Car Rental Varna Airport (VAR)
500+ Trusted Providers:
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
The above prices are only approximate and were last updated at 14:29 on 2020-02-04. Prices may vary based on the booking dates, length of rental, and car class.
Average car rental length
Economy car rental price
$13.78 / per day
Speed limit out of town
Speed limit within town
Acceptable limit of BAC
Airport Car Rental
Varna Airport is also known as Letishte Varna.
Top international routes
- Tel Aviv
Bulgaria Air, Wizz Air, Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia, BH Air, Germania, and Enter Air
Terminal 3 is the main terminal while Terminal 2 is primarily used during the summer months. They are connected by a free shuttle bus.
Varna Airport is about 9 km (5.6 mi) northwest of the city center. Motorway A2/E70 and Drin Street are the main roads connecting the airport to the city.
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $28 per day
- Large cars - from $35 per day
- Medium cars - from $27 per day
- People Carriers/Vans - from $58 per day
- Premium cars - from $144 per day
- Small cars - from $21 per day
- SUVs - from $76 per day
Top car rental companies
- Prestige Rent A Car (Tel: +359888630063)
- Top Rent a Car (Tel: +359887205813)
- Lion Rent A Car (Tel: +35928921310 / +359876408049)
- M Rent (Tel: +359885302519)
- Budget (Tel: +35952731056 / +359899700005)
- SIXT (Tel: +35952599490)
- Enterprise (Tel: +35952680254)
- Alamo (Tel: +35952680254)
- Dives Rent a car (Tel: +359898446083)
- Car 1 (Tel: +359889611771)
- Europcar (Tel: +359884666680)
- Avis (Tel: +35952500832)
- Yes Rent A Car (Tel: +359889907070)
- Hertz (Tel: +35952510250 / +359899855034)
- Firefly (Tel: +35924740175)
- Thrifty (Tel: +35924740185)
- AddCar (Tel: +359893444343 / +359893444343)
- GreenMotion (Tel: +359876717717)
- NuCarrentals (Tel: +35970020225)
- Ace Rent a car (Tel: 359884049350 / 3172487251)
Car rental desks
Some are located in the arrivals hall of T2 while others are in a separate facility close to T2 and often provide free shuttle from the airport. The exact location of your car rental provider's desk will be listed on your Confirmation Voucher.
Services and facilities
You’ll find cafeterias and snack bars, as well as shops, including duty-free outlets in T2. There are also ATMs and several currency exchanges, a children’s play area, baby changing facilities, a luggage wrapping service, a medical center for emergencies, a lost and found office, a prayer room, and an outdoor observation terrace. The facilities at Varna Airport are partially equipped for travelers with reduced mobility, and the airport’s special assistance department (GSM: +359 52 573 323) offers help. You can find more information on the airport's official website.
Nearest gas station
Петрол/Petrol gas station, located at 9023 Zapad, is on the right side of Highway E70 when going from the airport to Varna. It can be reached in about five minutes and is open 24/7. There are many other gas stations near Varna Airport and on the way to the city.
Popular one-way rentals
- Burgas (136 km / 84 mi). Another Bulgarian city on the Black Sea Coast, Burgas is smaller than Varna, but its beaches are just as beautiful. Additionally, the city is near the Poda wetlands area (a home to many unique aquatic bird species) and a number of lakes.
- Sofia (435 km / 270 mi). Located in the northeastern part of the country, the capital of Bulgaria has a very different atmosphere than the coastal area of the country. Sofia is home to many interesting cultural venues like Earth and Man Museum and Museum of Socialist Art; the city is also near the Vitosha mountain massif, a winter sports hub.
- Slanchev Bryag / Sunny Beach (102 km / 63 mi). Located on the way between Varna and Burgas, the quaint Sunny Beach has a much more relaxed atmosphere than the two larger coastal cities. Tugged between the sea and the mountains, Sunny Beach is the perfect place for doing water sports or simply enjoying the sea and the sun.
- Plovdiv (365 km / 227 mi). The second city of Bulgaria is one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in Europe. Unsurprisingly, then, the city has countless fascinating historic sites and remains of the different empires that used to rule the area. In 2019, Plovdiv was the European Capital of Culture.
- Bucharest (279 km / 173 mi). The capital city of neighboring Romania, Bucharest has been rapidly growing in stature as a popular tourist destination. Mixing classical history with social heritage and contemporary vibes, the city is a hub of architecture and arts. To go from Bulgaria to Romania, you’ll have to cross the international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Bansko (514 km / 319 mi). Located in the Pirin mountains, the town of Bansko has the average elevation of 1,200 m (3,900 ft). Bansko is a great hub of winter sports in the summer months and an amazing nature area for hiking and discovering in the summer months.
Varna Airport (VAR)
- IATA: VAR
- ICAO: LBWN
- Airport name: Varna Airport (VAR)
- Airport type: Public / Civil
- Airport Size: Large Airport
- Elevation AMSL: 70 m / 230 ft
- Runway Surface: Asphalt
- Aircraft movements (per year): 15,950
- Passengers (per year): 1,970,700
- Distance from City: 5 miles / 8 km W of town
- Airport Hours: 24 hours a day
Top 5 Locations near Varna Airport
Car Rental at Varna, Downtown from $16.16 per day
Car Rental at Burgas Airport from $5.27 per day77.9 km / 48.4 miles away
Car Rental at Plovdiv Airport from $11.54 per day275.5 km / 171.2 miles away
Car Rental at Sofia Airport from $10.40 per day364.4 km / 226.5 miles away
Car Rental at Sofia Airport Terminal 2 from $11.36 per day364.4 km / 226.5 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Varna Airport?
The cost of renting a car at Varna Airport depends on the time of year. This graph compares month-to-month price changes to help you find the best deal.
Average Rental Price at Varna Airport
The cheapest time of the year to rent a vehicle at Varna Airport is March when prices for an Economy class start from $16.22. You can see that this is 69% cheaper than the yearly average and 82% cheaper than renting a car in July (when rental prices start at $91.12 for a Compact class). Knowing this can help you find the best price. But remember that these are average numbers. The exact cost of your rental will depend on your rental length and on how far in advance you book the car. Enter your travel dates at the top of the page to see exact prices and offers!
What’s the most popular rental length at Varna Airport?
Travel length differs from one month to another: in September the average rental period is 32 days, while in December, the average rental period is only 2 days.
Average Rental Length at Varna Airport
Which is the busiest car rental month at Varna Airport?
Travelers are most likely to rent a car at Varna Airport in July, while the fewest number of travelers rent in September.
Varna Airport Car Rental Popularity by Monthly Searches
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|AddCar||Renault Clio||4||2||Small cars|
|AddCar||Toyota Yaris||5||3||Medium cars|
|AddCar||Renault Clio Grandtour||5||2||Station wagons|
|AddCar||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|AddCar||Renault Grand Scenic||5||1||People Carriers/Vans|
|AddCar||VW Passat||4||2||Station wagons|
|AddCar||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|SIXT||Skoda Citigo||3||Small cars|
|SIXT||Opel Corsa||5||1||Small cars|
Should I rent a car at Varna Airport (VAR)?
A majority of the ratings and reviews left by Discover Cars’ customers recommend renting a car (7.0 from 1 reviews).
What do you need to rent a car at Varna Airport (VAR)?
In most cases, you need a driver’s license, passport or ID card, and a credit card (in the name of the main driver), and the booking voucher to rent a car. Some companies may have additional requirements (be sure to check the rental conditions).
On what side of the road do they drive in Bulgaria?
Drivers must drive on the right side of the road.
Can I rent a car at 18 in Bulgaria?
Yes, you can rent a car at the age of 18.
How old do you have to be to rent a car at Varna Airport (VAR)?
You must be between 18 and 75 years old.
Can you rent automatic cars at Varna Airport (VAR)?
Yes, automatic cars are available from AddCar, Lion Rent A Car, Europcar, Budget, SIXT, Dives Rent a car, Thrifty, EasyRentBulgaria, M Rent, Avis, Prestige Rent A Car and Yes Rent A Car at Varna Airport (VAR).
Can I rent a car with a debit card?
Though most companies require a credit card to leave a deposit, some accept debit cards. Check the rental conditions for more information.
Can I rent a car without a credit card?
Most companies require a credit card to pick up the car. Some may accept debit cards or cash. Check the rental conditions for more information.
What car classes can I rent?
Small cars, Station wagons, SUVs, Medium cars, Large cars, People Carriers/Vans and Premium cars vehicle types are available at Varna Airport (VAR).
Can I rent a car at Varna Airport (VAR) with my home country’s driver's license (for example, U.S., U.K., or Australia)?
In most cases, a driver’s license from your home country is acceptable if it uses the Latin alphabet. In some cases, you will need an International Driving Permit (IDP). Check the rental conditions for more information. If your driver’s license does not use the Latin alphabet, you need an International Driving Permit (IDP) at Varna Airport (VAR).
Do I need an International Driving Permit at Varna Airport (VAR)?
In most cases, if your driver’s license uses the Latin alphabet, you can rent a car in at Varna Airport (VAR) without an International Driving Permit (IDP). In some cases, you will need an International Driving Permit (IDP). Check the rental conditions for more information. If your driver’s license does not use the Latin alphabet, you need an International Driving Permit (IDP) at Varna Airport (VAR).
How much does an additional driver cost? Is there an option for a free additional driver?
No rental company at Varna Airport (VAR) offers a free additional driver.
How much does it cost to rent a car at Varna Airport (VAR)?
A rental car costs $41 per day, on average. The lowest daily price found in the past 48 hours was $3 at AddCar.
How much is car rental for a week?
The average price for a weekly rental at Varna Airport (VAR) is $284. In the past 48 hours, the lowest price for a weekly rental at Varna Airport (VAR) was $23.
What car rental companies are located at Varna Airport (VAR)?
AddCar, Lion Rent A Car, Europcar, Budget, SIXT, Dives Rent a car, Thrifty, EasyRentBulgaria, M Rent, Avis, Prestige Rent A Car and Yes Rent A Car can be found at Varna Airport (VAR).
What car rental companies are onsite (in terminal) at Varna Airport (VAR)?
SIXT, Europcar, AddCar and Avis are located onsite at Varna Airport (VAR).
Which car rental companies offer meet and greet at Varna Airport (VAR)?
GreenMotion and MEX RENT A CAR offer meet and greet service at Varna Airport (VAR).
What is the best car rental company at Varna Airport (VAR)?
Ratings and reviews left by our users indicate that the best providers are Lion Rent A Car (9.4, 12 reviews), Top Rent a Car (8.9, 9 reviews) and Dives Rent a car (8.8, 14 reviews).
Our Customers Reviews
April 20, 2019
Varna is super
Top 20 Suppliers for Varna Airport in 2020
Prestige Rent A Car
Delivery Service / Meet&Greet
+35928921310 / +359876408049
Varna Airport, 9000 Varna
Letishte Varna 9154
+35952731056 / +359899700005
Int. Airport, Arrivals Hall 1
VARNENSKI ROAD, 300 METERS FROM VARNA AIRPORT
Aksakovo, 9154, Letishe, Varna
9154, Aksakovo, Letishe Varna
VARNA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Varna International Airport
Yes Rent A Car
Bulgaria, Varna, 9000
+35952510250 / +359899855034
+359893444343 / +359893444343
Varna Airport Arrivals Hall, 9154 Varna
Airport Varna, 9154 Varna
Varna Airport, 9154 Varna
Ace Rent a car
359884049350 / 3172487251
324th Vladislav Varnenchik Blv
Why choose us?
Exclusive rates from a wide range of suppliersProviding rental offers for over 2,000,000 cars in 150+ countries, we can find you a great car in the right location for the best price
High level of satisfactionGreat Trustpilot review score – 4.6 – based on feedback from thousands of our customers
Personalized assistance during the reservation process24/7 customer support in 12 languages via your preferred channel — chat, phone, email
The benefits of signing up
We hate spam as much as you do! Sign up for our newsletter and all you get is our newsletter—weekly benefits delivered to your inbox: special booking prices, useful tips, city and country guides, and more.
Thanks for signing up!