Car Rental in Seville
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Seville?
The capital of Spain’s Andalusia region, Seville is a great destination to discover by car. Offering a mix of past and modernity, it is an interesting place to explore, and its proximity to other historic cities and nature areas provides ample opportunities for interesting day trips.
One-Way Car Rentals in Seville
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Seville and drop off in another city include:
- From Seville to Malaga - 349 offers from $6.43 per day
- From Seville to Barcelona - 302 offers from $6.43 per day
- From Seville to Madrid - 242 offers from $6.43 per day
- From Seville to Valencia - 221 offers from $6.43 per day
- From Seville to Alicante - 95 offers from $6.43 per day
Top ways to enter Seville
- Seville Airport. One of the largest in Andalusia, Seville Airport handled 6.3 million travelers in 2018. The airport is a large hub for low-cost airlines Ryanair and Vueling, and is also served by around 20 other carriers. Located about 11 km (6.8 mi) northeast of the city center, the airport can be reached in about 20 minutes.
- Jerez Airport. Serving the city of Jerez de la Frontera, this airport handled just over one million travelers in 2018. The airport has flights by around 15 different airlines, although some are only active during the summer months. Jerez Airport is 95 km (59 mi) south of Seville and it takes about one hour to reach it.
- Malaga Airport. Serving the large Andalusian city on the Mediterranean coast, Malaga Costa del Sol Airport handled 19 million travelers in 2018. Made up of two operating terminals, the airport has flights by around 50 airlines and provides flights to and from countless destinations in Europe and beyond. Located 215 km (133 mi) southeast of Sevilla, Malaga Airport can be reached in 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Granada Airport. Also known as Granada - Federico Garcia Lorca after the famous poet who hailed from the city, this airport has flights by five different airlines. The airport provides domestic connections, as well as flights to and from the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, and other European countries. Located 238 km (148 mi) east of Seville, Granada Airport takes 2 hours and 30 minutes to reach.
- Faro Airport. With 8.6 million travelers served in 2018, Faro Airport is third-busiest in Portugal and by far the largest in the region of Algarve. The airport is especially active during the summer months when it has flights by around 30 different airlines. Located 200 km (125 mi) west of Seville, Faro Airport can be reached in about two hours. To travel from Portugal to Spain (or vice versa), you’ll have to cross the international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- By rail: If you're arriving in Seville by train, you can conveniently pick up your rental car at the Seville-Santa Justa Railway Station.
- Seville has a Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters. The average high temperature is 36.0 °C (98 °F), making Seville one of the hottest large cities in Europe; the average high temperature is 16.2 °C (61.2 °F) in January, the coolest month. The precipitation is very low from June to August, but experiences a significant increase every December and November.
- The main language of Seville, like elsewhere in the country, is Spanish of Andalusian variety. The knowledge of English varies, although most people working in the tourism and service industries should have at least a rudimentary understanding of it (generally speaking, English is much more widespread in Malaga and the rest of Costa del Sol). A small, but noticeable part of the population also know languages like French or Italian.
Top destinations and activities
- Cathedral of Seville: One of the largest Catholic churches in the world, the cathedral is called the Pearl of Seville. Like many other structures in the region, the impressive building was originally a mosque, a fact that is reminded by the La Giralda minaret tower. The cathedral is also the resting place for Cristopher Columbus.
- Local cuisine: The influence of Andalusian cuisine stretches far and wide, and many dishes in Europe, the Americas, and North Africa are influenced by it. Start with the city’s world-famous tapas, then continue with equally enjoyable dishes like patatas bravas (spicy potatoes), espinacas con garbanzos (spinach with garbanzos), and pulpo gallego (Galician octopus).
- Barrio Santa Cruz: The former home of the city’s Jewish community until their expulsion in the late 15th century, Santa Cruz is one of the most historic and fascinating parts of the city. Instead of a single landmark or attraction, the main draw of this historic neighborhood is its special atmosphere of steep side streets and narrow gates. Santa Cruz is just a short walk from the Cathedral of Seville.
Traffic and parking
- Speed limits - 50km/h (31mph) in built-up areas, 90km/h (56mph) on most standard roads, 100km/h (62mph) on standard roads that are either one-way roads, roads with more than two lanes for at least one direction of traffic and roads with shoulders more than 1.5m wide, and 120km/h (74mph) on motorways (called autovías in Spain).
- The car documentation and insurance always has to be inside a vehicle.
- The driver and all passengers are required to wear seatbelts.
- Children up to the age of 12 and measuring less than 135cm travelling on the front seat of a car must be seated in a child restraint system adapted to their size and weight.
- Unnecessary use of audible warning devices (horns) is prohibited.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.02% for novice drivers.
- The emergency number is 112.
Most of the roads inside the country are toll-free. Toll roads are called ‘carretera de peaje’. On maps and road signs, all toll roads have to include a letter P after the road type. The payment method may vary depending on the road, but most will accept cash. Regardless of the region, the average estimated price is €9.5 ($11.25) per 100km by car. See the official website for prices and more information.
Ideas for day trips
- Doñana National Park: Made up of marshes, sand dunes, and the mighty Guadalquivir River, this is one of the most distinct and interesting protected areas in Spain. The national park is home to wildlife like deer, wild boars, badgers, mongooses, lynx, and the Spanish imperial eagle. The drive from Seville takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Malaga and the Costa del Sol: Offering both an endless party atmosphere for those who seek it and serene spots of calm and relaxation for others, the Costa del Sol is perhaps the main beach destination in Southern Europe. Malaga, the region’s main city, is also one of Andalusia’s cultural hubs. The drive from Seville will take about two hours.
- Cordoba: Located in northern Andalusia, historic Cordoba is best known for its well-preserved Old Town and the Mezquita, an 8th-century mosque-turned-cathedral — the latter is probably one of the most impressive buildings in all of Spain, if not Europe. The drive from Seville takes only about an hour and 40 minutes.
Most popular cars
The most popular rental car in Spain is the Ford Fiesta, but travelers tend to also choose the Fiat 500 and the Ford Focus a lot. The most popular car types are economy, compact and mini.
- Granada: Timeless Granada is the best place in Spain to see the hauntingly beautiful Moorish architecture. The Alhambra is the most famous example of it, but it is far from the only one. The from Seville takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes, so while it can be visited on a day trip, sparing two or three days would be ideal.
- Algarve: Similar in many ways to Andalusia, but less populated and with a more untamed feel about it, Portugal’s southern region is a place of golden beaches, rugged mountains, and historic coastal towns, making it a favorite holiday destination for many travelers. Faro, the region’s capital, is only a two-hour drive west of Seville. Do ask your rental car provider in advance to make sure they permit you to cross the border.
- Madrid: Spain’s busy, yet beautiful capital city is a global center of art, culture, and entertainment. Whether you go to enjoy the holy trinity of art museums, to watch one of the world’s most famous football teams, or to explore the varieties of Spanish cuisine from all corners of the country, you’re bound to have a good time. The drive north takes only about five hours.
Car Rental Prices in Seville
- Convertibles - from $136 per day
- Station wagons - from $31 per day
- Large cars - from $55 per day
- Medium cars - from $35 per day
- Vans - from $79 per day
- Premium cars - from $51 per day
- Small cars - from $19 per day
- SUVs - from $38 per day
You can do a number of things to get a good car rental deal in Seville:
- Compare rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit on the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Seville is the cheapest in June when renting a car is about 50% cheaper than the yearly average.
Top 20 Cities near Seville
Madrid Car Rentals from $29.14 per day392.9 km / 244.1 miles away
Barcelona Car Rentals from $21.07 per day801.5 km / 498.1 miles away
Malaga Car Rentals from $25.27 per day148.8 km / 92.4 miles away
478.2 km / 297.2 miles away
527.4 km / 327.7 miles away
702.0 km / 436.2 miles away
Jerez Car Rentals from $31.94 per day81.2 km / 50.5 miles away
Granada Car Rentals from $25.40 per day204.1 km / 126.8 miles away
Santiago de Compostela Car Rentals from $54.03 per day647.5 km / 402.4 miles away
Zaragoza Car Rentals from $22.23 per day636.1 km / 395.2 miles away
901.0 km / 559.8 miles away
A Coruña Car Rentals from $14.08 per day693.4 km / 430.8 miles away
Vigo Car Rentals from $16.17 per day583.9 km / 362.8 miles away
Santander Car Rentals from $18.52 per day694.3 km / 431.4 miles away
Murcia Car Rentals from $33.39 per day424.9 km / 264.0 miles away
Asturias Car Rentals from $11.51 per day683.5 km / 424.7 miles away
Almeria Car Rentals from $11.05 per day318.5 km / 197.9 miles away
Oviedo Car Rentals from $10.71 per day661.5 km / 411.0 miles away
San Sebastian Car Rentals from $18.30 per day745.9 km / 463.5 miles away
Reus Car Rentals from $19.67 per day731.3 km / 454.4 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Seville
Seville Airport Car Rentals from $4.33 per day14.9 km / 9.2 miles away
Jerez La Parra Airport Car Rentals from $8.19 per day61.4 km / 38.2 miles away
Cadiz Train Station Car Rentals from $19.20 per day90.3 km / 56.1 miles away
Huelva Train Station Car Rentals from $24.31 per day90.9 km / 56.5 miles away
Cadiz Port Car Rentals from $31.94 per day92.2 km / 57.3 miles away
Playa Puerto Banus Car Rentals from $27.23 per day124.0 km / 77.0 miles away
Algeciras Ferry Port Car Rentals from $31.94 per day135.6 km / 84.3 miles away
Malaga Airport Car Rentals from $3.81 per day143.7 km / 89.3 miles away
Malaga Train Station Car Rentals from $7.82 per day147.1 km / 91.4 miles away
Granada Airport Car Rentals from $13.03 per day190.5 km / 118.4 miles away
Granada Train Station Car Rentals from $21.52 per day205.3 km / 127.6 miles away
Almeria Airport Car Rentals from $11.05 per day318.9 km / 198.2 miles away
Madrid Atocha Train Station Car Rentals from $5.63 per day397.1 km / 246.7 miles away
Madrid Chamartin Train Station Car Rentals from $16.42 per day403.9 km / 251.0 miles away
Madrid Airport Car Rentals from $4.03 per day409.8 km / 254.6 miles away
Madrid Paracuellos de Jarama Car Rentals from $23.73 per day412.9 km / 256.6 miles away
Murcia Corvera Airport Car Rentals from $4.84 per day426.4 km / 265.0 miles away
Zamora Train Station Car Rentals from $18.52 per day470.5 km / 292.4 miles away
Alicante Airport Car Rentals from $4.80 per day484.4 km / 301.0 miles away
Valencia Airport Car Rentals from $4.15 per day533.7 km / 331.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Seville?
What’s the usual rental length in Seville?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Seville?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Record-go||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Ok Mobility||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Interrent||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Small cars|
|Ok Mobility||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Ok Mobility||Peugeot 208||5||1||Small cars|
|Ok Mobility||Peugeot 3008||5||3||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.