Car Rental at London City Airport
500+ Trusted Providers:
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Fiat 500 or similar
$37.90 per day
Volkswagen ID3 or similar
$93.08 per day
Vauxhall Corsa or similar
$102.75 per day
Vauxhall Crossland or similar
$114.48 per day
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
VW Passat or similar
$49.38 / per day
MG ZS or similar
$53.94 / per day
VW Crafter or similar
$106.15 / per day
Toyota Proace or similar
$114.99 / per day
The above prices are only approximate and were last updated at 03:02 on 2022-07-25. Prices may vary based on the booking dates, length of rental, and car class.
Economy car rental price
$60.62 / per day
Average car rental length
Speed limit within town
Speed limit out of town
Acceptable limit of BAC
Average gasoline price
$2.10 / 1 liter
Highest gasoline price
$2.35 / 1 liter
Lowest gasoline price
$1.96 / 1 liter
Airport Car Rental
Did you know? London City Airport is the airport closest to the City of London, both the original settlement of London and Britain’s leading financial district.
Top international routes
British Airways, Flybe, CityJet, Swiss International Air Lines, Lufthansa, and TAP Air Portugal
London City Airport has a single passenger terminal. It has two floors and serves all domestic and international flights.
London City Airport is in East London, in the London Borough of Newham. It’s about 11 km (6.9 mi) from the City of London, while the Canary Wharf area and many other important London locations and attractions are even closer.
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $183 per day
- Large cars - from $101 per day
- Medium cars - from $104 per day
- Premium cars - from $161 per day
- Small cars - from $91 per day
Car rental desks
Most offices are located in a separate area right next to the airport terminal. Just follow the signs and you’ll reach them in a couple of minutes walking.
Services and facilities
Despite the airport’s small size, you’ll find a nice choice of cafés, restaurants, and bars, as well as shops, a bookstore, and a duty-free outlet for passengers leaving the EU. There are also ATMs, two lounges, a pharmacy, and a spa. The left luggage room is in Security Zone A, behind the check-in counter area. The airport is fully accessible to passengers with reduced mobility. Do keep in mind that London City Airport is not open 24/7—business hours are 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on workdays, 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays, and 5:00 a.m. to 10:20 p.m. on Sundays. You can find more information on the airport's official website.
Nearest gas station
Texaco at 200 High Street can be reached in about 12 minutes and is open 24/7. While there are other gas stations even closer to London City Airport, travelers give this Texaco station the highest rating.
Popular one-way rentals
- Edinburgh (648 km / 403 mi). The capital of Scotland is a long drive away from London, but this epic trip north is worth it. One of the most picturesque cities of Europe, it combines classy architecture with ancient sites and large nature areas.
- Luton (55 km / 34 mi). Located just northwest of London, Luton is not often thought of as a tourism destination, but the cozy city has its fair share of delights. Visitors appreciate the Luton Museum & Art Gallery, Stockwood Discovery Center, and the city’s two large parks.
- Manchester (317 km / 197 mi). Combining impressive industrial heritage with a touch of innovation and class, Manchester is one of the most interesting cities of North England. Whether you’re here for the famous Village area, amazing food, or the city’s two world-famous football teams, you won’t be leaving disappointed.
- Winchester (172 km / 107 mi). Known as a cathedral city for its famous central religious building, Winchester is one of the most picturesque places in South East England. In addition to the stunning cathedral, the city also boasts the equally impressive Winchester Castle and the interactive Science Center & Planetarium.
- Canterbury (95 km / 59 mi). Another city famous for an amazing cathedral, Canterbury is one of the most popular day-trip destinations for visitors of London. Inhabited since ancient times, Canterbury is home to many historic sites, specialized museums, and heritage attractions.
- Crawley (84 km / 52 mi). Small and cozy, this West Sussex town is a great place to spend a relaxing day outdoors - located just a short drive south of London, Crawley is surrounded by a number of beautiful gardens, parks, and forests.
London City Airport (LCY)
- IATA: LCY
- ICAO: EGLC
- Name: London City Airport (LCY)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 80,490
- Passengers (per year): 4,530,439
- Distance from City: 6.8 miles / 11 km E of town
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7646 0088
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 19 Locations near London City Airport
Car Rental at London Paddington Train Station from $45.80 per day
Car Rental in London Edgware Road from $76.74 per day0.5 km / 0.3 miles away
Car Rental at London Marylebone Train Station from $76.74 per day1.2 km / 0.7 miles away
Car Rental at London Mayfair from $93.44 per day2.0 km / 1.2 miles away
Car Rental at London Euston Train Station from $95.77 per day3.2 km / 2.0 miles away
Car Rental at London Shepherd’s Bush from $160.37 per day3.6 km / 2.2 miles away
Car Rental at London St Pancras Train Station from $50.76 per day3.9 km / 2.4 miles away
Car Rental at London Kings Cross Train Station from $50.76 per day4.3 km / 2.7 miles away
Car Rental at Waterloo Train Station from $92.00 per day4.7 km / 2.9 miles away
Car Rental in London Fulham from $95.03 per day4.7 km / 2.9 miles away
Car Rental at London Hammersmith Train Station from $61.03 per day4.8 km / 3.0 miles away
Car Rental at London Battersea Park Railway Station from $95.72 per day4.9 km / 3.0 miles away
Car Rental at London South Bank from $102.78 per day4.9 km / 3.1 miles away
Car Rental in London Cricklewood from $83.44 per day5.3 km / 3.3 miles away
Car Rental in London Kennington from $149.03 per day5.5 km / 3.4 miles away
Car Rental at London Lower Holloway from $171.53 per day5.7 km / 3.5 miles away
Car Rental at London Brent Park from $50.76 per day6.8 km / 4.3 miles away
Car Rental at London Tower Bridge from $130.66 per day7.1 km / 4.4 miles away
Car Rental in North Wembley from $94.32 per day11.1 km / 6.9 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at London City Airport?
The cost of renting a car at London City Airport depends on the time of year. This graph compares month-to-month price changes to help you find the best deal.
Average Rental Price at London City Airport
The cheapest time of the year to rent a vehicle at London City Airport is January when prices for an Economy class start from $16.65. You can see that this is 75% cheaper than the yearly average and 84% cheaper than renting a car in November (when rental prices start at $105.32 for a Compact class). Knowing this can help you find the best price. But remember that these are average numbers. The exact cost of your rental will depend on your rental length and on how far in advance you book the car. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most popular rental length at London City Airport?
Travel length differs from one month to another: in November the average rental period is 7 days, while in March, the average rental period is only 5 days.
Average Rental Length
Which is the busiest car rental month at London City Airport?
Travelers are most likely to rent a car at London City Airport in July, while the fewest number of travelers rent in June.
Popularity by Monthly Searches
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Europcar||Vauxhall Corsa||3||1||Small cars|
|Europcar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Mercedes Benz Vito||5||3||Vans|
|GreenMotion||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Citroen C3||5||2||Small cars|
|GreenMotion||Volkswagen ID3||4||2||Medium cars|
|GreenMotion||Kia Rio||2||1||Small cars|
Car Rental Statistics
Highest rated company
8.58 / 10
Lowest rated company
7.2 / 10
Total rental companies
Average daily price
Lowest daily price
Total cars available
Top 6 Suppliers at London City Airport in 2022
Hartmann Rd, London E16 2PX
$99 - $99
London City Airport
$96 - $159
LONDON CITY AIRPORT
$38 - $320
LONDON CITY AIRPORT
Hartmann Rd, Royal Docks, London E16 2PX
$94 - $137
1010 Dockside Rd, London E16 2QT
$93 - $108