Car Hire in Marrakech
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Why hire a car in Marrakech?
A fabled destination, Marrakesh is one of the most visited cities in Morocco for a good reason. In addition to plenty of historical landmarks and atmosphere, Marrakesh can also serve as a gateway to the nearby Berber villages and the stunning Atlas mountains.
One-way Car Hire in Marrakech
The most popular one-way car hire options for pick up in Marrakech and drop off in another city include:
- From Marrakech to Fes - 380 offers from £ 26.15 per day
- From Marrakech to Tangier - 590 offers from £ 26.15 per day
- From Marrakech to Rabat - 521 offers from £ 17.18 per day
- From Marrakech to Agadir - 371 offers from £ 25.16 per day
- From Marrakech to Casablanca - 623 offers from £ 17.18 per day
Top ways to enter Marrakech
- Marrakesh Airport. One of the busiest in the country, Marrakesh Airport has flights by more than 20 airlines, providing flights to and from destinations across North Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. The airport is west of the city centre, with the drive taking about 20 minutes. Other international airports within a three-hour drive from Marrakesh include Casablanca Airport (by far the busiest in the country) and Essaouira Airport.
Top destinations and activities
- Djemaa El-Fna. Visiting the central square of Marrakesh is one of the most magical experiences one can have in Morocco. Exciting to visit at any hour, but especially in evenings after dark, it is known for its endless market stalls, snake charmers, winding side streets, and an atmosphere like no other place.
- Dar Si Saïd Museum. Known for the castle in which it is located and the beautiful gardens that surround it, Dar Si Saïd is a local crafts museum — carpets, wooden sculptures, and even traditional musical instruments are on display, all originating from Marrakesh and the surrounding region.
- El Badi Palace. An impressive palatial complex that was built in the 16th century, then destroyed, and then partially restored, El Badi is one of the most interesting places to visit in Marrakesh. Known for its impressive courtyard, the palace is now also home to the Marrakesh Museum for Photography and Visual Arts. Do keep in mind that the complex and museum are only open until 17:00 (or 5 p.m.).
Traffic and parking
- Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the speed limits are 120 km/h on motorways (autoroutes), 100 km/h on roads outside urban cities that are not motorways, and 60 km/h within populated areas.
- Even in some big cities, and in the smaller towns and villages, there are no special lanes for cyclists or sometimes even pavements for pedestrians. In those cases, you’ll be sharing a road with them, so be extra careful.
- Road signs are written in both Arabic and French. If you don’t know either of these languages, it’s good to learn at least the main terms in one of them before renting a car.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.00% for both experienced and novice drivers. Drunk driving can lead to large fines and even jail time or deportation.
- Proof of insurance and the car’s documentation need to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- When driving, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The nation-wide emergency police number is 19 and the nation-wide ambulance and fire safety department number is 15.
A toll needs to be paid for using most of Morocco’s motorways (autoroutes). All of the toll roads in Morocco are administered by the state-owned company Autoroutes du Maroc (ADM).
Morocco uses a “closed system” for its toll roads, meaning that there is a toll booth both at the entrance and the exit of the toll road. You pay either by cash or by credit card (although some toll points might only accept cash so it’s good to have some available at all times). Make sure to keep any proof that you have paid for the toll road as police checks are frequent and fines can be hefty. The prices for using the toll roads are generally quite low.
Most of the toll roads connect the largest cities of the country. Oftentimes you can opt to use regional roads instead — while travelling along those will be much slower, the views are usually much more scenic.
Ideas for day trips
- Ourika Valley. Situated on the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, the Ourika Valley (named after a river that runs through it) is home to a number of Berber villages. Although traditional in many ways, the inhabitants of the region are now used to tourists and there are many services catering to the visitors, such as the Argan Tree Oil cooperative of local women which produces different kinds of cosmetics and foodstuffs, as well as, naturally, the local markets. The drive from Marrakesh takes only about an hour.
- Essaouira. Once favoured by no others than Jimi Hendrix and Cat Stevens, the coastal city of Essaouira retains something of its free spirit. Known for the distinctively blue hue of its tiles, doors, and even fishing boats at the local harbour, its walled old city (medina) is one of the most picturesque in the country. The drive from Marrakesh takes less than three hours.
Most popular cars
The most popular car for hire in Marrakesh is the Dacia Sandero, followed by the Renault Logan and the Dacia Logan. The most popular car hire types are economy, compact, and standard. A smaller car is fine for exploring the city, but you might want to hire a more powerful vehicle if you plan to travel to the Atlas Mountains or towards Ouarzazate.
Car Hire Prices in Marrakech
- Station wagons - starting at £ 53 per day
- Large cars - starting at £ 75 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 37 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 114 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 173 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 28 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 143 per day
These are some good methods to save money on your car:
- Compare rates of different car providers
- Book your car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit in the month when the car hire prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Marrakesh is the cheapest in September when renting a car is about 43% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 6 Cities near Marrakech
Casablanca Car Hire starting at £ 8.29 per day200.2 km / 124.4 miles away
Tangier Car Hire starting at £ 8.29 per day498.3 km / 309.6 miles away
Agadir Car Hire starting at £ 13.48 per day193.8 km / 120.4 miles away
Fes Car Hire starting at £ 8.29 per day385.1 km / 239.3 miles away
Oujda Car Hire starting at £ 18.97 per day669.5 km / 416.0 miles away
Nador Car Hire starting at £ 23.58 per day598.2 km / 371.7 miles away
Top 8 Destinations around Marrakech
Marrakesh Airport Car Hire starting at £ 7.68 per day4.0 km / 2.5 miles away
Casablanca Airport Mohammed V Car Hire starting at £ 8.29 per day196.5 km / 122.1 miles away
Agadir Airport Car Hire starting at £ 13.48 per day197.7 km / 122.9 miles away
Casa-Port Railway Station Car Hire starting at £ 23.30 per day221.4 km / 137.6 miles away
Fes Airport Car Hire starting at £ 8.29 per day381.2 km / 236.9 miles away
Tangier Airport Car Hire starting at £ 8.29 per day494.4 km / 307.2 miles away
Nador Airport Car Hire starting at £ 23.58 per day594.4 km / 369.3 miles away
Oujda Airport Car Hire starting at £ 18.97 per day665.8 km / 413.7 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car in Marrakech?
What is the usual period for which people keep their hire cars, on average, in Marrakech?
What is the most favoured month for hiring a car in Marrakech?
Car Hire Information
|Car hire locations||4|
|Popular suppliers||LocationAuto, AirCar, United Rent A Car, Autounion, Prepaid Car Rental|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, People Carriers|
|Lowest price||£ 8 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|LocationAuto||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Chevrolet Spark||5||1||Small cars|
|AirCar||Kia Picanto||4||1||Medium cars|
|Prepaid Car Rental||Dacia Logan||4||2||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Suzuki Celerio||4||1||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Kia Picanto||4||1||Small cars|
|LocationAuto||Dacia Sandero||4||2||Medium cars|
|Optimo Rent||Dacia Logan||5||3||Medium cars|
|Prepaid Car Rental||Dacia Logan||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.