Car Rental at Keflavik Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Located about 50 km (31 miles) southwest of Reykjavik, Keflavik Airport is the main air hub of Iceland. But while most travelers pick up a rental car and go straight to the capital, there are plenty of interesting things to see and do in the immediate vicinity of the airport. Here are three suggestions:
- Keflavik. Keflavik is not only an airport, it is also the small town where it is located. Although not usually listed among Iceland’s main attractions, it is actually a fun place to visit, especially for nature lovers as many whale and dolphin watching tours leave from the city’s harbor. Most whales and orcas can be seen during the summer months, but some species such as white-beaked dolphins and porpoises can be seen throughout the year.
- Blue Lagoon. A large, artificial hot spring, the Blue Lagoon is one of the country’s main attractions — if you’ve ever seen a tourism ad for Iceland, the odds are that the Blue Lagoon was featured in it. Rich in minerals and surrounded by primeval rocky scenery, the lagoon is the perfect place for a long relaxing day, especially in winter when there is a clear contrast between the temperatures of water and air. Located only 20 km (12 miles) southeast of Keflavik Airport, the Blue Lagoon can be reached by car in about 20 minutes.
- Reykjanes Geopark. A UNESCO-designated area comprising a large portion of the peninsula where Keflavik is located, Reykjanes Geopark is best known for the Bridge Between Continents. A pedestrian bridge, it demarcates the line between the European and North American tectonic plates that meet under the peninsula. The geopark is also home to many other volcanic and geologic peculiarities and sites. The park’s visitor center is located in the town of Keflavik.
Top international routes
- New York City
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Keflavik Airport (KEF)
- IATA: KEF
- ICAO: BIKF
- Name: Keflavik Airport (KEF)
- Size: Large Airport
- Passengers (per year): 8,755,352
- Distance from City: 1.9 miles / 3 km SW of town
- Working hours:
- Phone: +354-425-0600
Top 6 Locations near Keflavik Airport
Car Rental at Reykjavik Airport from $50.37 per day33.1 km / 20.6 miles away
Car Rental at Reykjavik Bus Station from $56.14 per day33.9 km / 21.1 miles away
Car Rental at Reykjavik Harbour from $39.67 per day34.1 km / 21.2 miles away
Car Rental at Isafjordur Airport from $64.83 per day230.1 km / 143.0 miles away
Car Rental at Akureyri Airport from $50.37 per day280.3 km / 174.2 miles away
Car Rental at Egilsstadir Airport from $50.37 per day413.2 km / 256.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Keflavik Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Keflavik Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Keflavik Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Icerental4x4||Hyundai I20||5||2||Small cars|
|FairCar||Hyundai i10||5||2||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Kia Rio||5||3||Small cars|
|Ace Rent a car||Nissan Qashqai||5||3||SUVs|
|Northern Lights||Dacia Duster||5||2||SUVs|
|Icerental4x4||Suzuki Grand Vitara||5||3||SUVs|