Car Rental at Glasgow Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Rent a car at Glasgow Airport and head into the city! Check out museums like the Glasgow Science Center, the Police Museum, St. Mungo’s Museum of Religious Life and Art, the Riverside Museum, which has a collection of land vehicles and marine vessels, and the Hunterian Museum, which features exhibits of scientific instruments, coins and medals from Scotland’s Roman times, and even dinosaur fossils found in the area.
Get a feel for the city’s varied architecture by visiting Glasgow Cathedral, the City Chambers, Clyde Auditorium, and the Willow Tea Rooms. For a day outdoors, the Botanic Gardens, Kelvingrove Park, and Glasgow Park are all wonderful choices. And make sure to drive your rental to Fossil Grove, a truly special place located in Victoria Park—here you’ll see the last of a forest that’s more than 300 million years old. Top off your day with a true Scottish meal of Scotch pie or haggis with tatties and neeps (you can even find a vegan version).
Glasgow’s a great destination, but there’s so much more to explore! With a longer term rental car deal you can visit nearby Edinburgh, see the Scottish countryside and head all the way to the Highlands, or drive to nearby northern England. You can even pick up your rental car at Glasgow Airport and drop it off in a different city. Start planning your adventure today!
Glasgow Airport is also known as Abbotsinch Airport and Port-adhair Eadar-nàiseanta Ghlaschu.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $83 per day
- Large cars - from $69 per day
- Medium cars - from $59 per day
- Small cars - from $50 per day
- SUVs - from $84 per day
Top car rental companies
- Interrent (Tel: +4401418891684)
- Enterprise (Tel: +441418401300)
- Alamo (Tel: +441418401300)
- Arnold Clark (Tel: +441413011887 / +441418478602 / +441415670561)
- SIXT (Tel: +448444993399)
- Keddy (Tel: +4403713841079)
- Avis (Tel: +4403445446003)
- Alamo (Tel: 01418401300)
- Europcar (Tel: +4403713841079)
- Interrent (Tel: 01418891684)
- GreenMotion (Tel: +4401414338268)
- Easirent (Tel: +441416117100)
- Rhodium (Tel: +34965233425 / +442038980140)
- Goldcar (Tel: +442078621732)
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Edinburgh (88 km / 55 mi). The capital of Scotland is one of the most picturesque (and most visited) cities in all of the United Kingdom. Attractions include the beautiful Edinburgh Old Town, the National Museum of Scotland, and the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art. Many nice beaches are also located within the city limits.
- Prestwick (61 km / 38 mi). A small town best known as the location of the secondary Glasgow Airport, Prestwick nonetheless has its fair share of delights. The attractions include a number of high-quality golf courses, the Shaw Monument, and the St. Nicholas Church.
- Manchester (352 km / 219 mi). Best known as an industrial center and the home of two famous English football teams, Manchester is also a city of science, arts, and culture. Some of the most popular destinations in the city are the impressive Manchester Town Hall, Central Library, and the People's History Museum, as well as famous areas like Chinatown, the Village, and Curry Mile.
- Dublin (404 km / 251 mi). The capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin’s attractions include the St. Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, Dublin City Gallery, Famine Memorial, and Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship Museum. The fastest trip from Edinburgh to Dublin includes taking a ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland, so if you plan to travel this way, ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit you taking a rental car on a boat.
- London Ashford International Railway Station (764 km / 475 mi). The capital of England and the United Kingdom, London is home to such world-famous landmarks as Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, Tower Bridge, and Trafalgar Square. London is also a foodie’s dream, with delicious cuisine from all over the world widely available in the city.
- Cardiff (639 km / 397 mi). The capital and largest city of Wales, Cardiff is something of a hidden gem among British cities. Its attractions include the 11th century-built Cardiff Castle, the Wales Millennium Center of opera and dance, and St. Fagans National History Museum. After seeing Cardiff, you can visit the nearby Bristol or Swansea, two other interesting travel destinations.
- Middlesbrough (304 km / 189 mi)
- Leicester (505 km / 314 mi)
- Tunbridge Wells (713 km / 443 mi)
- Wellingborough (568 km / 353 mi)
Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- IATA: GLA
- ICAO: EGPF
- Name: Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 98,217
- Passengers (per year): 9,327,193
- Distance from City: 6.8 miles / 11 km W of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +44 (0)870 040 0008
Top 20 Locations near Glasgow Airport
Car Rental in Glasgow (Downtown) from $21.48 per day
Car Rental at Glasgow Central Train Station from $41.83 per day0.9 km / 0.5 miles away
Car Rental Downtown from $29.53 per day33.6 km / 20.9 miles away
Car Rental at Prestwick Airport from $33.46 per day43.3 km / 26.9 miles away
Car Rental at Edinburgh Airport from $33.93 per day57.0 km / 35.4 miles away
Car Rental at Edinburgh Waverley Train Station from $26.86 per day68.4 km / 42.5 miles away
Car Rental in Edinburgh (Downtown) from $35.77 per day68.5 km / 42.5 miles away
Car Rental at Dundee Airport from $36.76 per day101.7 km / 63.2 miles away
Car Rental in Dundee (Downtown) from $14.39 per day105.4 km / 65.5 miles away
Car Rental at Belfast Cruise Port from $24.40 per day170.8 km / 106.1 miles away
Car Rental at George Best Belfast City Airport from $21.48 per day171.1 km / 106.3 miles away
Car Rental in Belfast (Downtown) from $22.14 per day177.1 km / 110.1 miles away
Car Rental at Inverness Train Station from $32.89 per day180.6 km / 112.2 miles away
Car Rental at Belfast International Airport from $20.08 per day181.5 km / 112.8 miles away
Car Rental at Newcastle Airport from $16.12 per day186.4 km / 115.8 miles away
Car Rental at Inverness Airport from $29.02 per day188.0 km / 116.8 miles away
Car Rental at Aberdeen Airport from $27.10 per day196.4 km / 122.0 miles away
Car Rental at Isle of Man Airport from $40.15 per day198.4 km / 123.3 miles away
Car Rental in Barrow-in-Furness (Downtown) from $30.01 per day205.6 km / 127.8 miles away
Car Rental in Portadown (Downtown) from $37.74 per day208.3 km / 129.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Glasgow Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Glasgow Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Glasgow Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Polo||4||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Golf||5||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Fiat 500||2||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||VW Golf||4||2||Medium cars|
|GreenMotion||Mercedes Benz Vito||5||3||People Carriers/Vans|
|Keddy||Fiat Tipo||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 14 Suppliers at Glasgow Airport in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email