Car Rental at Bilbao Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
The largest city in Basque Country, Bilbao is one of the most interesting urban destinations in Spain. The city is best known as the location of the Guggenheim Museum, but plenty of architectural and cultural landmarks are just as interesting to explore. Bilbao also provides easy access both to some of northern Spain’s most beautiful beaches and the stunning peaks of the nearby Pyrenees. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around the city:
- Basque Museum. Also known as Euskal Museoa, this museum is dedicated to the Basque people, the native inhabitants of the area (to this day, the region is officially bilingual, and Basque can be frequently heard on the streets of Bilbao). The museum is celebrating its 100th birthday in 2021. Besides this museum and the Guggenheim Museum, other interesting cultural institutions of Bilbao include La Ria Maritime Museum, Bullfighting Museum, and Museum of Sacred Arts.
- Bilbao Cathedral. Known as Catedral de Santiago in Spanish, Donejakue Katedrala in Basque, and the Cathedral of St. James in English, this impressive building is named after the patron saint of the city. Built in the 12th century and significantly enlarged in the 14th and 15th centuries, this Gothic masterpiece is known for its impressive facade and three naves.
- Urdaibai. An estuary, a biosphere reserve, and a bird center, Urdaibai is one of the most naturally beautiful places near Bilbao. Characterized by a sandy shoreline, coastal mountains, and salt marshes, the area can be explored via a network of trails. Local inhabitants include salamanders, ospreys, and herons, as well as the aforementioned bird center which also doubles as a high-quality museum. Guernica, the main settlement of the area which was depicted in the famous painting by Pablo Picasso, is known for its lively market and takes only about 30 minutes to reach from Bilbao. You can explore the rest of Urdaibai from there.
Top international routes
Most popular types of rental car
- Station wagons - from $136 per day
- Large cars - from $113 per day
- Medium cars - from $88 per day
- Vans - from $226 per day
- Premium cars - from $221 per day
- Small cars - from $75 per day
- SUVs - from $139 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- San Sebastian (101 km / 63 mi). Located in northeastern Basque country right on the border with France, San Sebastian might just rival Bilbao as the most famous city of the region. In addition to beautiful beaches and many cultural institutions, San Sebastian (or Donostia, as it's known in Basque) is rumored to have the highest number of Michelin 3-star restaurants in Europe per capita.
- Madrid (415 km / 258 mi). The capital city of Spain, Madrid is not only a center of politics, business, and finance but also a lovely place to visit. Whether you come for the world-class museums, equally amazing football teams, or delicious food from all over Spain and Latin America, you’re unlikely to leave disappointed.
- Barcelona (622 km / 386 mi). The second city of Spain and the capital of the Catalonia region, Barcelona is one of Europe’s most famous travel destinations. The city’s amazing architecture, beautiful coastline, and festive atmosphere all add to a great travel experience.
- Bordeaux (333 km / 207 mi). Located in Southwestern France on the River Garonne, Bordeaux is a world-famous wine travel destination. Even if you’re driving and cannot try the wines, visiting the local domains that surround the city is still a fabulous experience. To go from Spain to France, you’ll have to cross an international border, so ask your rental car provider in advance if they permit it.
- Santiago de Compostela (569 km / 353 mi). The capital of the Northwestern Spanish region of Galicia, Santiago is not only the destination of the world’s most famous pilgrimage but also a great city in its own right, as ensured by its beautiful cathedral and many historic squares.
- Malaga (933 km / 580 mi). Located all across Spain from Bilbao in the region of Andalusia, Malaga is one of the great Mediterranean cities. Famous for the countless beautiful beaches that surround it, this classy city was also the birthplace of Pablo Picasso.
Bilbao Airport (BIO)
- IATA: BIO
- ICAO: LEBB
- Name: Bilbao Airport (BIO)
- Size: Medium Airport
- Aircraft movements (per year): 46,989
- Passengers (per year): 4,973,712
- Distance from City: 5.6 miles / 9 km N of town
Top 15 Locations near Bilbao Airport
Car Rental at Bilbao Barakaldo from $96.51 per day
Car Rental at Santander Airport from $64.14 per day69.1 km / 42.9 miles away
Car Rental at Burgos Train Station from $21.40 per day117.0 km / 72.7 miles away
Car Rental at Burgos East from $29.16 per day117.6 km / 73.1 miles away
Car Rental at Pamplona Airport from $78.41 per day123.5 km / 76.8 miles away
Car Rental at Asturias Airport from $45.73 per day248.1 km / 154.1 miles away
Car Rental at Zaragoza Train Station from $46.49 per day249.2 km / 154.8 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Collado Mediano from $58.91 per day301.9 km / 187.6 miles away
Car Rental in Madrid San Sebastian de los Reyes from $99.92 per day309.0 km / 192.0 miles away
Car Rental in Madrid Alcala De Henares from $41.46 per day314.8 km / 195.6 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Airport from $35.75 per day316.5 km / 196.7 miles away
Car Rental in Madrid Torrejon from $55.61 per day318.4 km / 197.9 miles away
Car Rental in Madrid Campo Las Naciones from $82.39 per day319.3 km / 198.4 miles away
Car Rental at Madrid Chamartin Train Station from $58.91 per day319.3 km / 198.4 miles away
Car Rental in Madrid Plaza Castilla from $79.70 per day319.9 km / 198.8 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices cheapest at Bilbao Airport?
What’s the most popular rental length at Bilbao Airport?
Which is the busiest car rental month at Bilbao Airport?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Record-go||Ford Fiesta||5||2||Small cars|
|Rentbycar||Renault Clio||5||2||Small cars|
|Record-go||Fiat 500||2||2||Small cars|
|Rentbycar||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Record-go||Seat Leon||5||2||Medium cars|
|Rentbycar||Renault Megane||5||2||Medium cars|
|Leasys||Citroen C1||3||1||Small cars|
|Ok Rent A Car||Seat Ibiza||5||1||Small cars|
|Alamo||Seat Ibiza||4||2||Small cars|
Our Customers Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.