Car Rental at Varna Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Arguably the most popular destination in Bulgaria during the summer months, Varna is a Black Sea resort city but also a place of ancient habitation and well-preserved history. These are three of its most interesting attractions:
- Varna Archaeological Museum. The area around Varna has been inhabited for at least 6,500 years and has been ruled by many famous civilizations. Arguably the best place to learn more about this heritage is the city’s Archaeological Museum which boasts a mighty collection of at least 100,000 artifacts.
- Aladzha Monastery. Also technically a part of the archaeological museum, but located about a 20-minute drive northeast of the city center, Aladzha is a cave monastery that was inhabited for at least 600 years. Eventually abandoned, its caverns have now been turned into one of the most interesting attractions in the Varna area.
- Golden Sands Nature Park. This small, but scenic preserved area is named after the neighboring beach resort of the same name (known as Zlatni Pjasci in Bulgarian). The nature park is home to a surprisingly diverse flora, as well as wildlife species such as northern goshawk and red deer. The drive from Varna takes only about 25 minutes.
Top international routes
- Tel Aviv
Most popular types of rental car
- Convertibles - from $31 per day
- Station wagons - from $5 per day
- Large cars - from $11 per day
- Medium cars - from $14 per day
- Vans - from $11 per day
- Premium cars - from $39 per day
- Small cars - from $3 per day
- SUVs - from $8 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Burgas (136 km / 84 mi). Another Bulgarian city on the Black Sea Coast, Burgas is smaller than Varna, but its beaches are just as beautiful. Additionally, the city is near the Poda wetlands area (a home to many unique aquatic bird species) and a number of lakes.
- Sofia (435 km / 270 mi). Located in the northeastern part of the country, the capital of Bulgaria has a very different atmosphere than the coastal area of the country. Sofia is home to many interesting cultural venues like Earth and Man Museum and Museum of Socialist Art; the city is also near the Vitosha mountain massif, a winter sports hub.
- Slanchev Bryag / Sunny Beach (102 km / 63 mi). Located on the way between Varna and Burgas, the quaint Sunny Beach has a much more relaxed atmosphere than the two larger coastal cities. Tugged between the sea and the mountains, Sunny Beach is the perfect place for doing water sports or simply enjoying the sea and the sun.
- Plovdiv (365 km / 227 mi). The second city of Bulgaria is one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in Europe. Unsurprisingly, then, the city has countless fascinating historic sites and remains of the different empires that used to rule the area. In 2019, Plovdiv was the European Capital of Culture.
- Bucharest (279 km / 173 mi). The capital city of neighboring Romania, Bucharest has been rapidly growing in stature as a popular tourist destination. Mixing classical history with social heritage and contemporary vibes, the city is a hub of architecture and arts. To go from Bulgaria to Romania, you’ll have to cross the international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Bansko (514 km / 319 mi). Located in the Pirin mountains, the town of Bansko has the average elevation of 1,200 m (3,900 ft). Bansko is a great hub of winter sports in the summer months and an amazing nature area for hiking and discovering in the summer months.
Varna Airport (VAR)
- IATA: VAR
- ICAO: LBWN
- Name: Varna Airport (VAR)
- Distance from city: 5 miles / 8 km
Top 4 Locations near Varna Airport
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Varna Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Varna Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Varna Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||BOJONE, Top Rent A Car, Green Rent A Car, Low Cost Cars, GreenMotion|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$3 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Yes Rent A Car|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Top Rent A Car||Hyundai i20||5||1||Small cars|
|Green Rent A Car||Toyota Aygo X||5||2||SUVs|
|BOJONE||Hyundai i20||5||2||Medium cars|
|BOJONE||Opel Zafira 5+2||4||5||Large cars|
|Low Cost Cars||Dacia Sandero||5||1||Small cars|
|Green Rent A Car||Toyota Yaris Cross||5||2||SUVs|
|Top Rent A Car||Citroen C3||5||1||Small cars|
|Yes Rent A Car||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|BOJONE||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|BOJONE||Hyundai i30 STW||4||3||Station wagons|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.