Car Rental at Burgas Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
A port city known for its industrial and mercantile acumen, Burgas has also become one of Bulgaria’s most beloved travel destinations. There are nice enough beaches in the city, but an even more attractive coastline and other natural attractions are within easy reach if you explore the area with a car. Don’t be in too great a hurry to leave Burgas, though, as the city also has some cultural gems to explore. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around it:
- Museums. Burgas has a good number of local museums and galleries that are definitely worth exploring! Perhaps the most interesting among them is the Archaeological Museum which has plenty of artifacts from the Ancient Greek and Roman days, and even from cultures that predate them. Other notable ones include the Natural History Museum, the Flora exhibition of unique plants, and the Ethnographic Museum dedicated to local folklore.
- Poda. A large and protected wetland area, Poda is one of the most interesting natural attractions in this part of the country. Located only about a 15-minute drive south of the city center of Burgas, it is known for its great diversity of wading and other types of birds that include Dalmatian pelicans, purple herons, and marsh harriers. You can ask for a pair of binoculars at Poda’s visitor’s center or even get a tour from an ornithologist. In addition to the nearby sea, Poda is also bordered by three large lakes, all of which are popular trip destinations. Other notable nature areas near Burgas include the Ropotamo Reserve which is about a 45-minute drive south just before the coastal town of Primorsko.
- Nesebar. Protected by UNESCO, the historic town of Nesebar is another popular day trip. Although predating the birth of Christianity by a good 500 years, it is best known for its many churches and monasteries — some are in a state of disrepair, others remain in good condition, but all have fascinating stories to tell. The drive from Burgas takes only about 35 minutes.
Top international routes
- Tel Aviv
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $51 per day
- Large cars - from $70 per day
- Medium cars - from $40 per day
- Vans - from $105 per day
- Premium cars - from $148 per day
- Small cars - from $31 per day
- SUVs - from $96 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Sofia (388 km / 241 mi). The capital and by far the largest city in the country, Sofia is Bulgaria’s hub of culture and finance. It is a unique city with a lively energy and has plenty for a traveler to see, including landmarks like the St. Aleksander Nevski Cathedral, National Museum of History, and Museum of Socialist Art.
- Varna (120 km / 74 mi). The largest Bulgarian city on the Black Sea, Varna has been inhabited since ancient times. Traces of this fascinating heritage are kept in Varna Archaeological Museum, Aladzha Monastery, and other interesting sites. Varna also has an impressive aquarium with a focus on the Black Sea flora and fauna, as well as the Nicolaus Copernicus Observatory and Planetarium
- Ravda (21 km / 13 mi). A small town just north of Burgas, Ravda is a Black Sea beach hub. During the summer months, the area is full of visitors, open beach bars, seafood restaurants, and nightclubs. Ravda is also a stone’s throw from Nesebar, a town that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site thanks to its well-preserved ancient churches.
- Sunny Beach / Slanchev Bryag (26 km / 16 mi). Another popular beach town, the beautiful coastline of Sunny Beach attracts thousands of visitors from Bulgaria and abroad every year. Sunny Beach is one of the Bulgarian hubs of diving and other water sports.
- Sozopol (44 km / 28 mi). Yet another beach hub, Sozopol has a more laid back and simple vibe than some other Bulgarian coastal hotspots. An ancient settlement, Sozopol also boasts an amphitheater and some of the oldest churches in Bulgaria.
- Istanbul (346 km / 215 mi). Straddling two continents, the largest city of Turkey is a destination like no other. A hub of culture, religion, food, and entertainment, its special energy lingers long after you’ve returned home. To go from Bulgaria to Turkey, you’ll have to cross an international border, so make sure in advance your rental car provider permits it. Also, check whether you need a visa to enter.
Burgas Airport (BOJ)
- IATA: BOJ
- ICAO: LBBG
- Name: Burgas Airport (BOJ)
- Size: Large Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 21,466
- Passengers (per year): 2,982,339
- Distance from City: 9.3 miles / 15 km N of town
- Phone: +359 56 870248
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 20 Locations near Burgas Airport
Car Rental in Burgas with delivery within city limits from $8.72 per day
Car Rental at Bourgas Plaza Mall from $18.63 per day3.8 km / 2.4 miles away
Car Rental in Kraimorie with delivery within city limits from $11.33 per day6.0 km / 3.7 miles away
Car Rental in Chernomorets with delivery within city limits from $11.33 per day15.0 km / 9.3 miles away
Car Rental in Pomorie with delivery within city limits from $10.46 per day15.7 km / 9.7 miles away
Car Rental in Sozopol with hotel delivery from $11.33 per day20.5 km / 12.8 miles away
Car Rental in Aheloy with delivery within city limits from $11.33 per day22.2 km / 13.8 miles away
Car Rental in Ravda with delivery within city limits from $11.33 per day23.6 km / 14.6 miles away
Car Rental in Duni with delivery within city limits from $12.21 per day23.8 km / 14.8 miles away
Car Rental in Nessebar with delivery to hotel from $11.33 per day28.1 km / 17.5 miles away
Car Rental in Sunny Beach with delivery within city limits from $11.33 per day28.8 km / 17.9 miles away
Car Rental in Aytos with delivery within city limits from $14.49 per day29.2 km / 18.2 miles away
Car Rental in Sveti Vlas with delivery within city limits from $11.33 per day33.3 km / 20.7 miles away
Car Rental in Primorsko with delivery within city limits from $13.94 per day34.6 km / 21.5 miles away
Car Rental in Elenite with delivery to Hotel from $11.33 per day35.9 km / 22.3 miles away
Car Rental in Kiten with delivery within city limits from $13.94 per day38.2 km / 23.7 miles away
Car Rental in Lozenets with delivery within city limits from $14.82 per day42.4 km / 26.3 miles away
Car Rental in Tsarevo with delivery within city limits from $14.82 per day47.8 km / 29.7 miles away
Car Rental in Obzor with delivery to hotel from $31.80 per day49.1 km / 30.5 miles away
Car Rental in Byala with delivery within city limits from $31.80 per day54.0 km / 33.6 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Burgas Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Burgas Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Burgas Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Top Rent A Car||Renault Clio V||5||2||Small cars|
|ACARENT||Toyota Yaris||5||1||Small cars|
|Top Rent A Car||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Top Rent A Car||Renault Clio Grandtour||5||2||Station wagons|
|SIXT||Skoda Fabia||5||1||Small cars|
|Top Rent A Car||VW T-Roc||5||3||SUVs|
|Top Rent A Car||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Top Rent A Car||Citroen C3||5||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||Opel Corsa 1.2 Aut.||5||1||Small cars|
|SIXT||Skoda Citigo||3||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.