Car Rental at Glasgow Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
More gritty and blue-collar than Edinburgh, Scotland’s other large city, Glasgow can nonetheless also be a fascinating travel destination. Known for its distinct architecture, many cultural institutions, and fun nightlife, it has plenty to keep you excited. These are three of its most notable attractions:
- Glasgow Cathedral. One of the symbols of the city, Glasgow Cathedral dates back to the 12th century, although other religious sites are said to have stood in the same place even 700 years before that. A notable example of medieval Gothic architecture, the Catholic church continues to fulfill its original function but has also become a very popular tourist attraction. If you’re interested in Glasgow and Scotland’s religious history, you can also visit St. Mungo’s Museum of Religious Life and Art.
- Riverside Museum. Also known as the Glasgow Museum of Transport, this cultural center is known for its unique building designed by the famous architect Zaha Hadid. The recipient of the 2013 European Museum of the Year award, the quayside museum has an interesting collection of ancient vehicles, steam locomotives, and classic Glasgow trolleybuses of the 1950s and 60s. Visit the City of Glasgow’s official website to learn more about admission and tickets.
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens. One of the most notable in Britain, the city’s botanical gardens are equally known for their wide collection of flora and the scenic glasshouses in which they are located. There are both native species of plants and exotic examples from around the world including impressive tree ferns. The botanic gardens are right next door to Kelvingrove Park, one of the largest green spaces in Glasgow.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $104 per day
- Large cars - from $89 per day
- Medium cars - from $56 per day
- Small cars - from $53 per day
- SUVs - from $119 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Edinburgh (88 km / 55 mi). The capital of Scotland is one of the most picturesque (and most visited) cities in all of the United Kingdom. Attractions include the beautiful Edinburgh Old Town, the National Museum of Scotland, and the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art. Many nice beaches are also located within the city limits.
- Prestwick (61 km / 38 mi). A small town best known as the location of the secondary Glasgow Airport, Prestwick nonetheless has its fair share of delights. The attractions include a number of high-quality golf courses, the Shaw Monument, and the St. Nicholas Church.
- Manchester (352 km / 219 mi). Best known as an industrial center and the home of two famous English football teams, Manchester is also a city of science, arts, and culture. Some of the most popular destinations in the city are the impressive Manchester Town Hall, Central Library, and the People's History Museum, as well as famous areas like Chinatown, the Village, and Curry Mile.
- Dublin (404 km / 251 mi). The capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin’s attractions include the St. Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, Dublin City Gallery, Famine Memorial, and Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship Museum. The fastest trip from Edinburgh to Dublin includes taking a ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland, so if you plan to travel this way, ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit you taking a rental car on a boat.
- London Ashford International Railway Station (764 km / 475 mi). The capital of England and the United Kingdom, London is home to such world-famous landmarks as Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, Tower Bridge, and Trafalgar Square. London is also a foodie’s dream, with delicious cuisine from all over the world widely available in the city.
- Cardiff (639 km / 397 mi). The capital and largest city of Wales, Cardiff is something of a hidden gem among British cities. Its attractions include the 11th century-built Cardiff Castle, the Wales Millennium Center of opera and dance, and St. Fagans National History Museum. After seeing Cardiff, you can visit the nearby Bristol or Swansea, two other interesting travel destinations.
- Middlesbrough (304 km / 189 mi)
- Leicester (505 km / 314 mi)
- Tunbridge Wells (713 km / 443 mi)
- Wellingborough (568 km / 353 mi)
Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- IATA: GLA
- ICAO: EGPF
- Name: Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 98,217
- Passengers (per year): 9,327,193
- Distance from City: 6.8 miles / 11 km W of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
- Phone: +44 (0)870 040 0008
Top 20 Locations near Glasgow Airport
Car Rental at Glasgow Central Train Station from $39.86 per day0.6 km / 0.4 miles away
Car Rental at Prestwick Airport from $75.64 per day44.5 km / 27.7 miles away
Car Rental at Edinburgh Airport from $11.64 per day55.6 km / 34.6 miles away
Car Rental at Edinburgh Waverley Train Station from $15.59 per day67.0 km / 41.6 miles away
Car Rental at Dundee Airport from $75.64 per day100.3 km / 62.3 miles away
Car Rental Dundee West from $92.12 per day103.1 km / 64.1 miles away
Car Rental at Belfast Cruise Port from $16.58 per day172.1 km / 106.9 miles away
Car Rental at Belfast City Airport from $40.51 per day172.4 km / 107.1 miles away
Car Rental Belfast Central Railway station from $40.51 per day176.1 km / 109.5 miles away
Car Rental at Inverness Train Station from $24.49 per day179.9 km / 111.8 miles away
Car Rental at Belfast International Airport from $18.70 per day182.9 km / 113.6 miles away
Car Rental at Newcastle Airport from $36.25 per day185.6 km / 115.3 miles away
Car Rental at Inverness Airport from $42.84 per day187.2 km / 116.3 miles away
Car Rental at Aberdeen Airport from $18.77 per day195.0 km / 121.2 miles away
Car Rental at Isle of Man Airport from $38.07 per day199.3 km / 123.8 miles away
Car Rental at Leeds Bradford Airport from $22.86 per day277.0 km / 172.1 miles away
Car Rental at Holyhead Port from $57.87 per day284.4 km / 176.7 miles away
Car Rental at Liverpool Airport from $21.83 per day295.3 km / 183.5 miles away
Car Rental at Manchester Airport from $13.64 per day306.6 km / 190.5 miles away
Car Rental at Doncaster Sheffield Airport from $23.48 per day337.7 km / 209.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Glasgow Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Glasgow Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Glasgow Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Focus||5||2||Medium cars|
|Easirent||Fiat 500||3||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Easirent||Ford Fiesta||5||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Citroen C3||5||2||Small cars|
|Hertz||Vauxhall Corsa||3||1||Small cars|
|Avis||Vauxhall Crossland||2||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.