Car Rental at Cape Town Airport
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Airport Car Rental
Fun and accessible, Cape Town is one of the most visited cities in Africa for a reason. The city has been shaped by the different cultures that call it home, making it a vibrant destination with an interesting history and plenty of atmosphere. Being in South Africa, fascinating nature is never too far away, either. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Cape Town:
- The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden. More similar to a national park, the Kirstenbosch has been rightly called one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world. Its peaks, savanna, and shrubland give a home to a large variety of fascinating plants from all across South Africa, and there are also displays of indigenous art. The botanical garden is just a short drive south of Cape Town’s center and you can also visit a number of other nearby natural attractions such as Newlands Forest, Table Mountain, and Skeleton Gorge.
- Bo-Kaap. Also known as the Malay Quarter since many of its original inhabitants were brought to South Africa from Malaysia and Indonesia, Bo-Kaap is arguably the most famous neighborhood of the city. The area is best known for its many colorful buildings that feature prominently on every tourist brochure and video of Cape Town. The area remains predominantly Muslim and is home to a number of scenic mosques; another interesting place to visit is the Bo-Kaap Museum.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive. Named after the impressive summit that is located between the towns of Hout Bay and Noordhoek, Chapman’s Peak Drive is often called one of the most impressive roads in the world. The whole drive is just 9 km (5.4 miles) long and there is a toll in place, but it is absolutely still worth it. Both Hout Bay and Noordhoek also have plenty of fun things to see and do.
Find out more about renting a car in South Africa in our complete guide.
Top international routes
- Addis Ababa
Most popular types of rental car
- Large cars - from $35 per day
- Medium cars - from $25 per day
- Vans - from $51 per day
- Premium cars - from $68 per day
- Small cars - from $15 per day
- SUVs - from $39 per day
Car rental desks
Services and facilities
Nearest gas station
Popular one-way rentals
- Port Elizabeth (736 km / 457 mi)
- Johannesburg (1,397 km / 868 mi)
- George (415 km / 258 mi)
- Windhoek (1,489 km / 925 mi)
- East London (1,041 km / 647 mi)
- Maun (2,268 km / 1,409 mi)
Cape Town Airport (CPT)
- IATA: CPT
- ICAO: FACT
- Name: Cape Town Airport (CPT)
- Distance from city: 12.4 miles / 20 km
Top 18 Locations near Cape Town Airport
Car Rental in Cape Town (Downtown) from $15.49 per day17.4 km / 10.8 miles away
48.0 km / 29.8 miles away
Car Rental at George Airport from $15.49 per day348.3 km / 216.4 miles away
Car Rental at Port Elizabeth Airport from $15.49 per day646.8 km / 401.9 miles away
Car Rental at Port Elizabeth Rhodes University - Grahamstown from $20.72 per day736.0 km / 457.3 miles away
818.1 km / 508.3 miles away
Car Rental at Kimberley Airport from $15.49 per day819.3 km / 509.1 miles away
Car Rental at East London Airport from $15.49 per day861.2 km / 535.1 miles away
Car Rental at Bloemfontein Airport from $15.49 per day908.3 km / 564.4 miles away
Car Rental in Durban (Downtown) from $15.49 per day1257.8 km / 781.6 miles away
Car Rental at Johannesburg Lanseria Airport from $15.49 per day1265.1 km / 786.1 miles away
Car Rental at Johannesburg Airport from $24.39 per day1270.9 km / 789.7 miles away
Car Rental at Tambo International Airport from $15.49 per day1270.9 km / 789.7 miles away
Car Rental at King Shaka International Airport from $15.49 per day1277.0 km / 793.5 miles away
Car Rental at Pretoria Hatfield from $21.90 per day1302.0 km / 809.0 miles away
Car Rental at Wonderboom Airport from $15.53 per day1308.6 km / 813.1 miles away
Car Rental at Richards Bay Airport from $15.49 per day1405.0 km / 873.0 miles away
Car Rental at Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport from $15.49 per day1537.2 km / 955.2 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
When are car rental prices the lowest at Cape Town Airport?
This information can help you identify the low season. But these are only average numbers. How much your car rental will cost will depend on the type of vehicle you rent, how long you’ll rent it for, and how far ahead you book. Simply enter your dates in the form at the top of the page to see the exact prices.
For how long do renters keep their vehicles at Cape Town Airport?
What is the most popular time of year to rent a car at Cape Town Airport?
Car Rental Information
|Popular suppliers||First Car Rental, Keddy, GreenMotion, Thrifty, Firefly|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||$15 per day|
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|First Car Rental||Suzuki Celerio||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Nissan Almera||5||2||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Toyota Quest||4||2||Large cars|
|Thrifty||Hyundai Grand i10||5||1||Small cars|
|Firefly||Toyota Agya||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Suzuki Swift||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Honda Amaze||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.