Car Rental in Brindisi
Cheapest Car Rental Rates
Most Popular Car Rental Deals
Why rent a car in Brindisi?
Brindisi is a great place to explore by car. Cozy, historic, and located near a number of world-class beaches, the city is a worthy destination in its own right, but it can also serve as a great base for exploring the rest of beautiful and untamed Southern Italy.
One-Way Car Rentals in Brindisi
The most popular one-way rental options for pick up in Brindisi and drop off in another city include:
- From Brindisi to Bari - 138 offers from US$ 23.01 per day
- From Brindisi to Lamezia Terme - 132 offers from US$ 23.01 per day
- From Brindisi to Naples - 138 offers from US$ 23.01 per day
Top ways to enter Brindisi
- Brindisi Airport. Like many other Italian airports, Brindisi is especially active during the summer months when the number of airlines that it is served by rises to 15. Brindisi sees many domestic flights and also has air routes to the United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, and other European countries. Also known as Salento Airport, it is located just north of the city center.
- Bari Airport. Also known as Palese Airport and Karol Wojtyla Airport (after Pope John Paul II), Bari Airport is the largest in the region of Apulia. Brindisi is just 90 minutes drive south along the Adriatic Coast.
- Lamezia Terme Airport. Serving the resort town of Lamezia Terme in the nearby Calabria region, this small airport is served by a number of airlines, including some low-cost carriers. It is about a three-and-a-half hour drive southwest of Brindisi.
- Naples Airport. One of the fastest-growing airports in Italy, Naples-Capodichino sees almost 10 million travelers every year. With flights by a large number of airlines and located just three-and-a-half hours northwest of Brindisi, it can serve as a good entry point to Southern Italy.
Useful city facts
Like much of the rest of Southern Italy, Brindisi enjoys a hot and pleasant Mediterranean climate. In July and August, the average temperature is 26 °C (78 °F) and often much higher. Even in January and February, the temperature rarely drops below 10 °C (50 °F). Summers are generally dry, although a bit more humid than in many other cities in the region.
Even in a country like Italy, Brindisi stands out for its delicious cuisine. Ricotta and other cheeses, bluefish and other sea products, and snails are some of the products used in the foods cooked by the skilled Brindisi chefs.
Top destinations and activities
- Roman Columns. Like many cities in Italy, Brindisi is rich in ancient Roman heritage. One of the best examples of this is the city’s Roman columns. One of them collapsed almost 500 years ago and its ruins were donated to a neighboring city, but the other is still standing, making it one of the most famous landmarks of Brindisi.
- Santa Maria del Casale. About to celebrate its 700th birthday in 2022, this one is the most famous of Brindisi’s many churches. It can be easily recognized by its facade made of gray and yellow stones, and the gothic church is just as beautiful from the inside as it is from the outside thanks to its many impressive frescoes.
- The Beaches. Let’s face it - even though Brindisi is rich in ancient and medieval history, its number one attraction is its long and beautiful coastline. There’s plenty to choose from, to. The fun Lido Morelli Beach, the tranquil Lido Specchiolla, the rugged Torre Pozzelle and many other beaches dot the area. Although many of these beaches are not located in Brindisi, but in the nearby villages, all of them can be easily and quickly reached by a rental car.
Traffic and parking tips
- The speed limit in cities is 50 km/h, although in certain areas the speed limit may be reduced to 30 km/h.
- Main highways have speed limits of 130 km/h, non-major highways of 110 km/h, and local roads of 90 km/h. During the rain, the limits are lowered to 110 km/h, 100 km/h, and 80 km/h, respectively. The general speed limit is lowered to 50 km/h during heavy fog or other cases of bad visibility.
- The insurance and car documentation needs to be in the car whenever you’re driving.
- If you’re the driver, you need to have your passport or ID card with you at all times.
- The legal alcohol limit is 0.05% for experienced drivers and 0.00% for novice drivers. Being over the allowed limit can result in hefty fines and even imprisonment.
- The emergency number, like elsewhere in the EU, is 112.
There are numerous toll roads and tunnels in Italy. The exact fee depends on the route of your choice and the type of a vehicle.
There are different payment methods for tolls, including cash and credit card. Some rental cars in Italy might also be equipped with an electronic prepaid card called Viacard or with an electronic toll road transponder. Car rental providers might charge an additional fee for this service. Ask the car rental provider about it before renting the car. If you miss a toll payment, you can still pay for it online. If you take longer than 15 days, however, additional charges will be added to the fee. Read more about missed toll payments in Italy and how to pay for them later here.
See the official Italian toll road website for more information. Use the website’s toll road calculator to find out exactly how much you’ll have to pay for using the toll roads on your planned route.
Ideas for a day-trip
- Bari. The capital of Apulia is famous for its basilicas, beaches, and food that’s considered outstanding even by Italian standards. Its narrow streets create a historic atmosphere, but with a metropolitan population of 1 million, it is also one of the largest cities in Southern Italy. From Brindisi, it can be reached in just 1 hour and 20 minutes by car.
- Lecce. Sometimes called “the Florence of the south” thanks to its beautiful baroque architecture, Lecce is also home to an impressive Roman amphitheater and an archeological park. After taking in all the mighty history, try Pasticciotto Leccese, the city’s trademark cake (although make sure it’s still in the morning as that’s when locals eat it!). Lecce is just half an hour’s drive from Brindisi.
- Terra Delle Gravine Nature Park. Just an hour-and-a-half drive west of Brindisi, this mountainous natural area is a great place to spend a day outdoors. Walking through its wooded ravines is a very relaxing experience. The nature reserve is home to many birds of prey, badgers, wild boar, and other types of animals.
Most popular rental types and cars
The most popular rental car types in Brindisi are economy, compact, and mini. If you plan to travel to the nearby mountains or natural areas, getting an intermediate or full-size vehicle might be a good idea. The most popular rental cars are the Peugeot 108, the Fiat Panda, and the Opel Corsa.
- Naples. The city living in the shadow of Pompeii, the home of the largest historic center in Europe, and the world capital of pizza, Naples is simply a stunning destination. History, attractions, and things to do abound here, and, should you ever grow overwhelmed, you can easily escape to one of the nearby islands in the Mediterranean. Naples is about a four hour drive northwest of Brindisi.
- Rome. The Eternal City has plenty of classical, Roman, and even pre-Roman landmarks and museums making it one of the most impressive historic destinations in the world (that’s even without mentioning Vatican City). What is less known is that Rome is also a modern metropolis where even those oblivious to ancient history can find plenty to entertain themselves, from modern arts scene to beaches, shopping opportunities, and any cuisine imaginable. Regardless of which type you are, you’ll most likely enjoy your time here. Rome is about six hours northwest of Brindisi.
- Sicily. As proud as it is hospitable, Italy’s largest island is one of the most unique places in Europe. It’s cities date back millennia, having seen Greek, Arab, Norman, and other rulers, and its rugged landscape will leave even experienced travelers breathless. Although getting there from Brindisi means a five hour drive and a ferry ride, the long trip is most definitely worth it.
Car Rental Prices in Brindisi
- Convertibles - from $20 per day
- Station wagons - from $77 per day
- Large cars - from $78 per day
- Medium cars - from $42 per day
- Premium cars - from $275 per day
- Small cars - from $35 per day
- SUVs - from $72 per day
How can I save money on my rental car?
Here are some tricks you can try to land yourself a great rental car in Brindisi:
- Compare the rates of different rental car providers
- Book your rental car well in advance
- Plan your route before you go
- Know your fuel and mileage requirements
- Visit during the month when the rental prices are the cheapest. According to our data, visiting Brindisi is the cheapest in December when renting a car is about 70% cheaper than the yearly average and a mind-blowing 80% cheaper than renting a car in August. Come visit Brindisi in winter when the weather is still pleasantly mild, the crowds are low, and the prices are great!
Top 20 Cities near Brindisi
Rome Car Rentals from $24.34 per day478.6 km / 297.4 miles away
Milan Car Rentals from $20.15 per day885.5 km / 550.2 miles away
104.1 km / 64.7 miles away
Naples Car Rentals from $13.48 per day308.9 km / 192.0 miles away
Venice Car Rentals from $11.79 per day704.6 km / 437.8 miles away
Turin Car Rentals from $17.34 per day968.6 km / 601.9 miles away
Bologna Car Rentals from $13.18 per day689.1 km / 428.2 miles away
Bergamo Car Rentals from $22.57 per day872.9 km / 542.4 miles away
Lamezia Terme Car Rentals from $13.18 per day243.3 km / 151.2 miles away
Florence Car Rentals from $12.55 per day656.1 km / 407.7 miles away
Pisa Car Rentals from $14.38 per day707.3 km / 439.5 miles away
Verona Car Rentals from $18.48 per day775.2 km / 481.7 miles away
Pescara Car Rentals from $10.92 per day370.3 km / 230.1 miles away
Treviso Car Rentals from $16.32 per day724.7 km / 450.3 miles away
Bolzano Car Rentals from $20.99 per day837.6 km / 520.5 miles away
Genoa Car Rentals from $17.97 per day846.0 km / 525.7 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Car Rentals from $14.75 per day348.8 km / 216.7 miles away
Lecce Car Rentals from $79.55 per day39.3 km / 24.4 miles away
Padua Car Rentals from $18.80 per day722.9 km / 449.2 miles away
Modena Car Rentals from $21.83 per day726.9 km / 451.7 miles away
Top 20 Locations near Brindisi
Brindisi Airport Car Rentals from $13.18 per day2.3 km / 1.4 miles away
Lecce Train Station Car Rentals from $79.55 per day37.4 km / 23.2 miles away
Bari Train Station Car Rentals from $23.00 per day105.0 km / 65.2 miles away
Bari Airport Car Rentals from $12.55 per day113.9 km / 70.8 miles away
Crotone Airport Car Rentals from $13.82 per day196.7 km / 122.2 miles away
Foggia Railway Station Car Rentals from $23.00 per day220.7 km / 137.1 miles away
Lamezia Terme Airport Car Rentals from $13.18 per day241.3 km / 150.0 miles away
Salerno Train Station Car Rentals from $17.58 per day267.6 km / 166.3 miles away
Naples Airport Car Rentals from $13.48 per day309.0 km / 192.0 miles away
Napoli Port Car Rentals from $23.00 per day311.7 km / 193.7 miles away
Reggio di Calabria Airport Car Rentals from $14.75 per day346.8 km / 215.5 miles away
Pescara Airport Car Rentals from $10.92 per day371.4 km / 230.8 miles away
Frosinone Ferentino Car Rentals from $41.39 per day409.7 km / 254.6 miles away
Rome Ciampino Airport Car Rentals from $13.18 per day465.7 km / 289.4 miles away
Rome Via Tuscolana Car Rentals from $23.00 per day470.2 km / 292.2 miles away
Rome Centocelle Car Rentals from $17.11 per day471.0 km / 292.7 miles away
Rome Rebibbia Car Rentals from $38.33 per day471.3 km / 292.8 miles away
Rome di Portonaccio Car Rentals from $21.15 per day473.2 km / 294.0 miles away
Rome Via Appia Car Rentals from $22.16 per day473.6 km / 294.3 miles away
Rome Tiburtina Train station Car Rentals from $15.45 per day474.2 km / 294.7 miles away
Map of Car Rental Locations
Which is the cheapest month to rent a car in Brindisi?
What’s the usual rental length in Brindisi?
What's the most popular month to rent a car in Brindisi?
Most Popular Car Models of Rental Suppliers
|Sicily By Car||Fiat Panda||5||1||Small cars|
|Noleggiare||Citroen C1||2||1||Small cars|
|Goldcar||Fiat Panda||3||2||Small cars|
|Noleggiare||Toyota Aygo||5||2||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Fiat 500X||5||3||Medium cars|
|Ecovia||Fiat Panda||4||1||Small cars|
|Noleggiare||Fiat 500||3||1||Small cars|
|Optimo Rent||Renault Twingo||3||1||Small cars|
|Sicily By Car||Opel Corsa||5||2||Small cars|
|Noleggiare||Fiat Panda||4||2||Small cars|