Car Rental in Kayseri
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Kayseri?
Kayseri is a great place to visit. The city’s number one attraction is its proximity to Cappadocia, the unique historic region that’s famous for its otherworldly landscapes and underground cities. But Kayseri itself also has its fair share of attractions, including diverse history, well-preserved architecture, and a number of winter resorts next-doors. The city is located in the center of Turkey, so with a rental car, attractions like the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea, Ankara, and even Istanbul are also within your reach.
One-Way Car Rentals in Kayseri
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Kayseri and drop off in another city include:
- From Kayseri to Nevsehir - 88 offers from US$ 36.31 per day
- From Kayseri to Istanbul - 154 offers from US$ 51.33 per day
- From Kayseri to Sivas - 52 offers from US$ 39.36 per day
- From Kayseri to Konya - 83 offers from US$ 41.74 per day
Top ways to enter Kayseri
- Erkilet Airport: The main airport serving the Kayseri region, it handles about two million travelers every year. The airport is especially active during the summer and early autumn months when it hosts flights by 11 different airlines. Located just 7 km (4.3 miles) north of Kayseri city center, the airport can be reached in about 15 minutes.
- Nevsehir Airport: Sometimes also branded as Nevsehir-Cappadocia, it is the airport closest to the famous region. As of October 2019, the airport only provides domestic connections, hosting flights to and from Istanbul, Ankara, and Antalya. Nevsehir Airport is 100 km (62 miles) west of Kayseri and can be reached in 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Sivas Airport: Also known as Sivas-Nuri Demirag, it is another small airport currently only hosting domestic flights (although Pegasus Airlines and Turkish Airlines offer flights to and from many European and Asian destinations with a layover in Istanbul). Sivas Airport is 218 km (135 miles) northeast of Kayseri and can be reached in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Adana Airport: Serving Adana, one of the largest cities in Southeast Turkey, and located near the Mediterranean coast, this airport handled 5.5 million travelers in 2018. The airport hosts flights to and from many destinations in Germany, as well as Lebanon, Iraq, and Qatar in the Middle East. Located 300 km (186 miles) south of Kayseri, Adana Airport can be reached in about 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Ankara Airport: The fourth-busiest airport in the country, Ankara-Esenboğa handled more than 16 million travelers in 2018. The airport is a hub for three different Turkish carriers and is also served by 15 other airlines. Located 335 km (208 miles) northwest of Kayseri, Ankara Airport can be reached in about four hours by car.
Useful city facts
- Located in Central Anatolia at an elevation of 1,050 m (3,450 ft), Kayseri has a semi-arid climate with very hot summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature is 31°C (87°F) in July and August, the hottest months, and 4°C (39°F) in January, the coldest. Rain is almost non-existent from July to mid-September, but there’s an increase in precipitation in April and May.
- Home to some of the oldest cultures in the world, the region surrounding Kayseri has been inhabited for at least 4,000 years. Ancient landmarks like Cappadocia and Kültepe are well-known, but the history also survives in a number of smaller sites that used to be inhabited by Hittites, Assyrians, and Persians. Later rulers, such as the Greeks, Byzantines, and Ottomans, also left an impression on the area that can still be observed to this day.
Top destinations and activities
- Hunat Hatun Complex. Dating back to the Seljuk times in the 13th century, Hunat Hatun is one of the most beautiful mosques in the region. As impressive from inside as it is from outside, the architectural complex includes the mosque itself, as well as a large madrassa or religious school, a mausoleum, and separate hammams or saunas for men and women.
- Kayseri Archaeology Museum. Explaining the fascinating history of the region, this museum is made up of two halls. The first one is dedicated to the earliest cultures of the region and has some of the oldest artifacts in Turkey; the other has exhibits on the slightly later Hellenistic and Roman periods and hosts the impressive Heracles sarcophagus. In 2019, the museum celebrated its 50th birthday.
- Mount Erciyes. Standing nearly 4,000 m (13,100 ft) tall, Mount Erciyes is the third-highest mountain in Turkey. An extinct volcano, it is now one of the main winter sports hubs in the country, and, of course, offers absolutely amazing views. Mount Erciyes is just 29 km (17 miles) south of Kayseri and can be reached in about 50 minutes.
Traffic and parking tips
- Turkey drives on the right-hand side of the road.
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h (74.5 mph) on highways, 90 km/h (55.9 mph) on two-lane roads, and 50 km/h (31 mph) in populated and built-up areas.
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving.
- On regional roads, there might be fewer gas stations than on the national highways. Never stay too low on gas and always set out your route in advance to know the location of the next gas station.
- Due to high taxes, Turkey has very expensive petrol, with prices higher than even in most EU countries. Keep that in mind when setting out a route ahead!
- Turkey is overall a warm country, but during winter roads can be covered with ice, especially in mountainous regions. Do ask your car rental provider in advance if your vehicle’s tires will be equipped for the season.
- Occasionally you might encounter police roadblocks and even military checkpoints, especially in Southeastern Turkey. They are there for your own safety, and in most cases, they will only check your license and warn you about any potential danger that might lie ahead.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% if you’re driving alone and 0.00%. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a license ban.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The general emergency number is 112. The police number is 155, the fire brigade number is 110, and the forest fire number is 177.
Driving on most national motorways, including many motorways in Kayseri and the surrounding region, as well as some bridges and tunnels in Turkey requires a toll payment.
Most Turkish toll roads only permit an electronic, contactless payment from an electronic transponder that’s in the car or by an electronic chip-sticker that’s in the car. This means that you cannot pay either by cash or credit card for most toll roads (only a handful of newer ones will permit that).
All rental cars have to be equipped either with a toll-payment transponder or with a toll-payment sticker. Some rental car providers might charge an extra fee for this service. Do contact your rental car provided in advance to find out more.
The toll roads in Turkey are divided in HGS, the High-Speed Passage System (Hızlı Geçiş Sistemi in Turkish) and OGS (Otomatik Geçiş Sistemi in Turkish). On HGS roads, you can pass through the toll area at a higher speed. On OGS roads, you need to slow down as you go through a toll gate and the toll payment is registered through the electronic transponder that’s in the car. The exact amount you’ll have to pay will depend on the specific road you drive on and on the distance you travel.
Find out more about the toll roads in Turkey on the European toll road website.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Cappadocia. A large region spanning five Turkish provinces, it is safe to say that Cappadocia is a unique destination on a global scale. The area is best known for its impossible rock formations and landscapes, but from ancient churches carved in rocks to vast underground cities, its culture is just interesting. Not to be missed, Cappadocia is just some 60 km (37 miles) west of Kayseri and can be reached in about 55 minutes.
- Kültepe. Inhabited since the Stone Age, Kültepe is best-known as an important city of Hattians, Hittites, and Hurrians, three ancient Indo-European cultures that inhabited the area around 4,000 years ago. Nowadays, the ruins of Kültepe are surrounded by beautiful nature and are the place of a strange and special atmosphere. Located just 20 km (12 miles) north of Kayseri, the site can be reached in about 25 minutes.
- Mersin. A quiet and scenic southern Turkish city, Mersin is located right on the Mediterranean coast. Most travelers come here for its beautiful beaches, but the city has other aces up its sleeve, like the Mersin Grand Mosque, Mersin Flamingo Park, and the unique Mersin cuisine that’s famous all across Turkey. Located 315 km (195 miles) from Kayseri, Mersin can be reached in about 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Kayseri is Fiat Panda, although many travelers also choose the Renault Symbol and Fiat Linea. The most popular rental car types are economy, compact, and mini.
- Ankara. The capital of Turkey is usually thought of as the political and diplomatic center, but there is so much more to this ancient city. There are great museums like the State Art and Sculpture Museum, a number of impressive mosques, and interesting off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods that seem to have changed very little over the last few centuries. Located 320 km (198 miles) northwest of Kayseri, Ankara can be reached in just under four hours.
- Konya. Known as the city of whirling dervishes, Konya houses the Mausoleum of Rumi, the resting place of the legendary Sufi prophet. The mausoleum has exhibits of ancient manuscripts and also hosts the Mevlana Museum which is dedicated to that mystical branch of Islam. Every Saturday, the Mevlana Cultural Center (located about a seven-minute drive from the museum) hosts a show of dervish dancing and a lecture on Sufism. Other attractions of Konya include the Ince Minare Museum of the Seljuk and Ottoman eras, Alaaddin Hill, and four beautiful lakes that surround the city. Located about 300 km (186 miles) southwest of Kayseri, Konya takes 3 hours and 40 minutes to reach.
- Lake Beysehir National Park. Located near the city of Konya, this is a scenic protected area in Central Anatolia. The national park, the second-largest in the country, is made up of the beautiful Lake Beysehir and its little inlets, as well as the surrounding hills that provide plenty of trekking and hiking opportunities. The park is home to many aquatic birds like pelicans, herons, and little grebes. Located 405 km (251 miles) southwest of Kayseri, it can be reached in 4 hours and 50 minutes.
Car Rental Prices in Kayseri
- Large cars - from $32 per day
- Medium cars - from $30 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $47 per day
- Small cars - from $30 per day
- SUVs - from $34 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
Land a great rental car in Kayseri by following these tips:
- Compare the rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Kayseri is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 57% cheaper than the yearly average and a whole 78% cheaper than renting a vehicle in August.
Top 20 Cities near Kayseri
622.9 km / 387.0 miles away
Antalya Car Rentals from $36.53 per day466.2 km / 289.7 miles away
Izmir Car Rentals from $12.87 per day726.2 km / 451.2 miles away
Ankara Car Rentals from $11.12 per day264.3 km / 164.3 miles away
Adana Car Rentals from $14.09 per day195.7 km / 121.6 miles away
Dalaman Car Rentals from $26.06 per day627.3 km / 389.8 miles away
Bodrum Car Rentals from $9.59 per day705.0 km / 438.1 miles away
Trabzon Car Rentals from $18.02 per day444.8 km / 276.4 miles away
Gaziantep Car Rentals from $14.96 per day264.6 km / 164.4 miles away
Diyarbakir Car Rentals from $28.31 per day421.6 km / 261.9 miles away
Samsun Car Rentals from $12.87 per day294.9 km / 183.2 miles away
Gazipasa Car Rentals from $24.41 per day390.2 km / 242.5 miles away
Konya Car Rentals from $18.02 per day268.7 km / 166.9 miles away
Nevsehir Car Rentals from $17.50 per day68.1 km / 42.3 miles away
Sivas Car Rentals from $19.68 per day171.0 km / 106.2 miles away
Erzurum Car Rentals from $18.40 per day507.0 km / 315.0 miles away
Elazig Car Rentals from $20.59 per day330.4 km / 205.3 miles away
Hatay Car Rentals from $17.37 per day272.6 km / 169.4 miles away
Denizli Car Rentals from $16.73 per day516.1 km / 320.7 miles away
Batman Car Rentals from $18.02 per day498.9 km / 310.0 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Kayseri
Kayseri Airport Car Rentals from $14.15 per day4.0 km / 2.5 miles away
Nevsehir Airport Car Rentals from $17.50 per day68.1 km / 42.3 miles away
Sivas Airport Car Rentals from $19.68 per day171.0 km / 106.2 miles away
Adana Airport Car Rentals from $14.09 per day195.7 km / 121.6 miles away
Malatya Airport Car Rentals from $22.43 per day228.6 km / 142.1 miles away
Ankara Airport Car Rentals from $11.12 per day264.3 km / 164.3 miles away
Gaziantep Airport Car Rentals from $14.96 per day264.6 km / 164.4 miles away
Konya Airport Car Rentals from $18.02 per day268.7 km / 166.9 miles away
Hatay Airport Car Rentals from $17.37 per day272.6 km / 169.4 miles away
Samsun Airport Car Rentals from $12.87 per day294.9 km / 183.2 miles away
Elazig Airport Car Rentals from $20.59 per day330.4 km / 205.3 miles away
Sanliurfa GAP Airport Car Rentals from $25.63 per day346.5 km / 215.3 miles away
Erzincan Airport Car Rentals from $20.06 per day364.4 km / 226.4 miles away
Gazipasa Airport Car Rentals from $24.41 per day390.2 km / 242.5 miles away
Diyarbakir Airport Car Rentals from $28.31 per day421.6 km / 261.9 miles away
Trabzon Airport Car Rentals from $18.02 per day444.8 km / 276.4 miles away
Antalya Airport Car Rentals from $10.79 per day459.5 km / 285.5 miles away
Antalya Başaran Hotel Car Rentals from $36.53 per day466.2 km / 289.7 miles away
Antalya Akra Barut Hotel Car Rentals from $36.53 per day467.3 km / 290.4 miles away
Mardin Airport Car Rentals from $18.02 per day481.0 km / 298.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Kayseri?
What’s the usual rental length in Kayseri?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Kayseri?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AddCar||Fiat Linea||5||3||Small cars|
|AddCar||Citroen C Elysee||5||2||Medium cars|
|Europcar Turkey||Fiat Egea||5||2||Medium cars|
|AddCar||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Europcar Turkey||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|AddCar||Renault Symbol||5||1||Small cars|
|Pandora||Citroen C-Elysse||5||2||Large cars|
|Europcar Turkey||Mercedes Benz C Class||4||2||Premium cars|
|Europcar Turkey||Peugeot 301||5||2||Medium cars|
|Pandora||Renault Symbol||4||1||Medium cars|