Car Rental in Naples
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Naples?
Naples is a great place to visit by car. Having your own ride will not only let you explore this surprisingly large city, but also travel to nearby Pompeii, beaches, and further destinations.
One-Way Car Rentals in Naples
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Naples and drop off in another city include:
- From Naples to Bari - 125 offers from US$ 21.72 per day
- From Naples to Rome - 119 offers from US$ 21.72 per day
- From Naples to Milan - 202 offers from US$ 25.68 per day
- From Naples to Brindisi - 119 offers from US$ 25.68 per day
- From Naples to Genoa - 83 offers from US$ 21.72 per day
Top ways to enter Naples
- Naples Airport: Popular with airlines like Ryanair, Volotea, easyJet, and many others, Naples Airport is well-connected to many destinations in Europe, as well as North Africa and the Middle East.
- Rome Fiumicino Airport: Named after Leonardo Da Vinci and busiest in Italy, Rome Fiumicino Airport serves flights to destinations in all continents of the world. From here, Naples is just 225 km (140 mi) away.
- Rome Ciampino Airport: The smaller of the two Rome airports, Ciampino is connected to many destinations both in Western and Eastern Europe.
Useful city facts
- First settled by Greeks more than 3000 years ago and modern capital of Campania Region, Naples has a metropolitan population of more than 3,000,000 people.
- Naples is warm and more humid than many other Mediterranean coastal cities. Winters are mild, while summer temperatures often exceed 30 °C (86 °F).
Top destinations and activities
- San Francesco di Paola. Perhaps the most famous church of Naples, the Royal Palace is located in Piazza del Plebiscito, the city’s main square and beating heart.
- Royal Palace (Palazzo Reale). Built for Bourbon Kings during their rule of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies in the 17th Century, the old palace is another important historic and architectural landmark.
- Cuisine. Not only the birthplace, but arguably the world capital of pizza, Naples has endless varieties of it that you won’t find anywhere. Its seafood, cheese, are wine is just as good.
Traffic and parking tips
The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h.
Main highways are limited to 130 km/h, non-major highways to 110 km/h, and local roads to 90 km/h. During the rain the limits are respectively lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Being over the allowed limit can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are numerous toll roads in Italy. The exact fee depends on the route of your choice and the type of a vehicle. See the official Italian toll road website for more information. Use the website’s toll road calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Pompeii. The ancient city that was ruined by nearby Mt. Vesuvius looks practically the same as it did 2000 years ago, and is the one place where you can truly see how the Romans lived.
- Amalfi Coast. Picturesque and relaxed, the Amalfi Coast is often considered one of the top destinations in Italy (and indeed, Europe). It is only a tad more than an hour’s drive from Naples, so it is even possible to live in the city and come visit here every day.
- Capri. Located in the Bay of Naples, the famous island is just 5 km (3.1 mi) from the mainland. Easily reached, it is admired not only for its beaches and nature, but also its impressive history.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental cars in Italy are the Fiat Panda, the Ford Fiesta, and the Fiat 500. The most often picked rental car types are economy, mini, and compact.
- Rome. The Eternal City has something for every traveler, from history lovers to art aesthetes and food enthusiasts. If you’re in Naples, it would be a shame not go to and see it as you’re less than three hours drive away.
- Calabria and Apulia. Even more rugged and wild than Naples and Campania, these two Italian regions should be explored at a slower pace, setting aside time to meet the hospitable locals and learn about the region’s history and traditions.
- Sicily. Easily reached, the Italy’s largest island is just around six hours drive away. Its old cities, spectacular beaches, and traces of varied history will easily convince you that such a trip is worthwhile.
Car Rental Prices in Naples
- Station wagons - from $75 per day
- Large cars - from $100 per day
- Medium cars - from $49 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $134 per day
- Premium cars - from $318 per day
- Small cars - from $36 per day
- SUVs - from $56 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
There are things you can do to get a good rental deal in Naples:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Naples is the cheapest in January when renting a car is an incredible 75% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Naples
186.6 km / 115.9 miles away
Milan Car Rentals from $19.94 per day653.6 km / 406.2 miles away
Bari Car Rentals from $12.42 per day210.9 km / 131.0 miles away
Turin Car Rentals from $12.42 per day722.9 km / 449.2 miles away
Venice Car Rentals from $17.59 per day540.5 km / 335.8 miles away
Brindisi Car Rentals from $13.04 per day309.9 km / 192.6 miles away
Bologna Car Rentals from $11.79 per day476.0 km / 295.8 miles away
Lamezia Terme Car Rentals from $13.04 per day274.5 km / 170.6 miles away
Bergamo Car Rentals from $22.33 per day653.1 km / 405.8 miles away
Pisa Car Rentals from $14.22 per day448.0 km / 278.3 miles away
Florence Car Rentals from $12.42 per day413.9 km / 257.2 miles away
Verona Car Rentals from $17.22 per day573.2 km / 356.2 miles away
Pescara Car Rentals from $10.81 per day174.9 km / 108.7 miles away
Bolzano Car Rentals from $20.77 per day667.9 km / 415.0 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Car Rentals from $14.60 per day331.8 km / 206.2 miles away
Treviso Car Rentals from $16.15 per day558.5 km / 347.0 miles away
Genoa Car Rentals from $13.04 per day594.8 km / 369.6 miles away
Modena Car Rentals from $21.60 per day503.3 km / 312.7 miles away
Padua Car Rentals from $18.60 per day542.7 km / 337.2 miles away
Trieste Car Rentals from $10.87 per day556.2 km / 345.6 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Naples
Naples Airport Car Rentals from $13.33 per day3.1 km / 1.9 miles away
Napoli Port Car Rentals from $22.75 per day3.1 km / 1.9 miles away
Salerno Train Station Car Rentals from $17.39 per day46.5 km / 28.9 miles away
Frosinone Ferentino Car Rentals from $40.95 per day125.9 km / 78.3 miles away
Foggia Railway Station Car Rentals from $22.75 per day126.3 km / 78.5 miles away
Pescara Airport Car Rentals from $10.81 per day174.9 km / 108.7 miles away
Rome Ciampino Airport Car Rentals from $13.04 per day175.0 km / 108.8 miles away
Rome Via Tuscolana Car Rentals from $22.75 per day181.3 km / 112.7 miles away
Rome Centocelle Car Rentals from $16.93 per day183.1 km / 113.8 miles away
Rome Via Appia Car Rentals from $21.92 per day184.8 km / 114.9 miles away
Rome Rebibbia Car Rentals from $37.91 per day185.2 km / 115.1 miles away
Rome EUR Car Rentals from $26.95 per day185.5 km / 115.2 miles away
Rome di Portonaccio Car Rentals from $20.92 per day185.6 km / 115.3 miles away
Rome Tiburtina Train station Car Rentals from $15.28 per day186.9 km / 116.1 miles away
Rome Termini Train Station Car Rentals from $16.15 per day187.7 km / 116.6 miles away
Rome Gianicolense Car Rentals from $27.09 per day189.4 km / 117.7 miles away
Rome Via Dei Prati Fiscali Car Rentals from $37.91 per day190.1 km / 118.1 miles away
Rome Prati Car Rentals from $24.08 per day190.9 km / 118.6 miles away
Rome Vaticano Car Rentals from $37.91 per day191.3 km / 118.8 miles away
Rome Corso di Francia Car Rentals from $25.28 per day192.0 km / 119.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Naples?
What’s the usual rental length in Naples?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Naples?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Brent||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|Brent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Brent||Renault Captur||5||3||Medium cars|
|Brent||Fiat Panda||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Ecovia||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|