Car Hire at Cape Town Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
Fun and accessible, Cape Town is one of the most visited cities in Africa for a reason. The city has been shaped by the different cultures that call it home, making it a vibrant destination with an interesting history and plenty of atmosphere. Being in South Africa, fascinating nature is never too far away, either. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Cape Town:
- The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden. More similar to a national park, the Kirstenbosch has been rightly called one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world. Its peaks, savanna, and shrubland give a home to a large variety of fascinating plants from all across South Africa, and there are also displays of indigenous art. The botanical garden is just a short drive south of Cape Town’s center and you can also visit a number of other nearby natural attractions such as Newlands Forest, Table Mountain, and Skeleton Gorge.
- Bo-Kaap. Also known as the Malay Quarter since many of its original inhabitants were brought to South Africa from Malaysia and Indonesia, Bo-Kaap is arguably the most famous neighborhood of the city. The area is best known for its many colorful buildings that feature prominently on every tourist brochure and video of Cape Town. The area remains predominantly Muslim and is home to a number of scenic mosques; another interesting place to visit is the Bo-Kaap Museum.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive. Named after the impressive summit that is located between the towns of Hout Bay and Noordhoek, Chapman’s Peak Drive is often called one of the most impressive roads in the world. The whole drive is just 9 km (5.4 miles) long and there is a toll in place, but it is absolutely still worth it. Both Hout Bay and Noordhoek also have plenty of fun things to see and do.
Find out more about hiring a car in South Africa in our complete guide.
Top international routes
- Addis Ababa
Most popular types of hire car
- Large cars - starting at £ 83 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 44 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 125 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 33 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 111 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Port Elizabeth (736 km / 457 mi)
- Johannesburg (1,397 km / 868 mi)
- George (415 km / 258 mi)
- Windhoek (1,489 km / 925 mi)
- East London (1,041 km / 647 mi)
- Maun (2,268 km / 1,409 mi)
Cape Town Airport (CPT)
- IATA: CPT
- ICAO: FACT
- Name: Cape Town Airport (CPT)
- Size: Large Airport
- Flights per year: 99,337
- Passengers (per year): 10,211,390
- Distance from the city centre: 12.4 miles / 20 km SE of town
- Working hours: 24 hours a day
Top 12 Destinations around Cape Town Airport
Car Hire at George Airport starting at £ 17.40 per day292.0 km / 181.4 miles away
Car Hire at Port Elizabeth Airport starting at £ 17.40 per day588.1 km / 365.4 miles away
Car Hire at East London Airport starting at £ 17.40 per day808.3 km / 502.2 miles away
Car Hire at Kimberley Airport starting at £ 17.40 per day814.2 km / 505.9 miles away
Car Hire at King Shaka International Airport starting at £ 17.40 per day1239.5 km / 770.2 miles away
Car Hire at O.R. Tambo International Airport starting at £ 17.40 per day1261.6 km / 783.9 miles away
Car Hire at Johannesburg Airport starting at £ 25.52 per day1261.6 km / 783.9 miles away
Car Hire at Pretoria Hatfield starting at £ 17.40 per day1294.5 km / 804.3 miles away
Car Hire at Wonderboom Airport starting at £ 17.40 per day1301.5 km / 808.7 miles away
Car Hire at Ulundi Airport starting at £ 12.45 per day1338.7 km / 831.9 miles away
Car Hire at Nelspruit Riverside Park starting at £ 25.52 per day1505.7 km / 935.6 miles away
Car Hire at Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport starting at £ 17.40 per day1520.0 km / 944.5 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
During which month is it most affordable to hire a car at Cape Town Airport?
What’s the most frequent hire length at Cape Town Airport?
Which month sees the highest demand for car hire at Cape Town Airport?
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|First Car Rental||Suzuki Celerio||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Nissan Almera||5||2||Medium cars|
|Thrifty||Hyundai Grand i10||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Honda Amaze||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Suzuki Swift||5||1||Small cars|
|Firefly||Toyota Agya||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Toyota Quest||4||2||Large cars|
|Keddy||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Medium cars|
|Europcar||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.