Car Rental in Valencia
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Valencia?
Spain’s third largest city is a great place to explore by car. Large and diverse, it offers everything from historic sites and impressive architecture to modern art galleries and many world-class beaches on the Mediterranean coast. Valencia can also serve as a great base for seeing the rest of the Valencian Community region which is best explored with the freedom of your own car.
One-Way Car Rentals in Valencia
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Valencia and drop off in another city include:
- From Valencia to Barcelona - 362 offers from 4.13 USD per day
- From Valencia to Alicante - 128 offers from 4.13 USD per day
- From Valencia to Malaga - 353 offers from 4.13 USD per day
- From Valencia to Seville - 215 offers from 4.13 USD per day
- From Valencia to Madrid - 350 offers from 4.13 USD per day
Top ways to enter Valencia
- Valencia Airport: Also known as Manises Airport and located just west of the city center, Valencia Airport serves around 6 million travelers every year.
- Alicante-Elche Airport: The largest airport of the Valencian Community serves flights by many airlines including a number of low-cost carriers. The airport is about 171km (106 miles) south of Valencia and can be reached in less than two hours.
- Barcelona El Prat Airport: The second-busiest airport in Spain and the seventh-busiest in Europe, Barcelona El Prat primarily serves the capital of Catalonia, but can also be a great starting point from which to explore the rest of the Spanish Mediterranean coast. The airport is about 337km (209 miles) from Valencia and can be reached in about three hours and 20 minutes.
- Madrid Barajas Airport: The largest airport in Spain serves nearly 60 million travelers every year. It hosts flights to and from most parts of the world. Located in the eastern suburbs of Madrid, the airport is about three hours and 20 minutes drive from Valencia.
- By rail: If you arrive in Valencia by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at Estacion del Norte, Valencia’s main train station.
Useful city facts
- Like much of the rest of Spain, Valencia enjoys a subtropical Mediterranean climate with mild winters and hot, dry summers. The average temperature in August, the hottest month, is 30°C (86°F), while the average temperature in January is 12°C (53°F).
- Valencia is one of the food capitals of Spain. It is the birthplace of paella, and many of the best seafood restaurants in Europe can be found here. Other local specialties include arròs negre (black rice), tapas, and tortilla de papas, or the Spanish omelet.
Top destinations and activities
- City of Arts and Science. The architectural complex is often called the most famous modern attraction in Spain. It includes a number of futuristic buildings, like the L’Hemisferic planetarium and laser show, the Prince Felipe Museum of Science, L’Umbracle landscape garden, El Palau de los Arts opera house, and many more.
- L'Oceanogràfic oceanographic park is also part of the City of Arts and Science but is worth mentioning on its own. One of the largest and most unique oceanariums in the world, it is a place to dive with sharks, walk through a shark tunnel, see the dolphinarium, as well as to learn about the different marine ecosystems of the planet. Children love this place, but even if you’re not traveling with kids, it’s undoubtedly one of the highlights of any visit to Valencia.
- Catedral de Santa María de València. Also known as La Seu or simply Valencia Cathedral, it is one of the most impressive Gothic churches in Spain. First built as a Roman temple, it was then rebuilt into a Christian place of worship by the Visigoths and then also temporarily turned into a mosque by the Moors. The cathedral is also famous for its many medieval and renaissance paintings.
Traffic and parking tips
- Speed limits - 50km/h (31mph) in built-up areas, 90km/h (56mph) on most standard roads, 100km/h (62mph) on standard roads that are either one-way roads, roads with more than two lanes for at least one direction of traffic and roads with shoulders more than 1.5m wide, and 120km/h (74mph) on motorways (called autovías in Spain).
- Like in other large cities in Europe, finding a good parking spot can be hard in Valencia. A better alternative than spending hours trying to find a spot in the very city center is to keep your car just outside the downtown boundaries in one of the large paid parking lots or garages. The prices depend on the season and time but are generally quite reasonable.
- The car’s registration and insurance documents must be in it at all times.
- The driver and all passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135cm traveling in the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.
- Unnecessary use of audible warning devices (horns) is prohibited.
- The legal blood alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
Most of the roads in Spain are toll-free. Toll roads are called ‘carretera de peaje’. On maps and road signs, all toll roads have to include a letter P after the road type. The available methods of payment may vary depending on the road, but most will accept cash. Regardless of the region, the average estimated price is €9.5 ($11.25) per 100km. See the official website for prices and more information.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Platja de Les Arenes. The beautiful promenade area that’s located north of the city’s port might be considered a little crowded by some, but for most, it is the most active and fun part of the Valencia area. Beach bars, public events, and opportunities for watersports abound, and the sunsets are simply breathtaking. Another must-visit place if you’re in the city.
- Albufera National Park. Located just 11km (6.8 miles) south of Valencia, the peaceful Albufera might as well be on a different planet. Once a lagoon of the Mediterranean, its canals and streams have turned freshwater over centuries and now support a surprisingly varied ecosystem of flora and fauna. Park your rental car at the park’s entrance and go on a hike, try spotting some of the local birds, and enjoy a tranquil day outdoors.
- El Puig. Valencia is home to many famous Gothic buildings, but very few of them can match the Monastery of Santa Maria in the nearby town of El Puig. Standing for more than 700 years, it is just a 25-minute drive north of Valencia. There are other impressive buildings here as well. If you’re visiting at the right time, you might be able to join one of the town’s several festivals.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Valencia is the Fiat 500, followed by the Renault Clio and the Fiat Panda. The most popular rental car types are the mini, economy, and intermediate classes.
- Murcia. The Region of Murcia is perhaps underrated compared to other jewels of Spain, but that shouldn’t stop you from visiting. Its beaches are less crowded (but no less spectacular) than those of the Valencian Community, its culture and cuisine is a unique mix, and the ancient city of Cartagena has been home to different civilizations since before Christ. It’s close, too - Cartagena is just a three-hour drive down the coast from Valencia and the city of Murcia, the regional capital, is even closer. If there’s still an undiscovered travel destination remaining in Spain, Murcia is it.
- Andalusia. It’s easy to see Spain’s largest region like a country of its own. From fun, stunning beaches around Malaga and Cadiz to the Sierra Nevada mountain range, and from vast national parks to timeless cities like Seville, Granada, and Cordoba, the province really seems to have it all. Deservedly famous for flamenco, bullfighting, and Moorish architecture, Andalusia is so much more than just that. Granada is 480km (298 miles) southeast of Valencia, a distance that’s possible to drive in five hours.
- Barcelona. Spain’s second largest city and one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe, Barcelona is always changing. The stunning coastline, the beautifully haunting architecture of Gaudí, and the fun crowds of La Rambla are constants. But this city keeps finding new ways to surprise you, whether it’s all the culture and art activities that are always going on or simply those unique adventures that you’re simply bound to have if you travel here. From Valencia, Barcelona is just a three-and-a-half hour long, scenic drive north along the coast.
Car Rental Prices in Valencia
- Station wagons - from $53 per day
- Large cars - from $76 per day
- Medium cars - from $59 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $83 per day
- Premium cars - from $111 per day
- Small cars - from $38 per day
- SUVs - from $72 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
These are the tricks you can try to land a cheap rental car in Valencia:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Valencia is the cheapest in June when renting a car is 60% cheaper than the yearly average. Come visit the Mediterranean at the beginning of summer!
Top 20 Cities near Valencia
Madrid Car Rentals from $21.57 per day285.3 km / 177.3 miles away
Barcelona Car Rentals from $20.22 per day295.6 km / 183.7 miles away
Malaga Car Rentals from $11.53 per day470.6 km / 292.4 miles away
Alicante Car Rentals from $22.49 per day134.0 km / 83.3 miles away
Seville Car Rentals from $23.00 per day524.4 km / 325.8 miles away
Bilbao Car Rentals from $31.73 per day469.7 km / 291.9 miles away
Santander Car Rentals from $25.61 per day518.7 km / 322.3 miles away
Valladolid Car Rentals from $27.48 per day443.7 km / 275.7 miles away
Jerez Car Rentals from $21.20 per day575.5 km / 357.6 miles away
Granada Car Rentals from $17.18 per day384.7 km / 239.1 miles away
Asturias Car Rentals from $33.62 per day647.0 km / 402.0 miles away
Santiago de Compostela Car Rentals from $29.88 per day763.8 km / 474.6 miles away
A Coruña Car Rentals from $33.62 per day782.7 km / 486.4 miles away
392.5 km / 243.9 miles away
Vigo Car Rentals from $33.62 per day749.4 km / 465.6 miles away
Zaragoza Car Rentals from $31.61 per day243.9 km / 151.6 miles away
Almeria Car Rentals from $24.50 per day337.4 km / 209.6 miles away
Murcia Car Rentals from $18.02 per day195.7 km / 121.6 miles away
Cadiz Car Rentals from $33.35 per day605.7 km / 376.4 miles away
Pamplona Car Rentals from $11.25 per day377.6 km / 234.6 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Valencia
Downtown Car Rentals from $49.48 per day
Valencia Train Station Car Rentals from $16.97 per day0.0 km / 0.0 miles away
Valencia Airport Car Rentals from $16.96 per day9.2 km / 5.7 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $31.28 per day104.9 km / 65.2 miles away
Alicante Train Station Car Rentals from $33.38 per day124.4 km / 77.3 miles away
Alicante Airport Car Rentals from $22.49 per day131.5 km / 81.7 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $31.28 per day166.1 km / 103.2 miles away
Murcia Airport Car Rentals from $18.02 per day195.3 km / 121.3 miles away
Cartagena Train Station Car Rentals from $24.70 per day212.6 km / 132.1 miles away
Reus Airport Car Rentals from $34.61 per day229.0 km / 142.3 miles away
Tarragona Train Station Car Rentals from $68.41 per day230.1 km / 143.0 miles away
Zaragoza Train Station Car Rentals from $31.61 per day248.5 km / 154.4 miles away
Barcelona Airport Car Rentals from $20.22 per day291.7 km / 181.3 miles away
Madrid Airport Car Rentals from $21.57 per day294.4 km / 183.0 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $47.06 per day299.7 km / 186.2 miles away
Madrid Atocha Train Station Car Rentals from $28.59 per day301.1 km / 187.1 miles away
Barcelona Train Station Car Rentals from $31.61 per day301.8 km / 187.5 miles away
Madrid Chamartin Train Station Car Rentals from $28.59 per day303.0 km / 188.3 miles away
Downtown Car Rentals from $33.82 per day304.3 km / 189.1 miles away
Alcorcon Downtown Car Rentals from $59.06 per day308.1 km / 191.4 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Valencia?
What’s the usual rental length in Valencia?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Valencia?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Click&Rent||Citroen C3||4||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Peugeot 108||3||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Click&Rent||Ford Focus||5||3||Medium cars|
|Click&Rent||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Top 20 Suppliers in Valencia in 2020
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.5 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email