Car Rental Dalaman
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Offers
Why rent a car in Dalaman?
Dalaman is a great place to explore by car. Having your own wheels will let you properly explore this underrated town, as well as to visit the area’s number one attraction - its numerous beautiful beaches.
Top ways to enter Dalaman
- Dalaman Airport: Serving more than 100 destinations not only domestically, but also in Europe, Africa, and Asia, Dalaman Airport is surprisingly busy for a town of only 25 thousand inhabitants. The airport serves not only Dalaman area, but also a number of other nearby beach resorts.
- Bodrum Airport: Located only 116 km (72 mi) from Dalaman, Milas-Bodrum is another Turkish airport that’s especially active during the summer season.
- Antalya Airport: Antalya, the Turkey’s largest resort town, is about three hours drive east of Dalaman, and so is it’s busy and modern airport.
- Izmir Airport: Serving Turkey’s third largest city, Izmir Airport is about four hours drive north of Dalaman and makes for a great alternative to fly to, especially if you’re coming during the winter months.
Useful city facts
- Like the rest of the Turkish cities on the Mediterranean coast, Dalaman enjoys hot and sunny summers and mild, humid winters. The temperature often reaches (and even extends) 30 °C (85 °F) in July and August when precipitation is almost non-existent. December and January, on the other hand, see around 12 rainy days every year.
- Next to being a beach destination, Dalaman is also an important agricultural center in Turkey, and is especially known for the citrus fruits that grow in the area.
Top destinations and activities
- Alexandria Train Station. Built in 1905 because of a logistical misunderstanding, Alexandria Airport has never actually served a train (the building blocks that arrived here by mistake were meant for Alexandria in Egypt). Today the train station is a stunning mansion covered in ivies that is located in the middle of the Dalaman state farm.
- Sarigerme. Located at the point where the Aegean Sea meets the Mediterranean, Sarigerme Beach is a paradise for surfers and other water sports enthusiasts. Even if you’re not in a mood for something that active, simply spending time on this beautiful beach or in one of the coastal restaurants makes for a great day outdoors, especially as Sarigerme is less than 15 minutes drive from Dalaman.
- Sultaniye. Most spa resorts in Turkey have been opened during the last decade or two. Not Sultaniye, though, as it has been welcoming visitors for about 2000 years. Reportedly, Romans were the first to discover the healing effects of its springs, and if you remain a sceptic, see if taking a dip in the famous Sultaniye mud bath can change your mind.
Traffic and parking tips
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h (74.5 mph) on highways, 90 km/h (55.9 mph) on two-lane roads, and 50 km/h (31 mph) in populated and built-up areas.
- It is illegal to use the mobile phone while driving.
- On regional roads there might be fewer gas stations than on the national highways. Never stay too low on gas and always set out your route in advance to know the location of the next gas station.
- Due to high taxes, Turkey has a very expensive petrol, with prices higher than even in the most EU countries. Keep that in mind when setting out a route ahead!
- Turkey is overall a warm country, but during winter roads can be covered with ice, especially in mountainous regions. Do ask your car rental provider in advance if your vehicle’s tires will be equipped for to the season.
- Occasionally you might encounter police roadblocks and even military checkpoints, especially in Southeastern Turkey. They are there for your own safety, and on most cases they will only check your license and warn you about any potential danger that might lie ahead.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% if you’re driving alone and 0.00%. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a licence ban.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The general emergency number is in 112. The police number is 155, the fire brigade number is 110, and the forest fire number is 177.
Driving on most national motorways, as well as some bridges and tunnels in Turkey require a toll payment, including many motorways in Dalaman area and in the wider Turkish Mediterranean region.
Most Turkish toll roads only permit an electronic, contactless payment from an electronic toll-payment transponder that’s in a car or by an electronic chip-sticker that’s on a car. This means that you cannot pay either by cash or credit card for most toll roads (only a handful newer ones will permit that).
All rental cars have to be equipped either with a toll-payment transponder or with a toll-payment sticker. Some rental car providers might charge an extra fee for this service. Do contact your rental car provided in advance to find out more.
The toll roads in Turkey are divided in HGS, the High-Speed Passage System (Hızlı Geçiş Sistemi in Turkish) and OGS (Otomatik Geçiş Sistemi in Turkish). On HGS roads, you can pass through the toll area at a higher speed. On OGS roads, you need to slow down as you go through a toll gate and the toll payment is registered through the electronic transponder that’s in a car. The exact amount you’ll have to pay will depend on the specific road you drive on and on the distance of your travels.
Find out more about the toll roads in Turkey on the European toll road website.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Kayaköy. Abandoned in the 1910s when the massacres of World War I drove out its surviving inhabitants, the town of Kayaköy has no permanent inhabitants, but is nonetheless a fascinating place to explore. Its beautiful buildings, churches, and workshops make this place more of a museum than a ghost town.
- Beaches. As if the golden sands of Dalaman itself weren’t enough, with your rental car you can also easily reach other famous resorts like Marmaris, Fethiye, Dalyan, and Hisarönü, or even try to find a more private and secluded spot just for yourself.
- İztuzu Beach. Yes, the 6.4 km (4 mi) long Iztuzu is a beach, just like the ones mentioned before. However, unlike the other ones, it is most famous not for its human visitors but for its animal inhabitants, the loggerhead turtles that love making their nests here.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Antalya is Hyundai i20, closely followed by the Ford Fiesta and the Hyundai Accent. The most popular car types are economy, compact, and mini. Most roads in and around the city are in good shape, but if you plan to drive in the nearby mountains, 4x4 vehicle would be better equipped for the task.
- İzmir. The third largest city in Turkey has been inhabited for nearly 9000 years, even before the Ancient Greeks arrived there and named the city Smyrna (it was given its present Turkish name later). Come here to wander in its old districts, try local dishes, and feel the city’s unique atmosphere.
- Myra. Even though Father Christmas is said to reside in Lapland, his supposed birthplace is at the other end of Europe, in the small town of Myra that’s about 180 km (110 mi) from Dalaman. Come here to learn more about this local legend and even visit the church that was built in his honour.
- Antalya. Famous not only for its resorts and serene beaches, but also for its architecture, history, and local character, Antalya, about three hours drive east of Dalaman, is perhaps the most famous coastal city of Turkey.
Car Rental Prices in Dalaman
- Large cars - from $28 per day
- Medium cars - from $24 per day
- People Carriers / Vans - from $39 per day
- Premium cars - from $244 per day
- Small cars - from $23 per day
- SUVs - from $45 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
Try these things to get a good rental car deal in Dalaman:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Dalaman is the cheapest in January when renting a car is about 60% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Dalaman
Istanbul Car Rentals from $13.09 per day507.3 km / 315.2 miles away
Antalya Car Rentals from $14.58 per day180.0 km / 111.8 miles away
Izmir Car Rentals from $7.13 per day227.3 km / 141.2 miles away
Ankara Car Rentals from $14.42 per day527.4 km / 327.7 miles away
Kayseri Car Rentals from $20.22 per day632.0 km / 392.7 miles away
Adana Car Rentals from $18.45 per day578.0 km / 359.1 miles away
Gaziantep Car Rentals from $24.23 per day773.3 km / 480.5 miles away
Bodrum Car Rentals from $14.43 per day116.7 km / 72.5 miles away
Nevsehir Car Rentals from $23.65 per day563.0 km / 349.8 miles away
Samsun Car Rentals from $19.05 per day840.0 km / 522.0 miles away
Sivas Car Rentals from $18.81 per day787.2 km / 489.1 miles away
Konya Car Rentals from $23.81 per day361.7 km / 224.7 miles away
Hatay Car Rentals from $26.19 per day669.9 km / 416.2 miles away
Sanliurfa Car Rentals from $38.77 per day894.6 km / 555.9 miles away
Elazig Car Rentals from $22.62 per day947.3 km / 588.6 miles away
Gazipasa Car Rentals from $55.58 per day317.0 km / 197.0 miles away
Denizli Car Rentals from $39.25 per day143.8 km / 89.4 miles away
Malatya Car Rentals from $22.62 per day841.1 km / 522.7 miles away
Kocaeli Car Rentals from $45.12 per day477.5 km / 296.7 miles away
Erzincan Car Rentals from $24.65 per day994.5 km / 618.0 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Dalaman
Dalaman, Downtown Car Rentals from $14.29 per day
Dalaman Airport Car Rentals from $13.81 per day
Bodrum Airport Car Rentals from $14.43 per day116.7 km / 72.5 miles away
Denizli Airport Car Rentals from $39.25 per day143.8 km / 89.4 miles away
Antalya Airport International Arrivals Car Rentals from $14.58 per day180.0 km / 111.8 miles away
Izmir Airport Car Rentals from $7.13 per day227.3 km / 141.2 miles away
Gazipasa Airport Car Rentals from $55.58 per day317.0 km / 197.0 miles away
Konya Airport Car Rentals from $23.81 per day361.7 km / 224.7 miles away
Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport Car Rentals from $12.98 per day467.6 km / 290.5 miles away
Kocaeli Cengiz Topel Airport Car Rentals from $45.12 per day477.5 km / 296.7 miles away
Istanbul Airport Car Rentals from $13.09 per day507.3 km / 315.2 miles away
Ankara Airport Car Rentals from $14.42 per day527.4 km / 327.7 miles away
Nevsehir Airport Car Rentals from $23.65 per day563.0 km / 349.8 miles away
Adana Airport Car Rentals from $18.45 per day578.0 km / 359.1 miles away
Kayseri International Airport Car Rentals from $20.22 per day632.0 km / 392.7 miles away
Hatay Airport Car Rentals from $26.19 per day669.9 km / 416.2 miles away
Gaziantep Airport Car Rentals from $24.23 per day773.3 km / 480.5 miles away
Sivas Airport Car Rentals from $18.81 per day787.2 km / 489.1 miles away
Samsun Airport Car Rentals from $19.05 per day840.0 km / 522.0 miles away
Malatya Airport Car Rentals from $22.62 per day841.1 km / 522.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Dalaman?
What’s the usual rental length in Dalaman?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Dalaman?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Rental Agent||Make / Model||Doors||Luggage||Type|
|Surprice||Hyundai i20||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|Surprice||Fiat Linea||5||3||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Hyundai i20||4||2||Small cars|
|RightCars||Peugeot 301||4||2||Medium cars|
|RightCars||Renault Clio||5||3||Small cars|
|Alamo||Mercedes Benz Vito||4||3||People Carriers / Vans|
|Surprice||Peugeot 301||4||3||Medium cars|
|Avis||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 10 Suppliers for Dalaman in 2019
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email