Car Rental at Keflavik Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located about 50 km (31 miles) southwest of Reykjavik, Keflavik Airport is the main air hub of Iceland. But while most travelers pick up a rental car and go straight to the capital, there are plenty of interesting things to see and do in the immediate vicinity of the airport. Below are three suggestions. If you plan to spend some time in the capital in the colder months, then don't miss this guide to Reykavik in winter.
- Keflavik. Keflavik is not only an airport, it is also the small town where it is located. Although not usually listed among Iceland’s main attractions, it is actually a fun place to visit, especially for nature lovers as many whale and dolphin watching tours leave from the city’s harbor. Most whales and orcas can be seen during the summer months, but some species such as white-beaked dolphins and porpoises can be seen throughout the year.
- Blue Lagoon. A large, artificial hot spring, the Blue Lagoon is one of the country’s main attractions — if you’ve ever seen a tourism ad for Iceland, the odds are that the Blue Lagoon was featured in it. Rich in minerals and surrounded by primeval rocky scenery, the lagoon is the perfect place for a long relaxing day, especially in winter when there is a clear contrast between the temperatures of water and air. Located only 20 km (12 miles) southeast of Keflavik Airport, the Blue Lagoon can be reached by car in about 20 minutes.
- Reykjanes Geopark. A UNESCO-designated area comprising a large portion of the peninsula where Keflavik is located, Reykjanes Geopark is best known for the Bridge Between Continents. A pedestrian bridge, it demarcates the line between the European and North American tectonic plates that meet under the peninsula. The geopark is also home to many other volcanic and geologic peculiarities and sites. The park’s visitor center is located in the town of Keflavik.
Top international routes
- New York City
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
- IATA: KEF
- ICAO: BIKF
- Name: Keflavik Airport (KEF)
- Distance from city: 1.9 miles / 3 km
Top 4 Locations near Keflavik Airport
Car Rental at Reykjavik Airport from $40.32 per day36.1 km / 22.4 miles away
Car Rental in Reykjavik (Downtown) from $45.56 per day37.7 km / 23.4 miles away
Car Rental at Akureyri Airport from $40.97 per day283.4 km / 176.1 miles away
Car Rental at Egilsstadir Airport from $40.97 per day416.3 km / 258.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Keflavik Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Keflavik Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Keflavik Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||FairCar, Icerental4x4, WheeGo, Thrifty, Ace Rent a car|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Small cars, Vans, Station wagons|
|Lowest price||$27 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Northern Lights||Suzuki Vitara||5||2||SUVs|
|Northern Lights||Dacia Duster||5||2||SUVs|
|FairCar||Hyundai i10||5||2||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Suzuki Jimny||4||1||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.