Car Rental in Antalya
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Antalya?
Antalya is a great place to explore by a rental car. Most travelers come here for the world-class beaches, but having your own ride will let you also see how interesting and diverse is this historic city, as well as to travel east and west along the Mediterranean Coast.
One-Way Car Rentals in Antalya
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Antalya and drop off in another city include:
- From Antalya to Ankara - 182 offers from 27.61 USD per day
- From Antalya to Istanbul - 168 offers from 28.58 USD per day
- From Antalya to Gaziantep - 122 offers from 39.62 USD per day
- From Antalya to Diyarbakir - 111 offers from 61.29 USD per day
- From Antalya to Bodrum - 182 offers from 27.61 USD per day
Top ways to enter Antalya
- Antalya Airport: Located just northeast of the city center, Antalya Airport is the third busiest airport in Turkey and among the 30 busiest in the whole of Europe.
- Dalaman Airport: Located 180 km (112 mi) from Antalya, this small and cozy airport becomes very active during the summer months when it hosts flights by more than 30 different airlines.
- Gazipasa Airport: Located about three hours drive southeast along the coast, Gazipaşa-Alanya Airport hosts many domestic flights, as well as flights to and from such European countries as Germany, Finland, Russia, Denmark, and others.
- By sea: If you’re arriving in Antalya by ferry, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at Antalya Port.
Useful city facts
- Located on the coast, Antalya enjoys typical Mediterranean climate. The summers are extremely hot, with temperatures reaching even 35 °C (95 °F), so getting properly hydrated is important. Even winters are warm and sunny, with temperature often 15 °C (60 °F). Antalya has around 300 sunny days per year.
- Antalya is the biggest city and resort on the so-called Turkish Riviera or Turquoise Coast area. The city and its surrounding towns, beaches, and resorts accommodates nearly 15 million tourists every year.
Top destinations and activities
- Kaleiçi. Antalya’s oldest quarter is made up of a network of labyrinthine streets that are enclosed by the walls of the ancient city. Visit the Archeology Museum, look up the impressive ruins, visit the Hadrianus Gate built by the Roman emperor, or simply go on a long stroll to enjoy the atmosphere of this truly historic place.
- Chimaera. Located above the Temple of Hephaestus, a Greek god of blacksmiths and fire, the eternal flames of Chimaera are one of the greatest natural phenomenons in Turkey. In the ancient times they guided the sailors not to crash on the rocks of Antalya beach. If you go on a yacht trip today, you can still see them from the sea.
- Karaalioğlu Park. Bordering the old harbour Antalya, Karaalioğlu Park is one of the nicest green spots in all of the city. Here you can go on a long stroll, have a picnic, and make new friends, or, if you’re inclined to learn something new, to visit the ancient Roman fortress of Hidirlik.
Traffic and parking tips
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h (74.5 mph) on highways, 90 km/h (55.9 mph) on two-lane roads, and 50 km/h (31 mph) in populated and built-up areas.
- It is illegal to use the mobile phone while driving.
- On regional roads there might be fewer gas stations than on the national highways. Never stay too low on gas and always set out your route in advance to know the location of the next gas station.
- Due to high taxes, Turkey has a very expensive petrol, with prices higher than even in the most EU countries. Keep that in mind when setting out a route ahead!
- Turkey is overall a warm country, but during winter roads can be covered with ice, especially in mountainous regions. Do ask your car rental provider in advance if your vehicle’s tires will be equipped for to the season.
- Occasionally you might encounter police roadblocks and even military checkpoints, especially in Southeastern Turkey. They are there for your own safety, and on most cases they will only check your license and warn you about any potential danger that might lie ahead.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% if you’re driving alone and 0.00%. Exceeding the limit can lead to large fines and a licence ban.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The general emergency number is in 112. The police number is 155, the fire brigade number is 110, and the forest fire number is 177.
Driving on most national motorways, as well as some bridges and tunnels in Turkey require a toll payment, including many motorways in Antalya area and in the wider Turkish Mediterranean region.
Most Turkish toll roads only permit an electronic, contactless payment from an electronic toll-payment transponder that’s in a car or by an electronic chip-sticker that’s on a car. This means that you cannot pay either by cash or credit card for most toll roads (only a handful newer ones will permit that).
All rental cars have to be equipped either with a toll-payment transponder or with a toll-payment sticker. Some rental car providers might charge an extra fee for this service. Do contact your rental car provided in advance to find out more.
The toll roads in Turkey are divided in HGS, the High-Speed Passage System (Hızlı Geçiş Sistemi in Turkish) and OGS (Otomatik Geçiş Sistemi in Turkish). On HGS roads, you can pass through the toll area at a higher speed. On OGS roads, you need to slow down as you go through a toll gate and the toll payment is registered through the electronic transponder that’s in a car. The exact amount you’ll have to pay will depend on the specific road you drive on and on the distance of your travels.
Find out more about the toll roads in Turkey on the European toll road website.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Kurşunlu Waterfall Nature Park. A stunning park that has a number of waterfalls, Kurşunlu is of beautiful nature area that’s only 20 km (12 mi) from the center of Antalya. Take a long look at some of the many ponds here as you can spot not only fish, but also tortoises in them.
- Hierapolis Ancient City. As testified by many different religious sites on its territory, the city of Hierapolis has been a special place for many different cultures. Phrygians, Greeks, and Romans are just some of them, and the ruins of ancient structures like the Domitian gate, Plutonium, and the system of city baths keep telling their story.
- The Sunken City of Kekova. Destroyed by an earthquake almost 2000 years ago, the remains of the ancient city of Kekova can still be observed in its staircases, houses, and paths carved in the rock. Nowadays Kekova is an island and can be visited by a boat, but on the nearby mainland you can also visit Demre, another ancient settlement that is famous for buildings carved in the coastal rocks.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Antalya is Hyundai i20, but travelers also pick the Ford Fiesta and the Opel Corsa a lot. The most popular car types are economy, compact, and mini. Most roads in and around the city are in good shape, but if you plan to drive in the nearby Taurus Mountains, getting a 4x4 vehicle might be a good idea.
- Çıralı. About 90 minute drive south of Antalya on the edge of a coastal nature area, the village of Çıralı is a beautiful and tranquil spot on the Mediterranean. Its beaches are favored by sea turtles who come on the shore every year to lay their eggs.
- İzmir. A modern and bustling city with extremely long and fascinating history, Izmir is a place like no other. It is nearly six hours drive from Antalya, but the long trip is worth the time because of Izmir’s beautiful architecture, delicious cuisine, and stunning beaches.
- Ankara. The national capital, located in the Anatolian heartland of the country, is a place of many interesting museums, impressive mosques, and beautiful green areas. Underrated as a travel destination compared to Turkey’s many beach cities, it is nonetheless a great place to visit. It is about six hours drive northeast of Antalya.
Car Rental Prices in Antalya
- Station wagons - from $46 per day
- Large cars - from $101 per day
- Medium cars - from $58 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $94 per day
- Premium cars - from $118 per day
- Small cars - from $56 per day
- SUVs - from $152 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
These are some of the things you can do to get a good car rental deal in Antalya:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Antalya is the cheapest in February when renting a car is about 60% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Antalya
Istanbul Car Rentals from $22.73 per day516.6 km / 321.0 miles away
Izmir Car Rentals from $32.31 per day350.9 km / 218.0 miles away
Dalaman Car Rentals from $52.70 per day171.7 km / 106.7 miles away
Ankara Car Rentals from $26.61 per day410.9 km / 255.3 miles away
Bodrum Car Rentals from $25.07 per day274.4 km / 170.5 miles away
Kayseri Car Rentals from $27.24 per day468.4 km / 291.0 miles away
Trabzon Car Rentals from $31.22 per day906.7 km / 563.4 miles away
Adana Car Rentals from $40.29 per day405.1 km / 251.7 miles away
Konya Car Rentals from $36.95 per day202.6 km / 125.9 miles away
Samsun Car Rentals from $32.29 per day699.8 km / 434.8 miles away
Gaziantep Car Rentals from $45.26 per day600.4 km / 373.1 miles away
Gazipasa Car Rentals from $24.07 per day155.4 km / 96.6 miles away
Erzurum Car Rentals from $48.44 per day971.2 km / 603.5 miles away
Diyarbakir Car Rentals from $36.95 per day844.4 km / 524.7 miles away
Denizli Car Rentals from $29.14 per day134.6 km / 83.6 miles away
Elazig Car Rentals from $59.65 per day771.9 km / 479.6 miles away
Sivas Car Rentals from $68.34 per day629.3 km / 391.0 miles away
Nevsehir Car Rentals from $28.55 per day400.7 km / 249.0 miles away
Malatya Car Rentals from $54.74 per day670.7 km / 416.8 miles away
Hatay Car Rentals from $34.56 per day499.2 km / 310.2 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Antalya
Downtown Car Rentals from $64.57 per day1.7 km / 1.1 miles away
Antalya Akra Barut Hotel Car Rentals from $26.62 per day2.7 km / 1.7 miles away
Antalya Airport International Arrivals Car Rentals from $22.81 per day6.9 km / 4.3 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $36.95 per day35.3 km / 22.0 miles away
Denizli Airport Car Rentals from $29.14 per day134.6 km / 83.6 miles away
Gazipasa Airport Car Rentals from $24.07 per day155.4 km / 96.6 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $52.70 per day171.7 km / 106.7 miles away
Dalaman Airport Car Rentals from $22.73 per day173.0 km / 107.5 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $29.14 per day174.7 km / 108.6 miles away
Konya Airport Car Rentals from $36.95 per day202.6 km / 125.9 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $22.73 per day219.3 km / 136.2 miles away
Bodrum Airport Car Rentals from $25.07 per day274.4 km / 170.5 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $40.29 per day324.5 km / 201.6 miles away
Izmir Airport Car Rentals from $32.31 per day350.9 km / 218.0 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $31.69 per day359.0 km / 223.0 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $26.62 per day383.5 km / 238.3 miles away
Nevsehir Airport Car Rentals from $28.55 per day400.7 km / 249.0 miles away
Adana Airport Car Rentals from $40.29 per day405.1 km / 251.7 miles away
Ankara Airport Car Rentals from $26.61 per day410.9 km / 255.3 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $57.66 per day414.1 km / 257.3 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Antalya?
What’s the usual rental length in Antalya?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Antalya?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Goldcar||Hyundai i20||4||1||Small cars|
|RightCars||Renault Clio||5||3||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Opel Astra||5||2||Medium cars|
|AddCar||Fiat Linea||5||3||Small cars|
|Surprice||Hyundai i20||4||1||Small cars|
|Surprice||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Rhodium||Hyundai i20||4||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Peugeot 301||5||2||Medium cars|
|Interrent||Renault Symbol||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 19 Suppliers in Antalya in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email