Car Rental in Seville
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Seville?
The capital of Spain’s Andalusia region, Seville is a great destination to discover by car. Offering a mix of past and modernity, it is an interesting place to explore, and its proximity to other historic cities and nature areas provides ample opportunities for interesting day trips.
One-Way Car Rentals in Seville
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Seville and drop off in another city include:
- From Seville to Malaga - 349 offers from US$ 7.06 per day
- From Seville to Barcelona - 302 offers from US$ 7.06 per day
- From Seville to Madrid - 242 offers from US$ 7.06 per day
- From Seville to Valencia - 221 offers from US$ 7.06 per day
- From Seville to Alicante - 95 offers from US$ 7.06 per day
Top ways to enter Seville
- Seville Airport. One of the largest in Andalusia, Seville Airport handled 6.3 million travelers in 2018. The airport is a large hub for low-cost airlines Ryanair and Vueling, and is also served by around 20 other carriers. Located about 11 km (6.8 mi) northeast of the city center, the airport can be reached in about 20 minutes.
- Jerez Airport. Serving the city of Jerez de la Frontera, this airport handled just over one million travelers in 2018. The airport has flights by around 15 different airlines, although some are only active during the summer months. Jerez Airport is 95 km (59 mi) south of Seville and it takes about one hour to reach it.
- Malaga Airport. Serving the large Andalusian city on the Mediterranean coast, Malaga Costa del Sol Airport handled 19 million travelers in 2018. Made up of two operating terminals, the airport has flights by around 50 airlines and provides flights to and from countless destinations in Europe and beyond. Located 215 km (133 mi) southeast of Sevilla, Malaga Airport can be reached in 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Granada Airport. Also known as Granada - Federico Garcia Lorca after the famous poet who hailed from the city, this airport has flights by five different airlines. The airport provides domestic connections, as well as flights to and from the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, and other European countries. Located 238 km (148 mi) east of Seville, Granada Airport takes 2 hours and 30 minutes to reach.
- Faro Airport. With 8.6 million travelers served in 2018, Faro Airport is third-busiest in Portugal and by far the largest in the region of Algarve. The airport is especially active during the summer months when it has flights by around 30 different airlines. Located 200 km (125 mi) west of Seville, Faro Airport can be reached in about two hours. To travel from Portugal to Spain (or vice versa), you’ll have to cross the international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- By rail: If you're arriving in Seville by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at the Seville-Santa Justa Railway Station.
Useful city facts
- Seville has a Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters. The average high temperature is 36.0 °C (98 °F), making Seville one of the hottest large cities in Europe; the average high temperature is 16.2 °C (61.2 °F) in January, the coolest month. The precipitation is very low from June to August, but experiences a significant increase every December and November.
- The main language of Seville, like elsewhere in the country, is Spanish of Andalusian variety. The knowledge of English varies, although most people working in the tourism and service industries should have at least a rudimentary understanding of it (generally speaking, English is much more widespread in Malaga and the rest of Costa del Sol). A small, but noticeable part of the population also know languages like French or Italian.
Top destinations and activities
- The Cathedral of Seville. One of the largest Catholic churches in the world, the cathedral is the pearl of Seville. The fact that it was originally built as a grand mosque is still reminded by La Giralda minaret tower. It is a resting place of Christopher Columbus.
- The local cuisine. The influence of Andalusian cuisine stretches far and wide, and many dishes in Europe, the Americas and North Africa are influenced by it. Start with the city’s world-famous tapas, then continue with other famous dishes. Patatas bravas (spicy potatoes) espinacas con garbanzos (spinach with garbanzos) and pulpo gallego (Galician octopus) are just a few.
- The Jewish Quarter. Although now mainly a historic destination instead of being a home of an active community, Barrio Santa Cruz is a fascinating reminder of the city’s Ladino past and their unique culture, music, and lifestyle. The neighborhood is just a short walk from the Cathedral of Seville.
Traffic and parking tips
- Speed limits - 50km/h (31mph) in built-up areas, 90km/h (56mph) on most standard roads, 100km/h (62mph) on standard roads that are either one-way roads, roads with more than two lanes for at least one direction of traffic and roads with shoulders more than 1.5m wide, and 120km/h (74mph) on motorways (called autovías in Spain).
- The car documentation and insurance always has to be inside a vehicle.
- The driver and all passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135cm travelling on the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.
- Unnecessary use of audible warning devices (horns) is prohibited.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
Most of the roads inside the country are toll-free. Toll roads are called ‘carretera de peaje’. On maps and road signs, all toll roads have to include a letter P after the road type. The payment method may vary depending on the road, but most will accept cash. Regardless of the region, the average estimated price is €9.5 ($11.25) per 100km by car. See the official website for prices and more information.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Doñana National Park: Made up of marshes and the Guadalquivir River, this national park just a two hour drive away from Seville is home to wildlife like deer, wild boars, badgers, mongooses, lynx, and the Spanish imperial eagle.
- Granada: The hauntingly beautiful Moorish architecture is best observed in this unique city, with famous Alhambra just one of the examples.
- Malaga and the Costa del Sol: Offering both an endless party atmosphere for those who seek it and serene spots of calm and relaxation for others, Costa del Sol is perhaps the main beach destination in Southern Europe.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car in Spain is the Ford Fiesta, but travelers tend to also choose the Fiat 500 and the Ford Focus a lot. The most popular car types are economy, compact and mini.
- Algarve: Similar in many ways to Andalucia, but less populated and more wild, Portugal’s next-door southern region is a place of golden beaches, rugged mountains, and cute towns, making it a favorite next destination for many travelers.
- Up the coast: The region of Murcia is an under-appreciated, but a deserving travel destination, Valencian Community has unique character and cuisine, and the most determined travelers will even go all the way to Catalonia and Barcelona.
- Madrid: Spain’s busy, yet beautiful capital city is just five hours drive north, and is a center of art, culture, and entertainment. One way to get there is to go through the city of Cordoba, a city of architectural and historical monuments.
Car Rental Prices in Seville
- Convertibles - from $46 per day
- Station wagons - from $33 per day
- Large cars - from $48 per day
- Medium cars - from $29 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $44 per day
- Premium cars - from $57 per day
- Small cars - from $21 per day
- SUVs - from $38 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Seville:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Seville is the cheapest in June when renting a car is about 50% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Seville
Barcelona Car Rentals from $2.98 per day818.3 km / 508.5 miles away
Madrid Car Rentals from $3.32 per day395.7 km / 245.9 miles away
Malaga Car Rentals from $7.64 per day151.6 km / 94.2 miles away
Alicante Car Rentals from $6.56 per day478.2 km / 297.1 miles away
Valencia Car Rentals from $13.57 per day530.9 km / 329.9 miles away
Bilbao Car Rentals from $14.71 per day696.3 km / 432.6 miles away
Granada Car Rentals from $7.28 per day189.0 km / 117.4 miles away
A Coruña Car Rentals from $16.09 per day687.2 km / 427.0 miles away
Valladolid Car Rentals from $27.72 per day485.1 km / 301.4 miles away
Santiago de Compostela Car Rentals from $5.97 per day645.7 km / 401.2 miles away
Santander Car Rentals from $19.49 per day694.3 km / 431.4 miles away
Jerez Car Rentals from $10.30 per day76.3 km / 47.4 miles away
Asturias Car Rentals from $14.50 per day683.5 km / 424.7 miles away
Murcia Car Rentals from $2.78 per day421.6 km / 262.0 miles away
Zaragoza Car Rentals from $16.20 per day636.1 km / 395.2 miles away
Girona Car Rentals from $19.03 per day892.2 km / 554.4 miles away
Vigo Car Rentals from $15.30 per day583.9 km / 362.8 miles away
Almeria Car Rentals from $20.50 per day318.5 km / 197.9 miles away
Gibraltar La Linea Car Rentals from $9.45 per day148.9 km / 92.5 miles away
Cadiz Car Rentals from $22.24 per day104.9 km / 65.2 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Seville
Seville Train Station Car Rentals from $15.73 per day
Seville Airport Car Rentals from $4.25 per day7.9 km / 4.9 miles away
Jerez Airport Car Rentals from $10.30 per day72.2 km / 44.9 miles away
Huelva Train Station Car Rentals from $18.61 per day87.6 km / 54.4 miles away
Cadiz Train Station Car Rentals from $22.24 per day99.9 km / 62.0 miles away
Algeciras Ferry Port Car Rentals from $20.24 per day148.1 km / 92.0 miles away
Gibraltar La Linea Airport Car Rentals from $9.45 per day148.7 km / 92.4 miles away
Malaga Airport Car Rentals from $2.18 per day153.3 km / 95.3 miles away
Malaga Train Station Car Rentals from $7.64 per day156.4 km / 97.2 miles away
Malaga Port Car Rentals from $42.44 per day157.1 km / 97.6 miles away
Badajoz Airport Car Rentals from $23.01 per day182.6 km / 113.5 miles away
Granada Airport Car Rentals from $7.28 per day195.9 km / 121.7 miles away
Jaen Train Station Car Rentals from $17.25 per day197.3 km / 122.6 miles away
Granada Train Station Car Rentals from $16.20 per day210.6 km / 130.9 miles away
Ciudad Real Train Station Car Rentals from $21.73 per day252.8 km / 157.1 miles away
Almeria Airport Car Rentals from $20.50 per day325.2 km / 202.0 miles away
Madrid Leganes Car Rentals from $14.66 per day378.5 km / 235.2 miles away
Madrid Atocha Train Station Car Rentals from $4.48 per day389.1 km / 241.8 miles away
Madrid Chamartin Train Station Car Rentals from $14.66 per day395.9 km / 246.0 miles away
Madrid Airport Car Rentals from $3.32 per day402.0 km / 249.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Seville?
What’s the usual rental length in Seville?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Seville?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Record-go||Skoda Fabia||5||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Interrent||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Firefly||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|Goldcar||VW Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Peugeot 108||3||1||Small cars|
|Centauro||Ford Fiesta||4||3||Small cars|
|Firefly||Opel Corsa||4||1||Small cars|