Car Hire at Cape Town Airport
Cheapest Car Hire Rates
Most Popular Car Hire Deals
Airport Car Hire
Fun and accessible, Cape Town is one of the most visited cities in Africa for a reason. The city has been shaped by the different cultures that call it home, making it a vibrant destination with an interesting history and plenty of atmosphere. Being in South Africa, fascinating nature is never too far away, either. These are three of the most interesting attractions in and around Cape Town:
- The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden. More similar to a national park, the Kirstenbosch has been rightly called one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world. Its peaks, savanna, and shrubland give a home to a large variety of fascinating plants from all across South Africa, and there are also displays of indigenous art. The botanical garden is just a short drive south of Cape Town’s center and you can also visit a number of other nearby natural attractions such as Newlands Forest, Table Mountain, and Skeleton Gorge.
- Bo-Kaap. Also known as the Malay Quarter since many of its original inhabitants were brought to South Africa from Malaysia and Indonesia, Bo-Kaap is arguably the most famous neighborhood of the city. The area is best known for its many colorful buildings that feature prominently on every tourist brochure and video of Cape Town. The area remains predominantly Muslim and is home to a number of scenic mosques; another interesting place to visit is the Bo-Kaap Museum.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive. Named after the impressive summit that is located between the towns of Hout Bay and Noordhoek, Chapman’s Peak Drive is often called one of the most impressive roads in the world. The whole drive is just 9 km (5.4 miles) long and there is a toll in place, but it is absolutely still worth it. Both Hout Bay and Noordhoek also have plenty of fun things to see and do.
Find out more about hiring a car in South Africa in our complete guide.
Top international routes
- Addis Ababa
Most popular types of hire car
- Large cars - starting at £ 21 per day
- Medium cars - starting at £ 15 per day
- People Carriers - starting at £ 37 per day
- Premium cars - starting at £ 54 per day
- Small cars - starting at £ 12 per day
- SUVs - starting at £ 28 per day
Car hire desks
Services and facilities
Nearest petrol station
Popular one-way hires
- Port Elizabeth (736 km / 457 mi)
- Johannesburg (1,397 km / 868 mi)
- George (415 km / 258 mi)
- Windhoek (1,489 km / 925 mi)
- East London (1,041 km / 647 mi)
- Maun (2,268 km / 1,409 mi)
Cape Town Airport (CPT)
- IATA: CPT
- ICAO: FACT
- Name: Cape Town Airport (CPT)
- Distance from the city centre: 12.4 miles / 20 km
Top 10 Destinations around Cape Town Airport
Car Hire in Cape Town (Downtown) starting at £ 12.17 per day17.4 km / 10.8 miles away
Car Hire at George Airport starting at £ 12.17 per day348.3 km / 216.4 miles away
Car Hire at Port Elizabeth Airport starting at £ 12.17 per day646.8 km / 401.9 miles away
Car Hire at East London Airport starting at £ 12.17 per day861.2 km / 535.1 miles away
Car Hire at Johannesburg Fourways Downtown starting at £ 12.17 per day1264.1 km / 785.5 miles away
Car Hire at Johannesburg Airport starting at £ 17.12 per day1270.9 km / 789.7 miles away
Car Hire at O.R. Tambo International Airport starting at £ 11.79 per day1270.9 km / 789.7 miles away
Car Hire at King Shaka International Airport starting at £ 11.75 per day1277.0 km / 793.5 miles away
Car Hire at Pretoria Hatfield starting at £ 11.68 per day1302.0 km / 809.0 miles away
1522.1 km / 945.8 miles away
Map of Car Hire Destinations
In which month is car hire at Cape Town Airport the most affordable?
This information can help you determine the low season. But note that these prices are only averages. The cost of your hire is determined by the type of car you select, the length of time you hire it for and how much in advance you book. Simply type in your dates in the form at the top of the page in order to find out the exact prices.
What’s the usual hire length for renters at Cape Town Airport?
Which time of year sees the highest demand for car hire at Cape Town Airport?
Car Hire Information
|Popular suppliers||First Car Rental, GreenMotion, Keddy, Firefly, Thrifty|
|Popular car categories||Small cars, Medium cars, SUVs, Large cars|
|Lowest price||£ 12 per day|
Most Popular Car Hire Models
|First Car Rental||Suzuki Celerio||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Nissan Almera||5||2||Medium cars|
|First Car Rental||Toyota Quest||4||2||Large cars|
|First Car Rental||Suzuki Swift||5||1||Small cars|
|Firefly||Toyota Agya||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Kia Picanto||5||1||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Honda Amaze||5||1||Small cars|
|Keddy||Volkswagen Polo||5||2||Small cars|
|First Car Rental||Volkswagen Polo||5||1||Medium cars|
|Keddy||Toyota Agya||5||1||Small cars|
Our Customers' Reviews
Because we want to make sure each review listed here is left by a real customer, we don’t have an option to post a review here. Instead, we ask each and every customer to leave a review after they return their rental car. This way, you know that all reviews are authentic, verified, and trustworthy.