Car Hire at Rome Ciampino Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Offers
Airport Car Hire
No city on earth can rival Rome when it comes to magnificent history. Hundreds of thousands of visitors travel every year to enjoy sites like the Colosseum, the Vatican, and the National Museum. But while undoubtedly impressive, the crowded tourist landmarks can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming. Luckily, the Eternal City is surrounded by many other points of interest, so why not make the most of the car you’ve hired and visited some of them? Here are three ideas for an enjoyable day-trip from Rome:
- Beaches. Rome is not usually thought of as a beach destination — unlike, say, Barcelona, it doesn’t have long beaches adjacent to its city centre. However, being located just miles from the Mediterranean, there are a number of lovely coastal spots just a short drive away. Santa Severa and Santa Marinella, a small, but developed and busy resort town favored by the rich and famous, is about 73 km (45 miles) north of the centre of Rome. Anzio, a larger town famous not only for beaches, but also delicious seafood, is 60 km (37 miles) south. Further down the coast, about two hours from Rome and halfway to Naples, is Sperlonga, a picturesque, well-preserved coastal town with a truly serene atmosphere.
- Sacro Bosco. Known as the Sacred Grove, the Gardens of Bomarzo after the town in which they are located, or, most memorably, the Park of the Monsters, Sacro Bosco is a large sculpture park in the northern part of Lazio Province. Created in the 16th century at the order of the Duke of Bomarzo, it features impressive stone structures of such historic and mythical beings as Hannibal’s war elephants, Cerberus, and Aphrodite. Many artists in later centuries, including Salvador Dali, would draw inspiration from the sculptures. More awe-inspiring than scary, the park and the forest surrounding it is a place with a calm, special atmosphere. Located about 90 km (56 mi) from Rome, the park can be reached in about an hour.
- Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise National Park. Named after the three Italian provinces that share it, this national park is one of the largest protected areas in Italy. Located in the Apennine Mountains, it is criss-crossed by highland trails that take travellers along scenic mountain lakes, to ancient monasteries and through quaint villages. The town of Pescasseroli which is the main hub of the park is about 160 km (99 miles) southeast of Rome and can be reached in just over two hours. Should you wish to extend your stay, there are many accommodation options in the surrounding towns and villages. Other nature areas closer to Rome include Bracciano Martignano Regional Nature Park, Marcigliana Nature Reserve, Navegna and Cervia Mountains Nature Reserve, and Mount Aurunci Natural Park.
Top international routes
Most popular types of hire car
- Station wagons - starting at £ 30 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 43 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 27 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - starting at £ 60 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 120 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 14 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 28 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Milan (589 km / 366 mi). The largest city in Northern Italy and sometimes seen as Rome’s rival, Milan doesn’t have the same amount of historic sites as Rome does, but more than makes up for it with class and sophistication. Travelers love landmarks like Milan Cathedral and La Scala Opera house, as well as the beautiful nature of the surrounding region of Lombardy.
- Venice (542 km / 337 mi). Although it can be even more crowded with tourists than Rome or Florence, the sinking city is one of a kind. Drop off your rental car at the mainland portion of Venice and go on to enjoy a gondola ride or marvel at world-famous landmarks like San Marco Tower and the Doge's Palace.
- Naples (214 km / 133 mi). The capital of the Campania region, this ancient metropolis is sometimes overlooked by travelers, but those who dare to travel south of Rome are rewarded with mouth-watering cuisine, great religious architecture, idyllic surrounding beaches, and the amazing site that is the nearby Pompeii.
- Florence (284 km / 176 mi). The birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence is home to the Uffizi Gallery, Giotto’s Tower, Museum of the Works of Duomo, and countless other fascinating sites and landmarks. What’s even better, the city is surrounded by quaint Tuscan countryside.
- Bologna (391 km / 243 mi). Home to the oldest university in the world and large, lively student population, Bologna blends old and new to create a unique mix of its own. Travelers visit the city for the San Petronio Basilica, City Art Collections Museum, and amazing food.
- Pisa (368 km / 229 mi). Although rightfully famous for its world-famous main landmark, Pisa is so much more than just the home of the leaning tower. The Baptistry of St. John, San Matteo Museum, and the city marina are just as fascinating to explore, as are the beaches that are just a short drive up or down the coast.
Rome Ciampino Airport (CIA)
- IATA: CIA
- ICAO: LIRA
- Name: Rome Ciampino Airport (CIA)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 53,153
- Passengers (per year): 5,834,201
- Distance from the city centre: 8.1 miles / 13 km SSE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 20 Destinations around Rome Airport Ciampino
Car Hire Rome Prati starting at £ 13.87 per day1.8 km / 1.1 miles away
Car Hire at Rome Termini Railway Station starting at £ 8.00 per day2.2 km / 1.4 miles away
Car Hire Rome Corso di Francia starting at £ 12.10 per day2.3 km / 1.4 miles away
Car Hire Rome Vaticano starting at £ 12.10 per day3.1 km / 1.9 miles away
Car Hire at Rome Tiburtina Train station starting at £ 7.54 per day3.4 km / 2.1 miles away
Car Hire Rome Via Dei Prati Fiscali starting at £ 12.10 per day4.2 km / 2.6 miles away
Car Hire Rome di Portonaccio starting at £ 10.02 per day4.5 km / 2.8 miles away
Car Hire Rome Via Aurelia starting at £ 12.91 per day4.7 km / 2.9 miles away
Car Hire Rome Gianicolense starting at £ 12.10 per day5.1 km / 3.1 miles away
Car Hire Rome Via Appia starting at £ 12.10 per day5.3 km / 3.3 miles away
Car Hire Rome Centocelle starting at £ 12.47 per day6.8 km / 4.2 miles away
Car Hire Rome Rebibbia starting at £ 12.10 per day7.0 km / 4.4 miles away
Car Hire Rome Via Tuscolana starting at £ 12.10 per day8.7 km / 5.4 miles away
Car Hire Rome EUR starting at £ 10.33 per day9.6 km / 6.0 miles away
Car Hire at Rome Fiumicino Airport starting at £ 3.90 per day23.1 km / 14.3 miles away
Car Hire Frosinone Ferentino starting at £ 30.16 per day68.3 km / 42.4 miles away
Car Hire at Chiusi Railway Station starting at £ 43.07 per day128.5 km / 79.9 miles away
Car Hire at Perugia Airport starting at £ 10.75 per day131.4 km / 81.6 miles away
Car Hire at Pescara Airport starting at £ 7.91 per day151.0 km / 93.8 miles away
Car Hire at Naples Airport starting at £ 5.36 per day189.0 km / 117.4 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Rome Ciampino Airport?
What’s the most popular hire length at Rome Ciampino Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Rome Ciampino Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Ecovia||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Target Rent||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Nissan Juke||5||2||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|