia Terme starting at £ 98.63 per day274.8 km / 170.8 miles away
Bolzano starting at £ 94.63 per day667.8 km / 414.9 miles away
Genoa starting at £ 78.97 per day585.4 km / 363.8 miles away
Vicenza starting at £ 122.59 per day564.5 km / 350.8 miles away
Top 20 Destinations around Naples
Naples Fuorigrotta starting at £ 113.63 per day
Naples Mergellina starting at £ 122.87 per day1.6 km / 1.0 miles away
Napoli Chiaia starting at £ 112.70 per day2.3 km / 1.4 miles away
Naples Arenella starting at £ 130.33 per day3.3 km / 2.0 miles away
Pozzuoli Antiniana starting at £ 112.70 per day4.1 km / 2.5 miles away
Napoli Port starting at £ 132.32 per day4.6 km / 2.9 miles away
Napoli P. Garibaldi Railway Station starting at £ 141.07 per day6.6 km / 4.1 miles away
Pozzuoli Dowtown starting at £ 112.70 per day6.9 km / 4.3 miles away
Pozzuoli Dowtown starting at £ 112.70 per day7.6 km / 4.7 miles away
Naples Poggioreale starting at £ 112.70 per day8.1 km / 5.0 miles away
Naples Mercato delle Pulci di Poggioreale starting at £ 112.70 per day9.7 km / 6.0 miles away
Naples Airport starting at £ 49.11 per day10.0 km / 6.2 miles away
Napoli Casavatore starting at £ 149.18 per day10.3 km / 6.4 miles away
Napoli Zona Commerciale San Salvatore starting at £ 112.70 per day12.4 km / 7.7 miles away
Napoli Santa Maria la Carita starting at £ 113.63 per day27.9 km / 17.3 miles away
Caserta Railway Station starting at £ 116.52 per day29.0 km / 18.0 miles away
Avellino Torelli-Torrette starting at £ 112.70 per day48.1 km / 29.9 miles away
Salerno Fisciano starting at £ 112.70 per day48.7 km / 30.3 miles away
Salerno Train Station starting at £ 101.08 per day50.9 km / 31.6 miles away
Salerno P.i.p. starting at £ 112.70 per day55.1 km / 34.2 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car in Naples?
What is the usual period for which people keep their hire cars, on average, in Naples?
What month is the most favoured for hiring a car in Naples?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Brent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Opel Karl||4||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Brent||Renault Captur||5||3||Medium cars|
|Leasys||Lancia Ypsilon||4||2||Small cars|
|Leasys||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Maggiore||Lancia Ypsilon||5||1||Small cars|
|Leasys||Fiat 500L||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.