Car Rental at Melbourne Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Often called the cultural capital of Australia, Melbourne is a popular tourist destination for a good reason. Home to interesting history, artistic charm, lovely beaches, and a relaxed, creative vibe, it offers plenty of landmarks to see and experiences to try. It’s impossible to list all of the city’s attractions, but, for a start, here are three of them:
- Melbourne Recital Centre. The hometown of many international acts, Melbourne has been called the live music capital of the world, and the Recital Centre is one of its most iconic concert venues. More than 500 performances of various genres take place here every year. As great as the centre is, though, visiting it means just scratching the surface of everything that Melbourne can offer to indefatigable melomaniacs.
- Immigration Museum. For thousands of years before the British arrived, Melbourne was inhabited by indigenous Australians. Fittingly, there are many cultural and educational venues across the city that celebrate this heritage. Equally important to the city’s modern development, however, were immigrants from different European countries, Asia, and other parts of the world who arrived here over the previous two centuries. Located in a picturesque Renaissance Revival building, this fascinating museum is dedicated to telling their stories and deciphering the melting pot that is modern Melbourne.
- Royal Botanic Gardens. Melbourne is near a number of wild beaches, state forests, and national parks, but it’s also possible to enjoy greenery and nature without leaving the city. Often called one of the best botanical gardens in the world, this large area is home to more than 10,000 species of flora, both local and brought to Australia from all over the planet. Whether you walk among giant ferns or enjoy evening dusk over one of the gardens’ lakes, this is a great place to spend a day out in the sun.
- Dandenong Ranges National Park. Encompassing a territory of forested slopes, Dandenong is one of the nicest nature areas just outside of Melbourne city borders (the drive from the center takes about 40 minutes). Part of the Aboriginal cultural landscape, it is known for hilltop villages, mighty tree ferns, and unique inhabitants such as lyrebirds and powerful owls. Due to some fauna species being easily disturbed, it is not permitted to visit the park with dogs (with the exception of assistance dogs).
Most popular types of rental car
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Sydney (856 km / 532 mi)
- Adelaide (727 km / 452 mi)
- Brisbane (1,659 km / 1,031 mi)
- Canberra (641 km / 398 mi)
- Perth Airport (3,405 km / 2,116 mi)
Melbourne Airport (MEL)
- IATA: MEL
- ICAO: YMML
- Name: Melbourne Airport (MEL)
- Distance from city: 13.7 miles / 22 km
Top 20 Locations near Melbourne Airport
Car Rental in Melbourne Tullamarine from $47.15 per day3.9 km / 2.4 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne (Downtown) from $36.68 per day18.3 km / 11.4 miles away
Car Rental in South Melbourne from $52.71 per day20.1 km / 12.5 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Richmond from $48.22 per day21.4 km / 13.3 miles away
Car Rental at Melbourne St Kilda from $50.34 per day24.3 km / 15.1 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Hoppers Crossing from $46.08 per day24.8 km / 15.4 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Brighton from $40.72 per day28.6 km / 17.8 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Moorabbin from $34.57 per day35.4 km / 22.0 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Bayswater from $42.13 per day42.4 km / 26.3 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Dandenong from $35.34 per day47.5 km / 29.5 miles away
Car Rental at Avalon Airport from $54.97 per day52.3 km / 32.5 miles away
Car Rental in Melbourne Frankston from $36.11 per day57.9 km / 36.0 miles away
Car Rental at Albury Airport from $51.39 per day259.3 km / 161.1 miles away
Car Rental at Wagga Wagga Airport from $45.50 per day364.7 km / 226.6 miles away
Car Rental at Griffith Airport from $87.46 per day396.2 km / 246.2 miles away
Car Rental at Devonport Airport from $65.17 per day412.0 km / 256.0 miles away
Car Rental at Merimbula Airport from $31.01 per day455.4 km / 283.0 miles away
Car Rental at Mildura Airport from $41.64 per day456.3 km / 283.5 miles away
Car Rental at Canberra Airport from $46.56 per day469.6 km / 291.8 miles away
Car Rental at Launceston Airport from $50.01 per day476.0 km / 295.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Melbourne Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Melbourne Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Melbourne Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||Bargain Car Rentals, SIXT, EastCoast Car Rentals, Jucy, ADVANCE CAR RENTAL|
|Popular car categories||SUVs, Large cars, Medium cars, Vans|
|Lowest price||$31 per day|
|Cheapest supplier||Bargain Car Rentals|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Bargain Car Rentals||Hyundai Accent||4||2||Medium cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Toyota Corolla||4||2||Large cars|
|Bargain Car Rentals||Kia Stonic||4||2||SUVs|
|EastCoast Car Rentals||MG ZS||5||2||SUVs|
|Bargain Car Rentals||MG HS||4||2||SUVs|
|SIXT||MG HS Aut.||5||3||SUVs|
|Jucy||Hyundai Accent||5||2||Medium cars|
|Jucy||Toyota Corolla Sedan||4||2||Large cars|
|SIXT||Mitsubishi Outlander Aut.||5||3||SUVs|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.